Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinelucid
Jack's AlteredConsciousness

Loc: up on the bidet
Fearing Fear itself...
    #2092258 - 11/11/03 11:55 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Quite the terrifying cycle...
Fearing fear,
Anxious of the feeling of anxiety,
Depressed by depression, etc.
Any studies done on this ?
as opposed to specific phobias or
Depression...

--------------------
"no-mind un-thinks no-thought..."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDavid_Scape
Anti Genius
Male

Loc: U.S. of muthafuckin A.
Re: Fearing Fear itself... [Re: lucid]
    #2092561 - 11/11/03 01:09 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

well, I know that fearing certain places or people because one is afraid of getting panic attacks is common among those with anxiety problems.

I myself have a problem with fearing fear when i try to o.b.e. , it's really feels like a fear that is impossible to overcome, because it feels like it is something being done TO ME, not something im causing.
Reasoning doesnt seem to repress it.

--------------------
focusing
Flow
The Enneagram

Offlinelucid

Re: Fearing Fear itself... [Re: David_Scape]
    #2092739 - 11/11/03 01:45 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

David_Scape said:
well, I know that fearing certain places or people because one is afraid of getting panic attacks is common among those with anxiety problems.

I myself have a problem with fearing fear when i try to o.b.e. , it's really feels like a fear that is impossible to overcome, because it feels like it is something being done TO ME, not something im causing.
Reasoning doesnt seem to repress it. 

I feel the exact same way while meditating :frown:
and worse yet it happens randomly too...
I wish I could overcome this...

--------------------

Offlinequemo
dontknowitall

Loc: worldcitizen
    #2092827 - 11/11/03 02:05 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

be careful, these are first signs of a very real 'anxiety disorder'. I've been suffering from one one year know, where i had the same symptoms and smoking a joint one night triggered the whole thing and it exploded into a full disorder. My study and life is down the drain for a year now, random anxiety attacks i get from possibly almost anything, and it's gonna take me at least another long and hard year to recover from it. Better safe then sorry i hope for you: bring balance, rythm and soberness into your life (really cut on drugs as much as possible for the time being) and take plenty and plenty of rest. Anything stressfull can trigger it some point, be it a joint, a sudden task, a death of a beloved one. Fear of fear to conclude though, is something very familiar to this problem. In the end it will even become fear of fear of fear, and it is even called this way in psychological terminology. Peace

Edited by quemo (11/11/03 02:06 PM)

Offlinequemo
dontknowitall

Re: Fearing Fear itself... [Re: quemo]
    #2092845 - 11/11/03 02:08 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

O and i know how the fear doesn't really feel to 'belong' to you, but i can assure you it does. It's just not the direct product of your thoughts, but the product of your balance (in any way you put it) in total

Offlinemonoamine
umask 077(nonefor you)

Loc: Jacksonville,FL
    #2092861 - 11/11/03 02:13 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

That's how I am. I have a siezure disorder that sometimes causes me bad anxiety and panic attacks. Lately I rarely leave the house because I fear having a panic attack. That's what most people with agoraphobia are like. Most don't actually fear public places,that just have a fear of losing control in them. It's like a fear of fear.

--------------------
People think that if you just say the word "hallucinations" it explains everything you want it to explain and eventually whatever it is you can't explain will just go away.It's just a word,it doesn't explain anything...
Douglas Adams

Offlinelucid

#2092912 - 11/11/03 02:27 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

quemo said:
be careful, these are first signs of a very real 'anxiety disorder'. I've been suffering from one one year know, where i had the same symptoms and smoking a joint one night triggered the whole thing and it exploded into a full disorder. My study and life is down the drain for a year now, random anxiety attacks i get from possibly almost anything, and it's gonna take me at least another long and hard year to recover from it. Better safe then sorry i hope for you: bring balance, rythm and soberness into your life (really cut on drugs as much as possible for the time being) and take plenty and plenty of rest. Anything stressfull can trigger it some point, be it a joint, a sudden task, a death of a beloved one. Fear of fear to conclude though, is something very familiar to this problem. In the end it will even become fear of fear of fear, and it is even called this way in psychological terminology. Peace

Yea, actually I'm in the same boat, mine was spawned by a shroom
trip...
I wish I knew "the cure"...

--------------------

OfflineNiamhNyx
I'm NOT a 'he'
Female User Gallery

#2093078 - 11/11/03 03:27 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

I used to have what I suppose is best described as an anxiety disorder, I never realized what it was at the time, just that I had spontaneous recurring panic attacks that were like bad trips except not induced by drugs. I began to fear the attacks themselves, to fear fear shall we say. Not pleasant.

I don't have this problem anymore, thank goodness. I've become more balanced, calm and in control of myself emotionally and spiritually. It's *not* an easy thing to get a handle on. To calm myself after one of my attacks would take every ounce of strength I had and it wouldn't always work. I'd have to seek out a person I felt safe with and talk to them, not necessarily about the attack, but that helped too. I had to distance myself from it, and stop being alone. If I was alone after the panic occured it would take longer to see light again. I'd curl into the fetal position and remain in fear, or feel sick to my stomache and puke.

Another good thing is that they almost never occured in social situations, usually just in the space between awake and dreaming. Only when I let my mind wander towards it. I could stop it from fully happening, but once I got on that track it was hard to pull off it. Sometimes I wanted to go in to see if I could get some control over it, but I never could once it peaked.

I'm just so grateful that I've found balance and control over my mental state of being.

Offlinelucid

Re: Fearing Fear itself... [Re: NiamhNyx]
    #2093084 - 11/11/03 03:29 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

NiamhNyx said:
I used to have what I suppose is best described as an anxiety disorder, I never realized what it was at the time, just that I had spontaneous recurring panic attacks that were like bad trips except not induced by drugs. I began to fear the attacks themselves, to fear fear shall we say. Not pleasant.

I don't have this problem anymore, thank goodness. I've become more balanced, calm and in control of myself emotionally and spiritually. It's *not* an easy thing to get a handle on. To calm myself after one of my attacks would take every ounce of strength I had and it wouldn't always work. I'd have to seek out a person I felt safe with and talk to them, not necessarily about the attack, but that helped too. I had to distance myself from it, and stop being alone. If I was alone after the panic occured it would take longer to see light again. I'd curl into the fetal position and remain in fear, or feel sick to my stomache and puke.

Another good thing is that they almost never occured in social situations, usually just in the space between awake and dreaming. Only when I let my mind wander towards it. I could stop it from fully happening, but once I got on that track it was hard to pull off it. Sometimes I wanted to go in to see if I could get some control over it, but I never could once it peaked.

I'm just so grateful that I've found balance and control over my mental state of being. 

Howdja do it wild vancouver child ?  :laugh:

--------------------

OfflineNiamhNyx
I'm NOT a 'he'
Female User Gallery

#2093139 - 11/11/03 03:43 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

How did I get over them?

Well, first of all I started taking care of my physical health, not overexerting myself like I had been doing at the time I was having the attacks. I stopped demanding that every tiny action reflect my highest philosophical ideals... I changed some of those ideals that were unfair and unrealistic.

Basically, it was a major struggle between the part of me that wanted to feel fear and guilt, and the part of me that wouldn't stand for it. The major thing though was taking better care of myself.... something i slip on all the time, but not to the extent or length of time I was doing it before. It was about learning my own warning signs and taking a step back from stressors before they become overwhelming.

Offlinelucid

Re: Fearing Fear itself... [Re: NiamhNyx]
    #2093184 - 11/11/03 03:54 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

:thumbup: 

--------------------

Offlinequemo
dontknowitall

#2093386 - 11/11/03 04:40 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

NiamhNyx, a very important question for me, since i'm on my way back but far from recovered yet, and surely not in knowledge of what lies ahead: Are you currently in a situation where you have accepted the problem but have learnt how to deal with it and primarily how to avoid it? Or have you really gotten 'out' of it? The thing that bothers me the most is that this problem 'imprisones' me. It limits my possibilities tremendously, and the thing that keeps me putting my back straight in the morning and looking forward is the idea of being 'free' one day again. Not constantly thinking about how situations conflict and thus agress this problem. thnx in advance

OfflineNiamhNyx
I'm NOT a 'he'
Female User Gallery

#2097874 - 11/12/03 03:44 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

I'm out, it only ever comes to mind now when I'm looking back curiously, wondering how that ever got started. It may help if you remind yourself constantly that you don't have to submit to it, and seek out things that make you happy and focus on those. When you start feeling an attack coming on think "I don't have to go there" and find distraction. Breathe, meditate, hug someone you care about. Make yourself focus on what's positive. It's really not easy, but it worked for me at least. Know that you are strong enough to gain some control over this. Panic Attacks aren't any fun, and perpetual anxiety has a way of really making life hard.

I suppose the main idea is to relearn how to take it easy, how to just take life as it comes and not obsess over the little things that go wrong. I caught myself freaking out needlessly just yesterday (not to panic attack proportions or anything, but still) then I talked to my dad and he reminded me to take a step back, put it in perspective, get all the facts and just do my best to right the situation, but not worry about the outcome until there actually is an outcome.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag