Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleModestMouse
IM WALKIN ON SUNSHINE
 User Gallery

Loc: Upstate
Re: Friends who don't give some kind of good hand shake, fist bump, or hug upon arrival or departure [Re: trippinballs420]
    #20910438 - 11/30/14 10:55 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Goodbye hugs for the girls if theyre very close friends, and hello hugs occasionaly.

I shake hands with the more closed off friends, do a bro five/hug with my brother and people that seem to get it, and the slap/tuck casually and often because I'm lazy. I don't give fistbumps, theyre shitty, but I don't refuse when offered.

Physical greetings and goodbyes used to stress me out a lot for some reason. Now they don't so much. I don't do it all the time, but at least half the time I'll initiate something if they didnt, especially if we're close. It's only awkward if you worry about it too much or attempt to do it to quick or without paying attention, which is the wrong way to go about greeting someone.

It's on an entirely case by case basis. I like to enter a room with energy though. I don't understand people who just sort of lurk in and sit down or stay standing.

--------------------
Anyone got a lowpass filter in this biiiiash?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinespixce
Up, Up & Away
Male

Loc: AZ Flag
Re: Friends who don't give some kind of good hand shake, fist bump, or hug upon arrival or departure [Re: ModestMouse]
    #20910593 - 11/30/14 11:51 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

I usually do the fist bump with most of my friends but some I hug.

--------------------

Invisibletito123
Male

Re: Friends who don't give some kind of good hand shake, fist bump, or hug upon arrival or departure [Re: spixce]
    #20910696 - 12/01/14 12:36 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

If they're friends a hug.  If I'm meeting them, generally a handshake.

Sometimes I'm insecure and thinking a lot or whatever and I'm the guy who walks in and says nothing and stands around

Offlineblackhawk
Newton's Law of Majesticity
I'm a teapot

Loc: Where Jimmies are Rustled
Re: Friends who don't give some kind of good hand shake, fist bump, or hug upon arrival or departure [Re: tito123]
    #20910744 - 12/01/14 01:07 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Best friend: we don't make any physical contact. We just say sup and peace
All other dudes and dude friends are fist bumps, unless they want to pull a fast one with a hand shake or brotherly hug.
Chicks I usually give high fives or hugs

--------------------

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

Loc: Iceland
Re: Friends who don't give some kind of good hand shake, fist bump, or hug upon arrival or departure [Re: lifeiswhatyoumake]
    #20911110 - 12/01/14 06:40 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

This is the MDMA generation. Hugs are the only way to go IMO.

:hug:

--------------------

Everything I post is fiction.

Invisible1234go
#1 Swiftie
 User Gallery

Re: Friends who don't give some kind of good hand shake, fist bump, or hug upon arrival or departure [Re: lifeiswhatyoumake]
    #20911161 - 12/01/14 07:11 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

I feel awkward if I DON'T greet/depart with some form of hand gesture and/or hug. It shows sincerity and genuineness in my opinion.
It's a must for me, unless the other person is obviously uncomfortably withdrawn.

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

Re: Friends who don't give some kind of good hand shake, fist bump, or hug upon arrival or departure [Re: 1234go] * 2
    #20911162 - 12/01/14 07:11 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Touching penises is also an underrated option that is growing in popularity.

--------------------

InvisibleSheekle
FREE BURKE
 User Gallery

Re: Friends who don't give some kind of good hand shake, fist bump, or hug upon arrival or departure [Re: Moonshoe]
    #20911196 - 12/01/14 07:32 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

I hug most of my friends upon arrival and departure

--------------------
"Ur cat died because he hated u" - Koods
"I hope JSB kicks your ass one day." - Vandago
"you are the biggest 'internet guy' I have ever come across"- Jokeshopbeard
"The more I see you post the more I realize you're just this fuckin tie dye loser who trolls the Shroomery 24/7." - Herbologist
"Sheekle you cannot vile the dice of bullshit you have posted on this forum over the years, I like databases" - thelastoneleft
"or maybe i just come from a blood line of superior intelligence" - trees

R.I.P Kelsy, ?/?/?? - 6/11/16

OfflinePatlal
You ask too many questions
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ottawa Flag
    #20911223 - 12/01/14 07:38 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

If its an official meeting, I do the mandatory hand shake.

When its with friends and contacts. Don't touch me unless I go for it first.

Keep your nasty diseased hands to yourself. Fuck your handshake, fuck your fist bump and don't even try to go for a hug.

That's my general attitude towards full contact greetings

--------------------

Invisiblelarry.fisherman
shoulda died already
I'm a teapot

Re: Friends who don't give some kind of good hand shake, fist bump, or hug upon arrival or departure [Re: Patlal] * 2
    #20911231 - 12/01/14 07:40 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

I like to lean in real close and lick their cheek.

OfflineCj-B
All the same...I saw it first.
Male

Loc: The Library of Babel
Re: Friends who don't give some kind of good hand shake, fist bump, or hug upon arrival or departure [Re: larry.fisherman]
    #20911332 - 12/01/14 08:10 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

It always bothers me when I think someones going for the fist bump and it turns out to be a handshake...or vice versa. That good ole open palm slapping closed fist nearly always feels at least a little awkward.

--------------------
"I have no way of knowing whether you, who eventually will read this record, like stories or not. If you do not, no doubt you have turned these pages without attention. I confess that I love them. Indeed, it often seems to me that of all the good things in the world, the only ones humanity can claim for itself are stories and music; the rest, mercy, beauty, sleep, clean water and hot food (as the Ascian would have said) are all the work of the Increate. Thus, stories are small things indeed in the scheme of the universe, but it is hard not to love best what is our own—hard for me, at least."

Invisible1234go
#1 Swiftie
 User Gallery

Re: Friends who don't give some kind of good hand shake, fist bump, or hug upon arrival or departure [Re: Cj-B]
    #20911700 - 12/01/14 10:14 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Cj-B said:
It always bothers me when I think someones going for the fist bump and it turns out to be a handshake...or vice versa. That good ole open palm slapping closed fist nearly always feels at least a little awkward.

:werd:
I try to make it obvious i'm in route for a traditional handshake.

OfflineUzziel
O_o

Re: Friends who don't give some kind of good hand shake, fist bump, or hug upon arrival or departure [Re: 1234go]
    #20911708 - 12/01/14 10:17 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

I am a big fan of a strong handshake.... there is nothing else like it. To me it is a sign of respect of each other. Hugs are too much in most cases, only if I have not seen them in a long time or if they are female (I feel weird shaking a womens hand, lol)

I feel like people who don't want any kind of contact probably have issues with people in general

:shrug:

Invisible1234go
#1 Swiftie
 User Gallery

Re: Friends who don't give some kind of good hand shake, fist bump, or hug upon arrival or departure [Re: Uzziel]
    #20911724 - 12/01/14 10:28 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Uzziel said:
I am a big fan of a strong handshake.... there is nothing else like it. To me it is a sign of respect of each other.
I feel like people who don't want any kind of contact probably have issues with people in general

:werd::werd:

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

Re: Friends who don't give some kind of good hand shake, fist bump, or hug upon arrival or departure [Re: 1234go] * 1
    #20911730 - 12/01/14 10:31 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

I feel like if a friend wont hug you or your not comfortable hugging your friend, well, thats really not a friend.

Whats friend if you cant even hug?

Cant be that close. But I am an overly loving person perhaps.

--------------------

OfflineHellogoodbyedeath

Loc: Flag
Re: Friends who don't give some kind of good hand shake, fist bump, or hug upon arrival or departure [Re: Uzziel]
    #20911734 - 12/01/14 10:33 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

I give handshakes or waves to people I've just met or am not too familiar with (an exception: new people who are extremely warm and friendly; they usually initiate a hug).

I give hugs to close friends and people who are more than acquaintances but not quite solid friends.

Offlinempd
Lammen Gorthaur
Male User Gallery

Loc: Mostly at home... Mostly....
    #20911752 - 12/01/14 10:39 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

I do hugs for most women I know and firm handshakes for those I don't know.  For guys I do a firm handshake with one hand and the bro hug with the other or an extended arm grab for formal events and business.

--------------------
There is no truer calling for mankind than that of true conservatism.

Invisible1234go
#1 Swiftie
 User Gallery

Re: Friends who don't give some kind of good hand shake, fist bump, or hug upon arrival or departure [Re: Moonshoe]
    #20911803 - 12/01/14 10:53 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Moonshoe said:

Whats friend if you cant even hug?

That's how I feel..
Over the recent years I've become very withdrawn and nervous in social situations, keeping to myself.
So i'm sure to show my good loving intentions with greetings and such, so people don't just see (the snobby dude not talking to anyone).

Introversion is often unfortunately grouped with pretentiousness.

OfflineKrackatus

Loc: UK Flag
    #20911937 - 12/01/14 11:32 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

If I don't touch flesh with you upon meeting then there isn't really a friendship to speak of i'm afraid. I don't care how close you think you are with your friends, if you don't touch flesh you may aswell be strangers in my book.
I find it sad that a lot of people don't see the value in it, or even find it distasteful??

Do you not like human contact?

:feelsgoodman:

--------------------
"I thought I knew a lot about psychedelics before I encountered DMT... it showed me that I knew virtually nothing." - Terence McKenna

InvisibleVivaLaMushie
RIP LS :(
Female User Gallery

Loc: Switzerland Flag
Re: Friends who don't give some kind of good hand shake, fist bump, or hug upon arrival or departure [Re: Krackatus]
    #20912075 - 12/01/14 12:04 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

I'm pretty sure the last time I saw aZombie in person, before he left I have him a hug. I don't think we did that the first two times we met up.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag