Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisiblePeace of Mind 1
Incel Basement Dweller
Male User Gallery

Re: What are you having for dinner? [Re: sun_spots]
    #20934486 - 12/05/14 07:06 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

sun_spots said:
I like the spicy and non-spicy varieties of Thai food.  If you go to a good place, you'll get the best tofu of your life.  You know, if you're into that kind of thing.

I only tried tofu once and I remember liking it, but it was so long ago that I can't really remember what it tastes like. I'm not picky though, I'll try just about anything. I've heard tofu is hit or miss, like it can be really good or just downright awful.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinesun_spots
Good boob day
 User Gallery

Loc: Nirvana
Re: What are you having for dinner? [Re: Peace of Mind 1]
    #20934491 - 12/05/14 07:07 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Dude, same here with the fast eating thing.  It was just me and my mom and brother, but my brother ate like a friggin' horse.  I learned to eat fast as a self-preservation technique.  Even when I make a conscious effort to slow down and chew extra thoroughly, I still finish my meal before the rest of my family.  It's kind of annoying, but OTOH it comes in handy with a little one in the house.

--------------------
ShiVersblood said:
shut ur fucking mouth. before a penis is are be enters

LordSenate said:
Cheese poop... Who gives a fuck gotta eat lots of cheese.

Offlineuglyman
sober
 User Gallery

#20934500 - 12/05/14 07:09 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

I'm havin brandy for dinner.

InvisiblePeace of Mind 1
Incel Basement Dweller
Male User Gallery

#20934515 - 12/05/14 07:14 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

sun_spots said:
Dude, same here with the fast eating thing.  It was just me and my mom and brother, but my brother ate like a friggin' horse.  I learned to eat fast as a self-preservation technique.  Even when I make a conscious effort to slow down and chew extra thoroughly, I still finish my meal before the rest of my family.  It's kind of annoying, but OTOH it comes in handy with a little one in the house.

I was gonna ask, how is the little one doing? Hopefully well. :thumbup:

It's funny too, because when I try to eat slow I just simply don't enjoy the food. People will make comments like "How do you taste it when you inhale it so fast?", and for some reason I feel food tastes better when you just dive in. It's not something I'll even realize I'm doing until I'm washing my dish while people have barely finished their side dish. I can't stop it, there's no fighting it. :shrug:

InvisibleButtsnot
Stranger

#20934518 - 12/05/14 07:14 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Thai green curry is fucking amazing, i like it slightly better than pho, but pho is it's own thing and it's an amazing dish as well.

The sweetness from the coconut milk mixed with some spiciness makes a really unique flavor.

--------------------

OfflineCrystal G
I'm a teapot

Loc: outer space
    #20934551 - 12/05/14 07:22 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

peace of mind 1 said:
I'm dying to try Thai food, it has a reputation to be spicy, correct? At least that's what I've heard and I love spicy food. I was going to go with my girl one night but we looked inside and the place was PACKED, so we said fuck no. Someday we will try it though, it's been bothering me for a while.

They use a lot of spiCES, but not all of their food is necessarily spiCEY.

If you like spicy food and order a spicy dish however, I recommend ordering at least a 7 or an 8 on the scale of spiciness before trying out a level 10 spice.

Because frankly, I'm not sure yet if you actually truly like spicy foods, or if you eat "white guy" spicy. You all know what I'm talking about. :awesome:

Only a few white people I know can actually handle a 10. And normally these guys complain that when they order a 10, it's not spicy enough, it's made as "white guy spicy" because Indian and Asian places automatically assume they can't handle a real 10. :lol:

With that said, if you go, get their kae pee mao (spicy noodles with your choice of chicken, beef, tofu, or pork, my recommendation is usually pork), or get their green curry and choose a level of spicy from 1-10.

I always crave the pad-see-ew with pork a few days before I get my period. I can always tell how close my period is based on far I will drive to get a good plate of pad-see-ew. :lol: That one's not spicy though, it's sweet.

InvisiblePeace of Mind 1
Incel Basement Dweller
Male User Gallery

Re: What are you having for dinner? [Re: Crystal G]
    #20934574 - 12/05/14 07:25 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

I will admit with no shame that I don't have a real understanding of spiciness. I doubt I've gone too high on the Scoville scale, I definitely want to try something extremely spicy but watch me be one of the people who wind up in the emergency room. :lol:

Thanks for the recommendation because I have ABSOLUTELY no clue what any of the dishes are nor what I'd order. :thumbup:

Also, thanks for making fun of my whiteness. :snub:

I'm only kidding. :super:

InvisibleConfucian
 User Gallery

Loc: USA Flag
Re: What are you having for dinner? [Re: uglyman] * 3
    #20934598 - 12/05/14 07:30 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Shrimp and pasta with mixed vegetables.

OfflineCj-B
All the same...I saw it first.
Male

Loc: The Library of Babel
    #20934608 - 12/05/14 07:34 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Hehe. I'm one of those white people that can handle a 10. I fucking love spicy food. Thing is when you get to that level of spiciness it really isn't worth it :imo: A 7/8 is pretty much my sweet spot. Pretty firey, but still plenty of flavor from the food itself.

--------------------
"I have no way of knowing whether you, who eventually will read this record, like stories or not. If you do not, no doubt you have turned these pages without attention. I confess that I love them. Indeed, it often seems to me that of all the good things in the world, the only ones humanity can claim for itself are stories and music; the rest, mercy, beauty, sleep, clean water and hot food (as the Ascian would have said) are all the work of the Increate. Thus, stories are small things indeed in the scheme of the universe, but it is hard not to love best what is our own—hard for me, at least."

OfflineShroomslip
Architekt
I'm a teapot User Gallery

#20934614 - 12/05/14 07:34 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

I'm not sure if I could handle a 10, not even sure where on a scale a jalapeno or something like that would be on that scale (I'm guessing really low and I could eat those things like a celery stalk) but I love spicy food and not 'white guy' spicy. I'm not even sure why I do, I guess the endorphins, but I love the feel of searing pain on my tongue.

I'm just curious, where does a raw habanero rank on your scale?

--------------------
With my face against the floor I can’t see who knocked me out of the way.
I don’t want to get back up but I have to so it might as well be today.
Nothing appeals to me no one feels like me, I’m too busy being calm to disappear.
I’m in no shape to be alone contrary to the shit that you might hear.

You can't wake up, this is not a dream. You're part of a machine, you are not a human being
With your face all made up, living on a screen. Low on self esteem, so you run on gasoline

Offlinesun_spots
Good boob day
 User Gallery

#20934615 - 12/05/14 07:35 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

"White guy spicy", LOL.  It's true, though, people of any ethnicity other than Caucasian will automatically assume you're a spice pussy if you have light skin.  Mexicans do the same thing. 

P.S. The baby burrito's doing very well.  Getting nice and fat, and more alert and vocal every day.  He's started making cooing noises and stuff.  It's pretty darn adorable.

--------------------
ShiVersblood said:

LordSenate said:

OfflineTurkeyTom
Trippy
Male

#20934620 - 12/05/14 07:35 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Cough syrup

OfflineNotTheDevil
Transhuman

Loc: US Flag
Re: What are you having for dinner? [Re: TurkeyTom]
    #20934625 - 12/05/14 07:37 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

I will be having ramen with a bunch of kale in it.

Invisiblelarry.fisherman
shoulda died already
I'm a teapot

Re: What are you having for dinner? [Re: NotTheDevil] * 1
    #20934635 - 12/05/14 07:38 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Kale is for hippies.

OfflineCrystal G
I'm a teapot

Loc: outer space
    #20934644 - 12/05/14 07:39 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

peace of mind 1 said:
I will admit with no shame that I don't have a real understanding of spiciness. I doubt I've gone too high on the Scoville scale, I definitely want to try something extremely spicy but watch me be one of the people who wind up in the emergency room. :lol:

Thanks for the recommendation because I have ABSOLUTELY no clue what any of the dishes are nor what I'd order. :thumbup:

Also, thanks for making fun of my whiteness. :snub:

I'm only kidding. :super:

Yeah, I just wanted to warn you, because white American, Canadian, and European version of "spicy" is nowhere near the scale of Asian or Indian or Mexican levels of "spicy." A lot of my white friends think kim-chi is spicy, aight? :lol:

Even I don't ever order a level 10 at Asian or Indian restaurants, even though I grew up eating spicy foods all my life, because I KNOW that if I order a level 10 it will be a more painful experience with lots of tears, nose-drip, and sweat streaming down my face.

I usually order a 7 or an 8 if I'm really craving something spicy, and that'll be good enough. Frankly, if food is way too over spicy, it actually kills the flavor and you can't really taste the other spices they use. And there's many amazing complexity of flavors and spices you can't find that they use in Thai food.

I thought about making their green curry from scratch, and a lot of it uses herbs that simply don't exist in American supermarkets.

So, if you like spicy, I recommend the pad-kee-mao, and their green curry. You can choose the levels of spiciness on those two dishes.

And the good thing about Thai food is, if you don't think your food is spicy enough, you can request a spice rack from your server, and your server will give you a tray with 4 different Thai spices, all ranging from mild to very spicy, that you can add to your dish. (see below)

Therefore, you always want to order on the lower spectrum of spiciness when you first start out. Start out with like a 5 or something first, so that you can truly taste what Thai food is like. If it's not up to your spiciness tastes, request the spice rack, and then order a 7 or an 8 next time.

OfflineNotTheDevil
Transhuman

Loc: US Flag
Re: What are you having for dinner? [Re: larry.fisherman]
    #20934646 - 12/05/14 07:39 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

XLCaps said:
Kale is for hippies.

I haven't had short hair since I was 9.

InvisibleTonydanzawillpay
compared to what

#20934648 - 12/05/14 07:40 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Black burrito babies

--------------------
Eat everyday

Offlinesun_spots
Good boob day
 User Gallery

Re: What are you having for dinner? [Re: TurkeyTom]
    #20934651 - 12/05/14 07:40 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

TurkeyTom said:
Cough syrup

--------------------
ShiVersblood said:

LordSenate said:

OfflineCj-B
All the same...I saw it first.
Male

Loc: The Library of Babel
Re: What are you having for dinner? [Re: sun_spots] * 1
    #20934661 - 12/05/14 07:42 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

sun_spots said:
"White guy spicy", LOL.  It's true, though, people of any ethnicity other than Caucasian will automatically assume you're a spice pussy if you have light skin.  Mexicans do the same thing. 

P.S. The baby burrito's doing very well.  Getting nice and fat, and more alert and vocal every day.  He's started making cooing noises and stuff.  It's pretty darn adorable.

:lol: Used to work for a pizza place where all the cooking staff and cleaners were Mexican and the bastards all loved me cuz I was the only gringo there that could tolerate the home-cooked food they'd always bring in. Some of the other white people there couldn't get through half a plate because they felt like so, :onfire:. I'd usually wind up downing a couple plates whenever they brought some in....that job taught me an essential life lesson. If you compliment a Mexican's cooking, they'll love you forever.

--------------------
"I have no way of knowing whether you, who eventually will read this record, like stories or not. If you do not, no doubt you have turned these pages without attention. I confess that I love them. Indeed, it often seems to me that of all the good things in the world, the only ones humanity can claim for itself are stories and music; the rest, mercy, beauty, sleep, clean water and hot food (as the Ascian would have said) are all the work of the Increate. Thus, stories are small things indeed in the scheme of the universe, but it is hard not to love best what is our own—hard for me, at least."

InvisibleBurke Dennings
baby merchant

#20934663 - 12/05/14 07:42 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Crystal G said:
Quote:

Burke Dennings said:
Heh, the baby isn't even a month old yet, I won't be able to get down there for another month or so. Stay in touch though. Welcome to PA!

Don't even lie you motherfucker. You won't be able to sleep for 6 months, let alone see any of your friends. :lol:

LOL, yeah. I haven't even had friends from town over. There is absolutely no way to plan what we're gonna be doing even an hour from now. All I do is sit in the same room and post. :frown:

We'll get a chance to party though, promise.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder