Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineluzey
Stranger
 User Gallery
Which compound did i feel? * 1
    #20988907 - 12/17/14 11:18 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Hello all :smile:

I'm a newbie to DMT and related things. I recently read a lot about it and realized i have a bunch of plants growing nearby to try my luck with.
Mentally i am still preparing i guess, but almost ready for an experience.

Yesterday i made a crude "yopo". There is a shrub here which looks a lot like the plant on some images if you google for A. peregrina: some images, cause it has similar leaves and flowers but flat pods with straight edges and small seeds rather than the chunkier looking true yopo.
While the pods seemed dry the seeds were still rather fresh i think, leathery. I tried roasting them to remove the outer shell but thought this seemed silly to do since they were so small already and roasting might kill the compounds, so i opted for chopping them up with a kitchen knife. I toasted some eggshell and pulverized it and mixed them both 1:1 with a little water and let the paste sit for 9 hours. Both components remained pretty crude lol, i pretty much only wanted to test if anything could come out from this. There was no ammonia smell, it smelled more like nuts, and i honestly didn't expect any effect.

30 minutes before the first test i had a passionflower tea (5 leaves, freshly picked) with the familiar noticable effect. I really only wanted to see if the seeds had any effect at all, for all i knew that species might not even be potent.

I went for sublingual because i don't fancy pain in my lungs or nose or anywhere so much and the mixture was mild in my mouth, no acidic stinging or anything and i even  am not sure now if the eggshell had any effect at all since the ammonia smell didn't happen (noticeably) either. I used perhaps a quarter of my mix, about 6 seeds worth.

Within less than 2 minutes a heavy wave of warm energy moved through my legs up my body and my heart began racing like mad. Time was distorted, what took only 2 minutes felt like 20. It worked and i was so astounded i spit the "yopo" out . Haha lame i know. But my sitter who isn't experienced at all was worrying about me more than anything, and the racing heart did make me worried as well, so i didn't feel like risking more. And the objective was to test if it worked at all so i guess i was happy about that. I was extremely happy about that. Or because the substance made me happy?
While i felt clear in my head, i couldn't get up right away, i had to sit for a few minutes. It was not so easy to distinguish different effects from the passion flower, but this was my first dmt related experience, and retrospectively i'd say i had effects until the next day. I noticed i didn't like Bob Marley as much as i usually would which felt very odd. There was no other discomfort, zero nausea, but i'd like to mention i had generous servings of home made Marmalade with Orange rind chunks that day.

We had dinner only a few minutes later and the raw salad especially felt unusual real, eating pieces of tomato with an incredible sense of awareness ... today i met the chickens with slightly new eyes. they seemed bigger with even more powerful personalities, a presence to behold. i had no pattern visuals but an unusual crispness and contrast to everything throughout the day. i also chewed 2 more fresh seeds without MAOI just to see if even that would give an effect but i'm not sure if it freshed up the experience from the night before or worked slightly, actually i think it did since i had a little physical coordination issues like for half an hour afterwards/ heavy/insecure limbs and my heart beat (and possible heart issues or slight worries thereof) kept being a focus in my mind all day.

So, now my questions:
1. Which compound did i feel? 5 meo, bufo or...? is it possible to tell just by description?
2. About the racing heart, should i just sit it out next time i try while keeping the mixture in my mouth for longer or should i worry and perhaps take some sort of action beforehand or during the experience, if so, any suggestions?
3. If i heated the seeds more, could i possibly, with same mix and administration, get more of a dmt effect in case this was more of a 5 meo experience?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleBill_Oreilly
ANIMALS (the RAINBOW SERPENT)

Loc: Boston
Re: Which compound did i feel? [Re: luzey]
    #20989706 - 12/17/14 02:27 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Placebo

--------------------
Something there is mysteriously formed,
Existing before Heaven and Earth,
Silent, still, standing alone, unchanging,
All-pervading, unfailing,
I do not know its name; I call it tao.
If forced to give it a name, I call it
Great (ta). Being great, it flows out;
Flowing out means far-reaching;
Being far-reaching, it is said to return.

It's just a shot away..

Offlinesearching
Male User Gallery

Re: Which compound did i feel? [Re: Bill_Oreilly]
    #20990688 - 12/17/14 05:46 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Definitely placebo.

1. You aren't even sure that it is the plant you're looking for. It's probably just some random bush.
2. Even if it was the plant you're looking for, the dmt content is probably low. The higher content plants are the ones people use for extracting like Mimosa or acacia. You took 6 seeds sublingually. You probably absorbed 10% of the <1% of DMT that may have been in there.
3. Passion flower is a weak MAOI. A quick Google search tells me that it's not strong enough for ayahuasca unless you take 300-400g boiled in a tea. You took 5 leaves. :rofl:

How old are you? I just picture a couple young kids playing in the woods looking for random plants to make "ayahuasca". Grabs seeds from a random bush and sucks on them, "I think I feel something"  :rofl:

--------------------

InvisibleBill_Oreilly
ANIMALS (the RAINBOW SERPENT)

Loc: Boston
Re: Which compound did i feel? [Re: searching]
    #20990713 - 12/17/14 05:50 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

searching said:

How old are you? I just picture a couple young kids playing in the woods looking for random plants to make "ayahuasca". Grabs seeds from a random bush and sucks on them, "I think I feel something"  :rofl:

we call that the ultimate :underage:

:lol:

--------------------
Something there is mysteriously formed,
Existing before Heaven and Earth,
Silent, still, standing alone, unchanging,
All-pervading, unfailing,
I do not know its name; I call it tao.
If forced to give it a name, I call it
Great (ta). Being great, it flows out;
Flowing out means far-reaching;
Being far-reaching, it is said to return.

It's just a shot away..

InvisibleDark_Star
train driver pervading a desktop
Male User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
Re: Which compound did i feel? [Re: luzey] * 1
    #20990758 - 12/17/14 06:00 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

As the others have said, this was just placebo. Eating random plants to try to get high is a terrible idea. You can hurt yourself very badly. Try that with random mushrooms, and you may wind up dying an excruciatingly painful death. Cease & desist all such activities, and take advantage of the wealth of information contained on this site.

--------------------

Offlineluzey
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #20991403 - 12/17/14 07:54 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Eh, thanks for your replies :wink:

of you who have replied, have you had 5 meo dmt or bufotenine experiences before?
I'm almost 40 btw and around 100 lbs and climate in which plant materials were freshly obtained is tropical, i suppose it makes a difference than using long stored dry material.
Back when i was a teenager there was no internet to get information from, i had 2 books by C. Rätsch , some Castaneda and literature about shamansim and that was it. No fine scales or chemical kits either. It was normal to experiment the same way i do now and i never died though admittedly i had some unpleasant experiences on A. Muscaria and did not even try most of the other plant material i collected then, due to lack of knowledge how to prepare and administer and out of outmost respect. Today in comparison it is so easy to figure out ways that work! but it is by no means how humans have handled substances it the past millenia, you gotta admit.

Yeah, i am not blind, reading forums i do see my sort of approach is not common anymore. Keep in mind i use stuff that grows in abundance, i don't need to try extracting all i can to not be wasteful, neither should you have to, but environmental issues sure are a reality. lucky for us dmt seems abundant anyway. and from what i gather it is even safer than playing with for instance A. muscaria foolishly as i did lol.

As for placebo effect, believe what you will.
It's not the first time i try things and i am sober most of the time and live pretty "clean" in a "clean" environment, i am glad i am sensitive to substances.

Maybe i get some more helpful replies from experienced users :smile:
Eventhough i am not a crystals consuming modernist, the substances we play with are still the same. it would be sad to think i'm in the wrong forums here :wink:

@Dark_Star  well yes, i did take advantage of the wealth of information! it looks like any species of acacia or mimosa could contain dmt substances and i would have never known of how to make yopo or understand it could be used sublingually as well were it not for the internet. i find my experiement very sound and logic and safe!

@ searching , if my plant was indeed yopo or similar chances are by using fresh substance i got bufotenine or 5 meo dmt effect rather than dmt. i think 5 meo would be destroyed from cooking anahuasca for hours, rest assured i have read this much beforehand. als for bufo and 5 meo you dont really need maoi, the reason why i took some sort of maoi anyway was to increase chances to feel anything.
i shall get pics up of the plant and pods, though as said before, any acacia or mimosa is a great candidate for dmt substances, i assume you know this.

---
edit:
ok i got some pics of the plant in question. in the background are Acacia auriculiformis and A. magnium. extracting from their tree bark might be something to try in the future, but for first testings with the plants avaiable and to recieve bufotenin or 5 meo DMT effects a yopo type mix from another more suitable looking species seems a lot more obvious to try

Edited by luzey (12/17/14 10:54 PM)

OfflineAjp420
Feed me LSD please
Male User Gallery

Loc: Pennsylvania Flag
    #20992132 - 12/17/14 10:41 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

The eggshells. You definatly felt the egg shells.

--------------------
Everything I post is a fictional tale. R.I.P Lahey

OfflineLogicaL ChaosM
Ascension Energy & Alien UFOs
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The Inexpressible... Flag
    #20992397 - 12/17/14 11:41 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

According to my just-done research, they do look like the Yopo tree. I have some of these trees growing in my home state, i should have been smoking them!

according photos on wikipedia: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anadenanthera_peregrina

The yopo seed pod should look like anal beads (for lack of a better comparsion)

Yours looks like a ruler, straight and not "in-and-out" like yopo.

And the seeds should look like capital "D". What is the shape of those seeds?

--------------------
"What you must understand is that your physical dimension affects everyone in the higher dimensions as well. All things are interconnected. All things are One. Therefore, if one dimension is broken or out of balance, then all other dimensions will experience repercussions." - Pleiadian Prophecy 2020 The New Golden Age by James Carwin

PROJECT BLUE BOOK ANALYSIS! (312 pages!) | Psychedelics & UFOs | Ready to Contact UFOs? | The Source on Mushrooms:shroomeryhead:| Trippy Gematrix | Dj TeknoLogical | Fentanyl Test Kits R.I.P. Big Worm :tombstone: || The Start of the Ascension Process was 2020. Welcome to the Next Great Era of Earth 🌎🌍🌏                                                         
:sunny::bliss::mushroom2: Oregon Eclipse Festival 2017 :: Aug 19th - 21st :: Pure Paradise :mushroom2::bliss::sunny: :rainbowdrink: Very Effective LSA Extraction Tek :rainbowdrink: | 💧 Advanced Cold Water LSA Extraction Method 💧 | :cacti::bongload: Mescajuana - Mescaline with Marijuana | DMT Dab Bongs | UFO Technology! :shpongle:Shpongle:shpongle:   

Offlineluzey
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Which compound did i feel? [Re: LogicaL Chaos]
    #20992514 - 12/18/14 12:48 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

LogicaL Chaos said:
According to my just-done research, they do look like the Yopo tree. I have some of these trees growing in my home state, i should have been smoking them!

according photos on wikipedia: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anadenanthera_peregrina

The yopo seed pod should look like anal beads (for lack of a better comparsion)

Yours looks like a ruler, straight and not "in-and-out" like yopo.

And the seeds should look like capital "D". What is the shape of those seeds?

Thank you for a serious reply, finally :sun:
These seeds look somewhat like flat apple seeds, less pointy and equal in shape, but about the same size and a medium brown. i can get a pic later.

I agree, if you research a. peregrina and varieties, picture material seems pretty contradicting and i do think this is indeed another species but apparently it can be prepared somewhat like yopo which is a bonus for me since root bark extractions are more complicated or could be nausea inducing with all the tannins and what not.
iI havent tried smoking, so far sublingual with calcium hydroxide seems to work well and i have ingested up to 2 raw seeds without maoi and do think to have felt slight effect too ( 5 meo or bufo being my guess, not sure if they would burn up when rosting or smoking). The taste is mild, nutty, no bitterness.
I put some of the empty pods in the freezer for a tissue breaking effect and might try to smoke that later.

I don't think i can sleep easily until i have investigated and tested all the fabaceae in my area xD this is too exciting. Good luck trying this or similar plants in the future :smile:

---
edit:

So the seeds are pointy like appleseeds, and trying to ID the plant im fairly certain now it's a type of Desmanthus. If you are in the US there is indeed a very simliar weedy plant that is reported to contain DMT, Desmanthus illinoensis. The seedpods look different.

After taking the photos i decided to chew and swallow the smaller ones of those seeds without maoi, except a cup of cocoa earlier and again i'm having slight effects. a general sense of being slightly high like after a very little weed minus amazing thought processes, my forehead felt dense for a while. It's mostly a physical feeling of the world around me not being all that straight, like gravity distortions. i feel if i move my body in a wave like manner i feel more in control than if i don't. the floor definitely doesn't feel straight when walking. Visually it is sort of a little blurrier than before, my attention span on the house interior and computer things is definitely lowered. Occasional crispness viewing light emitting or illuminated objects.

Edited by luzey (12/18/14 08:15 AM)

OfflineHarryL
Squnä'am
Male User Gallery

Loc: Washington State
    #20993287 - 12/18/14 09:33 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Where in the world do you live ?

I strongly suggest not randomly trying various plants to see if you trip

Good way to end up dead

DMT isnt orally active without an MAOI... So am going to suggest you are having a placebo effect

Peace

--------------------
Mushroom hunting:  One bad mushroom can ruin your day! Know it or throw it.

Offlineluzey
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Which compound did i feel? [Re: HarryL]
    #20993505 - 12/18/14 10:41 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

HarryL said:
Where in the world do you live ?

I strongly suggest not randomly trying various plants to see if you trip

Good way to end up dead

DMT isnt orally active without an MAOI... So am going to suggest you are having a placebo effect

Peace

Well i am guessing i had more of a 5 meo DMT or bufotenine effect which wouldnt require a MAOI. And in my first test i did use a MAOI too and the effect was very strong for a few seconds. Remember it was a sublingual, not oral trial. I did not swallow larger amounts of these seeds at any point of testing.

I usually don't swallow when trying plants by mouth, tasting is part of IDing , common practice for hunting edible mushrooms too if you follow basic rules and are not a complete noob.
But yes, if you're insecure you shouldn't taste them :wink:

Btw i think i got this plant ID'd. Leucaena leucocephala , which is even used for human food in south east asia where i live. There are conflicting reports about Mimosine intoxication from this plant in animals and im sure going to look more into that.i'm certainly not going to eat and swallow a pound of it at any given time anyway.

About the DMT and its compounds content in different plants, i get the feeling a lot of it depends on growing conditions and harvesting times. this is true about the quality of most food and herbs.

i think i will  conduct trials with other plants soon as well.
of course perhaps i felt the intoxcating effect of other alkaloids, who knows.
was hoping for someone with bufo or 5 meo non smoked experience to compare the effects while im carefully moving on with my tests until dosing for a proper experience

OfflineLogicaL ChaosM
Ascension Energy & Alien UFOs
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The Inexpressible... Flag
    #20993556 - 12/18/14 10:53 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

if i were you, i would try to buy a book on Yopo or on psychedelic plants. "Plants of the Gods" comes to mind. Great encyclopedia of psychoactive plants and trees. But a book specifically on Yopo would help a lot.

Although these seed pods may be harmless to eat, i think you are wasting precious time just "guessing" around at what looks like a yopo tree. Do it right and buy some books with photos and learn some botany.

Offlinesearching
Male User Gallery

#20993564 - 12/18/14 10:55 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Sorry for assuming you were a young kid. I hope I didn't offend you. You have to admit we get tons of weird posts from young kids trying stupid things to get high.

I don't have any experience with 5 meo dmt or bufotenine. Sorry I can't help. I do recommend looking up what the alkaloid content of that plant material and then calculating a dose by weight.

--------------------

Offlineluzey
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Which compound did i feel? [Re: searching]
    #20993987 - 12/18/14 12:52 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

searching said:
Sorry for assuming you were a young kid. I hope I didn't offend you. You have to admit we get tons of weird posts from young kids trying stupid things to get high.

I don't have any experience with 5 meo dmt or bufotenine. Sorry I can't help. I do recommend looking up what the alkaloid content of that plant material and then calculating a dose by weight.

Well i am brand new here, i read by search function not by newest posts so far, so i haven't seen those kids on this site, but i totally get what you are saying, it is by far not the first place i've been welcomed like that or see people being welcomed in a "offensive" manner . perhaps i'm old enough or open minded enough (thanks to psychedelica? ;D) to not feel offended, so don't worry :3 i appreciate your signal of respect. if anything i feel a little lonely among kids hahaha but what do i know about everyones age here, and what does it matter.
I will admit i cherish my childlike approach on things so it is forgivable if it is percieved as childish ;p

Alkaloid contents of plantmaterial is fluctuating by a lot. There is no safety or insurance that such numbers are stable and corret, because that is not how nature works. And there aren't even numbers given for most plants reported to contain DMT. So a lot is left to figure out.
Older topics in this forum from a few years ago were well full of this exploring spirit...
I might however have to look for more specialized places today

So i'm working on sourcing suitable plants and finding routes for suitable administration. Changa or sublingual snuff can probably never be measured accurately but it seems a valid way to use which i personally prefer

i do see the value of extracting pure substance however, i want to see how far i can get without having to order stuff online and messing with chemicals that are not obtained locally

@LogicaL Chaos

The internet community seems our best source of information and place for feedback concerning dmt at this point, i doubt there are books that can teach more than what we can learn from reading the net on this topic throroughly.

Also my plant was already identified as not being yopo, and about trying snuff sublingually i can say from my first test it works, and probably even better when grinding the stuff up more thoroughly or using more suitable plant material. i don't own the encyclopedia of psychoactive plants (yet) but some older books by the same authors :laugh: however a lot of plants we are working with now, as said above, are still subject to study and not even the most renowned Ethnobotanists would be able to give definitive numbers for alkaloid contents of plants.
and uhm, i already am somewhat into botany.
im not worried about wasting time either o.o i just started researching and already found out a bunch...

Offlineqweqaz
Break-through
Male

Loc: Sweden
    #20994939 - 12/18/14 04:09 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Passionflower do have some small amounts of MAOI in it.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract