Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

North Spore Shop: Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineknobtwiddler
Stranger
Male

Loc: Southern Illinois
Stalled mycobags
    #2100947 - 11/13/03 09:10 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Hello, I hope this question/scenario is advanced enough for everyone. Four muched up/smashed mycobags were started about a month ago w/ ks classic. I've got them sitting over a cookie sheet over a cooler w/ water and a submergible fishtank heater to maintain temp. There is also a towel and sleeping bag kept over the incubator, being that it's cold here. The temp, most of the time has been about 80-82 degrees. The bags did great after one week and had myc all over the outsides of the grain. I mushed em around and rearranged a bit and after that they stalled. There's been virtually no growth for about 3 weeks now. I injected 6 cc's of sterilized water into a bag and shook it around a little about 3 days ago. Still nothing. What do you think I should do to spurt growth again? All i've got in the bags now is lightly white dusted looking chunks of grain. At times i noticed the temp did get into the high 80's, so maybe they were cooked a little. Next time once there's myc on the outsides of the grain should I not rearrange it throughout the bag, and just let it continue? Basically, how can i get these freakin' things to start colonizing again?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblemicro
bunbun has a gungun
Male User Gallery

Loc: Brick City
Re: Stalled mycobags [Re: knobtwiddler]
    #2101121 - 11/13/03 10:14 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

High 80's won't really hurt anything. The only thing I can think of is either they were contaminated, and by mixing them you mixed the contaminant around, too, which would stall them, but they should smell bad in this case, or they're fine.... You said it looked like there was mycelium all over the outside of the grain -- that sounds like they were almost 100% colonized -- what else do you expect to see besides white grain?

Also they could be dry, but I think most likely they're fine -- if you could post a picture I could tell better.

--
Micro

--------------------
Any research paper or book for free
(Avatar is Maxxy, a character by Mizzyam, RIP)

Offlineknobtwiddler
Stranger
Male

Re: Stalled mycobags [Re: micro]
    #2101194 - 11/13/03 10:33 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

no, no. only the outside of the grain was colonized. i broke it up a little to see if the inside was colonized and none of it was, so wat appeared to be 100% colonization was only like 20%

Invisiblemicro
bunbun has a gungun
Male User Gallery

#2101213 - 11/13/03 10:38 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

You mean nothing inside of the bag was colonized? Only the outside? Something's way off, then -- I've never seen that before. What kind of grain was it?

Or do you mean the inside of one kernel of grain? Don't worry about the inside of the kernels -- as long as it's all white on the outside of all the kernels.

--
Micro

--------------------

Edited by micro (11/13/03 10:40 AM)

Offlineknobtwiddler
Stranger
Male

#2101267 - 11/13/03 10:53 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

nothing on the inside was colonized. it was only colonized on the outside, but it was getting fluffy. Nothing looks or smells contaminated, but after shaking the bags to get the middle to colonize the whole thing just halted and all that's left is lightly dusted chunks of myc

Invisiblemicro
bunbun has a gungun
Male User Gallery

#2101359 - 11/13/03 11:17 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

I think there was something wrong with the bags, themselves. Did you make them or buy them?

--
Micro

--------------------

Offlineknobtwiddler
Stranger
Male

#2101634 - 11/13/03 12:22 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

i bought em from mycobag.com

Jump to top Pages: 1

North Spore Shop: Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies