Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Injection Grain Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlineresonant111
left ∞ right

Loc: IL
i will not be meek and humble...
    #20929133 - 12/04/14 05:19 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

all old world religion is based on slave morality....be meek and humble. be selfless. sacrifice yourself for the greater good. meditate in a cave for 80 years. it's bullshit.

the only way to unlock the love that's been caged in our collective hearts for centuries is to LOVE OURSELVES AS PASSIONATELY AS HUMANLY POSSIBLE. i love myself because i AM the universe. and so are you. loving myself allows me to finally be able to love you. i will NOT feel guilty of this. i will not be meek and humble. fuck religion.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinedeff
just love everyone
 User Gallery

Loc: clarity Flag
Re: i will not be meek and humble... [Re: resonant111]
    #20929202 - 12/04/14 05:32 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

i don't see humbleness and self-love as being mutually exclusive at all :smile:

self-love i think is very important though, and i agree that it's often something that is lacking

--------------------

Offlineresonant111
left ∞ right

Loc: IL
Re: i will not be meek and humble... [Re: deff]
    #20929324 - 12/04/14 05:59 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

all i know is that being meek and humble is like submissively giving away your power. and for me personally, it is also the source of all self guilt. when guilt and judgment is obliterated, we live in love. freedom follows.

its really hard to put this into words, as this is all very personal to me and i have learned very important lessons of late. lessons that are honestly, probably too subjective to explain on an internet forum.

--------------------

Offlinedeff
just love everyone
 User Gallery

Loc: clarity Flag
    #20929462 - 12/04/14 06:23 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

i think i understand :smile: i'd say do what you feel you need to to regain your self-love

i just use the concept of humbleness to mean really the absence of arrogance - and arrogance is something that i see as neither serving self or others. so in a state of self-love it's still in one's best interest i think to avoid arrogance and be peaceful with others

but if you associate humility with submission and giving your power away then i think that's something to avoid, i'm in agreement :smile:

--------------------

OfflineDeviate
Re: i will not be meek and humble... [Re: deff]
    #20930221 - 12/04/14 09:11 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Its all a matter of perspective. You haven't yet come to the realization that your perspective is no more valid than anyone's else's.

In my case for instance, humbling myself before the Lord and becoming meek and simple rather than desiring to be loved by others played a big role in opening the flow of divine love into my heart, mind and soul.

The point of humility is simply to help us recognize our own helplessness (inability) and God's unlimited power (ability). Once we realize what is always true (namely, God, the simple presence of his living kingdom) this can greatly help us in the process of letting go of the untuths we are clinging to, which to block our love from manifesting.

If you don't understand the purpose of humility it is because your consciousness is blind in some area. For you see, the divided (fallen, samsaric, ignorant, etc) mind  tends to see everything in terms of opposites, that is, it compulsively labels everything and then it believes in the label it has given. So the divided mind might become enlightened enough to see deeply into one side of something, for example you might have had false beliefs regarding guilt and your idea of what it meant to be humble might have kept you locked into those, but then when you let go of that you discovered freedom. But to another person, humility might be just what they need in order to bring about their realization of the freedom of love.

I feel like many people on this forum are quick to condemn tried and true spiritual ideals, like faith, devotion, humility, chastity, asceticism, etc.

Its perfectly fine to point out the pitfalls that each of these can lead one into. But to deny the positive side to it, it is to miss the other half of the picture.

Offlinecbub
it
 User Gallery

#20931745 - 12/05/14 07:58 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Sure thing Resonant,
don't forget, though, that there is more than one way to the top of the mountain.
2+7 is 9, but so is 5+4, so allow people to walk their paths.
It's not that they need your allowance, but your would will be more pleasant if you do :smile:

Humility can be a good thing too, because it's the state of depriving your 'ego' of sustenance.
When you are less full of yourself, you just gain clarity as a result.

--------------------
It's fine.

InvisibleChronic7
    #20931946 - 12/05/14 09:18 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

it's great and even necessary to bypass authority figures, doctrine, words period, in your search for freedom, but religion is also an expression of yourself, so if you are the universe and you love yourself then why fuck religion? or are you only the parts of the universe you find agreeable?

true humility (if there is such a thing) would be being humbled before yourself (humbling your ego before it's inherent omnipresence) not before a priest or a god that makes rules, sure religions can give the wrong impression but if you're not hung up on impressions you can see through the words right to the heart of it

--------------------

Edited by Chronic7 (12/05/14 09:49 AM)

Offlineendogenous
נפל מגיהינום
 User Gallery

#20933079 - 12/05/14 01:39 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

resonant111 said:
i will not be meek and humble. fuck religion.

Isn't that the way Catholics actually are?

--------------------
The Day of the Lord has come like a thief in the night. -- It is there but no one knows it.

OfflineShiVersblood
VAmPiRES HELLA ❤
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: United States of America Flag
Re: i will not be meek and humble... [Re: endogenous] * 1
    #20936343 - 12/06/14 05:30 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Every time I drink I tell myself that I'm not going to be so shy next time.

OfflineDeviate
Re: i will not be meek and humble... [Re: Chronic7]
    #20940046 - 12/06/14 10:17 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

The Chronic said:
it's great and even necessary to bypass authority figures, doctrine, words period, in your search for freedom, but religion is also an expression of yourself, so if you are the universe and you love yourself then why fuck religion? or are you only the parts of the universe you find agreeable?

true humility (if there is such a thing) would be being humbled before yourself (humbling your ego before it's inherent omnipresence) not before a priest or a god that makes rules, sure religions can give the wrong impression but if you're not hung up on impressions you can see through the words right to the heart of it

Yes, exactly, people are so hung up on their own opinions which actually stem from conditioning and are not particularly important for living life. Religion can look silly when people take it the wrong way or make it a belief rather than a way to live life (although believing can often be an important step in that process).

Another thing we can notice is that human beings tend to be extremely hung up on labels and classifications. For example, they will not infrequently have a need to label religion as either good or bad and then defend their position about it as if there identity depended on it. Each side will come up with reasons which seem perfectly valid to them, for why they are right and the other side is wrong. Its very uncommon for people to take a step back completely away from all this noise and then just bow before the silence that is within you and just humbly be your own beingness

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida Flag
Re: i will not be meek and humble... [Re: resonant111] * 1
    #20943801 - 12/07/14 06:25 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Agapé is the word for love in the New Testament. It is a warm, dispassionate caring, and it requires the detachment that goes along with humility. Humility is not timidity. Humility requires the self-control and moderation of a philosopher. It is how one treats oneself if one embodies virtuous living, which includes the virtue of moderation. Excess is non-virtuous, and too much self-love constitutes narcissism, which is not love at all, but aggrandizement of one's separateness. In a word, selfishness.

http://www.yesmagazine.org/happiness/the-ancient-greeks-6-words-for-love-and-why-knowing-them-can-change-your-life?utm_source=FB&utm_medium=Social&utm_campaign=20131227#.Ur7rEfzJtvU.facebook

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

OfflineGrapefruit
Freak in the forest
 User Gallery

#20944040 - 12/07/14 07:05 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

resonant111 said:
all i know is that being meek and humble is like submissively giving away your power. and for me personally, it is also the source of all self guilt. when guilt and judgment is obliterated, we live in love. freedom follows.

its really hard to put this into words, as this is all very personal to me and i have learned very important lessons of late. lessons that are honestly, probably too subjective to explain on an internet forum.

Only in the christian do gooder sense, or the British and Japanese politeness. There is a meekness which promotes inner strength, love and consciousness by a sense of one's smallness in the universe, that is humbling yourself before everything rather than specifics.

--------------------
Little left in the way of energy; or the way of love, yet happy to entertain myself playing mental games with the rest of you freaks until the rivers run backwards. 

"Chat your fraff
Chat your fraff
Just chat your fraff
Chat your fraff"

OfflineKickleM
Wanderer
 User Gallery

#20944246 - 12/07/14 07:40 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

--------------------
Why shouldn't the truth be stranger than fiction?
Fiction, after all, has to make sense. -- Mark Twain

OfflineDeviate
Re: i will not be meek and humble... [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #20944341 - 12/07/14 07:53 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

MarkostheGnostic said:
Agapé is the word for love in the New Testament. It is a warm, dispassionate caring, and it requires the detachment that goes along with humility. Humility is not timidity. Humility requires the self-control and moderation of a philosopher. It is how one treats oneself if one embodies virtuous living, which includes the virtue of moderation. Excess is non-virtuous, and too much self-love constitutes narcissism, which is not love at all, but aggrandizement of one's separateness. In a word, selfishness.

http://www.yesmagazine.org/happiness/the-ancient-greeks-6-words-for-love-and-why-knowing-them-can-change-your-life?utm_source=FB&utm_medium=Social&utm_campaign=20131227#.Ur7rEfzJtvU.facebook

Thank you for the wise words, Markos.

OfflineSpacerific
- - - >
Male

Re: i will not be meek and humble... [Re: resonant111] * 1
    #20944679 - 12/07/14 08:44 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Show up to psy festivals OP, I have a feeling you'll like the goings on there :biggrin:

I have some pretty deep contempt for the misguided forms of piety, humility and submissiveness present in some religions, simply because the denial is supposed to be endless, never pausing through this whole life. And I'd appreciate it if I'd see it work, but I just see low energy unimpressive people, at the end of this kind of self abuse.

Spend some days or weeks without sex so you can clear the mind and focus on the studies? Fine, I'm all for that, but then after the studies put the books down, drop the clothes, go have a nice orgy or festival to provide the body and mind with the opposite of dry texts and empty hallways. Spend some of the year away from the beautiful sound of female voices, but some of it also deeply immersed in it, with all your skin and eyes and senses. Same for psy tripping.

Life is meant to be lived, not denied and suppressed, looking down into the dirt.

Big believer in things like simple living, LIMITED asceticism and so on. Traveling by bike, living in a tent, sleeping on hard surfaces, staying out in nature, being without technology for weeks, clears the mind and body really well, builds inner strength, confidence, clear deep thorough breath that one lacks if one always lives in comfort. BUT after some weeks or months of that, one is IMO best served by returning to the city, to both appreciate its technology and comforts more deeply, to recharge in that way, and also to bring the power and wisdom from the wasteland, to the comfy city dwellers that haven't taken the journey yet.

All life is fluctuation, when it's healthy. To try to keep it either always suppressed, or always expressed, is IMO missing the point, doing it wrong. Furthermore it can't be done. Trying to repress all sexual impulse with no release ever, that is precisely what gives you priests fucking altar boys. IMO all types of asceticism are to be employed skillfully, within specific durations and conditions, not all at once, a bunch of thou shalt not's that go against the grain of human nature.

--------------------
Blessed are your eyes because they see, and your ears because they hear.

For truly, I say to you, many prophets and righteous people longed to see what you see, and did not see it,
and to hear what you hear, and did not hear it.
- Matthew 13:16

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Re: i will not be meek and humble... [Re: Deviate]
    #20945520 - 12/08/14 12:16 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Thanks, but it wasn't all that wise so much as simple common sense. Just a sober response to what sounded like late adolescent rage against the inequalities of existence. :shrug:

--------------------

OfflineShiVersblood
VAmPiRES HELLA ❤
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: United States of America Flag
    #20947346 - 12/08/14 12:41 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

I often times wish I was the universe but I have t seen enough evidence to convince me properly. Yeah a lot of opinions and subjective matters get thrown around a lot. It seems like god gets mad if people consider themselves the universe sometimes, such as vanity almost.

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Re: i will not be meek and humble... [Re: ShiVersblood] * 2
    #20948546 - 12/08/14 05:37 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Each human being IS inseparable from the fabric of space-time, and the other face of Reality, consciousness, has no spatial dimensions. Consciousness may transcend space-time in that it does not have extension in space, or form and the corollary to that is that it does not have duration in time either. However, as the Buddhists, Hindus and astutely mystical Jews, Christians, Muslims and others must know, it is the veils of our thinking mind which occults this identity. We measure things by our memory of chronological events that our lower, earth-bound minds have recorded. We're concerned about the area of ourselves bounded by our skin. Beyond that I'm concerned about my house, and yard, and to a lesser extent the roads and property that will soon be developed behind my house. I have some civic-mindedness, but I live in a huge county (not even a township), and beyond that I have a very poor state identity as a Floridian (I think the state as fucking backward on all levels, but winters are warm). I do have a national identity as an American whether I go about being self-conscious about it or not. In Germany I heard people say "Americaner," even when I wasn't speaking. I carry myself like an American, and we're different than Europeans in general. I endeavor to be a global citizen, not in some cosmopolitan worldly sense, but as a universal human being. I try to be essentially human first, and not lead with my national, cultural, social, religious, class, socio-economic or educational identities. But without further scope beyond our world, the Hubble telescope pics notwithstanding, it is impossible to experience myself as one with space-time,  parsecs from here. We ARE one-with-it-all, but that oneness is largely unconscious. It will have to be enough to experience my differentiated consciousness resolve itself back into its essential form as colorless, effulgent ecstatic I AMness when the time comes. You see, no matter how unified with God our essence is, God is always God alone.

--------------------

InvisibleDividedQuantumM
Outer Head
Male User Gallery

#20948885 - 12/08/14 06:41 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Right on the money, Mark.  :thumbup:

--------------------
Vi Veri Universum Vivus Vici

InvisibleCosmicJokeM
happy mutant
 User Gallery

Loc: Portland, OR
Re: i will not be meek and humble... [Re: DividedQuantum]
    #20950556 - 12/09/14 01:10 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Might be on the money, am pretty darned convinced that the universe exists outside the linear past-present-future of Newtonian time and naive realism, as perceived by my experiences of being 'one with it all' on psychedelic trips and many mind baffling synchronicities that indicate the underpinnings of the universe do not  adhere to 'common sense'.

At the same time, it could be that matter, form, and consciousness emerge hierarchically out this quantum universe  - or - that consciousness does indeed transcend space & time (some of my peak 'mystical experiences' on LSD have had me totally convinced of this, but a lot of it has been muddled by coming down and trying to make sense of it all in cultural mysticism frameworks). 

Cultural explanations of the intangible seem to only add to my confusion, they're like an ointment heated by the frustration of our helplessness in accepting our present fate - Frustration & Death!

But that's not what I feel when I'm alone, when it's just me experimenting with ayahuasca out in nature, laying back and taking it all in.  All the B.S. (belief systems) dissolve away into what surmounts to a spiritual biology.  It's one of the reasons I like the term Pagan, not because I have all these nutter Wiccan beliefs about healing powers of crystals, just that my highest states of consciousness are essentially indifferent to culture.

--------------------
Everything is better than it was the last time.  I'm good.

If we could look into each others hearts, and understand the unique challenges each of us faces, I think we would treat each other much more gently, with more love, patience, tolerance, and care.

It takes a lot of courage to go out there and radiate your essence.

I know you scared, you should ask us if we scared too.  If you was there, and we just knew you cared too.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Injection Grain Bag