Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineorizon
shroomin bliss

Easier to produce...Shrooms Or DMT?
    #2086698 - 11/09/03 02:18 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Hi...I have become really interested in this DMT substance. It seems to be a harmless psychadelic like shrooms and acid despite previous beliefs. I have found shrooms pretty easy to grow generally and I want a comparison. How much harder will it be to extract-(sythesize?) DMT from this mystery plant (Im still not sure which one it is and how hard it is to obtain!!!) compared to growing shrooms. Also what holds a higher recreational value? If a friend had a choice between DMT and Shrooms....which would you tell him to choose?
thanks, Orizon

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMadtowntripper
Sun-Beams out of Cucumbers
 User Gallery

Loc: The Ocean of Notions
Re: Easier to produce...Shrooms Or DMT? [Re: orizon]
    #2086707 - 11/09/03 02:24 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Lots of plants contain DMT...Phalaris grass is probably the easiest to grow. Legal in the states, as far as I know, and its a grass. Heh. put the seeds on some dirt in a cookie sheet, and voila. I've never done the extraction, so no advice there...

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

Offlineorizon
shroomin bliss

Re: Easier to produce...Shrooms Or DMT? [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #2086747 - 11/09/03 02:59 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Phalaris grass avaialbe at home depot?

Offlinestefan
work in progress

Loc: The Netherlands
    #2086749 - 11/09/03 03:01 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

mimosa hostilis is mostly used for dmt extractions.
look in this thread for extraction methods: http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat...;o=&fpart=1

it's really hard to compare dmt with shrooms, a dmt trip is short, a shroom trip way longer etc.
I I had the choice for dmt or shrooms I would choose dmt because it's rare and shrooms are not (for me at least :smirk:)

in december I'm going to try an extraction, so i hope that goes well.

OfflineInfrared
sleeping
Male User Gallery

Loc: Chicago, USA
    #2086760 - 11/09/03 03:12 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

a shroom trip is a little longer and more enjoyable for the novice tryptamine user. growing shrooms and extracting dmt are about equal difficulty, although growing shrooms takes about twice as long. i prefer smoking some dmt to taking shrooms, but most people dont.

--------------------
When chemistry is outlawed.. Only outlaws have chemistry:rainbowdrink:

Invisiblebuckwheat
Cynically Insane

Loc: Not Enough Characters to ...
Re: Easier to produce...Shrooms Or DMT? [Re: Infrared]
    #2086843 - 11/09/03 04:24 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

for a recreational expirience i would choose shrooms.but i defenatly like dmt better only i would not consider it recreational.

for me atleast the dmt extraction was easier and fun,nothing better than watching dmt crystals magicaly appear on a dish.growing shrooms was a pain for me i got contams all the time.

Offlineorizon
shroomin bliss

Re: Easier to produce...Shrooms Or DMT? [Re: buckwheat]
    #2086964 - 11/09/03 05:30 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Are the chemical ingredients required for extracting DMT hard to obtain? Licenses etc...? Im just quite surprised Ive never really heard much hype of this throughout highschool and my first year of college or really even in the psychadelic scene at all. I've heard more about banana peels then DMT!!?!?

OfflineInfrared
sleeping
Male User Gallery

#2087650 - 11/09/03 09:43 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

there isnt that much hype because not to many people like dmt. like mentioned before it isnt really a recreational drug. it is super intense and only lasts like 20 minutes. most people dont like it but i am one of the crazy few who love it. i reccomend everyone try it though, there is nothing that can compare in this world to a dmt flash. as for supply's for extraction, just go to your local hardware store they should have most of the stuff you need, solvents, murartic acid etc. if you need any more help you can pm me or post it here, talking about dmt never gets old :grin:

--------------------

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
    #2088589 - 11/10/03 04:30 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

> not to many people like dmt

Really? I haven't heard that before. (Not being sarcastic, just surprised.)

> it isnt really a recreational drug

This is very true.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Offlineorizon
shroomin bliss

Re: Easier to produce...Shrooms Or DMT? [Re: Seuss]
    #2088653 - 11/10/03 05:38 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

SO it kinda falls in the category of the Datura plant that are psychadelic but mostly used as a tool to "contact the spirits" rather than something that you just get fucked up on?

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
    #2088656 - 11/10/03 05:53 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

> SO it kinda falls in the category of the Datura plant that are psychadelic

Nothing at all even close to Datura. When I say not a recreational drug, I mean that it isn't something a bunch of people would go out and take for a fun time on the town.

> as a tool to "contact the spirits" rather than something that you just get fucked up on?

Contact the spirits... self exploration... etc... exactly.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

InvisibleMarioNett
Stranger
Re: Easier to produce...Shrooms Or DMT? [Re: Seuss]
    #2088689 - 11/10/03 06:54 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

DMT is pretty safe, and Datura is not. You probably knew that, but it makes me nervous when people make comparisons like that.

Invisiblezeta
Stranger

Re: Easier to produce...Shrooms Or DMT? [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #2088725 - 11/10/03 07:21 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

People always talk about how wonderful phalaris grass is, but I have never heard of anybody successfully extracting a usable quantity of DMT from it.

Invisiblebuckwheat
Cynically Insane

Re: Easier to produce...Shrooms Or DMT? [Re: MarioNett]
    #2088740 - 11/10/03 07:28 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

DMT is not as popular as other drugs because it has a way to protect itself from the people that don't need to be taking it.like your recreational tripper would take dmt and probably think he has died or be scared shitless, i consider that a great experience but most people wont. the dmt experience itself keeps it away from the wrong people.last thing we need is a bunch of kids in the emergency room freaking out on ayahuasca or something. it has been around as long as shrooms, lsd, and mescaline have.its also not as common because those that have it or can make it realize that it should never be a street drug and the experience is not for everyone or is necessarily fun

Offlineorizon
shroomin bliss

#2089543 - 11/10/03 01:46 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

As long as its a safe psychadelic like cid and shrooms Im down for trying it. I know Datura is dangerous but that is one of those drugs that people end of doin a few times and never do again cause the experience is not recreational...but rather usualy scary (that was my groudns of comarison---not the danger factor). Can I expect a more uncomfortable trip from DMT? I try to stay away from the hard psychadelic like--- AMP-- chemicals like PCP and AMT and thats what I thought DMT originally was.

OfflineInfrared
sleeping
Male User Gallery

#2090099 - 11/10/03 05:15 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

dmt is a natural pyschedelic. it has been used for thousands of years by tribes in the amazon, in the form of ayahuasca. it is probably the safest psychedelic compound out there. but like i mentioned most people that do it get frightened out of their mind by it. it is not a social drug in the least bit, which is what most drug users are looking for. and dmt and datura are completely unrelated compounds, they have no similarities at all. dmt is completely safe and datura is not.

--------------------

Invisiblepsychopsilocyber
Male

#2098932 - 11/12/03 08:30 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

DeepBlue42 said:
a shroom trip is a little longer and more enjoyable for the novice tryptamine user. growing shrooms and extracting dmt are about equal difficulty, although growing shrooms takes about twice as long. i prefer smoking some dmt to taking shrooms, but most people dont.

Once you understand growing/extracting you'll realize it's easier to extract DMT. If you think it takes a few weeks to extract you're probly looking at QTs tek, if you know what you're doing it only takes a day or 2, maybe 3. You can pull of an extraction in 1-3 days and have no mess after cleaning, that's safer than having mushroom growing equipment around for months. Also I've never seen someone not like DMT in all of my experience.

The only problem for most people is finding the root-bark. Most places you would think of sell at retail prices, wholesale is what you want. That's all I have to say about that, dont ask me where to get root-bark or I wont reply.

InvisibleJohn
ssdp.org

Loc: Vancouver, B.C.
Re: Easier to produce...Shrooms Or DMT? [Re: psychopsilocyber]
    #2098963 - 11/12/03 08:39 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Hell you can use QTs tek and have crystals in a day if you know what to do you just won't get the full expected yield, which isn't a problem because you can follow the tek after you get your first bit of crystals. That link in your sig is good though. As far as bark I don't see why you would be secertive about it, I really don't care because I get it at a decent price also but I don't see a reason not to lead someone in the right direction if they need help.

--------------------
There's a thin line between sanity and insanity... and I just snorted it.

OfflineInfrared
sleeping
Male User Gallery

#2099138 - 11/12/03 09:26 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

i know, i have extracted dmt a fare share of times(leave it at that)and once you know what your doing it should only take 1-4 days. but for a first timer it is always better to take your time. and i stand by my statement that shrooms appeal to alot more people than dmt does.

--------------------

Offlineorizon
shroomin bliss

#2100220 - 11/13/03 03:22 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Well DeepBlue I can tell you like DMT by that pic at the bottom hehe....Once I get some free time I will try and get around to extracting this stuff. I was hoping somebody could ponit me in the right direction of where to find the best plant possible to use for this extraction. Like would a plant nursery carry that stuff? This may seem like a dumb question but can you just eat the damn root? People have said the grass is better than the root or bark on some threads.

Offlineone800chiapet
Plant-HumanRelationshipsover the phone
    #2102532 - 11/13/03 04:44 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

DMT isn't orally active, so even if you managed to eat enough rootbark, you probably still wouldn't feel anything.

OfflineInfrared
sleeping
Male User Gallery

Re: Easier to produce...Shrooms Or DMT? [Re: one800chiapet]
    #2102545 - 11/13/03 04:48 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

www.ayahuasca.com , if you want to consume dmt orally you will also need an maoi.

--------------------

Offlineone800chiapet
Plant-HumanRelationshipsover the phone
    #2102562 - 11/13/03 04:53 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Great forum on that site btw

OfflineInfrared
sleeping
Male User Gallery

Re: Easier to produce...Shrooms Or DMT? [Re: one800chiapet]
    #2102587 - 11/13/03 04:59 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

http://dmt.lycaeum.org/dmt/p2/phpBB2/ , this is an even better forum for those dmt-freebase heads :wink:

--------------------

Offlineorizon
shroomin bliss

#2102658 - 11/13/03 05:20 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

NICE DEEpBlue!!! Hey I was wondering can you recreationally do this stuff and still keep on a straight head. I mean I recreationally take half doses of shrooms a couple times each month (mostly for a musical inspiration tool) and I still get good grades and keep up with my tech job to pay my way though school. But I know if I had sheets of LSD, I would be a psychological mess---kinda like my spaced out friends that are forced to move home from Santa Barbara from just being all tripped out all the time. I mean there is nothing wrong with being a hippy and gettin into the scene but atleast maintain proper heigene!!! like brush your teeth and take showers daily!!! SOrry for gettin off topic, Ima little shroom buzzed right now...hehe. Another small question...can you lace your cigs with DMT and sneak them into a rave and smoke it as if it were a regualar cig. DOes in protrude a distinctive odor like pot?
I didnt mean Im lookin to take the stuff orally which was a confusion from the previous post, Im new and still wondering what is best way of administration. I guess smokin is it.

OfflineInfrared
sleeping
Male User Gallery

#2102680 - 11/13/03 05:26 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

dmt only lasts like 20-30 mintues, its nothing like the 15 hours lsd rollercoaster. and you have to freebase dmt so you dont waste it, either a test tube or a lightbulb. smoking it in a joint supposedly works, so i guess a cig may work. but still this isnt something you really want to do in public anyways.

--------------------

InvisibleJohn
ssdp.org

#2102698 - 11/13/03 05:31 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

DMT isn't orally active, so even if you managed to eat enough rootbark, you probably still wouldn't feel anything.

Jonathon Ott mentions mhrb is active without a maoi and so do a few people here...

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat...=&fpart=all

And deep as far as dmt world I never have seen your ass there yet :smirk: :tongue2: 

--------------------

OfflineInfrared
sleeping
Male User Gallery

Re: Easier to produce...Shrooms Or DMT? [Re: John]
    #2102720 - 11/13/03 05:41 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

before my computer funked out on me i was there a lot. i dont go there much anymore because my computer freezes every 15 minutes, so i visit here first cause i actually have some stuff to do here. dmt world is still the best forum

--------------------

Offlineabhi
Why not?
Female User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: in some small dive
    #2102740 - 11/13/03 05:49 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

is dmt also known as 5 methoxy n, dimethyltryptamine? or am i confusing my chemicals?

--------------------

OfflineInfrared
sleeping
Male User Gallery

Re: Easier to produce...Shrooms Or DMT? [Re: abhi]
    #2102756 - 11/13/03 05:53 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

2 seperate chems, N,N-DMT and 5-methoxy-N,N-DMT

--------------------

Invisiblepsychopsilocyber
Male

#2107511 - 11/14/03 07:18 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

>As far as bark I don't see why you would be secertive about it, I really >don't care because I get it at a decent price also but I don't see a >reason not to lead someone in the right direction if they need help.

Well it's bad enough for me that I say so much about how to extract and what not, if I were to tell people where to get it I would be telling them how to make it and how to get it. Too much too much I think that's a bit too much. That's the personal problem with telling mass people where to find good cheap root-bark, and then there's other peoples problems with me doing that. Nobody in particular, I'm just being respectfull. If all these people started getting hooked up the chances of someone getting caught are probably greater, which brings up the chances of a wholesaler getting caught. I'm just trying to keep things low key. I may be able to tell a few more trustable people(does this mean you?) about one of my wholesalers, but i wont post it, and I wont tell everyone that askes(probably nobody).

Offlineorizon
shroomin bliss

#2107598 - 11/14/03 08:03 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

The root is completely legal though....but I understand your concern. I think sending the root that came with directions of how to extract the DMT would be pushing the buttons of the law.

InvisibleJohn
ssdp.org

#2109603 - 11/15/03 05:03 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Good anwser and I respect that, glad your looking out for the vendor as well as DMT itself, I also wouldn't broadcast a supplier on these (or any other) boards, but don't have a problem helping people out that I know would respect it in general (the dmt experience, the vendors security, and me) What I meant was by telling certain people was through pm, you would be surprised how many fuckin pm's a day I get about research chemicals becasue I talk about them all the time, many I tell I have no idea what a rc is or where you can get them, and the few I trust I will hookup with a trustworthy supplier, so I understand where your coming from just didn't think before I typed

--------------------

Invisiblebuckwheat
Cynically Insane

#2110175 - 11/15/03 09:12 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

yup.. also over at the hive when someone mentions a place like ebay that for example has red phosphoros all of the sudden its not available at the said supplier anymore. so these bulk mimosa suppliers should be kept on the hush hush :lipsrsealed: . especially since dmt containing plants are on the top  the dea's  list of drugs on to get rid off on the internet aparantly from what ive heard on other forums. they are afraid of ayahuascas esp and remote viewing powers. 

Invisibleshroomzey
Humble Student
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #8670551 - 07/23/08 04:23 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Does anyone have any idea if the DEA would be able to track any personal shipments of mimosa hostilis purchases?  Or if anyone has had their door knocked on with someone checking on the purchase?  This information would be pretty valuable to me.

--------------------

200 years from now, we will look back and laugh at ourselves for how stupid we were.
My Glovebox
Find a respected member of the community and study them.  I give thanks to: RogerRabbit, agar, hyphae, Nibin, fahtster, The shroomy 1, monstermitch, FooMan, HippieChick, Blue Helix, eatyualive, mycofile, and many, many more.
Never accept mediocrity, always return the love that is given to you.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates