Home | Community | Message Board

Myco Supply
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Unrelenting Blackness
    #2092308 - 11/11/03 02:07 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

What I am about to describe is probably a familiar experience for the most of us.

Once (or twice, now that I think about it) I drank so much alcohol so fast that I blacked out. I have no memory of anything I did after this. Of course, the first time it happened to it there were many pictures of this, and quite the amount of people remembering it for me ("oh yeah, we ended up showing up and you were inside your room, screaming Ozzy songs at the top of your lungs").

The second time there was a video recording. I puked red M.D. 20/20 all over someone's white carpet the first time I had even been in the house. I was reminded of this event that I didn't have any rememberance of by the nickname "Pukey" that all the punks bestowed on me.

Now, maybe I just don't know shit about any of this. But do I have no recollection whatsoever of what happened because no memories were created? I mean, this makes sense to me because I remember nothing. But apparently, I was capable of doing all sorts of shit while blacked out (not protesting the application of makeup and getting into the back of a truck being things that I was NOT capable of).

This makes me realize that our life is in the past. Almost all of our experiences have some sort of memory stored. This creates our life. However, it is entirely possible, apparently, to live your life and remember absolutely none of it. This is crazy to me.

I have thought about all of this before, many times, but it didn't seem to come together and hit me all at once (all it took was some thoughts leading up to me being reminded of something that I do not remember. hehe). A lot of us carry around a lot of ideas of who we are, what we do and don't do, and what "is".

When people say "don't live in the past", it takes on a whole new meaning. A lot of us fucking reach out and hold onto these ideas as if it stops them from drowning. I seriously don't think there is any harm of drowning here.

And, by the way, if there was a way to cause the black out (at least 99% of it) without fucking up all of our other functions and controls, causing us to not walk or even think, life would be fucking life. The here and fucking now.

TIme to get some water...
Peace.

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineDavid_Scape
Anti Genius
Male

Loc: U.S. of muthafuckin A.
Re: Unrelenting Blackness [Re: fireworks_god]
    #2092423 - 11/11/03 02:39 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Yeah, Dreaming and blacking out are two things that really get me thinking. I myself have never blacked out, i've just 'fuzzed' out, where things blur together like a dream. All the people i talked to that experience blackouts say they just dont remember a single thing. I dunno if this is because they're embarrased about what they did and are claiming complete ignorance or what, but either way it's interesting. Because i have this theory that emotions cause memory or at least solidfy them. But it's not necessarily a contradiction if NEW memories are capable of forming but never solidify or hold. So, emotion and memory are still taking place but there is no real long-term memory. So you're still conscious when you blackout but by the time you go to sleep and wake up the memories have already faded.

And if there was a pill that make us black out, that would kinda suck. Havent you seen the movie Memento! :grin: we'd actually be stuck in the past, that is, the past you had before you took it. Everything would fade and you'd never be able to heal from past emotional hurts! you'd never grow or get smarter. :grin: peace 

--------------------
focusing
Flow
The Enneagram

Offlinejahfeelirie
meatwad

Re: Unrelenting Blackness [Re: David_Scape]
    #2092450 - 11/11/03 02:46 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

sounds like college
peace

--------------------
my signature is too long

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Re: Unrelenting Blackness [Re: David_Scape]
    #2092453 - 11/11/03 02:47 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

David_Scape said:
All the people i talked to that experience blackouts say they just dont remember a single thing. I dunno if this is because they're embarrased about what they did and are claiming complete ignorance or what, but either way it's interesting. .......

Trust me, it is because absolutely nothing is remembered. At least with the full blown black outs. The first time I blacked out it all faded out pretty slowly, but the second time, it was just fucking bam! entire night gone!

A girl from school was suspossed to pick me up to go out to this party out in the country. I hit up my dad and he picked me up two bottles of M.D. 20/20 (I don't drink very often, can't drink beer, and it was the choice I was to make). Anyways, I was sitting at my keyboardist's house, and she wasn't showing up. Eventually I got all pissed and decided to just fucking drink one of the bottles in like five minutes.

Keep in mind I barely drink at all. And then she shows up. And we get in and start driving. I sort of remember getting out at some farm, and like walking around a lot and not finding anybody. And then we got back in the car and started driving back into town. That is all I have any memory of.

It turns out that they drug my ass over to some other party, and like everyone had fun with me and shit, recorded some stuff... apparently this went on for a couple of hours. An entire night's experience without any trace of ANY of recollection.

This is what I couldn't comprehend. People would tell me shit and I would strain myself to remember. Absolutely nothing.

But yeah, alcohol is a fucked up thing.. :grin:
Peace.

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

OfflineMixomatosis
great ape

Loc: cipherland
    #2092466 - 11/11/03 02:49 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

there are starving alchoholics in third world countries and you just drink and drink and drink with no care in the world SHAME ON YOU

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Re: Unrelenting Blackness [Re: Mixomatosis]
    #2092471 - 11/11/03 02:50 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Mixomatosis said:
there are starving alchoholics in third world countries and you just drink and drink and drink with no care in the world SHAME ON YOU 

Yeah, no doubt.  :rolleyes: I sure have done my share fair of drinking, all right.  :shake:
Peace.

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

OfflineMixomatosis
great ape

#2092484 - 11/11/03 02:53 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

don't get snappy with me viking-boy

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

#2092494 - 11/11/03 02:55 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Mixomatosis said:
don't get snappy with me viking-boy 

Don't mess with me, motha, my god is Odin. :grin:

Just having some fun, yo.
Peace.

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

OfflineMixomatosis
great ape

#2092535 - 11/11/03 03:02 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

is there a problem? Cause I ain't got a problem if you aint got a problem but seems to me you got a problem which means I got a problem, and that problem is your problem cause you got it

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

#2092557 - 11/11/03 03:07 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Mixomatosis said:
is there a problem? Cause I ain't got a problem if you aint got a problem but seems to me you got a problem which means I got a problem, and that problem is your problem cause you got it

If there is a problem, that is to say, a pr?blem, than the problem, that is, pr?blem, might stem from the fact that this said pr?blem, (or is it pr?bl?m?) that you have identified a pr?bl?m as a pr?bl?m in spite of the previous pr?bl?m due to the fact that this pr?bl?m was cited as a pr?bl?m before it actually was indeed a pr?blam. Therefore, this pr?bl?m is directly linked to the pr?bl?m of the inefficency of pr?bl?m identifiers.
Peace.

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

OfflinePeyoteZen
Save The Republic
Male User Gallery

Loc: America Again!
    #2094966 - 11/12/03 01:55 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

....which is a big fucking problem

--------------------
ISLAMIC MIGRANT CRIME WAVE COMING TO A GRANNSKAP NEAR YOU!

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology