Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinenubious
1up on the rest

Loc: Canada
Re: Dream Thread [Re: EnCHaNTeDHoBBiT]
    #2091384 - 11/11/03 03:11 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Nice post people!

I love lucid dreaming. I've been able to go lucid ever since I was a kid. It's mostly flying stuff - I'll be in some sort of danger or panic for some reason and I'll be able to take off...

I had this one dream where there were these Inner-city castles, somewhat gangs of new yorkish but with kings and queens and shit. There was this gang of people coming to attack our castle and at first I was fighting them off, but then this guy with a 10 foot saw steps out of the crowd and starts hacking at me with it, so I started to run. He starting chasing me, pretty fast, when my feet left the ground, but it wasn't quite fast enough. Being it a medeival setting, I thought about druidic shamans and without doubt I turned myself into a bird and flew to safety.. it was one of the coolest dreams I remember.

If you really want to lucid dream, try taking Nicoderm while sleeping. The vividness is increase making dreaming almost unsettling. After a few nightmares, I was reminded of what waking up scared in the middle of the night was, fully realising it just being a dream, but some sort of physical shock - nothing serious, just a weird feeling.

--------------------
No one knows the worth of innocence till he knows it is gone forever, and that money can't buy it back. Not the saint, but the sinner that repenteth, is he to whom the full length and breadth, and height and depth, of life's meaning is revealed. Good and evil loose all objective meaning and are seen as equally necessary and contrasting elements in the masterpiece that is the universe.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: Dream Thread [Re: soylent_green]
    #2091406 - 11/11/03 03:18 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

soylent_green said:
then he came back into the store wearing this silly abe linkin mask 

Hehe, I knew that fucking band would effect more than just the state of metal...  :mad2:  :shake:
Peace.

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

InvisibleTrueBrode
Stranger

Re: Dream Thread [Re: nubious]
    #2097857 - 11/12/03 03:37 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Does anybody have psychic dreams, not precognitive where you dream of a day and it happens just as you dreamed it, but where certain elements of your dreams end up coming true somehow in real life. Before the past six months I only had maybe two in my life, at least that I could remember. Now I'm having about 1-2 a month.

Here are just a couple recent ones for example. I had one in which I was having phone trouble. Then the next day I woke up and my phone was dead for three days. I had one that my friend's roommate was jumped and beat up. Then I found out his old roommate was jumped, beat up and in the hospital. I know skeptics would say I picked those things up subconsciously, but I thought it over many times, and there is no way I could have encountered anything that my subconscious mind may have picked up to predict those things.

My dreams are always full of extremely random occurrences (though grounded in everyday events), of which I have no control- I?m kind of like a hollow vessel just experiencing the events with detachment, even with emotions, I don?t really feel them as if I?m living them. I guess that sounds kind of convoluted, but that is the only way I can describe them. My subconscious completely takes over and plays out these weird scenarios. I am thinking maybe our subconscious holds parts of our futures too, and that is why some of these future events are being incorporated into my dreams. Has anybody ever heard of anything like that?

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
Re: Dream Thread [Re: EnCHaNTeDHoBBiT]
    #2098454 - 11/12/03 06:29 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

EnCHaNTeDHoBBiT said:
Another type of dream that reoccurs often for me are dark dreams. Like scorpions, snakes and spiders. Although I know society is responsible for my views on these creatures, I also sense a darkness that radiates all around them. You know that sense that we have that tells us when something is evil or wrong, well that's what I get in these dreams towards these creatures. Recently the scorpion bit me and I almost died. Other dreams spiders or snakes have bit me but I never died. I believe if I had died in a dream that something would occur in my waking life. Does anyone else constantly dream of these creatures? I hardly ever see them on TV or even think about them. Could this be some sort of inner alarm system? Signs of Bad things to come? I sure hope not.

The spiders and creepy creatures could represent an inner fear you have and hold on to.

Quote:

trendal said:
After a few minutes of speech, the Judge stood up very straight and said in a loud commanding voice "AND I CONDEMN YOU TO BE THE LAST PERSON ON EARTH!" and points towards me. Before I know what's happening, everyone around me promptly commits suicide and drops to the ground.

I stood, completely shocked, and stared at all the bodies around me. It was at this point that I woke up yelling.

Anyone have any ideas?

I've got one.. it could mean a couple things.. though I'm not sure. Maybe it was your subconscious' way of telling you to gain a new perspective of sorts.. perhaps it was you feeling alone and isolated.. I don't know man..that's a tough one to interpret. It helps to look at the things that were occuring in your life at the time of the dream.

--------------------

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Re: Dream Thread [Re: TrueBrode]
    #2098487 - 11/12/03 06:37 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

TrueBrode said:
Does anybody have psychic dreams, not precognitive where you dream of a day and it happens just as you dreamed it, but where certain elements of your dreams end up coming true somehow in real life. Before the past six months I only had maybe two in my life, at least that I could remember. Now I'm having about 1-2 a month.

I've had several of these that I can remember. The first major one was when I was 6 or 7. I had a dream that I was with this one cousin of mine (who I was very close with), we were walking in the woods and all of a sudden a bunch of ninjas jumped out of the trees and started shooting at us. One of them hit her in the left arm and she went down. I ran out of the woods and into a plain where I was chased by a faceless monster to the edge of a cliff where I woke up.
Two weeks later, in real life.. the same cousin from that dream was having a soccer game. I was there watching, when someone tripped her and she went down hard on her left arm, and it was broken at the exact spot I saw her shot in my dream.

I have had many dreams of detailed conversations, situations, etc.. that happen in real life later on, exactly as they did in the dream.

Quote:

My dreams are always full of extremely random occurrences (though grounded in everyday events), of which I have no control- I?m kind of like a hollow vessel just experiencing the events with, even with emotions, I don?t really feel them as if I?m living them. I guess that sounds kind of convoluted, but that is the only way I can describe them. My subconscious completely takes over and plays out these weird scenarios. I am thinking maybe our subconscious holds parts of our futures too, and that is why some of these future events are being incorporated into my dreams. Has anybody ever heard of anything like that?

The subconscious contains all our memories and experiences, and is the dream controller. When you have issues going on in real life, the subconscious will often use dreams as a method of dealing with them/working/figuring them out, and will often appear to you as a very abstract and random series of images and situations. The key is to analyze them from an objective perspective, and not take things so literally. The subconscious will often use images, symbols, etc..to represent certain things that you repress, or are unsure about/fear. It does indeed hold parts of the future, as your thoughts create your reality.. and the subconscious is the center of our thoughts.

--------------------

OfflineHATU
Gonzo Reporter

Re: Dream Thread [Re: Shroomism]
    #2098724 - 11/12/03 07:34 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Are you referring to Jung and archetypes?

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Re: Dream Thread [Re: HATU]
    #2098738 - 11/12/03 07:37 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Not to my knowledge, I know little to nothing of Jung and his archetypes. From what I have read, I agree with some of his conceptions of the dream state, but not all.

--------------------

OfflineHATU
Gonzo Reporter

#2098765 - 11/12/03 07:43 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

What you were saying is very similar to his theory about dreams.

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
    #2098792 - 11/12/03 07:47 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

And who says synchronicity doesn't exist :smirk:

--------------------

OfflineHATU
Gonzo Reporter

#2098797 - 11/12/03 07:48 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Plato said that none of us learn anything, we already know everything that anyone has ever known and we are only reminded of things by teachers and things we read. Jung called it the collective unconscious. But, as far as the archetypes go dreams are more about symbols and seeing people, places, and things for how they relate to your life. Your unconscious is infinitely more intelligent then you when your awake, it's just a way to listen to what it's telling you.

InvisibleZero7a1
Leaving YourWasteland

Loc: Passing Cloud
    #2128254 - 11/21/03 07:33 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Dead dreams: 1-2 nights ago

I remember running down this dirt road that accompanied these hills in mountains that i dont know of... So i was running down, and there were these holes in the road with all these dead trees. I started throwing fire inside all of the pits catching the dead trees on fires everywhere... then i ended up in another valley that was raining, there was mud everywhere, and i got this sick feeling in my stomach. I stayed next to the hill cause thats where the harder ground layed. And i passed this construction worker who was working on the road, but his feet were halfway in the mud... and i noticed i could go down this road no further, im guessing i was runnign from the fires i started, but the rain thing made it all unequal, and i asked him... how can i get back? Which places are solid? That ground doesnt look to good. He replied... stay to the right on your way back... and follow this mud.. and he pointed to where i was standing. He then said, dont step there though, thats verrry muddy, i died there once.

and so today i was looking at cnn.com and i saw an article about this construction worker who had been killed a day ago in the rains that had swept through the area, he had been working underneath a road in west virginia. The waters had risen and caused his death. I think it was that rainstorm that hit my hometown... and i remember letting so much stuff go as i was rained on when i left school on monday, it was only sprinkling as soon as i stepped out... it started pouring.

I just thought it was strange... it gave me those vibes i get when i encounter death in my dreams,im almost always conversing with strange things and people... zombies... me dont know

--------------------
What?

Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
    #2290618 - 01/31/04 08:39 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

i had a dream and it was so vivid
I wrote it down as soon as i woke up and now I'm copying it here, and adding a couple of things :smile:

i felt myself being thrusted into a black screen, but if I looked at the screen long enough, visuals started to come in.  and this was the weird thing, the screen wasn't 3d as I wasn't 3d, like everything was just one big screen, and I was kinda thrusted into what was happening on it.

while I was being thrusted as such, I heard a really loud hissing sound. it was deafening acutally. and the other thing is I felt disoriented.  lke I was spinning, but my view was such that it told me I wasn't, but I felt that way.

once I got through the picture, I was in a room, all white, I couldn't see the end of anything.  was it even a room?  like I wasn't even standing on anything, I was just there. nothing else.  I was like wtf?  and then I woke up.

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.

OfflineDreamer987
The VerbalHerman Munster
Female

Loc: Texas
    #2290927 - 02/01/04 12:16 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Shit, I used to really focus on exploring dreaming, specificly lucid, but as of lately i'v just been letting shit flow not trying to manipulate or even rember them much.
Mabey i'm just lazy, but i had a dream sometime back:
I used to always watch 3rd rock from the sun before bed and frequently the charachters were incorporated into my dreams. One night i think it was after i watched the dream oriented episode were they dream for the first time and think they are going crazy.
anyway the show started off and tommy introduced the family to marijuana. They soon had they'r whole house filled with bud plants wall to wall. but at the end of the episode they all died. At the end they were sitting on they'r roof, smoking contemplativly out of phat heady bongs and sherlocks. Wondering why they'r crop had failed. And dick gave some crazy complicated explanation about cross pollinating and clones and shit that i didn't understand

--------------------

OfflineNiamhNyx
I'm NOT a 'he'
Female User Gallery

#2291018 - 02/01/04 01:44 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I had a dream that I was living in this apartment building, and there was this lush meadow between my building and another one of the same design. I was hanging laundry and I didn't have enough room so I went to the other apartment building and started hanging it on wires along the front of the building. I walked along, hanging, then looked into someone's apartment and noticed a woman standing at the sliding glass door naked. She was young, black, and it occured to me that her name was Eve. I asked Eve why she was naked and she said "I am woman." I was really suprised by the response but it made me really happy. I smiled, and turned back across the meadow with my empty laundry basket. On the way back I interacted with the plant and animal life more directly than I had on the way there.

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: Dream Thread [Re: Dreamer987]
    #2291299 - 02/01/04 06:50 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Yeah, characters of shows I watch end up showing up in my dreams... it takes forever for my dreams to adjust to where I am at in my life, but yet television shows always end up in them right away... it scares me somewhat. Superman, Fresh Prince of Bel Air, Friends, even The Simpsons occasionally (doesn't really translate into dreams well, of course...)... all sorts of crazy shit.

I had a really insane dream that I repressed and just remembered the other day.. It scares the hell out of me, because the image was really strong..: I was in the kitchen, and the cutting board was pulled out.. it was me standing next to it. However, there was a frozen and completely blue baby on the board, and it was also understood that it was ME as well.. I don't know how it ended up like that or what happened afterwards, but the image is there and I feel sick to my stomach just thinking about it... I am really interested in knowing what it means, but I tend to not think about it much... *shudders*

Last night was yet another dream involving all sorts of fucking people from school.. once again I woke up thinking I was in Wisconsin and shit... :frown: School is going to haunt me for the rest of my days, apparently. :mad:
Peace.

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Invisibletruekimbo2
Cya later, friends.
Male User Gallery

Loc: ny Flag
Re: Dream Thread [Re: fireworks_god]
    #2291911 - 02/01/04 02:23 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

i have lots of dreams which continue of long periods of time. i don't know what they mean.

one in particular i've had about 4-5 times, and every time i'll try and reach the "end" of the dream by doing something differnt.

these dreams always eventually become lucid. what does it mean when you have consistent lucid dreams that continue? they're usually random, full of poeple i don't know and wierd situations that don't appear to mean anything.

--------------------
You can check the last post in my journal for contact info.

OfflineIamHungry
Stranger
Re: Dream Thread [Re: truekimbo2]
    #2292060 - 02/01/04 03:52 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

i had a crazy dream last night, and i woke up and typed it out on my laptop. then i woke up for real. it just seems kinda weird how i remember remembering my dream and writing it, but i never actually wrote it down.

--------------------
Here comes the sun, do n do do,
Here comes the sun, and I say,
It's alright...

OfflineIamHungry
Stranger
Re: Dream Thread [Re: fireworks_god]
    #2292067 - 02/01/04 04:01 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

i met ned flanders in a dream one time. he was a real person, not a cartoon.

--------------------
Here comes the sun, do n do do,
Here comes the sun, and I say,
It's alright...

Invisibleeric_the_redS
Trans-male User Gallery

Loc: happy land
    #2292394 - 02/01/04 07:07 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

--------------------
Anno cock? is that some kind of Greek liqueur? -Geo's All Knowing Sex Slave

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #2293164 - 02/02/04 02:12 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

My favorite dream was back when I was probably around 11 or 12 years old:

My dad and I are walking into the local ice-cream shop... We enter and suddenly the whole place turns into ice-cream!!! The walls started dripping and leaning over, the ceiling was sagging down fast.. ICE CREAM!! EVERYWHERE! even the floor was ice-cream and it was hard to move quickly - but I had to act fast; after all, I didn't want to drown in ice-cream! So I dove through the thin wall of ice-cream that had previously been the large window near the enterance to the ice-cream place. I landed on concrete outside, dazed momentarily, and stood up. There was glass all over the ground outside and no ice-cream anywhere to be found except inside where it belongs. I'd just jumped through the window of the ice-cream place, and my dad was PISSED. He yelled "What are you DOING?!" as if I were completely insane (hmm..) and I woke up :smile:

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates