Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlineviktor
psychotechnician
Male User Gallery

Loc: New Zealand Flag
Re: My depression makes me feel like I have to wear a mask all the time [Re: Icelander]
    #20927727 - 12/04/14 11:17 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Icelander said:
I myself find the most comfort on the middle path.

:feelsweirdman:

During my childhood I saw a wide range of extreme behaviours from some pretty unstable people. One thing this did to me is cultivate an appreciation for peace, which naturally seemed to lead me to the middle path. I'm grateful for that, in a way.

--------------------
"They consider me insane but I know that I am a hero living under the eyes of the gods."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePed
Interested In Your Brain
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canada
Re: My depression makes me feel like I have to wear a mask all the time [Re: Ped]
    #20927756 - 12/04/14 11:28 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Here's another excellent video about the practical realities of this debilitating illness.  These are individuals whose depression is a medical problem with a physiological substrate.  Identifying what this kind of depression looks like is important, because it differentiates between low moods that can be managed with lifestyle and environmental adjustments, and clinical depression that must be treated in cooperation with qualified, specially trained mental health professionals.  This can be a difficult distinction to make even for those affected by depression, and so it's doubly important for the non-depressed to contemplate this distinction carefully if it is their wish to be helpful to others in this predicament.

No, this wasn't produced by the same people who faked the moon landing.  This video contains real human stories about real humans who are struggling with a real medical problem.

--------------------

:poison: Dark Triangles - New Psychedelic Techno Single - Listen on Soundcloud :poison:
Gyroscope full album available SoundCloud or MySpace

Offlinezzripz
Stranger

Loc: Manchester, UK
Re: My depression makes me feel like I have to wear a mask all the time [Re: Ped]
    #20927778 - 12/04/14 11:32 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Ped said:

There are those who understand mental health according to evidence and observation, and there are those who understand mental health according to sentimentality and belief.  For this to be conceived as a "great impasse", it must be assumed that sentimentality and belief are on equal footing with evidence and observation as far as describing reality is concerned.  This assumption is false, because evidence and observation are concerned with reality as it actually exists, while sentimentality and belief are concerned with what "feels" right in a purely arbitrary, purely subjective, pure irrelevant sense.

Not all world views are deserving of equal credibility, equal respect, or equal voice, because some world views are demonstrably incorrect or irrelevant.

And we keep trying to get through your thick skull there IS no actual medical evidence that 'mental illness' is biologically caused. None!

I have provided sources of evidence that support that information. All you do is use an arrrogant sounding sophistry to try and brow beat others who don't follow your ever-so-certain views, and also hold up the poor-me card because you think you suffered 'real depression' unlike others who have not. Well laddie, I have been some dark places also that you don't know about. And I am betting others here have also. Just because some alternative way didn't work for your sourpuss of a mind doesn't mean it won't for others more respective. But then you would change the goalposts wouldn't you and claim they weren't really 'depressed'. How do YOU fuckin know? Who are you mr big stuff that you know what you know. Are you a psychiatrist, doctor, psychologist? Where are your sources to back up what you claim---that there really is 'clinical depression' which a person can have a medical test for? Did you miss several links I have provided showing how even shrinks now are admitting it was a big con, though they call telling someone they have a chemical imbalance is a 'metaphor'.

The fact that I am spiritually inclined and rightly criticize the vile evil establishment amalgamation which is the shrinks who push big pharma toxic pills which are known to shorten lifespans and also cause other ACTUAL diseases which the fuckers then prescribe more drugs for, pretending symptoms via their authority are part of the so-called mental illness!

>> I see the shrinks and psychologists who support it as the gatekeepers of the materialist myth.

Quote:

This paranoid, suspicious, or otherwise cynical outlook is political in nature, and it is a belief that you espouse and apparently feel strongly about.  It does not pertain to the really-existing, practical realities of depression and mental health, and there are individuals in this thread whose lives are affected by these really-existing, practical realities.  When you enter this thread with an axe to grind, or something to prove about "the gatekeepers" and their "materialist myth", you are causing distortion in a conversation where clarity is especially valuable to those whose lives are concerned with the subject matter at hand.

OMFG, of course it is political! REAl spirituality and politics are always going together. This massive scam done to one and all by one of the most corrupt evil establishments to disgrace humanity affects people in spiritual, psychological, physical, 3economical, social ways. So of course it is including politics. Of course a feel strongly about it. You kiddin me?? Of course you would see my wanting to expose this as 'distortion'. Distortion of your warped reality which you obviously support. A very strange world where you see the evil of this but are willing to turn a blind eye for the good of science. When all along this shit is not based on science but pseudoscience and is used as social control by the political structure we are under. But all that you are blind to and want others to be, and hate anyone coming into a thread you are with to even mention it? So use the ignore button then if what I say bothers you.

Quote:

That is why it is prudent for individuals with direct experience and an evidence-based comprehension of the issues at hand to firmly confront this distortion when it appears.  Stop interfering in a productive conversation between affected individuals by using it as a platform for your emotionally charged political beliefs.  If you want to comment on the "gatekeepers of the materialist myth", I suggest you create a thread in Political Discussion, or Conspiracies and Cover-ups.  That sort of subject matter is appropriate to those forums.  It is not appropriate in this thread, which is about actual people dealing with actual depression and its actual consequences.

I am afraid this subject has to include all of that. it is false to think you can tackle a subject like this and pretend politics is not involved. That is entirely how it operates. The shrinks who push it also do not want you talking about your lives and also the economic pressures, etc on you. You and they are of the same ilk and that is why what we says disturbs you

InvisibleJokeshopbeard
Humble Student

Loc: Deep in the system Flag
Re: My depression makes me feel like I have to wear a mask all the time [Re: Ped] * 1
    #20927782 - 12/04/14 11:33 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Spacerific said:
whatever troubles you had in your past, IMO you're not quite past them.

This, IMO, is the most strikingly unpleasant comment in this thread.

Are any of us over our troubles? Somehow, I very much doubt it. I'd challenge any human being to say with truth that he/she is. That being the case, pointing out anyone else's troubles without invitation seems to me aloof, callous and mean.

Quote:

Ped said:
there are others in my position who would be deeply wounded by such a low remark, and so I'm compelled to speak up on their behalf now.

Myself included. When one is so deeply intertwined with conditions such as discussed in this thread, an 'all knowing' attitude based on little evidence does make one a little sore.

I can't say I've never thought like that myself, I have done, and have since seen (through pure exposure) the harm that that kind of attitude and subsequent speech can cause.

--------------------
Let it be seen that you are nothing. And in knowing that you are nothing... there is nothing to lose, there is nothing to gain. What can happen to you? Something can happen to the body, but it will either heal or it won't. What's the big deal? Let life knock you to bits. Let life take you apart. Let life destroy you. It will only destroy what you are not.
--Jac O'keeffe

Offlinetokeweed420
 User Gallery

Loc: north of 60
Re: My depression makes me feel like I have to wear a mask all the time [Re: Jokeshopbeard]
    #20927788 - 12/04/14 11:34 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

:derpyouverymuch:

--------------------
:volcano:  :volcano2:

Offlineakira_akuma
Φύσις κρύπτεσθαι ὕψιστος φιλεῖ

Loc: Onypeirophóros
Re: My depression makes me feel like I have to wear a mask all the time [Re: zzripz]
    #20927790 - 12/04/14 11:35 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

zzripz said:
Quote:

Ped said:

There are those who understand mental health according to evidence and observation, and there are those who understand mental health according to sentimentality and belief.  For this to be conceived as a "great impasse", it must be assumed that sentimentality and belief are on equal footing with evidence and observation as far as describing reality is concerned.  This assumption is false, because evidence and observation are concerned with reality as it actually exists, while sentimentality and belief are concerned with what "feels" right in a purely arbitrary, purely subjective, pure irrelevant sense.

Not all world views are deserving of equal credibility, equal respect, or equal voice, because some world views are demonstrably incorrect or irrelevant.

And we keep trying to get through your thick skull there IS no actual medical evidence that 'mental illness' is biologically caused. None!

I have provided sources of evidence that support that information. All you do is use an arrrogant sounding sophistry to try and brow beat others who don't follow your ever-so-certain views, and also hold up the poor-me card because you think you suffered 'real depression' unlike others who have not. Well laddie, I have been some dark places also that you don't know about. And I am betting others here have also. Just because some alternative way didn't work for your sourpuss of a mind doesn't mean it won't for others more respective. But then you would change the goalposts wouldn't you and claim they weren't really 'depressed'. How do YOU fuckin know? Who are you mr big stuff that you know what you know. Are you a psychiatrist, doctor, psychologist? Where are your sources to back up what you claim---that there really is 'clinical depression' which a person can have a medical test for? Did you miss several links I have provided showing how even shrinks now are admitting it was a big con, though they call telling someone they have a chemical imbalance is a 'metaphor'.

The fact that I am spiritually inclined and rightly criticize the vile evil establishment amalgamation which is the shrinks who push big pharma toxic pills which are known to shorten lifespans and also cause other ACTUAL diseases which the fuckers then prescribe more drugs for, pretending symptoms via their authority are part of the so-called mental illness!

>> I see the shrinks and psychologists who support it as the gatekeepers of the materialist myth.

Quote:

This paranoid, suspicious, or otherwise cynical outlook is political in nature, and it is a belief that you espouse and apparently feel strongly about.  It does not pertain to the really-existing, practical realities of depression and mental health, and there are individuals in this thread whose lives are affected by these really-existing, practical realities.  When you enter this thread with an axe to grind, or something to prove about "the gatekeepers" and their "materialist myth", you are causing distortion in a conversation where clarity is especially valuable to those whose lives are concerned with the subject matter at hand.

OMFG, of course it is political! REAl spirituality and politics are always going together. This massive scam done to one and all by one of the most corrupt evil establishments to disgrace humanity affects people in spiritual, psychological, physical, 3economical, social ways. So of course it is including politics. Of course a feel strongly about it. You kiddin me?? Of course you would see my wanting to expose this as 'distortion'. Distortion of your warped reality which you obviously support. A very strange world where you see the evil of this but are willing to turn a blind eye for the good of science. When all along this shit is not based on science but pseudoscience and is used as social control by the political structure we are under. But all that you are blind to and want others to be, and hate anyone coming into a thread you are with to even mention it? So use the ignore button then if what I say bothers you.

Quote:

That is why it is prudent for individuals with direct experience and an evidence-based comprehension of the issues at hand to firmly confront this distortion when it appears.  Stop interfering in a productive conversation between affected individuals by using it as a platform for your emotionally charged political beliefs.  If you want to comment on the "gatekeepers of the materialist myth", I suggest you create a thread in Political Discussion, or Conspiracies and Cover-ups.  That sort of subject matter is appropriate to those forums.  It is not appropriate in this thread, which is about actual people dealing with actual depression and its actual consequences.

I am afraid this subject has to include all of that. it is false to think you can tackle a subject like this and pretend politics is not involved. That is entirely how it operates. The shrinks who push it also do not want you talking about your lives and also the economic pressures, etc on you. You and they are of the same ilk and that is why what we says disturbs you

hurt. butthurt.

Offlinejimboob
Stranger

#20927813 - 12/04/14 11:42 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Yeah I too try to take a balanced approach towards life in regards to western thinking and science vs what you might call eastern thinking, mysticism, new-age stuff and all that. Both have their values, and both can be taken too far.

But i think I need to sway the other way and start looking into therapy. Too much wishy washy new age drivel is confusing my brain. And my gut has always told me there is something wrong with those new-agey people. I'm not speaking of anyone in paticular here, but you know the type that have a superficial level of love and compassion, but beneath a fake and forced surface you see a damaged person ready to break down at any moment. Walking time-bombs man.

I don't know if I'll ever be comfortable taking meds, and I'm not sure if I actually need them. It could be purely psychological, and sometimes if i pay close enough attention I catch my mind spouting off some terribly self depreciating beliefs. For example I'm a very short male, and while I haven't had too much of an issue living a normal life, there's an underlying feeling of inferiority in the best of times, and the feeling that I'm an evolutionary mistake meant to be erased from the gene pool in the darkest of times.

Anyway this is all still speculation. Maybe just talking to someone will  help me get it out there instead of having it swirl around my head day after day. That's another big issue for me, dwelling and rumination. I am constantly trying to figure out this "problem," and I think it actually feeds itself by giving it so much attention. Last night I was just randomly drawing in a notebook, and realized what people mean when they talk about flow and being absorbed in something. There wasn't any depression there, just me drawing a shitty flower. The last time I felt like that I was carving pumpkins with my girlfriend, and we were getting really creative with it. I need more stuff like that in my life.

InvisibleJokeshopbeard
Humble Student

Loc: Deep in the system Flag
Re: My depression makes me feel like I have to wear a mask all the time [Re: jimboob]
    #20927828 - 12/04/14 11:46 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

jimboob said:
Anyway this is all still speculation. Maybe just talking to someone will  help me get it out there instead of having it swirl around my head day after day. That's another big issue for me, dwelling and rumination. I am constantly trying to figure out this "problem," and I think it actually feeds itself by giving it so much attention. Last night I was just randomly drawing in a notebook, and realized what people mean when they talk about flow and being absorbed in something. There wasn't any depression there, just me drawing a shitty flower. The last time I felt like that I was carving pumpkins with my girlfriend, and we were getting really creative with it. I need more stuff like that in my life.

That sounds like a really great place to start man. Good luck and good vibes your way brother.

--------------------
Let it be seen that you are nothing. And in knowing that you are nothing... there is nothing to lose, there is nothing to gain. What can happen to you? Something can happen to the body, but it will either heal or it won't. What's the big deal? Let life knock you to bits. Let life take you apart. Let life destroy you. It will only destroy what you are not.
--Jac O'keeffe

OfflinePed
Interested In Your Brain
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: My depression makes me feel like I have to wear a mask all the time [Re: zzripz]
    #20927857 - 12/04/14 11:52 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

>> And we keep trying to get through your thick skull there IS no actual medical evidence that 'mental illness' is biologically caused. None!

The opposite is the reality

Since I can't think of any possible way of responding to the rest of your diatribe without precipitating another counter-productive, vitriolic cascade, I'll refrain from addressing its content.

I will reiterate, however, that your personal political views do not belong in a thread where people are discussing the practical realities of their mental health struggles.  If you believe in an alternative approach, and if you believe describing that approach will be helpful, it has a place here, but if you want to argue that the entire field of medical science is a fraud, conspiracy, or otherwise fundamentally flawed, or if you have an axe to grind with western civilization and its deepest existential assumptions about the nature of the universe, those are conversations which belong elsewhere, because this is a thread where individuals are discussing the practical ramifications of their immediate experience.

This is something that we should be able to point out to each other without it being taken personally, and without all this huffing and puffing.

--------------------

:poison: Dark Triangles - New Psychedelic Techno Single - Listen on Soundcloud :poison:

Offlinejimboob
Stranger

Re: My depression makes me feel like I have to wear a mask all the time [Re: Jokeshopbeard]
    #20927874 - 12/04/14 11:56 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Thank you Beard  :happyheart:

OfflinePed
Interested In Your Brain
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: My depression makes me feel like I have to wear a mask all the time [Re: jimboob] * 1
    #20927986 - 12/04/14 12:16 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

>> Yeah I too try to take a balanced approach towards life in regards to western thinking and science vs what you might call eastern thinking, mysticism, new-age stuff and all that. Both have their values, and both can be taken too far.

Just as it would be misguided to suppose that no effort is required but to meet appointments with psychiatrists and dutifully ingest pharmaceuticals, so too it would be misguided to suppose that some of the valuable insights and practices of other schools constitute the ultimate answer to any and all crises of consciousness.  It sounds like you're on the right track with a clear view, and this is quite heartening.  I wish I had this discernment when I was younger.

>> But i think I need to sway the other way and start looking into therapy. Too much wishy washy new age drivel is confusing my brain. And my gut has always told me there is something wrong with those new-agey people. I'm not speaking of anyone in paticular here, but you know the type that have a superficial level of love and compassion, but beneath a fake and forced surface you see a damaged person ready to break down at any moment. Walking time-bombs man.

Absolutely. Counsellors and psychotherapists can be really useful, while wishy-washy new age drivel is never useful.  Provided you can find counsellor who practices from their heart, and whose talents align with your needs, even just a few sessions with a therapist can set you on a highly constructive path.  That can be a difficult and frustrating search sometimes, but when you connect with the right person a lot of good things can happen.  Pursuing these kind of consultations might help clarify for you whether your mood difficulties can remedied with adjustments made to your lifestyle, environment, or cognitive habits, or if they signal an underlying biological component.

>> I don't know if I'll ever be comfortable taking meds, and I'm not sure if I actually need them. It could be purely psychological, and sometimes if i pay close enough attention I catch my mind spouting off some terribly self depreciating beliefs. For example I'm a very short male, and while I haven't had too much of an issue living a normal life, there's an underlying feeling of inferiority in the best of times, and the feeling that I'm an evolutionary mistake meant to be erased from the gene pool in the darkest of times.

Wow, thank you for sharing that.  That was a little window into your experience there.  I tend to agree again that if you can find a resolution which does not require pharmaceutical intervention, it is surely preferable to one that does.  Exploring the psychological nuances of the phenomenon with somebody who's trained to help you navigate it will probably go a long way toward clarifying this for you.  I think your approach is a good one here.

>> Anyway this is all still speculation. Maybe just talking to someone will  help me get it out there instead of having it swirl around my head day after day. That's another big issue for me, dwelling and rumination. I am constantly trying to figure out this "problem," and I think it actually feeds itself by giving it so much attention. Last night I was just randomly drawing in a notebook, and realized what people mean when they talk about flow and being absorbed in something. There wasn't any depression there, just me drawing a shitty flower. The last time I felt like that I was carving pumpkins with my girlfriend, and we were getting really creative with it. I need more stuff like that in my life.

It sounds like what you're describing here is what some new-agey types refer to as "The Now".  Eckhart Tolle has practically made this his trademark.  It has reached such popularity in these circles because there really is something to it: the ability to be completely with your experience in its entirety really is quite a special ability, and it is certainly a major positive for mental health. 

You might be interested in mindfulness meditation.  There is a book called The Mindful Way Through Depression, which attempts to apply traditional mindfulness meditation techniques to address exactly the sort of cognitive habits you're describing here.  I've found these sorts of techniques quite helpful, provided I don't take them too far and start conceiving them as inherently curative in nature.

Depression is a complex illness arising from a series of complex factors.  Because of this, treating depression is a complex process involving many vectors of approach.  If your depression has a biological component, a biological treatment will be a component of that approach.  If not, then not.  One can hope that your physiology will be cooperative as you go forward, but if it turns out to be uncooperative please don't delay addressing this: as I explained before, it can be costly.  It sounds like you're a smart guy, though, so I don't think you'll have any difficulty teasing this out.

It's heartening to see you thinking about solutions and possible vectors of support or treatment.  That usually precedes some initial success, at least in my experience.  There may be bumps in the road along the way, though, such that if you find yourself starting to feel better it's important that you stick with whatever it is that's helping you.  If things go sideways on you, and you find yourself falling back into the old despondency, it can twice as crushing after having tasted some modicum of relief.  That's been my experience: I don't recommend it!  It happened because I was so desperate for relief that when any hint of it came I would cling to it for dear life.

You're a bright guy with a good head on your shoulders, though.  That much is abundantly clear.  It'll go a long way toward helping you understand the nature of your present struggle.

--------------------

Edited by Ped (12/04/14 02:48 PM)

InvisibleDividedQuantumM
Outer Head
Male User Gallery

Re: My depression makes me feel like I have to wear a mask all the time [Re: Ped] * 1
    #20928212 - 12/04/14 01:10 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

zzripz said:

I'm sorry, but this is patently and categorically false.

Quote:

Ped said:You're a bright guy with a good head on your shoulders, though.  That much is abundantly clear.  It'll go a long way toward helping you understand the nature of your present struggle.

I agree.  You have an open and conscientious attitude, and I think this will serve you in very good stead in your endeavor to tackle this unfortunate problem.  Good luck!

:thumbup:

--------------------
Vi Veri Universum Vivus Vici

Offlinezzripz
Stranger

Re: My depression makes me feel like I have to wear a mask all the time [Re: DividedQuantum]
    #20928549 - 12/04/14 02:47 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

DividedQuantum said:
Quote:

zzripz said:

I'm sorry, but this is patently and categorically false.

Are you a latecomer or have you like some others bothered to read the thread from the beginning and checked out sources linked?

Offlinezzripz
Stranger

#20928639 - 12/04/14 03:14 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Ped said:
>> And we keep trying to get through your thick skull there IS no actual medical evidence that 'mental illness' is biologically caused. None!

The opposite is the reality

Since I can't think of any possible way of responding to the rest of your diatribe without precipitating another counter-productive, vitriolic cascade, I'll refrain from addressing its content.

I will reiterate, however, that your personal political views do not belong in a thread where people are discussing the practical realities of their mental health struggles.  If you believe in an alternative approach, and if you believe describing that approach will be helpful, it has a place here, but if you want to argue that the entire field of medical science is a fraud, conspiracy, or otherwise fundamentally flawed, or if you have an axe to grind with western civilization and its deepest existential assumptions about the nature of the universe, those are conversations which belong elsewhere, because this is a thread where individuals are discussing the practical ramifications of their immediate experience.

This is something that we should be able to point out to each other without it being taken personally, and without all this huffing and puffing.

hmmm I wonder who funds that site...?:strokebeard:
PsychCentral not only made my stomach turn but finally made me wretch

You--like many shrinks--do not listen
Quote:

if you want to argue that the entire field of medical science is a fraud, conspiracy, or otherwise fundamentally flawed

I have never said anywhere in this thread the entire field of medical science is a fraud. I said that  biomedical model to explain what the 'mental health movement' call 'mental illness' is pseudoscience. Is based on lies via the power of language used as a weapon to demoralize people and have them become life long chronic psychiatric patients on drugs. IF you think this does not have to do with politics then maybe you better get off the drugs your on because they have addled your critical thinking.

In allopathic medicine, if someone has cancer, or another physical disease there are tests for it. Does this mean I love allopathic medicine? No. because I see it as an outgrowth of a mechanical understanding of reality and the body where the body is looked at as a machine that has symptoms. But at least there are actual tests based on medical science. So obviously I am not saying what you claim, but that doesn't mean I am not also critical of allopathic medicine, and it too is corrupt and in the pockets of the marketing people. it too wants chronic patients wanting lifelong drugs. It goes along with political pressure to suppress folk medicine, and understanding of spiritual healing.
This is so in hospital soaps too which always poke fun at alternative ways of healing and big-up their macho big tech, big pharma based 'care'.

I just feel you say silly things in a very pretentious overblown way.

Quote:

if you have an axe to grind with western civilization and its deepest existential assumptions about the nature of the universe, those are conversations which belong elsewhere, because this is a thread where individuals are discussing the practical ramifications of their immediate experience.

I mean just what the fuck does that even mean? it makes no sense whatsoever, to me. NOTHING can be more deep than psychological distress which can include the whole caboodle of worry and despair about society, civilization, what is happening to the natural world and so on in very deep levels. ESPECIALLY considering we are discussing all this in a psychedelic forum where many people explore this on psychedelics. That is both immediate experience and soooo all-pervasive experience. By that I do mean to suggest that those not experienced with psychedelics cannot experience deep. In fact when you do traverse these states you see the connection with or without psychedelics

Offlineakira_akuma

#20928650 - 12/04/14 03:17 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

I just feel you say silly things in a very pretentious overblown way.

:ripebanana:

OfflinePed
Interested In Your Brain
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: My depression makes me feel like I have to wear a mask all the time [Re: akira_akuma]
    #20928797 - 12/04/14 04:04 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

One thing I'm pleased about is that the OP, as well as most of this thread's participants, seem to be able to distinguish between information and ignorance.

--------------------

Offlineakira_akuma

#20928948 - 12/04/14 04:38 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

well, when it's all so glaring and obvious. :lol:
i mean, whatever OP can take from this, it's all good; really, one needs to see things from all the angles to be able to make an informed decision. luckily he can sort through the bad and good, and there isn't only adherence, on the other posters' part here, to silliness.

now THAT would certainly be a recipe for disaster.

Shroomery, you so smart sometimes... now why can't that be the general rule. :tongue:

InvisibleSun King
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #20928974 - 12/04/14 04:43 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Ped said:
One thing I'm pleased about is that the OP, as well as most of this thread's participants, seem to be able to distinguish between information and ignorance.

I can. My mother has had severe depression since I was young. Doesn't seem mythical. :wow:

--------------------

Offlinezzripz
Stranger

Re: My depression makes me feel like I have to wear a mask all the time [Re: Sun King]
    #20929019 - 12/04/14 04:53 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

I'm not surprised with you one-liner joe

OfflinePed
Interested In Your Brain
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: My depression makes me feel like I have to wear a mask all the time [Re: Sun King]
    #20929022 - 12/04/14 04:53 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

>> My mother has had severe depression since I was young. Doesn't seem mythical.

Same with my father.  Growing up, I can remember what it was like after he started taking an antidepressant.  Our entire family life changed for the better.  In fact, I think sertraline is the reason why my family stayed together at all: between my deterioration as a child, and his deterioration as an adult, it's a wonder we made it through.  Sertraline is one hell of a blunt instrument, though, barely even deserving of the "selective" nomenclature.  He's on imipramine now, and it's given his life back to him, and him back to us.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order