Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineroofus
The Stunt Bum

Loc: california
California hunts.. need field guide/help
    #2089479 - 11/10/03 01:21 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

I've been checking out pastures in northern cali (not too north.. im in stanislaus county) and have had very little luck. If you guys saw my post from yesterday, i found mostly Panaeolus foeniscii and I want to find some cubes. I'm new to this, so if any of you have a field guide for the northern cali area (central cali as well) then that would help drastically. Also, if anyone that lives in this area is willing to go hunting with me, im game.

One more question.. it rained a lot over the weekend, but i didn't have much luck at all on cow pastures. I have heard cow farmers use some sort of fungicide. Is this true? Thanks for the help.

pics of yesterdays find

--------------------
Wherever you go, there you are.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinemotamanM
old hand
 User Gallery
Re: California hunts.. need field guide/help [Re: roofus]
    #2089505 - 11/10/03 01:30 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

I've been checking out pastures in northern cali

Quote:

I want to find some cubes.

I don't think you will find any in California.

--------------------
http://heffter.org

InvisibleGumby
Fishnologist
 User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
Re: California hunts.. need field guide/help [Re: motaman]
    #2089534 - 11/10/03 01:41 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

>I don't think you will find any in California.

That is correct. No cubes in Cali.

Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: looking for zeebras, n. c...
Trusted Identifier
Re: California hunts.. need field guide/help [Re: Gumby]
    #2089549 - 11/10/03 01:48 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

roofus: i know your area rather well. the rescent rains you have had have not even had a chance to green things up a bit, so it will take a bit of time to start seeing much of any mushrooms at all, other than in aread taht are artificialy watered.

cubensis do not grow wild in northern cali, or anywhre in the state at all.

you can find P. semilanceata in your area, but will have to wait a bit and have a few more rains to start seeing any growth, it's been a dry summer throughout the whole state.

--------------------

Attn PWN hunters: If you should come across a bluing Psilocybe matching P. pellicolusa please smell it.
If you detect a scent reminiscent of Anethole (anise) please preserve a specimen or two for study and please PM me.

Offlineroofus
The Stunt Bum

Loc: california
Re: California hunts.. need field guide/help [Re: canid]
    #2090425 - 11/10/03 07:14 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Thanks guys for the great feedback. I'm lovin this forum more and more everyday. Yes i was wondering why in the entire day i was out i only found one pasture with any sign of growth. I guess i should wait until mid-december. Happy huntin.

--------------------
Wherever you go, there you are.

Invisibleangryshroom
Stranger
 User Gallery

#2090466 - 11/10/03 07:28 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Yes, I live in your neck of the woods as well. As concretefeet said, it's still a little early in the year. The rains will of course give us some more fungi in the comming week or two. The next rains (not for a little while in the future) will be the best to find some more fungi.

In the way of Ps. cyanescens and liberty caps, it needs to get a little cooler, and more rain. So yes, December will be best to find them.

If your into edibles, check some pine forests in the next two weeks for Boletus edulis, or the King Bolete. They are delicious.

Invisibleangryshroom
Stranger
 User Gallery

#2090473 - 11/10/03 07:29 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Oh, and for a feild guide.

Definetly buy Mushrooms Demystified by David Arora. It's centered around our area, and has thousands of species listed. If your going mushroom hunting its a must. It doesn't really get into the genus Psilocybe much, but, for a good general hunting book, its the best.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder