Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleConfucian
 User Gallery

Loc: USA Flag
Canadian Christians Leave Man Dead for 6 Months: Praying to God for a Resurrection
    #20916050 - 12/02/14 08:49 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

I guess Canada has some religious zealots too.

First, the man with diabetes doesn't go to the doctor for his infection, slips into coma and dies. Then, the wife covers him in a room for 6 months expecting Invisible Dad-in-the-Sky to resurrect him.
-------------------------------

Canada family keeps father’s corpse for 6 months, praying for resurrection

A small community of Christians in Canada left the body of a deceased member for six months trusting God to resurrect him from the dead. The Crown found no criminal intent and the grieving widow was ordered to seek public health counseling.

The unusual case was resolved on Monday as Kaling Wald, 50, pledged guilty to failing to notify the authorities of her husband Peter’s death.

The 52-year-old, who suffered from diabetes, got a leg infection sometime in March. But he refused to go to hospital, trusting God to cure him. Eventually the disease took over and he slipped into coma and died sometime around March 20, according to the agreed statement of facts read out in court.

Mrs. Wald covered the body with two blankets, the head with a toque (beanie), padlocked the bedroom door and sealed vents to keep the decomposition stench from the house. She believed her husband would be eventually resurrected from and return to his family.

“We were trusting God. We thought, ‘OK, Lord, you know better,’” Wald told the Hamilton Spectator after the court hearings.

The corpse had been lying upstairs for six months before the sheriff had arrived to evict Wald, her six children aged between 11 and 22 and seven adult friends from their home in Hamilton, Ontario, due to failure to pay the mortgage.

The sheriff discovered the body, which by that time had been partially eaten by rodents and decomposed badly enough that it could not be identified by a photo.

Due to the mummified state of the body, a toxicology test could not be conducted, but the pathologist stated that the death was “likely due to natural causes.”

Wald was initially indicted for neglect of duty regarding a dead body and failure to treat it with dignity. But the charges were later replaced with a single charge under the Coroner’s Act.

“It’s an extremely sad case. She truly believed her husband was going to be resurrected from the dead, even after six months,” said assistant Crown Attorney Janet Booy.

Booy told the newspaper this was probably the first case of this kind in Canada.

The court suspended Wald’s sentence and put her on probation for 18 months. It also ordered her to seek counseling about public health concerns that an unattended dead body poses.

“This is not about your religious beliefs. It is about your safety, the safety of your children and the safety of the community at large,” Superior Court Justice Marjoh Agro said.

The Walds were recognized in their neighborhood in north-end Hamilton for their blue van covered in messages of love for God and crosses carved into the headlights. They were involved in charity, offering food to homeless people.

The family has since moved to Fort Erie, Ontario, putting the unusual criminal case behind them.

“It was unusual, yes. It was certainly not normal. And we won’t do that again… laws exist and we know that now,” Wald told the Spectator.

She says her faith was not shaken and she expects her husband to come back from the dead in due time.

“In fact, it has cast me more at the mercy of God, because he is the ultimate judge,” she said.

http://rt.com/news/210619-canada-family-corpse-ressurection/

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineThe Ecstatic
Chilldog Extraordinaire

Loc: 'Merica Flag
Re: Canadian Christians Leave Man Dead for 6 Months: Praying to God for a Resurrection [Re: Confucian] * 5
    #20916064 - 12/02/14 08:55 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Religiosity is a mental disorder.

--------------------

Invisiblelarry.fisherman
shoulda died already
I'm a teapot

Re: Canadian Christians Leave Man Dead for 6 Months: Praying to God for a Resurrection [Re: The Ecstatic]
    #20916070 - 12/02/14 08:59 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

I never do anything for myself, I just pray and Jesus does it for me. That's why Jesus was one to promote a work ethic, because getting other people to do shit for you is the right thing to do.

InvisibleZombi3
Bella Ciao!!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Bat Country Flag
Re: Canadian Christians Leave Man Dead for 6 Months: Praying to God for a Resurrection [Re: Confucian]
    #20916077 - 12/02/14 09:01 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Hamilton is less than 30 minutes from me :eek:
Thats gross as fuck.

--------------------
Youve Met With A Terrible Fate, Havent You?

Click here to enter this weeks Ban Lottery!!
In Crust We Trust

Invisiblelarry.fisherman
shoulda died already
I'm a teapot

Re: Canadian Christians Leave Man Dead for 6 Months: Praying to God for a Resurrection [Re: Zombi3]
    #20916081 - 12/02/14 09:03 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

That's because it's Hamilton.

InvisibleZombi3
Bella Ciao!!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Canadian Christians Leave Man Dead for 6 Months: Praying to God for a Resurrection [Re: larry.fisherman] * 1
    #20916084 - 12/02/14 09:04 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

I worked in hamilton all summer unfortunatly, the whole city looks like a dirty ciggarette.

--------------------

In Crust We Trust

InvisibleChasingBliss
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Los Santos
Re: Canadian Christians Leave Man Dead for 6 Months: Praying to God for a Resurrection [Re: The Ecstatic] * 1
    #20916086 - 12/02/14 09:06 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

What a nut-job lol
I wonder how long she would have waited if nobody found him.

--------------------
:leaf:

Invisiblelarry.fisherman
shoulda died already
I'm a teapot

Re: Canadian Christians Leave Man Dead for 6 Months: Praying to God for a Resurrection [Re: Zombi3]
    #20916087 - 12/02/14 09:07 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Sounds about right. dont forget the air quality is horrible and driving through that town is retarded. I really fucking hate Hamilton. :lol:

The shitter is I have to drive back and forth from there every few months.

Isn't Hamilton where that weed church is?

InvisibleSham87
mashAllah
Male

Re: Canadian Christians Leave Man Dead for 6 Months: Praying to God for a Resurrection [Re: larry.fisherman] * 1
    #20916140 - 12/02/14 09:19 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Christians already have a bad rap but this takes it to a whole other level. That is just plain retarded.

--------------------
:mushroom2::sun::crazy2::leaf:

...once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest places if you look at it right...

:feelsgoatman:

InvisibleZombi3
Bella Ciao!!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Canadian Christians Leave Man Dead for 6 Months: Praying to God for a Resurrection [Re: larry.fisherman]
    #20916170 - 12/02/14 09:27 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

I think there is some sort of weed church there ya LOL

You think just driving in hamilton is bad? I worked landscape maintenance for commercial buildings downtown. Try taking a diesel pick up with a 30ft equipment trailer right downtown 3 days a fucking week :facepalm: I wanted to kill myself.
The days we did residential outside of town were lovely though :sun:

Downtown hamilton you can heroin needles in the grass! When we cut we used to find them all the time, more than once we almost pricked ourselves cuz wed find old dirty needles in the compost we collected in the truck all day just from like bagging grass clipping :eek:

Hamilton has several amazing skateparks and I keep being told they have copious amounts of LSD. So I guess they have that going for them :shrug:

--------------------

In Crust We Trust

OfflineShiVersblood
VAmPiRES HELLA ❤
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: United States of America Flag
Re: Canadian Christians Leave Man Dead for 6 Months: Praying to God for a Resurrection [Re: Confucian]
    #20916173 - 12/02/14 09:29 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Thats straight up manslaughter.

Oh yeah I think thats how Bob Marley died too. He got a huge infection in his foot and the doctors told him the only way to live would be to amputate the foot, but he said his religion said it could be cured more naturally. And his religion did not want him to cut off his foot. And then he died because he didnt have his foot amputated. Sad. I would have the foot cut off, if it was me. He would still be alive today.

OfflineThe Ecstatic
Chilldog Extraordinaire

Loc: 'Merica Flag
Re: Canadian Christians Leave Man Dead for 6 Months: Praying to God for a Resurrection [Re: ShiVersblood] * 1
    #20916184 - 12/02/14 09:31 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

ShiVersblood said:
Thats straight up manslaughter.

Oh yeah I think thats how Bob Marley died too. He got a huge infection in his foot and the doctors told him the only way to live would be to amputate the foot, but he said his religion said it could be cured more naturally. And his religion did not want him to cut off his foot. And then he died because he didnt have his foot amputated. Sad. I would have the foot cut off, if it was me. He would still be alive today.

Yeah he was an idiot in that aspect.

--------------------

Offline28064212
Special Agent Dale Cooper
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Twin Peaks
Re: Canadian Christians Leave Man Dead for 6 Months: Praying to God for a Resurrection [Re: The Ecstatic]
    #20916190 - 12/02/14 09:33 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

It was actually just toe cancer but getting his big toe cut off was against his religious beliefs

--------------------

Invisiblelarry.fisherman
shoulda died already
I'm a teapot

Re: Canadian Christians Leave Man Dead for 6 Months: Praying to God for a Resurrection [Re: ShiVersblood] * 1
    #20916195 - 12/02/14 09:34 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

He actually didn't want to cut off his foot because playing soccer made him happy and he wasn't always a very happy man, like anybody. Soccer was his inspiration, and music was his life. If he lived, Bob Marley might not be he guy we see him as now.

InvisibleDark_Star
train driver pervading a desktop
Male User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
    #20916288 - 12/02/14 10:03 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

There was a case in PA where a super fundamentalist Christian couple relied on faith healing to cure their very young child of pneumonia. The child died, and the case went to court. The religious defense worked, and they had another kid after getting off. The same exact fucking happened again with that child. This time the parents were convicted.

--------------------

OfflineWebster10
Up like Trump
Male

Loc: Strawberry Fields Flag
    #20916319 - 12/02/14 10:14 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

The Ecstatic said:
Religiosity is a mental disorder.

--------------------
:leaf: :usa:

OfflineShiVersblood
VAmPiRES HELLA ❤
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: United States of America Flag
Re: Canadian Christians Leave Man Dead for 6 Months: Praying to God for a Resurrection [Re: Webster10]
    #20916328 - 12/02/14 10:16 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Not all if practiced correctly with caution I think.

OfflineWebster10
Up like Trump
Male

#20916336 - 12/02/14 10:18 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Practicing a religion with caution usually doesn't allow you to follow the real religion. Following any religion, well, religiously, will cause problems for anyone in the modern world.

--------------------

InvisibleSham87
mashAllah
Male

#20916338 - 12/02/14 10:19 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

How do you correctly follow god? That seems to be the problem, people think they have the correct formula that makes their praise THE only way to praise god.

--------------------
:mushroom2::sun::crazy2::leaf:

...once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest places if you look at it right...

:feelsgoatman:

OfflineWebster10
Up like Trump
Male

Re: Canadian Christians Leave Man Dead for 6 Months: Praying to God for a Resurrection [Re: Sham87] * 1
    #20916345 - 12/02/14 10:21 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Talking about the biblical God, "correctly" following God would be living your life word for word how the bible says to live it. This would land you in a heap of shit in the modern world. It would also be impossible because the bible has several contradictions.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Cultivation Supplies