Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinematteo
empty

Mush trips... letting go and the nature of this.
    #2086233 - 11/09/03 09:39 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

This is a question more than a tip, and while i'm sure it's been answered many times before in different guises I'm still going to ask it, so bear with me :smile:

I have tripped five times. My fourth trip was a bad trip, thirty grams of fresh columbian P.Cubes, it got very scary, I beleive I struggled with my ego for the whole time, got stuck in negative thought loops and generally just panicked, It was an educational experience but horrific to be within - I forgot everything about myself, everything that made me human, couldnt understand words or sentences and so on. I was with one close friend and we remained quiet for most of the trip, I myself was writhing on my bed in panic and pain while my friend, unable to assist me (as he was tripping fairly hard himself) sat on the couch and blithered quietly.

Over a month passed, and i felt it was time to venture into the psychedellic realm again - the stars pointed towards an interesting time to take a trip, and several friends had contacted me asking to do just that. In the end i decided to trip with only one friend again, a different one to the last trip, but similarly close. This time it was only 15grams, as I was nervous of falling into a bad trip again. We dosed and decided to go for a walk, Fireworks were going off everywhere and I began to panic again, i asked to go back home and we lay on the grass in the front for a bit, my friend giggling and me tossing and turning, trying to put my worries down to a little coming up anxiety and leave it at that.

We went back into my room and i retreated to my bed again, this time writhing physically, language once more made no sense and as much as my friend tried to talk to me i couldnt understand a word of it. My sister came in, and we started talking. Her level head helped me see normality still existed, and my friend helped to talk me out of my bad headspace. We discussed the transitory nature of things once i had language back and eventually i understood that I may feel bad, but i will eventually feel good again, and i relaxed myself and slowly but surely began to enjoy the trip, finally emerging into a beatifully fun and talkative trip.

My problem? I feel that in fighting the mushrooms to remain in reality I am somewhat missing the point, but I remain terrified of what lies on the "other side" so to speak. I may have relaxed but only once i had grabbed onto reality nice and firmly. Can anyone offer me any advice to help me let go? How do I fully explore this drug? I have had some amazing experiences with mushrooms but I feel they have been shallow, perhaps too social. I need a way to cope with the fear and let go. Can anyone help?

--------------------
I have presented the above as fact, but it is only based on one of an infinite number of possible theories, each of which is as true as the other is false.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibletruekimbo2
Cya later, friends.
Male User Gallery

Loc: ny
Re: Mush trips... letting go and the nature of this. [Re: matteo]
    #2086240 - 11/09/03 09:44 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

hahahhahaahha, thats exactly what my last ayahuasca trip was.

decide before hand if there are any comparable mechanisms for learning/healing in your normal life, if so, perhaps tripping on naturals is not for you (shakes his fist at those natural hallucinagens).

however, think long and hard, and if you truely believe the knowledge from the shrooms is worth learning, don't take it with poeple, take it in a setting where you can do whatever you want without poeple being around to judge you, and just let go, tell the shrooms you want to keep going.

--------------------
You can check the last post in my journal for contact info.

Offlinematteo
empty

Re: Mush trips... letting go and the nature of this. [Re: truekimbo2]
    #2086246 - 11/09/03 09:50 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Thanks kimbo.. About comparable mechanisms... the only time I feel as clean and healed as after a mush trip is after a rave (accompanied by X).. Perhaps you are right and mushrooms just arent for me. I would like to trip in a setting alone, but fear that I would descend into insanity and perhaps never return. I know this is illogical but you must understand the absolute nature of the psychedellic fear... since you forget your past it becomes the first and only fear you have known, and therefore the greatest.

Are there any techniques people know for dealing with this anxiety? It must be something simple though, anything complex i would forget in the grip of ego war...

--------------------
I have presented the above as fact, but it is only based on one of an infinite number of possible theories, each of which is as true as the other is false.

Offlineguitarmon
musician

#2086276 - 11/09/03 10:13 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

I'm not an expert ... only done shrooms 5 or 6 times myself ... all positive experiences.

Relax, explore and experience the trip ... it is what it is. Don't judge ... don't fear ... fear is the mind killer.

Don't worry and distract yourself by trying to analyze the trip during your experience, just 'feel it' and go with the flow ... you'll have plenty of time afterwards to think about and analyze the trip and what it meant to you.

Offlinestudent
Stranger

#2086303 - 11/09/03 10:29 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Try tripping alone with a low dose, about 1-1.5 gram dried. But you can not go into it worrying about the fear. Preparation is key. If you prepare yourself well, and put yourself in a good place, you will get what you want from the mushrooms. You need to figure out the drug for yourself before you can use it socially. I can't tell you this is the only way, but it is a good way to beat the fear...well at least start controlling the fear.
It is hard to get back into tripping after you scare yourself badly, but I think it is the only way to realize the power of the drug. Respect, caused by fear, is still respect.
Once you understand and respect it, your world will be a better place. I hope you find what you are looking for.

good luck,
student

Offlinematteo
empty

Re: Mush trips... letting go and the nature of this. [Re: student]
    #2086315 - 11/09/03 10:35 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Student, I both do and do not respect the drug. the fear from my fourth trip led me to massively respect it, and of course led me to take half the dose the next time, but i still became greedy as i was getting the things, wanting more (so glad i didnt take more..) and so on, and of course once the trip went a little bad I respected the drug immensely, driven by the fear.

I have used them socially succesfully and without fear, it's only the last two trips that have contained the fear element. Perhaps a lone trip Is in order, scary as the prospect may be..

Thanks for everyones advice, and more is still very much welcomed.

--------------------

OfflineProtester
Stoner ReekingHavok

#2086436 - 11/09/03 11:51 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

When you plan your lone trip id recommend be sitting some where in the woods while the sun is rising and just enjoy the beuity thats all around you.

--------------------
I work my shitty 9-5 and I pay my taxes, I'm not hurting anybody else. So why do you care what i do in my spare time.

OfflineCubieman420
Sharing in thegroove
 User Gallery

Loc: Midwest
Re: Mush trips... letting go and the nature of this. [Re: Protester]
    #2086525 - 11/09/03 12:41 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

This may seem like a strange suggestion to everyone, but I have tripped over 20 times on mushrooms and NEVER had a "bad trip" even with high doses of 5+...anyways, try tripping with 3, even 4 close friends, in my experience everyone seems to feed off of one another's vibes have a good time, even if someone is starting to get some anxiety the others will keep them going and they will get out of their thought loop or whatever the problem is, and enjoy the trip. Tripping with just two people can almost be uncomfortable at some times because if one person is having a bad time then the other person will be dragged down, I haven't tripped alone ever and don't plan to so I can't give you advice with this but all I know is that having a small group always works great for me. You may be sensitive to mushrooms, just try 2.5g's of some P. cubies and have a blast. :mushroom2: 

--------------------
"...now waters run free, no more fish in the sea..."
1983-2004

Offlinematteo
empty

Re: Mush trips... letting go and the nature of this. [Re: Cubieman420]
    #2086538 - 11/09/03 12:48 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

you are right cubie, to the extent that every trip i've had with more than two people has been a completely positive one, and i think your theory has validity, yet I still feel there is something to be learnt from having only yourself to explore, i just wish to find a way to engineer myself beyond "the fear".

--------------------

Invisibletruekimbo2
Cya later, friends.
Male User Gallery

Loc: ny
Re: Mush trips... letting go and the nature of this. [Re: Cubieman420]
    #2086543 - 11/09/03 12:50 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

if i decided to go with a trip, just deep breathe and forget your normal life, let that pyschedellic dome effect take place and remeber that there's a completely seperate pyschedelic you thats perfectly capable of handling that world.

--------------------
You can check the last post in my journal for contact info.

Offlineant61
Male
Loc: colorado
Re: Mush trips... letting go and the nature of this. [Re: truekimbo2]
    #2086634 - 11/09/03 01:52 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

try dried shroom's
they're alittle more managable to me.......

Offlinematteo
empty

Re: Mush trips... letting go and the nature of this. [Re: ant61]
    #2086675 - 11/09/03 02:09 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

TK, that made alot of sense to me, and was really quite helpful, thanks alot. :smile:

--------------------

Offlinestudent
Stranger

#2087001 - 11/09/03 05:58 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Protester said "When you plan your lone trip I would recommend be sitting some where in the woods while the sun is rising, and just enjoy the beauty that is all around you." [edited for spelling, sorry]

I forgot about that.
Hearing all the sounds of nature is quite possibly one of the most euphoric sounds imaginable. Even during the afterglow. The last time I tripped, I did it on holloween night alone in a woods. I took a little nap and watched the sun rise through the trees. It was the most amazing thing I have experienced at college. Another time at home I ate a half eighth just before sunrise on the city peir facing the eastern sky. I rose with the sun, and it was just us for the day. "just you and me today mister sunshine."[something I wrote in my notebook] Nothing could get me down. The sun rise is amazing. It is just about impossible to have fear when you are lit with the warm glow of the morning sun.

If you don't believe me, here is another quote from the sunshine trip- "I'm sorry about the shoddy ship shape. ishoud be dressed better for such an occasion." I actually thought that my normal tripping clothes were not good enough to share the day with the sun.

matteo- Respect is only part of the equation. Understanding is best achieved while alone IMHO. And that seems to be the thing holding you back. Once you let go the understanding will come. It is one of those things in life that cannot be forced. It will visit you when it wants to. That is why I suggested the low dose. It is a lot easier to gain understanding of mushrooms when you are not thrown into another demension.

peace,
student

OfflineTheSlapnCapn
Slappin' thangs.
Male User Gallery

Loc: zee mountain state
Re: Mush trips... letting go and the nature of this. [Re: student]
    #2087260 - 11/09/03 07:43 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Usually always there is anxiety experienced during the come-up that makes me feel like i'm about to lose it--the "omg what did i just eat?" feeling if you will. Like first hill on a roller coaster it seems. What I like to do is to listen to music that is very positive or uplifting--hendrix did the trick last time.. sometimes bob marley or just any music that puts you in a good mood no matter when you listen to it. Keep reminding yourself that after the anxiety passes you will feel wonderful and that you took the drug to learn lessons about life and the journey will end in a few hours... I had the problem of "hanging on" to the anxiety once--that is, I stayed focused on it even after the real "g-force" of the come-up was over... Then I realized that I didn't need to be doing this at all and i let go of it and it was splendid after this. All that really needs to be done is to realize the anxiety is only caused by your ego holding onto reality... Say to yourself... "fuck reality! bring on the trip motherfucker!" Just keep saying "bring it on... teach me... show me... i WANT to trip."

Rid yourself of the doubt and the sailing will be smoove.

-j

--------------------
I promise to live, love, exist, and be, and hope that all life will love to be in existence with me. Also, fuck you.

-j

OfflineNiamhNyx
I'm NOT a 'he'
Female User Gallery

Re: Mush trips... letting go and the nature of this. [Re: TheSlapnCapn]
    #2089324 - 11/10/03 12:27 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

On my first trip I held onto a small shred of anxiety. While most of me was being propelled into a deeply spiritual experience in which I became God shining Love down upon the Earth, a small part of ego kept thinking "Holy shit holy shit! Has it been 6 hours yet?? This is too much! I can't take so much emotion!"

At the same time another piece of my ego kept berating the anxious piece. So my ego was duelling itself while my higher levels were trying to ignore that and experience profound amounts of Love.

I suppose my only advice is to not even regard anxiety, don't think about it. Instead focus on Love. Imagine yourself opening to it and make that your only focus. If that starts to get so intense that anxiety kicks in again have things around you that offer comfort. Like a really close friend, your childhood security blanket, etc. Be in a setting surrounded by objects and individuals that make you feel safe, unjudged and loved.

Offlinearex7tt
crunk
Re: Mush trips... letting go and the nature of this. [Re: NiamhNyx]
    #2090008 - 11/10/03 04:39 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

music

InvisibleClosetCase
but only inwinter

Loc: Somewhere rubbing my nugs...
    #2093096 - 11/11/03 03:33 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Matteo,

I can't offer you advice on how to let go, it is just something YOU have to do. Words from people on the internet will not fulfill you to the point in which you can fulfill yourself from your own realizations. The shrooms can help you, but you can't fight them like you fight your fear.

This may be harsh, and it may cause negative feelings during your trip, but go somewhere where you are alone next time and think about death. Think about if you will still exist after you die, form your own beliefs about if an afterlife exists. Think about what would be important to you if you were not coming back to reality again. What you had loved and what you will miss. This should give you a better understanding of your true self, and, like student said, enjoy the sunrise.

--------------------
"as your attourney I advise you to rent a very fast car with no top, and you'll need the cocaine.."

"well.. why not? I mean if anything's worth doing, it's worth doing right. THIS IS THE AMERICAN DREAM IN ACTION"

Offlinematteo
empty

Re: Mush trips... letting go and the nature of this. [Re: ClosetCase]
    #2101399 - 11/13/03 11:28 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

It sounds like a daunting prospect closet... But interesting. I wont be tripping again for a while anyway, at least a month or so, but all of this advice I will bear in mind when i next do.

And thanks to everyone that did reply with kind words and helpful advice, Even though i dont post here that often I know that when I do it will always be met with friendly and intelligent responses. Thanks again :smile:

Peace and happy tripping :laugh:

--------------------

OfflineInjectTruth
Wasting my Time,Waiting for theEnd
Male

Loc: New Jerusalem
    #2103918 - 11/13/03 10:20 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

For me, I usually only get scared when im around other people. When im by myself, I just close my eyes and lay down. No time for fear then. Dont know why. Im pretty fragile, mentally and physically. Nonetheless, you sound devout in your interest, the solo trip will give birth to the new you.

--------------------
On a personal level, Freaking Out is a process whereby an
individual casts off outmoded and restricting standars of
thinking, dress, and social etiquette in order to express
CREATIVELY his relationship to his immediate environment and
the social structure as a whole.

http://www.OrganicPharming.com - Ethno Shopping Portal

Offlinelyte
Stranger
Re: Mush trips... letting go and the nature of this. [Re: InjectTruth]
    #2106105 - 11/14/03 11:45 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Well, my first trip which was over a month ago by now, was completely uplifting and revitalizing. It brought hope and faith back into my world. These forums, and the bad user experiences are eventually, or may not, going to get to me. Let's cross our fingers! I'm going to see Armin van Buuren in Columbus tonight, with my candy bar..ciao!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order