Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleSammi
stoner

Loc: Texas
I got made an offer....
    #2086983 - 11/09/03 07:42 PM (13 years, 26 days ago)

Me and 3DSHROOM were talking while we were walking over to my moms place so that I could get my cigs. He told me that if I could stop smoking for a month that he would give me $120 (enough for any drugs I would want).

I have been smoking for about 3 years now . I asked my stepdad what he thought and he said that it would be hell and that I shouldnt bother trying to stop.

I was wondering if you guys in here think that 120 buck (plus more oney for every month folowing) is worth the hell of stoping smoking?

--------------------
Every cause has an effect, but in the end you get what you give.

Edited by Sammi (11/09/03 07:48 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineGregHimself
Just a guyobssesed withshroomies.
Male User Gallery

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
Re: I got made an offer.... [Re: Sammi]
    #2086988 - 11/09/03 07:45 PM (13 years, 26 days ago)

I think you should quit soming so you dont die a horrible slow death of lung cancer...but that offer is a great one and i hope fo ryour sake you take him up on it!
:smile:

--------------------
"The key to successful cultivation is to match the skills of the cultivator with the right strain on the proper substrate under ideal environmental conditions."
Paul Stamets
Growing Gourmet and Medicinal Mushrooms(Third Edition)

Invisibleadrug

Re: I got made an offer.... [Re: GregHimself]
    #2086995 - 11/09/03 07:53 PM (13 years, 26 days ago)

Sammi...here's the real question. Is $120 worth enough TO YOU to quit? I've been a smoker for years now, and the only thing that got me to quit was being pregnant. I managed to stay smoke free for over a year after my daughter was born, but have started up again since. The thing is, I didn't really want to quit for myself, I quit for my baby. Once I didn't have to worry about hurting my baby by smoking anymore, I started up again. Do you think if you quit for a month and got the $120 that you would stay a non-smoker? If so, then I think its worth it. If not, not so sure. :smile:

Invisiblekaiowas
mndfrayze'speppet urme
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
Re: I got made an offer.... [Re: adrug]
    #2087016 - 11/09/03 08:11 PM (13 years, 26 days ago)

I"m quitting right now, as it has been almost a full week. the longer you smoke the owrse it is. YOu've only been smoking for three years, that's not a lot of time compared with your dad which might be in the decades. big difference. after the 5-6 day, it will become clear how nasty them things are. again though, the reason to do it is another story, you aren't going to quit unless you really want to, not because you "should"

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.---senior doobie

OfflinegeokillsA
∙∙∙∙☼ º¿° ☼∙∙∙∙
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels Flag
    #2087269 - 11/09/03 09:47 PM (13 years, 26 days ago)

> I asked my stepdad what he thought and he said that
> it would be hell and that I shouldnt bother trying to stop.

Not to be an ass.... but what an ass :tongue:

Now I've smoked no more on average than a cigarette maybe every two or three months, so I can't relate any expereince with having to quit myself.. however I've had my share of friends some of whom are still trapped in the habit and others who have broken free.  I do smoke a lot of weed though, and I know smoking takes its toll on the body.  Definitely not a healthy thing to do, and if you drink regularly then most definitely an even unhealthier thing to do as the alcohol fucks with an enzyme in your system which results in a higher rate of carcinogens in your system. 

Granted the cravings might give ya hell for a little while, but once you break the cycle and your body isn't left fiending for more you'll notice that you feel better.  Maybe you're not getting the nicotine buzz you enjoyed, but I bet your body won't be as stressed and you'll have more energy - a very worthwhile tradeoff.  So if you do decide to give quitting a shot, I'm rootin' for ya.  The money is nice and all... but your health is worth so much more :spliff:

--------------------

--------------------
··∙   long live the shroomery  ∙··
...π╥ ╥π...

Invisiblechinacat72
eyes of theworld
 User Gallery

Loc: Terrapin Station
    #2087335 - 11/09/03 10:02 PM (13 years, 26 days ago)

Do it Sammii!!!!!!!!!!!!
120$ is a great bonus, but your health is a big bonus.
Think about it. Your young and have your life ahead of you to live to the fullest. Smoking is one of the most dangerous drugs. A habit of smoking cigarettes is guarenteed to cause you health problems later in life and a very real possibility of cutting your life short. It may seem hard, but quitting after 3 years will be alot easier than quitting after 10 years. It may seem like its not a big deal now, but someday you may have kids and other reasons to make sure your on this planet as long as possible.

Quit now and you don't have to worry about cancer, emphysema and all the other health problems associated with ciggarettes. Besides think of all the money you can save and spend on drugs that are safer and actually get you high
Best of luck :smile: 

--------------------
Some rise
Some fall
Some climb
To get to Terrapin!!!

InvisibleEffedS
 User Gallery

Loc: Daylight Slavings
    #2087410 - 11/09/03 10:20 PM (13 years, 26 days ago)

Smoking is gross!
Im quitting this Monday. I already quit once, its not that hard. I quit for six months and decided to have another smoke. (bad idea)

You just have to really gross yourself out about it.
When you drive by people in the car look at them smoking, it really is disgusting.. it stinks, it  tastes bad, and it KILLS you!

Its good to see 3D cares so much that hes gonna pay you, but dont do it for that.. do it for yourself.

If what I just said didnt help you, this should.  :grin:

Offlineneuro
Phytophiliac
 User Gallery

Loc: Rigel 7
    #2087547 - 11/09/03 11:02 PM (13 years, 26 days ago)

usually threatening to break fingers is a good inscentive.

Offlinesykobish
ProfessionalPsycho - JTOKREW
 User Gallery

Loc: Toronto, eh?
    #2087675 - 11/09/03 11:55 PM (13 years, 26 days ago)

The only way you will ever quit, is if you WANT to. If you still have that part in your brain that WANTS to smoke, you wont be able to quit. Sit down and ask yourself if you want to or not. Think about the pros and cons. (I'm sure you can come up with alot more reasons why you SHOULD quit then why you shouldn't.) If you really dont want to quit deep down inside, you wont. So until you are ready to give it a serious shot, you'll continue.

--------------------
I would rather have had one breath of her hair, one kiss from her mouth, one touch of her hand, than eternity without it. One.
-={Nite-Crew}=-

*-_Thread_Jacker_-*
To love is to admire with the heart; to admire is to love with the mind. - Th?ophile Gautier.
Seek not every quality in one individual - Confucius.
Global Living Space

Offlined33p
Welcome to Violence

Loc: the shores of Tripoli
Re: I got made an offer.... [Re: sykobish]
    #2087698 - 11/10/03 12:02 AM (13 years, 26 days ago)

Anyone ever tried that "smokeaway" stuff they sell on t.v. It looks like a load of bullshit but it would be nice to know if a real person actually had something to say about it.

--------------------
I'm a nihilist. Lets be friends.

bang bang

OfflinePsilopleix
Extended Symbol

Loc: aridzone1
Re: I got made an offer.... [Re: d33p]
    #2087734 - 11/10/03 12:14 AM (13 years, 26 days ago)

do it for yourself, not the money... 3D means the best for you, and when you finally do quit you'll have realized the money didnt matter at all. Youve saved your body, and noone can put cash on that :cool:

remember to call me over when you buy a phat sack and we'll blaze it up  :spliff: :grin: :bong:   

InvisibleSammi
stoner

Loc: Texas
Re: I got made an offer.... [Re: Psilopleix]
    #2087930 - 11/10/03 01:10 AM (13 years, 26 days ago)

I know 3D wants the best for me. But Syko is right. I cant stop unless *I* want to. And honestly right now I really dont want to. I went 4 hours without a cig and I didnt know what to do with myself. Maybe right now just isnt the time to stop for me.
I'm sure one day i will...but right now just isnt the time.

I love 3d for trying cuz I know he loves me and wants me to be healthy :smile: I would love to have 120 bucks....but maybe at a later time it would work.

i like smoking...just like I like smoking weed. Maybe one day I will change my mind.

--------------------
Every cause has an effect, but in the end you get what you give.

Offlinewrestler_az
PsiLLy BiLLy
Male User Gallery Arcade Champion: Chopper Challenge

Loc: day dreams of a mad man
    #2088001 - 11/10/03 01:28 AM (13 years, 26 days ago)

i been smoking for a long time now, i like to smoke, and i hate it at the same time....ive tried to quit several times, with no success....but 120 bucks would definitly be a good incentive for me to keep on track! go for it, what you got to lose? after the month is over, you got 120 bucks...wouldnt that be nice? think of all the cigs you could buy with that :smirk:

lol, im just kidding, but seriously, give it a shot....3D must care an awfull lot about you to make such an offer...sounds to me like he wants to keep you around for a while :grin:

good luck 

--------------------
how's your WOW?

Edited by yageman (04/20/06 4:20 PM) 

Offlinesykobish
 User Gallery

#2088064 - 11/10/03 01:41 AM (13 years, 26 days ago)

Something else that may help you a bit. It may not help you quit.. but it would probably help you to cut down.

What you do is, from the time you wake up to the time you go to sleep, every time you have a smoke, write it down. Write down the exact time you had one. For the whole day. Then.. the next day. Count up how many smokes you wrote down that you had. Say you smoked.. 12. Use that as a guide as to how many you can have for the day. Then what you do, is make a time table for yourself. Spread the 12 smokes that you are allowed to smoke (or however many it was that you recorded that you smoke in a day).. Spread it out for the whole day with the same time intervals between each one. So, if you smoke 12 smokes for the day, you write in the time table that you are to have (if you are awake for 12 hours per day lets say) 1 smoke every hour. And stick to that schedule. Have ONE smoke exactly EACH hour. I haven't tried this theory out on anyone yet.. but the way i think it would help, is because you may not always want to have a smoke. You dont have a smoke like clockwork. You have it whenever you feel like it. This way, if you are 'forced' to have one at a certain time, you are still smoking as many as you normally do, just at different times. At times when you may not WANT one.. and by doing that.. it will make you not like it. See what i'm trying to say? That may help you cut down because no one likes to have a smoke when they dont feel like it. Give it a try. Keep a record each day of your 'scheduled' smoke breaks, and check off the ones you have. Eventually, i think this method may make you want to skip the scheduled smokes. As i said, i've never put this theory to the test.. but i think there's a good possibility it would work. Even if it doesn't, whats the harm in trying? But remember, do NOT smoke when it is not time to have your scheduled cigarette once you have worked out how many you smoke in a day, and have set that number of smokes per day, with the same time between each one. If you or anyone else puts this to the test, i would very much appreciate any of you to let me know how it turned out. Test it out for at least 4-7 days. Tell me if it worked or not.

--------------------
I would rather have had one breath of her hair, one kiss from her mouth, one touch of her hand, than eternity without it. One.
-={Nite-Crew}=-

*-_Thread_Jacker_-*
To love is to admire with the heart; to admire is to love with the mind. - Th?ophile Gautier.
Global Living Space

Offlinesykobish
 User Gallery

Re: I got made an offer.... [Re: d33p]
    #2088084 - 11/10/03 01:44 AM (13 years, 26 days ago)

Quote:

d33p said:
Anyone ever tried that "smokeaway" stuff they sell on t.v. It looks like a load of bullshit but it would be nice to know if a real person actually had something to say about it.

I've never tried that. I tried the patch once. But i don't feel it really did anything. I think it works more on the psychological side then the actual physical side. That's my opinion, i could be wrong.

--------------------
-={Nite-Crew}=-

*-_Thread_Jacker_-*
Global Living Space

OfflineJackal
Well Versed In Etiquette
 User Gallery

#2088411 - 11/10/03 03:57 AM (13 years, 26 days ago)

Sammi, you're gonna have to want to stop. I offered my lady ?1000 ~ $1500 to quit and she turned it down because she didn't want to quit. She's quit now though (mental note to self; must give some suuportive words when I get home, it must be a month now).

I've never smoked so I'm unable to assess how difficult it actually is. But if you've only been smoking for three years it'll be a lot easier and benefical to give up now than when you've been smoking 30 years and have a lung like this:

Instead of a nice one like this:

You go gal!

:smirk: 

Offlinesykobish
 User Gallery

Re: I got made an offer.... [Re: Jackal]
    #2088459 - 11/10/03 04:30 AM (13 years, 26 days ago)

I dont really think it matters about how long you have been smoking. I think that is just another excuse. It all depends on the person. Whether you have smoked for 10 years or 1 year. If you have an addictive personality, it makes it all that harder for you to quit, regardless of length of time you've done it for.

--------------------
-={Nite-Crew}=-

*-_Thread_Jacker_-*
Global Living Space

Anonymous #1

Re: I got made an offer.... [Re: sykobish]
    #2088570 - 11/10/03 06:10 AM (13 years, 26 days ago)

your right syko.

sammi - I think you can quit if you put your mind to it. I would take the 120 bucks that 3D
s gives you and just buy more weed. roll joints all day and smoke them.. they you will stop smoking cigs and only smoke pot. :grin: it might work anyway. 120 dollars is alot of money. That will pay the bills and you will save your money frm not buying the cigs. :smile:

peace

zerohero

InvisibleRipple
Ripple
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: the timbers of Fennario
    #2088730 - 11/10/03 09:23 AM (13 years, 26 days ago)

Sammi,

I'm still smoking after 30 years and believe me, quitting will just get harder as the years pass. Do it now and quit for yourself and 3D and your lives together!

Shine On

--------------------
The bus came by and I got on that's when it all began!

OfflinegeokillsA
∙∙∙∙☼ º¿° ☼∙∙∙∙
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels Flag
    #2089520 - 11/10/03 03:35 PM (13 years, 26 days ago)

Quote:

Sammi said:
I would love to have 120 bucks....but maybe at a later time it would work.

i like smoking...just like I like smoking weed. Maybe one day I will change my mind. 

Didn't even think about this before, but with the money 3D is offering - you can substitute marijuana cigarettes for tobacco quite easily.  Therefore you'll still be able to do what you enjoy, that is smoke.  You should really quit something as addicting as cigs are :nonono:

--------------------

--------------------
··∙   long live the shroomery  ∙··
...π╥ ╥π...

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being