Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisiblePsiloKitten
Ganja Goddess

Re: Top US Officials: Case for War Was Confected [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #2090155 - 11/10/03 05:35 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

So, I see.

He is going to learn from his mistakes?

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
Re: Top US Officials: Case for War Was Confected [Re: PsiloKitten]
    #2090235 - 11/10/03 05:58 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

He is going to learn from his mistakes?

Everybody who is willing, can.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

InvisiblePsiloKitten
Ganja Goddess

#2090297 - 11/10/03 06:20 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

What if they dont? What if this isnt the first time they've made very similar mistakes?

Rumsfeld confirms the Iran Contra Meeting

http://www.atimes.com/atimes/Middle_East/EH12Ak03.html

WASHINGTON - A specter of the Iran-Contra affair is haunting Washington. Even some of the people and countries are the same. And the methods - particularly the pursuit by a network of well-placed individuals of a covert, parallel foreign policy that is at odds with official policy - are definitely the same.

Boiled down to its essentials, the Iran-Contra affair was about a small group of officials based in the National Security Council (NSC) and the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) that ran an "off-the-books" operation to secretly sell arms to Iran in exchange for hostages held in Lebanon.

They used the proceeds over the following years to sustain the Nicaraguan Contras - US-sponsored rebels fighting Managua's left-wing government - in defiance of both a congressional ban and of official US policy as enunciated by the State Department and then president Ronald Reagan. It was never clear whether Reagan understood, let alone approved, the operation.

The picture emerging from the latest reports about the manipulation of intelligence in the drive to war with Iraq, as well as efforts by administration hawks to deliberately aggravate tensions with Syria, Iran, and North Korea in defiance of official State Department and US policy, suggest a similar but much more ambitious scheme at work.

As with Reagan, in this case, too, it is difficult to determine whether President George W Bush - or even his NSC director, Condoleezza Rice - fully understand, let alone approve, of what the hawks are doing.

There was some hint of a parallel policy apparatus dating back just after the terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001. It was known early on, for example, that the Pentagon leadership, without notice to the State Department, the NSC, or the CIA, convened its advisory Defense Policy Board (DPB), headed by Richard Perle, to discuss attacking Iraq within days of the attacks.

(more at link above)

----------------------------------------
What happens then?

--------------------

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#2090323 - 11/10/03 06:26 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

I'll repeat....

Everybody who is willing, can.

And that goes for those from either side.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

InvisiblePsiloKitten
Ganja Goddess

#2090343 - 11/10/03 06:37 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

I dont disagree with that. But how long are you going to be willing to let these people push our nation down on it's ass?

When does it become the time to end the cycle?

I was thinking about you and I wondered the other day if I didnt have you all wrong. Maybe you are actually just an optimist with a strong sense of personal responsibility.. Maybe you think that if the people arent taken care of, they will take care of themselves, that there is something within the human soul capable of existing on commonsense.

But what about the people out there in this current administration that have been making mistakes, one after another, from President to President, year after year.

Think about how long this agenda has been pushed?

When is it enough to wake up and stop giving them the benefit of the doubt?

--------------------

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#2090431 - 11/10/03 07:16 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

But how long are you going to be willing to let these people push our nation down on it's ass?

Well now we disagree.

In very general terms.... You think the right has it wrong. I think the left has it wrong. I truly believe the things you mention. I read constantly, articles from both sides. I listen to the news from both side. I'm actually a NPR fan, although I feel I have to take some of what they say with a HUGE grain of salt. I'm a news and politics junkie. I read, and form my own conclusions. I read with an open mind for that's how I was raised. I merely come to different conclusions than you. I truly believe that many of the things you believe are wrong.

I believe in this country. I believe in the constitution and bill of rights. I believe all are created equal.

But I also believe that after you are created, you need to make it on your own. I believe you don't blame others for your choices. Some will do fine, others need a good kick in the ass. No-one deserves to have anything handed to them, and some are lucky enough to have it made from birth. Neither is my fault or responsibility. I help those near and dear to me on a regular basis. Frankly I, while not wishing ill on those who have problems, don't care either way. It's not my problem. It's not my fault. Some will help willingly, some will not. I still don't care. Either make it on your own, or fail on your own. Don't come crying to me.

Back on topic....
I don't think the current administration is all that great. I don't think they are pushing our nation down. I vote for the person I believe will do the better job. I did so and will again vote for Bush. He's not the best but I think sadly, he'll again be the best of bad choices. *pause for Alpo to chime in* (feel better Al?) Now the last guy in that office is the one I don't trust. I'm stunned more don't see him for the weasel he is.

Mistakes? Everyone makes them. It'd be nice if it wasn't so, but it is. Many in govv shouldn't be. Try to fire them though what with civil service laws being what they are. I'd fire the guys from the Pentagon who were just nailed for flying first class and the ones who work for them and have used credit cards to steal from us. No favorites.

Agenda? I think the only agenda is (for the most part) to look out for number one. That's one of the reasons why I vote for a president. I don't see the agenda as all wrong. I wish we'd mind our business more, but I want my President thinking of us first. All Presidents have an agenda. I think the last guy was only out for himself and his one-eyed pants snake.

Quote:

When is it enough to wake up and stop giving them the benefit of the doubt?

That one deserves to be quoted. I am awake. Wide awake. I'll stop giving them the benefit of the doubt when there is proof that will stand up in a court of law. That's what I'd want for myself, that's what I'll give to others.

I don't believe it was only for the oil. I don't believe 9-11 was allowed to happen. If the day comes when it can be proven, I'll re-evaluate my position, but not on speculation.

Thank you one and all for that opportunity to rant!

--------------------

InvisiblePsiloKitten
Ganja Goddess

#2090584 - 11/10/03 08:14 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Okay, but when it happens.  You know Im gonna say, "I told you so." 

Right? :wink: 

--------------------

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #2091029 - 11/10/03 11:46 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Really? Care to back that up?

We've been through this before. Do a search for VX gas, mustard gas, WMD, anthrax. You'll find dozens of posts about the vast stockpiles Saddam had, the weapons programmes  he was running.

That's if the right-wingers havn't already deleted all their hysterical posts about WMD - I noticed several of them were going back and doing this when they realised they'd been talking through their ass  :lol: 

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
Re: Top US Officials: Case for War Was Confected [Re: ]
    #2091044 - 11/10/03 11:56 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

perhaps if he were a better writer i'd find it a safer assumption

My, it really did upset you when I didn't buy your right-wing bullshit didn't it mush. Running to the ratings to write something nasty and making snidey posts. Calm down son, it's just a shroom board  :smile:

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#2091424 - 11/11/03 03:25 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

I'm betting you won't be able to, but should it happen feel free.

I know I would.  :grin:

--------------------

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

Re: Top US Officials: Case for War Was Confected [Re: Xlea321]
    #2091433 - 11/11/03 03:31 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

We've been through this before.

Sorry Alpo, it's not going to be that easy. You said....
" Perhaps, but I think this board has clearly demonstrated that the right-wingers were far easier to manipulate than any of the left. I don't think there was one person on the left who swallowed Bush's bullshit whereas those on the right were strident in their conviction that Saddam had "thousands of tons" of VX gas etc. "
Now back up your claim and show me where on this board someone said there were thousands of tons of VX.

And now lets see you back up your second claim that people are going back and deleting posts.

--------------------

InvisibleEvolving
Resident Cynic

Loc: Apt #6, The Village
    #2091837 - 11/11/03 09:29 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

You don't actually expect him to provide any supporting evidence, do you?

--------------------
To call humans 'rational beings' does injustice to the term, 'rational.'  Humans are capable of rational thought, but it is not their essence.  Humans are animals, beasts with complex brains.  Humans, more often than not, utilize their cerebrum to rationalize what their primal instincts, their preconceived notions, and their emotional desires have presented as goals - humans are rationalizing beings.

Invisibleafoaf
CEO DBK?
 User Gallery

Loc: Ripple's Heart
    #2091938 - 11/11/03 10:19 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

--------------------
All I know is The Growery is a place where losers who get banned here go.

OfflineShdwstr
FSRCanada
Male

Loc: Ontario, Canada
    #2092550 - 11/11/03 01:06 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

And if Bush and his over zealous buddies initiate a nuclear holocaust...
I suppose you'll be satisfied with an explaination of "Ooops" from Bush!

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
Re: Top US Officials: Case for War Was Confected [Re: Shdwstr]
    #2092585 - 11/11/03 01:13 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Of course - because luvdem would consider nuclear holocaust "the best of a bad choice"  :smirk:

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

OfflineShdwstr
FSRCanada
Male

Loc: Ontario, Canada
    #2092614 - 11/11/03 01:18 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

It would certainly take care of all those illegal immigrant welfare bums and high paid job stealers.  :smile:

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#2093068 - 11/11/03 03:26 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Alex123 said:
Of course - because luvdem would consider nuclear holocaust "the best of a bad choice"  :smirk: 

Couldn't you have just said your claims were baseless and that you yet again said some things you have no hope of backing up?

I guess not because you'd have to have a spine to do so.

Quote:

"the best of a bad choice"

Even from you that's a weak attempt at an insult. Keep it up though. You look lamer each time.

--------------------

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

Re: Top US Officials: Case for War Was Confected [Re: afoaf]
    #2093101 - 11/11/03 03:34 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

afoaf said:
maybe he was thinking wingnutx and anthrax...

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat...rt=all&vc=1

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat...rt=all&vc=1

Wingnutx claimed no such thing. He posted a link to the claim and then asked if such a quantity was known to have existed, what happened to it. He didn't claim it existed. Get your facts straight.

--------------------

InvisiblePsiloKitten
Ganja Goddess

#2093222 - 11/11/03 04:00 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

I'll take that bet. :smile:

--------------------

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#2093286 - 11/11/03 04:13 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

PsiloKitten said:
I'll take that bet. :smile: 

What bet?

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder