Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

PhytoExtractum Shop: Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineElff
Abyss Full of Love
 User Gallery

Re: I got someone who was blind from birth to smoke DMT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [Re: drege]
    #20997287 - 12/19/14 01:04 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

touching story

--------------------

"No drug causes the fundamental ills of society. If we’re looking for the source of our troubles, we shouldn’t test people for drugs— we should test them for stupidity, ignorance, greed, and love of power."  - PJ O’Rourke

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMushroom_J
Hard to the Coir !
 User Gallery

Loc: East
Re: I got someone who was blind from birth to smoke DMT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [Re: Elff]
    #20997386 - 12/19/14 02:04 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Ask him to describe the experience first based on the other 4 of his senses that work.

What did you hear?
Did you smell anything?
Taste anything?
Could he physically feel anything? (tactile feelings, touch)
Obviously the emotional shit lol
Ask if what he's experiencing is just "warped" versions of his working senses.

After these are out of the way, it may be easier to narrow down the rest of the experience to combinations of the other senses...

If it's still more than that then i'd say he's probably getting visuals. The part of his brain for sight still works according to you, but not his eyeballs. So there's no reason the visual cortex shit couldn't be activated chemically. Eyes only take in light... the brain does the interpretation. Stimulus would produce result even if there's no reference point as to what "sight" is.

I've melted into a chair tripping.
I have no experience in life prior that i could use as a reference point to know what melting feels like.

But if my brain while tripping can take the visual aspect of watching an ice cube melt for instance and turn the visual into an actual physical feeling then his "sight" experience could be his other senses acting on/with the visual parts of his brain... crossing signals.

--------------------

Edited by Mushroom_J (12/19/14 02:08 AM)

OfflinePsyCLown89
Shroomaloomed
 User Gallery

Loc: South Africa Flag
Re: I got someone who was blind from birth to smoke DMT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [Re: Mushroom_J]
    #20997472 - 12/19/14 02:46 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Very interesting thread, it would be even better if he could trip a few times and remember the experiences and then get his vision back and then be able to tell us what exactly it is that he experienced and possibly "saw".

That would be close to ideal imo and I'd be extremely interested in what exactly it was which he experienced.

I am colour blind, although it's just hard for me to tell apart shades of certain colours. I trip and I have not noticed a difference yet.
I do struggle with visuals but will do a higher dose sometime soon.

--------------------
My Trade List - Click ME!!   [Updated: 02/05/2015]

"It's all in your head"
"Haste makes waste!"

InvisibleMagicalOrangutan
Curious Cat
Male

Re: I got someone who was blind from birth to smoke DMT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [Re: PsyCLown89] * 1
    #20997608 - 12/19/14 04:20 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Wow. He probably got some closed eye visuals that were spectacular enough to make even me sob, let alone someone who's always been blind. His visual cortex being intact is probably important here, he may not have had those visuals if not for that.

I feel eternally happy for him. Wow.

Best thread I've seen on the shroomery since..possibly ever.

Just fucking awesome man

--------------------
On the ground you lay, with your dogs you pray, at a neon hieroglyph sky you gaze

Hugging your mind, praying to survive, feeling the love of the hieroglyphs in the sky
We all need more love, and mainly less hate
Hate is the blind that covers the heart's eye
That makes the heart's eye cry
Locked deep away in the skies of our minds

It's all in the mind

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: I got someone who was blind from birth to smoke DMT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [Re: MagicalOrangutan]
    #20997745 - 12/19/14 06:05 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

I would go with body, space and music metaphors with a blind person who has just had an outrageous dmt extravaganza delight.

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

Offlinedrege
This space for lease

Re: I got someone who was blind from birth to smoke DMT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [Re: PsyCLown89]
    #20997920 - 12/19/14 07:29 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

PsyCLown89 said:
Very interesting thread, it would be even better if he could trip a few times and remember the experiences and then get his vision back and then be able to tell us what exactly it is that he experienced and possibly "saw".

That would be close to ideal imo and I'd be extremely interested in what exactly it was which he experienced.

I am colour blind, although it's just hard for me to tell apart shades of certain colours. I trip and I have not noticed a difference yet.
I do struggle with visuals but will do a higher dose sometime soon.

Yea though I have never done DMT I understand the frustration of waking up with fleeting memories of dreams, the memory of having coins in hand, waking up and they are gone.

I've read a lot of reports, including Terence McKenna/Joe Rogan's; the first time is alwase more confusing that the 10th time, do more, more often.

--------------------

https://discord.gg/hqdy5ymn

OfflineWormi
Quiet Cultivator

Re: I got someone who was blind from birth to smoke DMT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [Re: drege]
    #20998044 - 12/19/14 08:35 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

he just has a sticky 'M' key.

--------------------
An old man and his grandson are sitting by the fire outside the tepee, wrapped in furs and gazing into the leaping flames. High on a snowy ridge, a wolf howls at the moon and another answers from far away. Soon after, the old man removes the pipe from his mouth.

‘Grandson,’ he says. ‘There are two wolves inside you. One is white and the other is black.’
‘What are they doing there, Grandfather?’ asks the wide-eyed boy.
‘They are fighting each other,’ says the old man.
The boy considers this, then asks, ‘Why are they white and black?’
‘The white one is your love, your peace and your truth. The black one is your fear, your anger and your lies.’

The fire crackles and sparks flare in the night. The wolf on the ridge howls again and the old man puffs contentedly on his pipe. Finally, the boy says, ‘Which one will win, Grandfather?’

‘Ah,’ says the old man, removing the pipe once more. ‘The one that wins is the one that you feed.’

Offlinedrege
This space for lease

Re: I got someone who was blind from birth to smoke DMT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [Re: Wormi]
    #20998068 - 12/19/14 08:49 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Its not alwase the 'M' key though.
Other posts it was 'N', 'R' and I think there was a post missing a slew of 'T's.
I'm not trippin though, it was just an observation.

--------------------

https://discord.gg/hqdy5ymn

OfflineHippieFeet
Psychedelic Jesus
 User Gallery

Loc: The other realm Flag
Re: I got someone who was blind from birth to smoke DMT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [Re: Wormi]
    #20998093 - 12/19/14 09:01 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

This is fucking wild! I have thought about the implications of this situation for years. I have smoked DMT...not sure how many times over the last 5 years and still have trouble putting it into words and i write, alot!
  Its pretty well documented in science literature and just by parents of blind children who have explained there experiences that they can see basic shapes and possibly 3D images in there dreams through knowledge of touch so its possible he could have taken as much a visual journey through the fractal tunnel as we do (colours being questionable)
  That said i'm wondering about colour myself as I and others i have sent into hyperspace have seen colours we have never seen before and thus cant describe. Of course we have some knowledge of colours and its less a stretch for us to see unusual and new colours than for someone who doesn't have a concept of basic colours but possible; what was said for you to guess he may be seeing different shades of a single colour ?

I have actually had one DMT trip myself that was devoid of colour and im wondering how close that could be to what your friend may have seen. I remember it being much like a large warping chess board rather than the normal mandala style tunnels.

All of this i guess also depends of if he "broke through" or not. If he did that could have been a whole new experience than we know; a wildly visual experience now based more prominently on other senses ?

--------------------
I live in a place where time doesn't exist,
colours taste like fruit and sound drips down the walls.
You can hear the light shining down upon you
and smell every touch;
where magic is reality and
reality is merely but a figment of the conscious dream.
Wont you come and visit ?

Edited by HippieFeet (12/19/14 09:06 AM)

OfflineWormi
Quiet Cultivator

#20998895 - 12/19/14 01:17 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

I made the same observation; I only saw M missing.

I didnt go back to check. I'll be looking back to this thread for more development, OP.

thanks!

--------------------
An old man and his grandson are sitting by the fire outside the tepee, wrapped in furs and gazing into the leaping flames. High on a snowy ridge, a wolf howls at the moon and another answers from far away. Soon after, the old man removes the pipe from his mouth.

‘Grandson,’ he says. ‘There are two wolves inside you. One is white and the other is black.’
‘What are they doing there, Grandfather?’ asks the wide-eyed boy.
‘They are fighting each other,’ says the old man.
The boy considers this, then asks, ‘Why are they white and black?’
‘The white one is your love, your peace and your truth. The black one is your fear, your anger and your lies.’

The fire crackles and sparks flare in the night. The wolf on the ridge howls again and the old man puffs contentedly on his pipe. Finally, the boy says, ‘Which one will win, Grandfather?’

‘Ah,’ says the old man, removing the pipe once more. ‘The one that wins is the one that you feed.’

Offlinetripologist
Stranger

#21000861 - 12/19/14 09:33 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

:threadmonitor:

OfflineGoldenEye
Male User Gallery

Loc: Amsterdam
Re: I got someone who was blind from birth to smoke DMT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [Re: tripologist]
    #21000883 - 12/19/14 09:40 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

OP, are you reading out some of our posts to your friend? I think it might interest him to hear what we are thinking about from our point of view. Pun intended.

OfflineDeathcore
Stranger

Re: I got someone who was blind from birth to smoke DMT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [Re: GoldenEye]
    #21002511 - 12/20/14 10:15 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

InvisibleDoes

Loc: Flag
Re: I got someone who was blind from birth to smoke DMT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [Re: Deathcore]
    #21002550 - 12/20/14 10:27 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

i applaud you!

ive wondered for a while what would happen if a blind person takes a psychedelic 

youve done a great service!

OfflineSleepAid
me gusta
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: I got someone who was blind from birth to smoke DMT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [Re: Does] * 2
    #21002554 - 12/20/14 10:28 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

this is the coolest thread I've read in a long time

--------------------
Signature this, ho

Offlinemushpunx
Fungus Punk
 User Gallery

Re: I got someone who was blind from birth to smoke DMT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [Re: SleepAid]
    #21004738 - 12/20/14 07:27 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

I would imagine being blind from birth he would have to have some mental map in his head of what's around him yea? If you ask him what a cube is perhaps he can pull up a mental image of a cubes shape from memory of touch and feel

I would think maybe someone who is blind from birth actually sees alot more in thier head than we think, definitly not darkness like someone who loses thier sight would see.
I just dont think words exist to describe it.. like if you saw a new color, not a shade of a color but a new color that didnt exist before

When you close your eyes and see blackness, if I lost my eyes would I see blackness?.. would me losing my sight feel like walking around in a dark room?

--------------------

Amateur Mycologists United
AMU Q&A

Offlinemushpunx
Fungus Punk
 User Gallery

Re: I got someone who was blind from birth to smoke DMT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [Re: SleepAid]
    #21004748 - 12/20/14 07:30 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

I would imagine being blind from birth he would have to have some mental map in his head of what's around him yea? If you ask him what a cube is perhaps he can pull up a mental image of a cubes shape from memory of touch and feel

I would think maybe someone who is blind from birth actually sees alot more in thier head than we think, definitly not darkness like someone who loses thier sight would see.
I just dont think words exist to describe it.. like if you saw a new color, not a shade of a color but a new color that didnt exist before

I bet his mental map of the world and the places he has been is amazing.

We think that someone who has no eyes is really missing out but it not be so much, we might be missing out by being able to see

--------------------

Amateur Mycologists United
AMU Q&A

InvisibleZombi3
Bella Ciao!!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Bat Country Flag
Re: I got someone who was blind from birth to smoke DMT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [Re: thatoneguy1001]
    #21004754 - 12/20/14 07:31 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

That was incredible. Thanks for sharing.

--------------------
Youve Met With A Terrible Fate, Havent You?

Click here to enter this weeks Ban Lottery!!
In Crust We Trust

Offlinebackyardmagic
Stranger

Re: I got someone who was blind from birth to smoke DMT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [Re: Zombi3]
    #21005071 - 12/20/14 08:40 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

I feel like its completely impossible for him to have any visuals outside of colors due to the fact that he's seen absolutely nothing like how can you visualise without having seen anything.. He'd have to be phychic to Invision even the simplistic of pattern.. If you ask me, anything he could've saw would probably have been unlocked data set in his survival genes.. Like cats giving birth know to lick the babies so they can breath.. There is basic genetic knowledge in all humans He could've easily tapped into imagery his past ancestors kept who knows & that's if he didn't just see blank colors fading in & out

Offlinebackyardmagic
Stranger

Re: I got someone who was blind from birth to smoke DMT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [Re: mushpunx]
    #21005105 - 12/20/14 08:46 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

mushpunx said:
We think that someone who has no eyes is really missing out but it not be so much, we might be missing out by being able to see

Ou lol that's deep ha makes u think

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next >  [ show all ]

PhytoExtractum Shop: Buy Bali Kratom Powder