Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisiblegoobler
Reanimated
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Dream Thread [Re: goob]
    #3297183 - 10/30/04 11:33 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I thought you were a bad dream.....doppleganger

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinegoob
Sleepy

Re: Dream Thread [Re: goobler]
    #3304267 - 11/01/04 10:20 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Boo!

Edited by goob (11/08/04 12:56 PM)

InvisibleCherryBomM
Yoga Gypsy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Ontario
Re: Dream Thread [Re: relativexistance]
    #3304291 - 11/01/04 10:33 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

relativexistance said:
I have had this one recurring dream that is somewhat disturbing.I had less than a week ago and have had it several times before where for no reason I notice one of my teeth is loose. It starts wiggling and falls out. Then another one falls out. Then I spit a whole cluster of teeth out into my palm and am like wtf.I start freaking out trying to contact a dentist so he can pop my teeth back in, but I have no luck and I am left toothless.

I don't know if that is stress related. I think it has something to do with communication. Your mouth is your key tool in communicating (and your eyes), but your mouth is falling apart so to speak... maybe you're not telling someone all that they need to know?

--------------------

Offlinedeafpanda
Stranger
Loc: Inguland
Re: Dream Thread [Re: CherryBom]
    #3304435 - 11/01/04 11:30 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I think that dreams may have some sort of meaning but I also think that any attempt to find it is likely to fail.

Invisibletak
geo's henchman
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: nowhereland
Re: Dream Thread [Re: deafpanda]
    #3305884 - 11/01/04 05:19 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I can hardly remember my dreams anymore. I feel like I do not dream, except somewhere in my day I can sometimes trigger my subconscious to remember.

Anyways, last night I had a dream that I remember quite clear.

I won the lottery, right when I found out, i looked into the sky and saw a shooting star. WOW! I then made a wish for humanity to come to peace with eachother, and have heaven dawn on earth...next thing I knew I was flying around with my girlfriend with the most intense sensual feeling i have ever felt, watching as the whole world just started running perfectly. That was last night, and today i bought 10 quick picks! woooo wooooo

--------------------
The DJ's took pills to stay awake and play for seven days.

Invisibletak
geo's henchman
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: nowhereland
Re: Dream Thread [Re: tak]
    #3305914 - 11/01/04 05:26 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

oh god, i had another really cool dream that i just relized, i wish i could remember it completely and somehow translate insanity into text on my computer, but i will say i needed flash lights, and there happend to be a table with about 50,000 of them right there, how convinient!

peace 2 u all

--------------------
The DJ's took pills to stay awake and play for seven days.

Offlinesublime33
Drummer

Re: Dream Thread [Re: tak]
    #3311605 - 11/02/04 09:11 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

last night i had a dream where i was in my room and there was this beautiful girl downstairs, so i tried to get her to come upstairs, but it seemed she was very pre occupied with someting, i didnt know what. so i went downstairs and i walked into my kitchen and my sister was dead on the floor. i looked at the girl and she didnt say anything, i went and sat down on my chair and tried to think, and when i turned around the girl wasnt there, so i went outside to see if she ran away but i couldnt find her.

anyone have any clue what this means?

--------------------
Die first, get it out of the way.

Offlinedeff
just love everyone
 User Gallery

Loc: clarity Flag
Re: Dream Thread [Re: sublime33]
    #3311691 - 11/02/04 09:29 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Must have been a crazy dream :smile:

My very amateur interpretation (and my first ever) would be that this is symbolizing some guilt you feel towards your sister, or a burden that has been placed on you related to her. Either, it was not your fault (the girl) but you were blamed, or that it was your fault and you are looking for someone else to blame.

Very crappy interpretation. Probably doesn't work for you at all :smile:. The best interpretations are the ones you make - as you understand your subconscious as well as past events the best :smile:

--------------------

Offlinesublime33
Drummer

Re: Dream Thread [Re: deff]
    #3321326 - 11/04/04 06:45 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

that does sound good, thank you very much

--------------------
Die first, get it out of the way.

InvisibleNariusFractal
Sat Chit Ananda
 User Gallery

Loc: USA
Re: Dream Thread [Re: sublime33]
    #3328473 - 11/06/04 06:39 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Ok, I've thought about sharing this dream for some time, but haven't. Here goes.

Once upon a time, I was entering the 4th grade. That year, while on the bus, I related a dream to my best friend and next door neighbor -- M,T.

M.T. was a close friend, and I, being the good Christian that I was raised to be, set out on a crusade to save all my friends. MT was my first target.

So that paragraph sets the stage for what is to happen. Despite how sinister it sounds, the mission was not like the Crusades. It was a sincere effort to share religion and spread salvation. I had pure intentions at that age, knowing only one reality.

So I am sharing church and Bible with MT for a few years, and one night I have a dream. All this build up was to explain why I only shared this dream once, and why to provide a context for it.

Well, in this dream, I was in my room during the day, enjoying my life. In an instant, I heard a trumpet. These trumpets immediately made me think of the trumpets soundin during the rapture. As a fundamentalist christian at the time, I knew exactly what was going on.

I ran outside and saw Jesus in the air. I immediately felt his presence. This is where the dream gets weird. I was 9 years old at the time, and I had never done any drugs.

I immediately felt a feeling of ecstacy. I was in the presence of the Lord, this was what heaven was all about. The feeling was like an immense euphoria in my brain. HOwever, it wasn't about my brain, it was me, my spirit, my soul, my emotions and essence, all feeling euphoria.

Later on, about 11 years in fact, I experienced the closest feeling to this dream feeling in my waking life while under the influence of MDMA. A year after that, I rediscovered that nostalgic feeling of childhood coupled with the understanding of my pure being, while on a high dose of psylocibin cubensis.

--------------------
You are the microcosm of the macrocosm.

Edited by sheister (11/06/04 06:43 PM)

Offlineskystone
stop the motion
Loc: state,country,etc.
Re: Dream Thread [Re: NariusFractal]
    #3332730 - 11/08/04 09:37 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Hi everyone I'm new here..

I have a strange repeating dream, and I would like your opinion
on what is it, or does it mean anything, or what can cause it, or do anyone else have similar dreams...

Actually it is not the dream that is repeating itself, but one element. I dream normaly, different scenarios, different places and people. But the thing that keeps repeating is floating.
It does not happen every night, but about every 3-4 nights in avarage.

The feeling is so real, sort of like when you are in a pool of watter and start floating. The first time I experienced was a few years ago, but it is more frequent now then it was then.

I remember one specific dream a few months ago was spectacular.
I was in the nightime streets of my neighbourhood and I would
just make thes jumps that were very slow and moonlike. Sort of like walking on moon. At first my fear of height was active and I wouldn't dare to take long jumps, but later on I kept flying higher and higher
and bouncing myself from the walls of bouldings.
The whole time I still felt the subtle fear of height, but the sensation was overwhelming.
It was like in some computer game or something.
And every time I dream it I have that feeling like I have discovered something, and how stupid I was before.

The last time I dreamed this was this morning, I was runing away from someone, but I wasn't afraid of them because I could fly and play around in the air, and nobody could catch me by walking or runing.

And there is another odd thing about it. I reminds me of something.
I can't put my finger on it, but it feels so formiliar and natural.
The closes thing is of course watter, but it's not the same at all.
It looks like walking on moon, but of course I have never experienced low gravity. It's like I've done it before, but I haven't.
And the dream are usually so real and "linear" and I think and act like when I am awake, well exept for the flying thing :smile:

Now is my subconsciousness trying to tell me something? Or it is something more profound?

--------------------
"..and suddenly it began to rain"

InvisibleJellric
altered statesman

Loc: non-local
Re: Dream Thread [Re: skystone]
    #3335567 - 11/08/04 11:58 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

And there is another odd thing about it. [it] reminds me of something.
I can't put my finger on it, but it feels so formiliar and natural.

Strangely familiar eh?  :grin:

The closes thing is of course watter, but it's not the same at all.
It looks like walking on moon, but of course I have never experienced low gravity. It's like I've done it before, but I haven't.

The reason it is strangely familiar is because moving by thought alone is the chief mode of transportation in the afterlife, my friend. That's why you feel you've done it before. You did, but not while incarnate on planet Earth. You and everyone you know have always existed and will never cease to exist. Before you were born you moved about in this way and when your spirit is free to roam at night you rediscover some of that. It's very liberating is it not? :smile:

--------------------
I AM what Willis was talkin' bout.

Offlineskystone
stop the motion
Loc: state,country,etc.
Re: Dream Thread [Re: Jellric]
    #3336182 - 11/09/04 06:52 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Yes, it's the most liberating thing I have felt.

I belive in all the stuff about the eternity of soul and afterlife, but of course I can't be sure that my dreams have anything to do with it. But it's a nice theory.
I mean I buy it, but only fools are certain, well at least in this dimension.

thanks for your thoughts

--------------------
"..and suddenly it began to rain"

Offlineballs
thats right
Loc: Ontario, Canada
Re: Dream Thread [Re: skystone]
    #3346305 - 11/11/04 11:24 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

This is a question for Shroomism. I have recently found out that lucid dreaming is actually sort of an art. I never though in my whole life that with practise I could totally control what and how I could dream. I have done some reading, and found out that by relaxing and clearing your mind before you sleep and focusing on dreaming, that you can have a lucid dream. Iv dreamed lucid dreams where I knew I was dreaming, and I remembered all that I dreamed, but now those days are gone and I dont have those dreams anymore. Will they come back with practise? From your own experiance do you have any good tips that I could find useful?

InvisibleKOPELANDIAA
Stranger
Loc: under a pine
Re: Dream Thread [Re: balls]
    #3347378 - 11/11/04 03:14 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

The floating feeling may be related to out of body movements...
I always had those dreams of flying and since i lived in Japan those dreams have been replaced by earthquakes dreams...now i am returning to France soon and the flying dreams came back...

OfflineJacquesCousteau
Being.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Everywhere, Everytime.
Re: Dream Thread [Re: KOPELANDIAA]
    #3347468 - 11/11/04 03:30 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I've got a question for anyone who's good at lucidity.

See.. lately I've been thinking about lucid dreaming a lot, but still find myself trapped inside an ego-automation whenever I'm in a dream. Like.. I'll wake up after and be aware of the fact that I was acting like a robot in the dream.

Anyway... last night I had this PERSISTING dream. I woke up 4 times, and every time i went back to sleep I was forced back into the same dream, even though I didn't want to be.

The dream was of a routine marijuana bust, basically. Me being the criminal in question. I had smoked randomly on a hillside next to a parking lot; fully aware of the fact that there was a girl and her mom in a car fairly nearby. I just didn't really care at the moment, for whatever reason.

Anyway, after I smoked I got in my car. After a few minutes, a cop knocked on my window and made some suspect comments. Luckily, I had stuffed the bowl and pot under my seat right when I saw him coming.

So here's the weird part.. I tell him that he's got nothing on me, basically, and I woke myself up.

So I'm lying in bed, saying to myself "Okay, I'm gonna try not to dream THAT again, because that's not one of my favorite scenarios..."

Back to sleep I go... bam, right back where i left off. This time, a female cop instead of a male cop. I tell her again that they have nothing on me, and she pulls out the bowl (from her pocket) that I had just stuffed under my seat.

I say, "That's not mine." and she kind of fidgets some more, like she knows she can't bust me because she didn't take it from me.

I wake up again.

Once again, I try to NOT dream that again.

Back to sleep I go... BAM, RIGHT back into the same dream. The cops are having a little huddle some distance from my car... I take the opportunity to hide the roach sitting in my ashtray (in a very obvious spot, that for some reason they didn't see...) and to dig burnt bud-remains out of my ashtray.

As I'm doing so, ANOTHER male cop pops up at my window and goes "AHAH!"

I wake up again.

I tell myself, while lying in bed, "Okay, if I go back into that dream, I will KNOW I'm dreaming, and I will fly through the roof of the car and away from the scenario."

Back to sleep I go.. BAM, back in the same fuckin' dream.

Right away, I remember what I planned, and I try to fly through the roof. I feel as if it is working.. I start to go through the roof, but I can feel the seatbelt holding me down!

I wake up again.. and did not go back into that same dream again upon falling asleep.

--

Now.. this is really weird. It's like I was lucid, but still forcing myself to adhere to the dream world's physics.

The other thing that was REALLY strange about these dreams (and all the other ones I've had the last couple nights, I might add) is that they don't FEEL like dreams. They feel like a parallel dimension or something. Too.. REAL, for lack of better words.

--

Now.. my question, for those good at lucidity, is this: Why is it that, even when I seem to be lucid, I'm still unable to control the situation?

I mean, I went back into that dream KNOWING that I was dreaming and that I could fly through the roof of the car and away from the cops if I wanted to... then I tried, SUCCEEDED, but was held back by the fuckin' seatbelt? What the fuck?

This was one of the strangest series of dreams I've ever had... maybe only paling in comparison to the other dreams I had last night. (But that's a whole different story.)

Edit: To further elaborate on the "robot" comment.. everything I do in my dreams feels like a reflex.. a reaction. An instinct. Almost panicked, even. Like when I went to fly through the roof.. it was as if it was a gut reaction out of fear of the idea of being arrested--EVEN THOUGH I knew it was a dream and that I wasn't really being arrested.

In the movie "Waking Life", a comment is made, something about how everyone is either sleep-walking through life, or dream-walking through their dreams.

This struck a chord with me, because I consider myself to be a fairly aware person during my waking hours.. but in my dreams, I find myself robotic.. egoic.. like I'm just flailing, trying to get away from whatever it is that I seem to need to get away from at the time.

In real life, faced with an uneasy situation, I tend to sit and think on it, and try to come to a logical conclusion. In my dreams, I just react. I run.. I escape.. I just get away. Like a robot, I have no thought.. I just react.

It's fuckin' weird.. but it relates strongly to that statement made in Waking Life.. because I feel as if I don't sleep-walk through my waking hours, but I definitely seem to sleep-walk through my dreams, in a way.

Can anyone else relate to what I'm describing?

How about anyone who might have overcome such obstacles?

I really want to learn how to have more awareness in my dreams so that I can think to myself, "This is just a dream. There's no need to panic. Think it through logically, then act." but it just doesn't HAPPEN. I always just panic, react, flail.

InvisibleKOPELANDIAA
Stranger
Re: Dream Thread [Re: JacquesCousteau]
    #3347528 - 11/11/04 03:40 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

That means : don't go to smoke on a hillside next to a parking lot !
:muppet:

OfflineJacquesCousteau
Being.
Male User Gallery

#3347587 - 11/11/04 03:50 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Y..eah.

I wasn't looking for interpretation of meaning... I find that pretty pointless, actually.

I think the only practical application of reading other peoples' dreams is to help them to understand how they can better perform IN those dreams.. if that makes any sense.

That's why I asked questions specifically of lucidity and why I couldn't seem to be fully lucid despite being aware of my dreaming state...

Not really interested in interpretations, heh.

but um.. I think you were kidding anyway, so carry on.  :crazy:

InvisibleKOPELANDIAA
Stranger
Re: Dream Thread [Re: JacquesCousteau]
    #3349064 - 11/11/04 09:37 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

hehe yes i was kidding !
There maybe some different degrees of consciousness in the dream state. Maybe you weren't totally conscious despite the fact that you felt in control. Next time take some time before venturing in the dream clap your hands firmly and say to yourself loud: conscious ! It worked for me !

OfflineJacquesCousteau
Being.
Male User Gallery

#3352336 - 11/12/04 03:16 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I will give it a shot...

upon some further deliberation, I've decided that I essentially "pre-programmed my ego" to "know" that I was capable of flying through the roof of the car, but failed to actually bring the conscious state of thinking it into the dream.

I concluded this based on the fact that, although I "knew" I could escape if I wanted to, I still had a gut reaction to the cop popping up and going "ahah!" which made me reflexually attempt to fly through the roof of the car.

In the heat of the moment, I still reacted in a panicked way, as if I felt truly threatened by the situation. But in actuality, if I was truly lucid, I should have "known," even in that moment, that it was a dream and therefore the man at the window was no threat to me.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order