Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Boomr Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineYerow
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: First grow, just wanted to share, thx for any feedback [Re: kelekotya]
    #20907448 - 11/30/14 09:03 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

:herpyderp:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinesiko887
Broke
Male

Loc: Ontario, Canada
    #20907453 - 11/30/14 09:04 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Was a very serious question. We all frown upon growing in unwilling participants houses. Think of the legal problems they could face if you were caught. You should put off your grow until you have a place of your own. And everyone here will say the same.

--------------------
I don't suffer from insanity, I actually rather enjoy it.

Offlinemoricz
Inky Cap Cultivator
 User Gallery

Loc: EU
Trusted Cultivator
Re: First grow, just wanted to share, thx for any feedback [Re: siko887]
    #20907557 - 11/30/14 09:36 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Case properly those grain jars

you can make an old trick like a mini sgfc

• Get 2 pieces five liter plastic bottle, like distilled water bottles for cars and cut down the top so you can place the jar inside
  • Get some perlite for the bottom and wet it properly
  • Punch 0,5 cm holes of some into, you can stuff with polyfil or something but loose
  • Stuff the neck with some polyfil, or some clean clothes very tight

Hang a Little LED lamp into the cupboard
Spray as needed
Wait
Happy Xmas...

Otherwise I PREFER monotub
But suggest this for next time

Oh man, that high school years :laugh:

OfflinePudgy
Fail-2-Win

Re: First grow, just wanted to share, thx for any feedback [Re: moricz]
    #20907599 - 11/30/14 09:48 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

I won't say the same... Do your thing bro. If you're keeping it private, it's not effecting their life -- they shouldn't have shit to say about it. That's my philosophy, it's how we all grow but the public/neighbors never know, it doesn't hurt them. If you go running into their house on shrooms and eat their furniture.. Pretty sure they'll be upset. But if you grow and trip in your privacy, they'll never be upset. Do your thing!

As for fruiting those two jars, the easiest method to me, is to grate them up into a tupperware container. You should tape a bag inside the container as a liner because the mycelium will shrink when it consolidates and begins to eat the nutes. If the bag wasn't present and the cake shrunk, it would pin on every side (this is happening to me right now!) and it kind of sucks.

So after it colonizes, mod the lid for some FAE, like some small holes or keep the lid cracked or offset a bit. You'll get fruits.

Maddchef did it, Cronicr did it in like a party bucket, he grew a psych feast fit for 12 kings dude it's awesome. Tons of people have done it, including me a total newb.

--------------------
How To Use The Search Function

Edited by Pudgy (11/30/14 09:51 AM)

Offlinekelekotya
Stranger

Re: First grow, just wanted to share, thx for any feedback [Re: siko887]
    #20907617 - 11/30/14 09:56 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Shit, I should pay attention, I did a ninja edit after you've already answered, didn't see your answer yet, though.  :stoned2:

Right, what you're saying is reasonable, I do agree in principle, but to judge the actual circumstances and environment, well that's just going to be something that only I can do.

When you think about this though, please don't be judgemental, I feel like I'm suddenly reduced to a dumb 17-year-old who's never done psychedelics, and is too ignorant not to get his folks in trouble. I know that's probably pretty common and I know some kids like that, but rest assured, it is far from the case.

For the sake of good vibes let's say I moved everything to a more secure place that only I have access to. From now on, when I'm referring to anything regarding this subject, I'll be referring to this new, secure place.

By the way, if you have any constructive(not trying to be an ass, just emphasizing) suggestions for safety, privacy, anonymity, encryption and such, either in real life or on the web, please do share.

:mushroom2: :cool:

Edited by kelekotya (11/30/14 10:29 AM)

OfflinePudgy
Fail-2-Win

#20907627 - 11/30/14 09:59 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

I hope I wasn't rude man. I figured you had roommates, that's the impression I got. I didn't mean to offend! :smile:

--------------------

Offlinekelekotya
Stranger

Re: First grow, just wanted to share, thx for any feedback [Re: Pudgy]
    #20907692 - 11/30/14 10:20 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Oh no, don't worry, you were the nicest! :thumbup: :grin: :thumbup:

It was a reply to siko887. :tongue2:

Thanks for the tips! So I'm guessing the tupperware container would act as a small monotub basically, but isn't the size of the bin essential for the monotub to have proper humidity levels? If they'll grow and be healthy, I'll go for it, I just don't want to fuck it up. :stoned: edit: maaaybeee some kind of mono/shotgun hybrid version - using perlite to compensate for the lesser humidity in a smaller bin, and having a computer fan running in the back of the closet for GE/FAE?

So in theory, how much substrate would I need for the 2 quarts of spawn? I think I might have a bin that's high enough but not too big and maybe could work. I have cow manure, coco and verm.

If this thing works, by the time I get my first fruits, I'll have the new jars ready for a full monotub grow!

Edited by kelekotya (11/30/14 10:25 AM)

OfflinePudgy
Fail-2-Win

#20907769 - 11/30/14 10:40 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/20696560/vc/1#20696560

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/20814118

It'll work :smile:

I've got an awesome pinset coming in on my tray and I'm not even using light lol.

--------------------

Offlinekelekotya
Stranger

#20907863 - 11/30/14 11:07 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Wow, cool, man!!
I still don't understand how it's gonna have 95%+ humidity, without holes or any kind of preparation of the bin itself, but I believe the pictures so I'll def try it :cool: Thanks for being nice and helpful! :smirk: :mushroom2: :sporedrop:

I checked I have a nice sturdy 5-quart rubbermaid tupperware bin. It's like 8 inches high maybe. That'll do I guess! I'm prepping everything tomorrow, and we'll see how it goes. Maybe two bins and one jar for each will give me some nicer yield.

Edited by kelekotya (11/30/14 12:28 PM)

OfflinePudgy
Fail-2-Win

#20908562 - 11/30/14 02:43 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

I see a lot of numbers floating around like 95% this and that. I'm not saying it's not true, all I know is in a tiny little container with limited FAE there is bound to be humidity.

When I was little I would hide under my blanket from the monsters... But then, after about 5 minutes the air was thick with my stank breath. I'd have to decide... Face the possibility of monsters discovering me in my bed OR breath fresh clean non-humid air. I basically always chose to breath clean air lol.

So without any science other than that, I basically put my mycelium in a tiny tupperware container, lid it and if they look okay I roll with it.

I say roll with the punches and let the mycelium tell you how it's feeling. If you don't know post pics and we'll all come flooding to help you man! :thumbup:

--------------------

OfflinetaGyo
Strainiac/AMU
Male User Gallery

Loc: Journal Land Flag
    #20908876 - 11/30/14 03:56 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

--------------------
Gyo's Better Grows
TNF Q&A :rockon:
AMU Q&A

Dominus fortunae meae sum

Offlinekelekotya
Stranger

#20909093 - 11/30/14 04:49 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

All right. I see what you're saying.

I just checked the bin I'm planning to use, and the see-through lid is air-and watertight, but it has 2 built-in holes (3-4mm in diameter) in it, that can be sealed with a built-in little plastic plug thingie. Well I thought that's the mighty myc telling me this is the cradle I wanna be birthed in!!  :biggrin:  :mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2: :grin: 

So that's it for the tub! I'll update when I have the bin(s) ready to colonize in my kindergarten teacher's milkman's grandma's cat's closet. I can share some nice close-up pics of the myc in the healthy jars, tho :laugh: :grin:

Any colorful stuff is on the outside surface of the jars.

:smile: :mushroom2:

Edited by kelekotya (11/30/14 05:04 PM)

Offlinekelekotya
Stranger

Re: First grow, just wanted to share, thx for any feedback [Re: taGyo]
    #20909135 - 11/30/14 04:58 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Yeah, thanks, I've read that before, it is helpful, but I'm still not sure about the specifics with the small tubs. I'll figure something out tho. It'll work!! :grin:
I'm thinking about constructing a saran wrap-fruiting tent above the bin for when the mushies are gonna grow above lid hight. Gonna be fun :tongue2:

Edited by kelekotya (11/30/14 05:10 PM)

Offlinemoricz
Inky Cap Cultivator
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #20910652 - 12/01/14 12:16 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Cool photos!
Do you have a DSLR machine or how do you manage to make this sharp pix of mycelium?

Good luck bro!
:mushroom2:

Offlinekelekotya
Stranger

#20910963 - 12/01/14 04:08 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Thanks! No, actually it's like a decade old basic consumer digital camera. It's not really that sharp, what gives the illusion of such sharpness, is the depth of field, the contrast between the focus on the foreground and the almost incomprehensible background. Just use macro, most of these have it (flower pictogram), put the camera as close to the jar as you can without getting too close to be able to focus, adjust focus (usually it's autofocus so it's just holding the snap button before u snap the pic) and you'll see it. Just adjust the lights in the room so you don't need to use flash, might be a good idea to put the jar beside a lamp to really illuminate the whiteness in the jar (but of course, don't take a pic facing the light source), and that's pretty much it. Hope I could help! :mushroom2: :laugh:

edit: I should add that the "DSLR-y" look is also achieved by the lights. U can see how it kinda looks like it was lit in a studio. Just play around with the lights, I have some blue see-thru plastic wrap-thing taped to one of my lights so it gives a white/blue - ish light and I used that and put the jars right next to it. It really illuminates the myc, but the rest of the room is pretty dark, so there's some contrast.

Edited by kelekotya (12/01/14 04:36 AM)

Offlinemoricz
Inky Cap Cultivator
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #20916948 - 12/02/14 12:46 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Hi man, I found something for you...
It was on my shelf, this is an 1/2 liter wheat grain jar cased with 50-50+ in this Herendi :wink: This is left over because the others finished colonising faster.

Please note that this cased spawn is not handled or cared just tossed and moisted daily.

If you wanna shrooms just for you and your BFF, this is an easy way too,

BUT not so efficient as mentioned above.

I used to test MS/contaminated spawns like this.

Peace

Offlinekelekotya
Stranger

#20918735 - 12/02/14 06:16 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Yeeee looks nice!! That gives me hope. Thanks! :cool: :mushroom2:

Well I spawned the stuff, re-hydrated the grains (smelled like nice fresh mushies), cleaned two ~5 liter bins, mixing the substrate was quite the ride and the kitchen looked like a fucking stable afterwards. I could only get the winter wet horse poo, but at least it's pretty good quality. I think I have a very horsepoo-dominated mixture because of that as I was not really counting with the supposed dry weight of the poo, just mixing it how it felt right.
Ingredients were: the Poo, awesome organic coco coir, vermicult, spent coffee grounds, gypsum and about 1,5 teaspoons but no more of titch, vegetable and sesame oils per ~gallon of substrate(these were at hand and in my mind useable).

I also made two smaller tubs from the supposedly contaminated grain spawn(I know the signs showed, but they pretty much smelled like fresh mushrooms, so I thought why not, just didn't have the heart to throw it out ha) just to see what would happen, in a ~2-3 liter tupperware container and a nice flower pot,  with some leftover substrate which I didn't even pasteurize, ha. We'll see. :crazy2: There's power in faith!!! :tongue2:

I'll post pics of the tubs when I see any signs of good things happening. I'll be trying to send good vibes towards them so they won't feel shy and  they'll fruit for me by christmas.  :yogabunny:

btw were you referring to some dolog that we have in common by Herendi, or did i get ur nick wrong? edit: oh i'm so tired... in german it would be herender, right? so i think i get it...never mind and kösz

Edited by kelekotya (12/02/14 07:02 PM)

Offlinemoricz
Inky Cap Cultivator
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #20921299 - 12/03/14 05:26 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Bingo my friend :wink:

Offlinekelekotya
Stranger

#20927472 - 12/04/14 10:13 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

:grin:

One of the 5l bins. Filled them 2 days ago. It seems quite muddy, I put a thin substrate layer on top of the mixture, but now I realise that the spawn/substrate ratio is at least like 1:3 or 1:4, or more, I can't really guess. Maybe it'll colonize slower than I wished. Smells like coffee :wink:

Should I cut the remaining excess trashbag? Also, can I move them around? in the closet, they're at about 73F, I could put them in the corner in a cardboard box for night where it's several degrees cooler. Is that OK?

OfflinePudgy
Fail-2-Win

#20927552 - 12/04/14 10:35 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

That's awesome dude. You'll be happy.

I store mine above my fridge, it's roughly 73-75 F constantly and my stuff loves it.

I'm really excited to see how your grow goes! I'm here all the way for this one!! :cheers: :dancer:

At 1:3 or 1:4, you'll be waiting a bit longer for colonization, but don't worry about it! With the liner, you're gonna get good fruits and no side pins so that's awesome!

--------------------

Edited by Pudgy (12/04/14 10:36 AM)

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Boomr Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate