Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience >> Trip Reports

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineSeraph
ShroomiN'SeraphiM
Female

Loc: South Flordia
The shroomerys dosage calculator? and a trip report.
    #2089982 - 11/10/03 06:28 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

=Hope this is the right place for this, if not will a mod please move it to the appropriate forum=

I am curious as to how many people follow the advice of the dosage calculator. http://www.shroomery.org/index/par/12195

Species: P. Cubenesis Strain: PES Hawaiian
Last nite my boyfriend and i decided we would eat some of our freshly harvested mushroom. I consulted to caclulator for an estimated dosage for a lvl 2 trip... it came back with 9.*** grams. A level 3 trip would require double that amount, so we decided 9 grams each would be what we started with. That was all we needed as it turned out.

within 45 minutes i started to feel the effects of the mushrooms. I wasnt really expecting the trip i was in for. I expected a mellow trip but instead it was one of the most intense trips i have had so far. Lots of visuals and auditory hallucinations. We were watching Iron Chef while waiting for the shrooms to take effect, when all of the sudden the commentators voices would begin to sound like they were on different audio channels (like different speakers), it sounded as tho the voices would whisper when it was rather quite.
We were tripping so hard at the end of the hour we werent paying attention to who won the sea urchin battle. I laughed so hard many times i started to cry - which never happens. I became very confused and lost my train of thought numoerous times. In a dark room it seemed as tho my vision would zoom into things or things would zoom in towards me. and in a lit room i had colorful visuals and patterns appear.

My trip lasted from 700 (the time we ate) till 1030. 'It comes in waves' was all i could say to describe what i was feeling. there was sobriety and then there was what felt like hysteria (a good hysteria). i could will myself to sobriety and fell asleep almost immediatly afterwards once i felt like doing so. My boyfriend didnt start to peak till after i was asleep but said he was able to fall asleep even while tripping.

everytime i see a question about wet dosage people alway recommend at least 35gs... i am glad i didnt follow that advice cuz it would have been too much for me to handle.

Has anybody else had a similar experience with such a low dosage of mushrooms?

--------------------
(\(\
( -.-)
o_(")(")

~nicole

Edited by Seraph (11/10/03 06:54 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinewrestler_az
PsiLLy BiLLy
Male User Gallery Arcade Champion: Chopper Challenge

Loc: day dreams of a mad man
Re: The shroomerys dosage calculator? and a trip report. [Re: Seraph]
    #2090422 - 11/10/03 09:13 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

--------------------
how's your WOW?

Edited by yageman (04/20/06 4:20 PM) 

OfflineBluMonkee
keeper of thelittle people

Loc: Lookin' for an Incident
Re: The shroomerys dosage calculator? and a trip report. [Re: Seraph]
    #2090474 - 11/10/03 09:30 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

I watched the sea urchin battle last night too  :lol: :lol: I was too drunk to remember who won either  :crazy: sounds like you enjoyed your time though and as far as dosage calculators go, I believe you just have to be familiar with what you got and how it affects you, the most recent wild cubies I harvested, 1 dry gram was enough to enjoy yourself nicely and 2 would provide a nice ride  :wink: It's always different for everybody.   

--------------------
"If I don't see ya' in the future, I'll see ya' in the pasture"

OfflineMojoRisin
journeyman
Re: The shroomerys dosage calculator? and a trip report. [Re: BluMonkee]
    #2090568 - 11/10/03 10:07 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

yes... I had a very intense (mind fuck) trip this summer, on only 2 grams of dried cubensis. The dosage calculator told me i would be in for a level 2 or 3 depending on how much potency was lost. I tthink it was closer to level 4... trips depend more on potency than on quantity i think... but ive only tripped twice so maybe im just an idiot

Offlinedjd586
Underpants Gnome

Re: The shroomerys dosage calculator? and a trip report. [Re: MojoRisin]
    #2090746 - 11/10/03 11:17 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

The dosage calculator has always been able to give me a rough estimate on dosages. . .it is in no way an exact science. I used to use it as a rough estimate to get to the level I wanted but found that the dosages that I needed varied from batch to batch, from day to day, from empty to full stomach, etc. Everyone reacts differently to mushrooms. Perhaps your mushrooms are unusually potent. I know for myself, 9 gram fresh usually isn't enough to give me more then a slight body buzz. I usually consume upwards of 30 grams to achieve the experience I want, but others I know wouldn't dare take more then 15 fresh becuase they feel that the experience is much too intense.

Any how, glad to hear that you had fun. I know exactly what you mean when you say it comes in "waves." My trips always seem like that... I'll feel high, then a huge wave rushes over me then I seem even higher and this keeps on going till I peak. Then after I peak it seems as if the "water" gently recded back where it came from.

--------------------

Phase 1... collect underpants... phase 2...??? ... Phase 3 - PROFIT!

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience >> Trip Reports