Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | Next >
InvisibleTheFakeSunRa
Bitch Splitter
 User Gallery

Loc: Dirdy SOUF Flag
Re: Post football fagafacation here [Re: elax420]
    #20873606 - 11/22/14 06:38 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

elax420 said:
You need a Sports Forum fagafacation thread.

I got banned a month for calling a southerner a hick.
:youseethisshit:

lol

Coming from the south, everyone down here is proud to be a hick. You can me a hick anytime. Just don't ever call me a fucking Yankee! I'll die an ignorant inbred racist piece of shit southern white trash hick redneck no hills hillbilly fuck. And proud the fuck of it!

--------------------
[quote]Asante said:
You constantly make posts thatr fling middle school insults at people you don't like mixed in with maladjusted psychopathic comments about wanting to beat up the other poster with a crowbar.

You know how shit you are, you just don't give a fuck for precisely that reason.

I disendorse you.[/quote]

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleTheFakeSunRa
Bitch Splitter
 User Gallery

Re: Post football fagafacation here [Re: TheFakeSunRa]
    #20873688 - 11/22/14 07:17 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

This late in the season:

Georgia VS Charleston Southern (I guess Charleston Northern in busy)

FSU VS Boston College (even though it's a conference game lol)

Alabama VS Western Carolina

Auburn VS Samford

Florida VS Eastern Kentucky

South Carolina VS South Alabama

BYU VS Savanna St (BYU needs cupcakes? lulzzz)

Clemson VS Georgia St (upset alert!)

--------------------
[quote]Asante said:
You constantly make posts thatr fling middle school insults at people you don't like mixed in with maladjusted psychopathic comments about wanting to beat up the other poster with a crowbar.

You know how shit you are, you just don't give a fuck for precisely that reason.

OfflinePureless
Crushed it

Loc: Blueridge
    #20873707 - 11/22/14 07:26 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

TheFakeSunRa said:
Clemson VS Georgia St (upset alert!)

:lolsy:

Invisibleelax420
Anal Destroyer
 User Gallery

Re: Post football fagafacation here [Re: Pureless]
    #20879191 - 11/23/14 01:48 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Seriously people in Utah like being called hicks too.

ITs better than being a yuppie fag from LA.

OfflineEnjoywho
Rags to Bitches
Male User Gallery

#20879690 - 11/23/14 03:38 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Or a god damn hipster in seattle. :facepalm:

--------------------
"I don't give nothin' to nobody, I just pay the cost to do business." - Riley "Young Reezy"-Boondocks

"The road to hell is paved with good intentions."

"In the days of kings and queens I was a jester."

"And then the great lord created bears... too many bears... shoulda really dialed back on the bears." Squidbillies

"Can you start speaking words instead of your damn filthy lies!"- Louise "Bobs Burgers"

Invisibleelax420
Anal Destroyer
 User Gallery

Re: Post football fagafacation here [Re: Enjoywho]
    #20883396 - 11/24/14 12:23 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

I have a pretty good buddy from Seattle. Definitely seems like an interesting place but not really my thing. Portland>Seattle.
I wouldn’t mind paying Alaska a visit. Seems really laid back plus fly fishing salmon would be bitching.

OfflineEnjoywho
Rags to Bitches
Male User Gallery

#20883610 - 11/24/14 01:18 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

I love seattle. Alaska is always a good choice. Will always be home to me but I don't plan on living there again.

--------------------
"I don't give nothin' to nobody, I just pay the cost to do business." - Riley "Young Reezy"-Boondocks

"The road to hell is paved with good intentions."

"In the days of kings and queens I was a jester."

"And then the great lord created bears... too many bears... shoulda really dialed back on the bears." Squidbillies

"Can you start speaking words instead of your damn filthy lies!"- Louise "Bobs Burgers"

OfflinePureless
Crushed it

Re: Post football fagafacation here [Re: Enjoywho]
    #20887757 - 11/25/14 08:49 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

UNC apologizes to Duke for celebration

InvisibleTheFakeSunRa
Bitch Splitter
 User Gallery

#20889720 - 11/25/14 05:08 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

You don't think spray painting the locker room is a little over the top?

--------------------
[quote]Asante said:

Invisibleelax420
Anal Destroyer
 User Gallery

#20890337 - 11/25/14 06:49 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Nah that was awesome.

It would be nice to see a real rivalry. Fuck the “rivalry based on mutual respect” BS, it would be nice to hear an AD say we really hate those pompous ass holes

InvisibleTheFakeSunRa
Bitch Splitter
 User Gallery

#20890392 - 11/25/14 06:57 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Remember Max Hall?

--------------------
[quote]Asante said:

Invisibleelax420
Anal Destroyer
 User Gallery

#20890417 - 11/25/14 07:03 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Yup.
Surprised you do. That shit was great.

He recently got arrested in phoenix for cocaine and shoplifting.
Stay classy BYU.

InvisibleTheFakeSunRa
Bitch Splitter
 User Gallery

#20891520 - 11/26/14 12:01 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

lol @ Mormonism

--------------------
[quote]Asante said:

OfflinePureless
Crushed it

#20891912 - 11/26/14 06:13 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

I wouldn't mind banging a few chicks, but to be married? Ugh

Invisibleelax420
Anal Destroyer
 User Gallery

#20895126 - 11/26/14 10:23 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Dude mormons are way too fucking weird. You may think they are hot but trust me the minute they start talking about their “testimony" and taking you to church you’ll be trying to sneak out the window in the bathroom faster than a black guy trying to grab a new LCD in ferguson.

InvisibleTheFakeSunRa
Bitch Splitter
 User Gallery

#21035203 - 12/28/14 12:03 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

That's racist!

Luck has no surpassed Manning's single season passing yards record for the Colts.

:lolwut:

--------------------
[quote]Asante said:

InvisibleTheFakeSunRa
Bitch Splitter
 User Gallery

#21421871 - 03/17/15 05:13 PM (9 years, 13 days ago)

Borland retires from paid football after one year.

Quote:

It is an off-season like no other in the National Football League. Young players, with many games and millions of dollars ahead of them, are walking away from the country’s most popular sport.

Linebacker Chris Borland of the San Francisco 49ers, one of the top rookies in the N.F.L. last season, is the latest case yet, and perhaps the most noteworthy. He said Monday that he was retiring because of concerns about his safety, and his decision may have ripple effects well beyond the professional ranks.

“Somebody said we’re at the beginning of the beginning, and that might be true,” Jeff Borland, his father, said Tuesday in a phone interview regarding whether his son’s decision would influence parents of young football players.

During the preseason last year, Chris Borland sent a letter to his parents in Ohio. He thanked them for their support and said that he was embarking on what was likely to be his final season playing football.

“We readily accepted it,” Jeff Borland said. “It was a relief that after one more season he would no longer be taking the physical abuse. He kept his unpublished word that he gave the team everything he had. I was very proud of that.”

Borland’s decision, which was first reported by ESPN, came just days after Patrick Willis, 30, a seven-time All-Pro linebacker also with the 49ers, announced that he would retire rather than risk further injury.

At least three other prominent players have followed suit.

But Borland, 24, who played at the University of Wisconsin, is the youngest and most promising of the players to leave the N.F.L. this off-season.

“From what I’ve researched and what I’ve experienced, I don’t think it’s worth the risk,” Borland told ESPN, referring to the multiple concussions he sustained.

Cornerback Cortland Finnegan, 31, who last played for the Miami Dolphins; quarterback Jake Locker, 26, of the Tennessee Titans; and linebacker Jason Worilds, 27, of the Pittsburgh Steelers, have all retired this off-season for a variety of reasons.

The N.F.L., which long disputed a connection between head trauma sustained on the field and long-term cognitive problems, said in a statement that “playing any sport is a personal decision.” The statement, from Jeff Miller, the league’s senior vice president for health and safety policy, added: “We are seeing a growing culture of safety. Everyone involved in the game knows that there is more work to do, and player safety will continue to be our top priority.”

Many veteran players have cited the physical toll of football as they have stepped away, but rarely have so many young players left the league with so much of their careers ahead of them. Linebacker Jason Worilds, 27, who was paid $9.75 million by the Steelers in 2014, was expected to sign a big contract with another team as a free agent.

Borland stands out because of how explicit he was regarding his concerns about head injuries. As evidence has mounted in recent years linking blows sustained on the field with long-term cognitive disability, the league has scrambled to find an appropriate response.

For years, N.F.L. officials disputed the work of independent researchers and refused to acknowledge any connection. More recently, the league has tweaked rules to try to mitigate some of the most jarring blows to the head and assigned neurologists to the sideline during games.

Borland, who is from Kettering, Ohio, and studied history and was ranked sixth in career tackles at Wisconsin, had a stellar first year after being drafted in the third round of the 2014 N.F.L. draft. He won rookie of the week honors twice and was defensive rookie of the month in November. He earned the league-minimum $420,000 and a bonus of $154,000, according to Overthecap.com.

Borland’s father said he knew the dangers his son faced every Sunday. He kept his sons from playing football until high school because he thought youth coaches did not teach the game properly. And having watched his son from the sideline in games and practices in high school and college, he knew how much bigger and faster the players were in the N.F.L., and how the risk for injury was greater.

“There are players trying to hang on to a job and have to do anything they can,” Jeff Borland said.

Despite his success his rookie year, Chris Borland was unwilling to play another season, his father said, because he was concerned that it would become a trap — he would continue risking injury in pursuit of a paycheck.

“For him to have reached the end of the season after having the opportunity and success he had with it, to have not changed his mind, I have to give him credit,” Jeff Borland said. “It was not a money decision.”

Several current and retired N.F.L. players expressed support for Borland on social media. “I loved Chris Borland’s game but I can’t fault him for calling it quits,” Chris Long, a defensive lineman on the Rams, said on Twitter. “His concerns are real. Still, it takes a man to do the logical.”

Donte’ Stallworth, who last played in 2012 after a 10-year career with six teams, saw Borland’s retirement as a result of growing awareness of the potential long-term cognitive damage facing players. “Players today are more concerned now than ever before regarding brain trauma and health issues,” he said on Twitter. “It’s scary!”

The average career in the N.F.L. is about 3.5 years, but that figure includes players who try out in training camp yet fail to make a team as well as those who last a dozen or more years.

The N.F.L. and N.F.L. Players Association do not keep precise figures on why players retire. Some are cut by teams and fail to be re-signed, while others are injured and cannot play.

The N.F.L. said that players who are drafted in the first round play for an average of almost nine years, while players who make it to an opening day roster average close to six years in the N.F.L.

The N.F.L., with its opportunity for million-dollar paydays, will remain a draw for players across the country, particularly in states like Florida and Texas where football remains immensely popular and where some parents believe the game is one of the best ways to secure a college scholarship.

But the increasing evidence of links between repeated head trauma and long-term cognitive problems has persuaded more parents to steer their children into sports like baseball, basketball and soccer, and the decision by a highly regarded player like Borland to leave the N.F.L. at a young age might accelerate that trend.

A recent Bloomberg Politics poll found that half of Americans did not want their sons playing football. A separate survey by Robert Morris University showed that nearly half of those polled said that boys should not be allowed to play tackle football until they reached high school.

While there is constant turnover in the N.F.L., Borland’s retirement may not prompt a string of other young, talented professional players to retire simply because of concerns about brain trauma. Robert Boland, who represented N.F.L. players for 12 years and now teaches sports management at New York University, said players retired for many reasons, including injuries, other ambitions and a loss of passion for the game.

Competition to join an N.F.L. roster is so intense that the 49ers are unlikely to have trouble finding candidates to fill Borland’s spot.

But his retirement could send a chilling signal to parents who are debating whether to let their children play tackle football. If they see his retirement as evidence that talented players view the game as too risky, it could further erode participation in youth football leagues and ultimately shrink the pool of potential N.F.L. talent.

“Some parents will say it’s proof positive that football is too dangerous,” Boland said. “It’s a nightmare for the N.F.L. and colleges because it shrinks the reach of the game. It could lead the image of the game down the path where the league or owners don’t want it to go.”

The increasing specialization in youth sports may also be having an effect. As more children concentrate on a single sport all year, they are becoming more prone to injury and burnout, said Brandon Huffman, the director of recruiting for Scout, a website that tracks football players from youth leagues to the N.F.L.

“The arms race for college scholarships has led to a real physical strain,” he said. “You’ve got parents who are putting their kids in youth football at 6 or 7, and they’re trying to stretch the age limits. When kids get to high school and college, they lose their passion.”

Overspecialization did not appear to be the case with Borland, who told ESPN that he had received diagnoses of two concussions before arriving at Wisconsin. One was sustained while playing soccer in eighth grade and the other was while playing football in high school.

“While unexpected, we certainly respect Chris’s decision,” Trent Baalke, the 49ers’ general manager, said in a statement Tuesday. “From speaking with Chris, it was evident that he had put a great deal of thought into this decision.”

:gayflag:

Source NYTimes

--------------------
[quote]Asante said:

InvisibleTheFakeSunRa
Bitch Splitter
 User Gallery

#22195901 - 09/06/15 06:53 AM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Two games cancelled due to rain. Gayest fucking shit ever. LSU should be a given a fucking loss.

--------------------
[quote]Asante said:

Invisibleelax420
Anal Destroyer
 User Gallery

#22206903 - 09/08/15 11:56 AM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

TheFakeSunRa said:
Two games cancelled due to rain. Gayest fucking shit ever. LSU should be a given a fucking loss.

:loldongs:

Dude down south i bet that rain gets intense.

InvisibleTheFakeSunRa
Bitch Splitter
 User Gallery

#22348454 - 10/08/15 01:57 AM (8 years, 5 months ago)

Suddenly every NFL coach and many college coaches are wearing windbreakers with a single stripe going down the back. Looks stupid as shit.

:hanky:

--------------------
[quote]Asante said:

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | Next >

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains