Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Salvia

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
help please
    #2086191 - 11/09/03 10:50 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

can anyone give me a link to side effects or ld for shrooms i had a friend who had muscle contractions and vomiting prior to a level 5 plus i know this isnt the forum but all my searchs havent found anything

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
now with 20%more anger

Folding@home Statistics
Re: help please [Re: scagtbags]
    #2086316 - 11/09/03 12:36 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

isnt there an old saying that you'd have to eat your own body weight in mushrooms to od? muscle contractions and vomiting eh? sounds about right. many people throw up when the eat mushies, its just part of the game. muscle contractions...i get weird ass twitches when i trip on anything. no fear, unless they arnt the right kinda mushies.

Loc: Berkeley, CA
Re: help please [Re: angryjslice]
    #2086393 - 11/09/03 01:22 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

I think the LD50 dose of psilocybin is about equivalent to your own body weight in wet ps cubensis shrooms or on average what 15 pounds dry? of course before you even got 1% of that down you'd be puking like a motherfucker. Puking when you are tripping SUCKS, I mean the toilet bowl looks wierd enough when you are tripping and taking a piss, but puking, it is just horribly surreal. But anyway, I digress, as far as physical side effects there isn't much, shrooms that are not poisonous or contaminated pose a very low physical risk. And you know they aren't poisonous if you can be sure what strain they are, and usually contaminated shrooms are easy to pick out...they smell/look much worse! The main risks with shrooms are purely mental. The vomiting is pretty obvious. I'm sure he had to eat a lot for a lvl 5 and when you combine the anxiety of coming up (which I'm sure was like a rocket ride) with the anxiety about eating that much, ones stomach is likely to not feel good. The muscle contractions could be a result of that same anxiety? Really just a guess, but I know when I'm anxious in general I make many more involuntary movements, and I know when I'm coming up on shrooms I get really anxious and fidgety, because I don't know how far I'm going to go...once I plateau, and realize it, I relax, and my stomach feels better. I don't think eating shrooms, purely from looking at one's stomach, really is the reason ppl puke, but the combination of your stomach having to do quite a bit of work on them (especially dry shrooms, your stomach has to rehydrate AND digest) combined with nervousness/anxiety of the transition between realities. I've never seen anyone having a good trip puke (although I'm sure it has happened). Hehe, come to think of it, I see myself being anxious for about 45 mins when coming up on shrooms, but salvia, all that anxiousness about changing realities is compressed into like 10 seconds, anxiousness became terror. But looking back it was cool and I'd do it again.

I either talk about my friends in the first or third person, but I never, ever talk about myself on this website. Except that last sentence.

Re: help please [Re: jong21]
    #2086528 - 11/09/03 02:43 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

jong21 said:
I mean the toilet bowl looks wierd enough when you are tripping and taking a piss,

lol, my piss actually looked beautiful while i was doing a piss while tripping,i remember saying "wow" while urinating.

Shiitake head

Loc: N.E. Indy
Re: help please [Re: scagtbags]
    #2086656 - 11/09/03 04:02 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Hey scagtbags, do you know if your friend ate cubes, or possibly something else?

The reason I ask is because your description kinda sounded like a really bad experience I had on Amanita Muscaria.

The result of eating way too much left me very confused, muscle spasms, wild loss of bladder control. All in all, a really scary time.

For couple days after the trip I felt kinda edgy for a few days, but afterwards everything was OK.

"Whateva I do what I want..." Eric Catman

"Whateva, I do what I want..." Eric Cartman

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Salvia

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation