Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >
InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Re: What is wrong with the entire police system in America… (DISCUSS) [Re: Crystal G]
    #20902728 - 11/28/14 10:57 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Crystal G said:
Quote:

Prisoner#1 said:

check the map. it's a highly developed country

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Developed_country

Why is it then, that the Chilean President is saying "that he hopes for Chile to become a 1st-world country by 2020?"

http://edition.cnn.com/2012/10/15/business/chile-pinera-economy-business/

Like I said, Chile is very borderline. It's sort of developed, but also only very recently developed.

I dont set the rules, I dont try and interpret them. maybe you should
research it much deeper along with police brutality and crime in nations
like finland and canada

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineD.M.T
Shroomery Contaminant
Female

Loc: In your brain
Re: What is wrong with the entire police system in America… (DISCUSS) [Re: Crystal G]
    #20902730 - 11/28/14 10:57 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Crystal G said:
Quote:

Prisoner#1 said:

check the map. it's a highly developed country

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Developed_country

Why is it then, that the Chilean President is saying "that he hopes for Chile to become a 1st-world country by 2020?"

http://edition.cnn.com/2012/10/15/business/chile-pinera-economy-business/

Like I said, Chile is very borderline. It's sort of developed, but also only very recently developed.

Chile by most accounts is a developed country or just at the brink of being developed. It would be disingenuous to say it is incomparable with the US.

OfflineCrystal G
I'm a teapot

Loc: outer space
Re: What is wrong with the entire police system in America… (DISCUSS) [Re: D.M.T]
    #20902731 - 11/28/14 10:57 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

D.M.T said:
You know what she is implying and it's stupid as fuck. I had long unkempt hair, the cop would have loved to have beat my ass and threw me in jail but he couldn't.

In your case, he couldn't because he was on your private property. I doubt you would try that in a different situation.

OfflineShroomslip
Architekt
I'm a teapot User Gallery

#20902735 - 11/28/14 10:58 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Crystal G said:
Quote:

Shroomslip said:
Drop the emphasis on developed countries and just start crusading against police brutality all together. I suppose you're going to counter with bringing awareness, but guess what.. That awareness goes just as far in undeveloped countries as it does developed ones.

I can tell by this statement alone that you are very unfamiliar with world politics as well as nationalistic differences, so I'm going to cease arguing with you.

It's fine, I'm done too. Said exactly what I wanted to say. I do however love how you've cherry picked the parts you want to respond to me with though and never addressed my full posts.

--------------------
With my face against the floor I can’t see who knocked me out of the way.
I don’t want to get back up but I have to so it might as well be today.
Nothing appeals to me no one feels like me, I’m too busy being calm to disappear.
I’m in no shape to be alone contrary to the shit that you might hear.

You can't wake up, this is not a dream. You're part of a machine, you are not a human being
With your face all made up, living on a screen. Low on self esteem, so you run on gasoline

InvisiblePrisoner#1
 User Gallery

#20902739 - 11/28/14 10:58 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Crystal G said:
Quote:

Prisoner#1 said:
Quote:

Crystal G said:
And neither of you think that you had any type of privilege that allowed you to say such a thing without ramifications?

what exactly are you saying?

Nice try to bait me and get my thread closed. You know exactly what I'm talking about. :smirk:

are you trying to say that I'm wealthy?

OfflineCrystal G
I'm a teapot

Re: What is wrong with the entire police system in America… (DISCUSS) [Re: D.M.T]
    #20902740 - 11/28/14 10:58 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

D.M.T said:
Chile by most accounts is a developed country or just at the brink of being developed. It would be disingenuous to say it is incomparable with Brazil and the US.

That's exactly what I said:

Quote:

Quote:

That is true, that Chile is more developed than all other South American countries, however I believe it is not fully considered developed yet. And you have to consider that Chile only RECENTLY developed, so they are still in the process.

OfflineD.M.T
Shroomery Contaminant
Female

#20902743 - 11/28/14 10:59 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Crystal G said:
Quote:

D.M.T said:
You know what she is implying and it's stupid as fuck. I had long unkempt hair, the cop would have loved to have beat my ass and threw me in jail but he couldn't.

In your case, he couldn't because he was on your private property. I doubt you would try that in a different situation.

That's because other situations being irate probably wouldn't be justified on my behalf.

InvisiblePrisoner#1
 User Gallery

#20902746 - 11/28/14 11:00 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Crystal G said:
Quote:

D.M.T said:

so you're saying that police brutality doesnt happen when they're on private
property belonging to the person in question. I was in an IHOP parking lot

OfflineCrystal G
I'm a teapot

#20902749 - 11/28/14 11:01 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Shroomslip said:
It's fine, I'm done too. Said exactly what I wanted to say. I do however love how you've cherry picked the parts you want to respond to me with though and never addressed my full posts.

Because there's no point in arguing world politics with somebody who doesn't understand or have any concept of world politics. Do you realize I would have to type up at least 50 pages worth of material to you to explain how everything works and why it is that way?

And even IF I typed up all that material, you probably wouldn't even read it anyway.

If I was a PhD student I just might, because I could use that material for publishment, but just to argue on the Shroomery, no.

OfflineD.M.T
Shroomery Contaminant
Female

#20902750 - 11/28/14 11:01 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Crystal G said:
Quote:

D.M.T said:
Chile by most accounts is a developed country or just at the brink of being developed. It would be disingenuous to say it is incomparable with Brazil and the US.

That's exactly what I said:

Quote:

Quote:

That is true, that Chile is more developed than all other South American countries, however I believe it is not fully considered developed yet. And you have to consider that Chile only RECENTLY developed, so they are still in the process.

I had to omit Brazil from that statement because I think Chile's copper industry might have put them well ahead.

The US has flourished for a while, but our humans rights are really only about 20 years ahead of Chile. That's being completely honest about the subject.

OfflineCrystal G
I'm a teapot

#20902761 - 11/28/14 11:04 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

D.M.T said:
I had to omit Brazil from that statement because I think Chile's copper industry might have put them well ahead.

The US has flourished for a while, but our humans rights are really only about 20 years ahead of Chile. That's being completely honest about the subject.

Yes. Hence why I sourced a link with the Chilean president saying that "He hopes Chile will become a fully 1st world nation by 2020."

Brazil is also pretty close, as is Argentina, but nowhere near as close as Chile.

Which brings me to a totally random question that I've had, and always wondered about: Howcome East Asian countries developed so quickly in comparison to South American countries?

The ROK (Republic of Korea) for example, turned into a 1st world country in only 6 years. SIX YEARS!!! Japan also had a similar experience just right around the tech bubble.

OfflineCrystal G
I'm a teapot

Re: What is wrong with the entire police system in America… (DISCUSS) [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #20902765 - 11/28/14 11:06 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Prisoner#1 said:
are you trying to say that I'm wealthy?

Yes… you're wealthy and you're…. "pale with rosy cheeks"…. like Pikachu…. :lolsy: and you also have a…. external genital anatomy.

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Loc: Maryland/DC Burbs
Re: What is wrong with the entire police system in America… (DISCUSS) [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #20902776 - 11/28/14 11:09 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Prisoner#1 said:
Quote:

Crystal G said:
Quote:

qman said:
I think the problem in the US is too much economic inequality combined with too much cultural diversity, it leads to social tensions.

I agree with you about the economic inequality, but disagree with you about the cultural diversity. Cultural diversity is what makes this country great; other countries such as Canada and Australia have great cultural diversity without nearly the same crime rates as the USA, primarily because the economic inequality isn't as great as America's.

you may want to rethink that. the US is 22 on the list of total crimes,
canada, australia and even the peaceful iceland, sweden, norway, etc...
are all ranking above the US on the crime index

http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/stats/Crime/Total-crimes-per-1000

Yeah, Iceland is peaceful. There were no murders for the most recent available year. What a shithole.

--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

OfflineShroomslip
Architekt
I'm a teapot User Gallery

#20902782 - 11/28/14 11:11 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Crystal G said:
Quote:

Shroomslip said:

Because there's no point in arguing world politics with somebody who doesn't understand or have any concept of world politics. Do you realize I would have to explain like at least 50 pages worth of material to you to explain how everything works and why it is that way?

And even IF I typed up all that material, you probably wouldn't even read it anyway.

If I was a PhD student I just might, because I could use that material for publishment, but just to argue on the Shroomery, no.

I understand you're cherry picking parts of my posts just because they suit your need for argument. Like the part about the defeatist attitude you left out. No I don't have intimate knowledge of world politics and I'm not afraid to admit it. I don't need to for the points I made however. You talk as if you want to change things for the better but when it comes to 2nd and 3rd world countries it's just beyond all hope of you ever doing anything about. You stand about as much of a chance of changing things there as you do here. You just want to argue and I was obliging you, until I realized the time I was spending on it was futile anyways. It's not the first internet debate I've been in where someone just picks and chooses what parts they want to respond to and omits the post as a whole to further their own arguments and it won't be the last.

So either way I'm done, and won't respond anymore. Go ahead and pick out the part of this post you want to argue and reply so you can feel like you got the last word (or don't and finally respond to the whole thing so you can look like you 'won' or whatever, doesn't matter to me).

--------------------
With my face against the floor I can’t see who knocked me out of the way.
I don’t want to get back up but I have to so it might as well be today.
Nothing appeals to me no one feels like me, I’m too busy being calm to disappear.
I’m in no shape to be alone contrary to the shit that you might hear.

You can't wake up, this is not a dream. You're part of a machine, you are not a human being
With your face all made up, living on a screen. Low on self esteem, so you run on gasoline

OfflineD.M.T
Shroomery Contaminant
Female

#20902784 - 11/28/14 11:12 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

East Asian culture was more compatible with Westernization. That's the simplistic version. For example when the French arrived in Paraguay to start a utopia the locals weren't having that shit, forcing the French northward. The Spanish and Portuguese had to eliminate local tribes and force their culture to get where they are today. East Asia was closed off but they were already more advanced and willing to trade so they were more prone to go in the way of the West as we didn't have to steal from them.

InvisiblePrisoner#1
 User Gallery

Re: What is wrong with the entire police system in America… (DISCUSS) [Re: koods]
    #20902785 - 11/28/14 11:12 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

koods said:
Quote:

Prisoner#1 said:
Quote:

Crystal G said:
Quote:

qman said:
I think the problem in the US is too much economic inequality combined with too much cultural diversity, it leads to social tensions.

I agree with you about the economic inequality, but disagree with you about the cultural diversity. Cultural diversity is what makes this country great; other countries such as Canada and Australia have great cultural diversity without nearly the same crime rates as the USA, primarily because the economic inequality isn't as great as America's.

you may want to rethink that. the US is 22 on the list of total crimes,
canada, australia and even the peaceful iceland, sweden, norway, etc...
are all ranking above the US on the crime index

http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/stats/Crime/Total-crimes-per-1000

Yeah, Iceland is peaceful. There were no murders for the most recent available year. What a shithole.

is murder the only crime

InvisiblePrisoner#1
 User Gallery

Re: What is wrong with the entire police system in America… (DISCUSS) [Re: Shroomslip]
    #20902793 - 11/28/14 11:14 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Shroomslip said:
I understand you're cherry picking parts of my posts just because they suit your need for argument.

she cherry picks everything

OfflineCrystal G
I'm a teapot

#20902797 - 11/28/14 11:14 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Fine Shroomism. I will respond to this other part of your post:

Quote:

Shroomslip said:
You bring up the fact that we have an actual judicial system and that is exactly why someone shouldn't resist. Everyone gets their day in court. Resisting only makes you look guilty and allows officers to use greater force than you are using to resist. So your own argument is exactly why that guy should have just rolled over and let it happen. It was going to happen one way or another, his resisting did jack shit to stop it. It only made things worse on him. You really want to stop police brutality? Tell guys like the one in the video to stop resisting and I bet you almost anything it would drop off dramatically.

Might I mention that "passive resistance" is commonly used by protesters. Ever heard of the 1960's? A common protesting tactic is to "make your body go limp" so that the officers will have to carry you back to the police car.

That is normally how "passive resistance" goes down. Not getting every single bone in your legs smashed to bits.

Everyone DOES get their day in court. Which is precisely why it's NOT UP TO THE POLICE to carry out "street justice."

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Loc: Maryland/DC Burbs
    #20902798 - 11/28/14 11:15 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Crystal G said:
Quote:

D.M.T said:

Yes. Hence why I sourced a link with the Chilean president saying that "He hopes Chile will become a fully 1st world nation by 2020."

Brazil is also pretty close, as is Argentina, but nowhere near as close as Chile.

Which brings me to a totally random question that I've had, and always wondered about: Howcome East Asian countries developed so quickly in comparison to South American countries?

The ROK (Republic of Korea) for example, turned into a 1st world country in only 6 years. SIX YEARS!!! Japan also had a similar experience just right around the tech bubble.

the Japanese occupied Korea for most of the first half of the 20th century and built up the infrastructure and manufacturing capabilities. The Japanese were a technological and industrial power long before World War 2, and they treated Korea somewhat as a colony.

--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

OfflineCrystal G
I'm a teapot

#20902806 - 11/28/14 11:17 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Prisoner#1 said:
is murder the only crime

In my original post, it should have been plainly obvious I was talking about police brutality, violent crime (in fact I specified violent crime in my original post), murders, as well as police-caused deaths. We are #1 in all those out of developed countries.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom