Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleStargate
Addicted To Growing

Re: Half my friends are turning into scumbag losers [Re: underfliptown]
    #20951979 - 12/09/14 10:56 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

One of my psychology books shows that money actually does make you happier.

--------------------
From before I started growing gourmet mushrooms:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblewhitelights
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Half my friends are turning into scumbag losers [Re: Stargate]
    #20952056 - 12/09/14 11:13 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

money may not make one happy. but for most of us in this society we need money to function. we need money to eat, to sleep, to drink, etc.  weather you spent it or someone else did the money is spent and your alive. 

say you want to do something, and that is what will make you happy. it costs money to do that thing. and if that's the only thing that will make you happy, and you need money to do it then you need money to be happy.

say your happy with food, water and shelter. it costs money to have food, water and shelter. so to have that you need to have money, thereby making the money make you happy.

unless your extremely resourceful and can truly live off of the land 100% then you need money to survive in this world. 

ive been trying all my life to figure out a way to figure out how to live 100% off the land and have yet to figure it out. I think less people o the earth may help.

--------------------
its that bitter-sweet-sour, electric-smooth-twang. everything you ever have, are. or will feel along with every emotion, joy, hate, love, fear or aspiration burning down your nerves and into the fabric of your place in this existence at ten thousand degrees above and below zero will you find yourself wondering if you've been dead or alive this whole time. being born over and over only to die over and over hoping the wheel stops in the same place it started when you spun it, and when it finally does and you can step back and take a nice deep breath you realize how beautiful life is, remember, wake up to the most beautiful day of your life every single day, its just the way.

OfflineBassfreak
ManBearPig
Male User Gallery

Re: Half my friends are turning into scumbag losers [Re: whitelights]
    #20952076 - 12/09/14 11:17 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Zombi3 said:
You both pretty much summed up all my old friends.

Its sad, I dont go back to my hometown very often because its depressing. I see the same kids working the same jobs they had in high school close to 5 years ago and living with their parents just going to the one bar in town to get shittered and then do blow all night and play shitty video games or watch shitty cartoons.

Its lame.

i still live in my hometown but i never hang out with any of my old friends really other than like 3-4. everyone just wants to go to the local pub. like what a fuckin waste of money. they all must think i dont really like t

most of the people i chill with these days are people ive met at shows/festivals

--------------------
Tom Brady is a God

Free Tom Brady

Offlineunderfliptown
I suck and you should kill me

Re: Half my friends are turning into scumbag losers [Re: Bassfreak] * 2
    #20952092 - 12/09/14 11:20 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

lol i managed to get bassfreak to ignore me. hahhaha thats aweosme!

Offlineakira_akuma
Φύσις κρύπτεσθαι ὕψιστος φιλεῖ

Loc: Onypeirophóros
Re: Half my friends are turning into scumbag losers [Re: nicechrisman]
    #20952149 - 12/09/14 11:33 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

nicechrisman said:
In many cultures throughout the world people live with their parents until they get married. In some cultures, they even continue to after marriage. Extended families seem to be taboo in our culture of rugged individualism.

yeah, it's stupid as fuck. no inherent rationale for the concept, whatsoever.

InvisibleButtsnot
Stranger

Re: Half my friends are turning into scumbag losers [Re: Sheekle]
    #20952173 - 12/09/14 11:39 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

The friends that turned into scumbag losers got that way thanks to their drug/alcohol addictions. It's sad, really, i wish them the best.:shrug:

--------------------

Invisiblewhitelights
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Half my friends are turning into scumbag losers [Re: Buttsnot]
    #20952231 - 12/09/14 11:53 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

I have a reall poor friend who lives with their father and is a week older than I, hes 20 and still in high school for half a year. has never had a job. no car, liesence nothing.

im not saying hes a scumbag but fits the shoes and its not his fault. his father had him when he was 20 and started doing manual labor to support him and is still doing that now.
no clue what this kid is going to do. he wont even get off his couch to apply for jobs not even a mile down the road. if I try and talk to him about it he just flips out and says I cant say shit cause I eat lsd all the time.

example. most would consider him a scumbag.

--------------------
its that bitter-sweet-sour, electric-smooth-twang. everything you ever have, are. or will feel along with every emotion, joy, hate, love, fear or aspiration burning down your nerves and into the fabric of your place in this existence at ten thousand degrees above and below zero will you find yourself wondering if you've been dead or alive this whole time. being born over and over only to die over and over hoping the wheel stops in the same place it started when you spun it, and when it finally does and you can step back and take a nice deep breath you realize how beautiful life is, remember, wake up to the most beautiful day of your life every single day, its just the way.

Offlineakira_akuma

#20952277 - 12/09/14 12:05 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

most of the world considers America an empty vassal. doesn't make it true, however.

Invisiblenice1returns
I am the Holy Shit
 User Gallery

Loc: miwuaki Flag
Re: Half my friends are turning into scumbag losers [Re: underfliptown] * 1
    #20952282 - 12/09/14 12:06 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

underfliptown said:
Goal one in life should be to make as much money as possible. Then you're free to do whatever you want. Also you have more energy as a youngin, makes the money making easier. People who say you don't need money to be happy obviously aren't poor.

WOW,
No goal one should be to be as good to others as you would like them to be to you.

To waste time making money?  Waste your life chasing a carrot like a donkey while some banker rides you?  GTFO

Invisiblenice1returns
I am the Holy Shit
 User Gallery

Re: Half my friends are turning into scumbag losers [Re: Stargate] * 1
    #20952291 - 12/09/14 12:08 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Equality makes people happier my friend,

Love, community, basic human needs not money

Invisiblenice1returns
I am the Holy Shit
 User Gallery

Re: Half my friends are turning into scumbag losers [Re: nice1returns] * 1
    #20952303 - 12/09/14 12:11 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Im disgusted by this.  That people are so duped by the illusion they actually believe they value their lifes by pieces of paper,
thats the most pathetic thing I ever read.  Bitch of the system.

You may as well of said goal 1 is to be a Barbie doll.

Offlineunderfliptown

Re: Half my friends are turning into scumbag losers [Re: nice1returns]
    #20952318 - 12/09/14 12:14 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

nice1returns said:
Quote:

underfliptown said:
Goal one in life should be to make as much money as possible. Then you're free to do whatever you want. Also you have more energy as a youngin, makes the money making easier. People who say you don't need money to be happy obviously aren't poor.

WOW,
No goal one should be to be as good to others as you would like them to be to you.

To waste time making money?  Waste your life chasing a carrot like a donkey while some banker rides you?  GTFO

I bet you have rich parents.

Invisiblenice1returns
I am the Holy Shit
 User Gallery

#20952322 - 12/09/14 12:15 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Nope,
My parents were poor and selfish,

I made my own fortune and realised it was B.S

Its greed, never enough.  A total lie.

Offlineunderfliptown

Re: Half my friends are turning into scumbag losers [Re: nice1returns]
    #20952327 - 12/09/14 12:16 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

I just need enough to do what I want without working. That's all I'll ever need. Greed won't happen to me, because money is just a means to and end for me.

Offlineakira_akuma

#20952366 - 12/09/14 12:27 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Goal one in life should be to make as much money as possible

^ this says otherwise, but nice backtracking.

Offlineunderfliptown

Re: Half my friends are turning into scumbag losers [Re: akira_akuma]
    #20952372 - 12/09/14 12:29 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Yeah I guess I worded that wrong. I didn't really think that through.

InvisibleThe Doobie Dude

#20952386 - 12/09/14 12:32 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

whitelights said:
ecstasy they think is real

Remember those E pills your boy gave me that tested out to be MDPV, yeah so does Sheekle.

--------------------

"There are a million reasons to drink and one just popped into my head.  If a man can't drink when he's living how the Hell can he drink when he's dead?" - Irish Limerick
I PLURed once because it was PLUR or die. - D.M.T.

InvisibleLySergic D
Drink all day and rock all night
Male User Gallery

Re: Half my friends are turning into scumbag losers [Re: The Doobie Dude]
    #20952403 - 12/09/14 12:35 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Ouch^^

--------------------

Broken heart don't feel so bad
You ain't got half of what you thought you had
Rock you baby to and fro
Not too fast and not too slow

Invisiblewhitelights
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Half my friends are turning into scumbag losers [Re: The Doobie Dude]
    #20952459 - 12/09/14 12:47 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

yeah you were there, sheekle may or may not have been there for this interaction, but you and your girl were most deffinatley there. I said I could get some rolls some I knew were good and some I dint know about. could only get the ones I dint know about, told you and your girl I didn't know what they were. so we went back to my campsite with someone who had a test kit, me and two of my friends along with you and your girl were present and watching while the pills were being tested. we all came to the conclusion they were not mdma, but were and mdxx chem.

you looked right at me and said well, I still want a few. ill just bring them home and sell them as mdxx pills cause we don't know what md chem it is. so yes I sold you rolls that had possibly no mdma in them, you also bought them knowing they were some random ass mdxx chem.

you were there, your girl was there. we were sitting under the ez up between my tent and my buddys van on his couch up and to the right of the concert field if you were looking away from the stage.

--------------------

Offlinesearching
Male User Gallery

Re: Half my friends are turning into scumbag losers [Re: LySergic D]
    #20952476 - 12/09/14 12:50 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Most of the people who were doing drugs in high school have quit and got married and have kids...  But they still work at jiffy lube or wal mart.

I never did drugs in high school besides some alcohol. Now I smoke weed every day and trip and take mdma, but am not married and have no kids....  But I have a successful career and zero debt so I think I'm doing good and don't really envy the people who are parents now.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds