Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
InvisiblePsiloKitten
Ganja Goddess

Re: Senator Harry Reid filibuster on CSPAN [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #2093200 - 11/11/03 03:57 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

I looked at the figures and Ive already researched this shit prior, in excrutiating detail. I have a folder with over 200 links to various information on this. I always let you people bait me in to wasting 2 hours on a post when proving you incorrect doesnt do any good... then personal attacks just result.

I dont just look at one article when I want to find out more on a subject, I make a conscious effort to educate myself thoroughly. Ill let the people that want to do that, do it for themselves.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblePsiloKitten
Ganja Goddess

Re: Senator Harry Reid filibuster on CSPAN [Re: Evolving]
    #2093208 - 11/11/03 03:58 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

This is a ridiculous post.

Most people understand that there are various organizations that form to speak for populaces, or atleast try to give them some representation in government.

:shake:

--------------------

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
Re: Senator Harry Reid filibuster on CSPAN [Re: PsiloKitten]
    #2093281 - 11/11/03 04:12 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

A simple "I don't want to because I believe I'm right" would have sufficed.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

InvisibleEvolving
Resident Cynic

Loc: Apt #6, The Village
Re: Senator Harry Reid filibuster on CSPAN [Re: afoaf]
    #2099091 - 11/12/03 09:17 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

afoaf said:
I'm sure every bigot has some sound reasoning
to back up his hatred for minorities...

Why is it that non-leftist who disagree with leftists ON PRINCIPLES are automatically assumed to be racists or bigots by leftists?

Quote:

I wonder if you'd use that same language around
your african american friends...that is, if you have
any.

I actually picked up that language from an African American writer.

Quote:

how about you back up your *women, blacks
and lawyers DO support her* claim by citing
some groups that have pledged support for her

Well since I am not one to rely on group think, I will give you a few examples from individuals as well as groups...

First, here is a quote from an African American, female lawyer who supports Justice Brown;
"Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates, and our ability to control our destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege, war in the streets, unapologetic expropriation of property, the precipitous decline of the rule of law, the rapid rise of corruption, the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit..."
- Janice Rogers Brown, California Supreme Court Justice

Makes ya' wonder why the left despises her so much, too much of an independant thinker perhaps?

Some women's commentaries,

Borking Janice Brown, by Susanna Dokupil

Justice for Justice Brown by Debra Saunders

Post by Justene Adamec

A Judicial Candidate Feminists Should Support by Tammy Ku

No surprise from this woman.

Lawyers;

From a woman attorney - Marni Soupcoff,
Brown is Worth Fighting For

Liberal law professors such as Gerald Uelman of Santa Clara University and Stephen Barnett of UC Berkeley's Boalt Hall School of Law endorse her confirmation.

The Institute for Justice, a public interest law firm supports her.

"We know Justice Brown to be a person of high intelligence, unquestioned integrity, and even-handedness. Since we are of differing political beliefs and perspectives, Democratic, Republican and Independent, we wish especially to emphasize what we believe is Justice Brown's strongest credential for appointment to this important seat on the D.C. Circuit: her open-minded and thorough appraisal of legal argumentation- even when her personal views may conflict with those arguments."
- Letter From Bi-Partisan Group Of 15 California Law Professors To Orrin G. Hatch, 10/15/03

"Much has been written about Justice Brown's humble beginnings, and the story of her rise to the California Supreme Court is truly compelling. But that alone would not be enough to gain our endorsement for a seat on the federal bench. We believe that Justice Brown is qualified because she is a superb judge. We who have worked with her on a daily basis know her to be an extremely intelligent, keenly analytical, and very hard working. We know that she is a jurist who applies the law without favor, without bias, and with an even hand."
- Letter From A Bi-Partisan Group Of 12 Of Justice Brown's Current And Former Judicial Colleagues [Including All Of Her Former Colleagues On The Court Of Appeal, Third Appellate District And Four Current Members Of The California Supreme Court] To Orrin G. Hatch, 10/16/03

Here's a public endorsement which appeared in The Sacramento Bee by Vance Raye, an associate justice on California's 3rd District Court of Appeal.

A commentary by someone who was a member of the California State Bar, Steven Laib - Approve Janice Brown for the Federal Appeals Court

... and a few comments from some African Americans;

Horace Cooper, a senior fellow with the Centre for New Black Leadership has this to say.

Thomas Sowell supports her in a three part commentary "A Lynch Mob Gathers Around Justice Janice Rogers Brown,"
part one
part two
part three

Here's something from an African American organization

--------------------
To call humans 'rational beings' does injustice to the term, 'rational.'  Humans are capable of rational thought, but it is not their essence.  Humans are animals, beasts with complex brains.  Humans, more often than not, utilize their cerebrum to rationalize what their primal instincts, their preconceived notions, and their emotional desires have presented as goals - humans are rationalizing beings.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds