Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Coir, Hygrometer, Peat, Perlite, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinehexagram21
beginner needs a little help
    #2092972 - 11/11/03 04:51 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

I just bought six jars of pre mixed and sterilized substrate and a b+ syringe. About how long will it take for cakes in jars to be put in terrarium and whats the best way i should go about this. The site I bought from sold a etrrarium but it was just a clear rubbermaid bin and it was 30 bucks so i said fuck it i also have perlite, but what else could or should i add to ensure a yield thanks

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleTremor1127
Mental Member
Male

Loc: In a Van Down By the Rive...
Post deleted by Administrator [Re: hexagram21]
    #2093000 - 11/11/03 05:00 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Invisiblemycofile
Pooh-Bah
 User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
Trusted Cultivator
Re: beginner needs a little help [Re: Tremor1127]
    #2093027 - 11/11/03 05:12 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

No need for the hygrometer if you use perlite though :wink: or well not as much of one.

Most people are probably seeing more like 20 days from innoculation to birthing, depending on ambient temps and the amount of innoculant used.

You really don't need anything else to get a crop.  Just birth them into the terrerium, don't set them directly on the wet perlite (use a square of foil or a jar lid to set them on), and give them light and fresh air.

Of course there is a lot more you can do, but that's all that is needed.  I would recomend the double end casing as a good way to increase yield with very little to no risk.

--------------------
"From a certain point of view"
-Jedi Master Obi Wan Kenobi

PM me with any cultivation questions.

I just looked at my profile and realized I had a website at one point in time on geocities, it's not there anymore and I have no idea what I had on it. Anybody remember my website from several years aga? PM if so please.

Offlinehexagram21
Re: beginner needs a little help [Re: mycofile]
    #2093283 - 11/11/03 06:12 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Thanx a lot I really appreciate it what type of light shoudl i use and is fanning good enough for air supply also i am unfamiliat with what casing is can you give me some more help with that

Invisiblemycofile
Pooh-Bah
 User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
Trusted Cultivator
Re: beginner needs a little help [Re: hexagram21]
    #2096871 - 11/12/03 01:17 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Any kind of light. Normal room light, diffuse sunlight, flourescent, incandesscent, whatever. The more bright and direct the light, the straighter the shrooms grow, to a certain extent. I always thought a cool white flouro within a few feet of the terrerium top worked as well as anything.

A casing is a non-nutritious moist covering that supplies the fungus with a moisture resevoir while providing a micro-climate suitable for fruitbody formation and sometimes adding the benefit of beneficial microorganisms which aid the fungus. Components can be vermiculite, coco coir, peat, even soil (bad idea though).

Look through the faq in the casing section here:
http://www.shroomery.org/index/par/3288

For you though, I wouldn't recomend anything other than the double ended casing tek as others tend to be more problematic, especially for beginners. it's here:
http://www.shroomery.org/index/par/23593/pag/9

--------------------
"From a certain point of view"
-Jedi Master Obi Wan Kenobi

PM me with any cultivation questions.

I just looked at my profile and realized I had a website at one point in time on geocities, it's not there anymore and I have no idea what I had on it. Anybody remember my website from several years aga? PM if so please.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Coir, Hygrometer, Peat, Perlite, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation