Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinewizard597
Stranger
Salvia was a great disappointment
    #2085538 - 11/08/03 10:40 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

I bought 1 gram of salvia 10x extract from ethnogens.com. I smoked half of the gram, and I barely felt anything...i felt some tingles throughout my body and i felt a little bit weird in my brain, but nothing major. All these websites I read say it's a crazy hallucinogen and such, but I felt nothing from it. How much do you have to smoke to trip from salvia? How long does the trip last, and what is the trip like?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Re: Salvia was a great disappointment [Re: wizard597]
    #2085553 - 11/08/03 10:54 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

How did you smoke it?

Taking massive bong rips is the preferred method of smoking salvia

InvisibleOsker246
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Washington
Re: Salvia was a great disappointment [Re: Organic]
    #2085591 - 11/08/03 11:33 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Most people use a bong to smoke it. A pinchof it should be good..im not sure you might want somebody else to answer that for you. Also which kind of lighter did you use? You are supposed to use the torch lighters for salvia and after you take the hit you keep it in as long as you can. The trip last for around 15 min and some people say that it is better than an LSD trip.

OfflineSeeker1111
Wonderer

Loc: Texas
Re: Salvia was a great disappointment [Re: Organic]
    #2085594 - 11/08/03 11:33 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah, he is right. When I first got my Salvia I smoked it out of a small metal pipe SEVERAL times with no to minimal effects. I then made a small bong out of a water bottle and took in one massive hit and was met with quite a rush and pretty powerful experience. This was only the regular salvia not the extract either. I think the trick is just to get as much smoke into your lungs as humanly possible each hit. Not to say it's impossible but a pipe, for me, just did not accomplish this.

--------------------
----------------
-Seeker 11:11
----------------

OfflineHarbinger
The Power of theRiff Compels Me

Loc: Far Away
Re: Salvia was a great disappointment [Re: Seeker1111]
    #2085635 - 11/09/03 12:01 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Make sure you use a torch lighter as well....salvia has to be very hot for the chemicals to be released.

--------------------
Click the pic to hear some songs I've recorded.

:rockon:

InvisibleEffedS
 User Gallery

Loc: Daylight Slavings
    #2085646 - 11/09/03 12:08 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Salvia IS a poweful hallucinogen, I too was sceptical about the experence reports I read. That is until I had my first breakthrough.

As my peeps above me said, use a water bong and a torch lighter.
You may not have a breakthrough the first time, dont give up.
Salvia is said to have a reverse tolerance effect.
Dont bother thinking about what you are in store for, salvia will knock your socks off.  :grin:

OfflineCubieman420
Sharing in thegroove
 User Gallery

Loc: Midwest
Re: Salvia was a great disappointment [Re: Effed]
    #2085679 - 11/09/03 12:33 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

The first time I hit some 10X out of a bong I felt almost nothing, then I smoked some plain leaf weeks later and felt it really strong, after a while I tried some 5X and I REALLY felt it, just wait...you won't be prepared when it happens :eek: 

--------------------
"...now waters run free, no more fish in the sea..."
1983-2004

Offlineneophyteshroomer
enthusiast
Re: Salvia was a great disappointment [Re: Cubieman420]
    #2086113 - 11/09/03 06:50 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

ok u can use a regular lighter... torch it if ya want, but a lighter is hot enough

--------------------
Make Sure You Bring A Towel!!!
..... You wanna get high?

Offlineneophyteshroomer
enthusiast
Re: Salvia was a great disappointment [Re: neophyteshroomer]
    #2086115 - 11/09/03 06:53 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

reverse tolerance effect?!
man as far as my experience, if it dont work for u that first time u try, u dont try again for a while... im a weird guy i guess hehe

--------------------
Make Sure You Bring A Towel!!!
..... You wanna get high?

Invisiblelongshot
title of what?

Loc: Farther North than you
Re: Salvia was a great disappointment [Re: Effed]
    #2086768 - 11/09/03 03:18 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Effed said:
Salvia IS a poweful hallucinogen, I too was sceptical about the experence reports I read. That is until I had my first breakthrough.

Keep trying till you have a breakthrough.
I swore it didnt work either...that is until the one time the walls and ceiling turned into shag carpet and I fell to the floor reeling.

OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

Loc: beautiful BC
Re: Salvia was a great disappointment [Re: longshot]
    #2086885 - 11/09/03 04:49 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah, i was skeptical too when my first try with 5x made me feel a bit of a pull to the right and nothing more. Then i was blasted off into my own hyper reality where i was god(the controller, see'er, know'er.), the hyper reality was a factory processing reality blocks into soulless human beings without free will into the real world to be fucked for the corporations private agenda. I was also on Acid and E..

Not that i doubted salvia's power, a few days later i wanted to confirm its power without other hallucinogens interfereing...

I was quickly blasted into oblivion, forgot i was on a drug, had a body, or a mind, or was a human, my friends were flat puddles on the floor with giant google eye's examining me. That was traumatizing.

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

Offlinecybrbeast
Up, then down, then...
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: event horizon
    #2087255 - 11/09/03 07:41 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

All these websites I read say it's a crazy hallucinogen and such, but I felt nothing from it. How much do you have to smoke to trip from salvia? How long does the trip last, and what is the trip like?

I'm not trying to bash you or anything, but you are really irresponsible. You decide to use a "crazy" hallucinogen and then you don't do any research? You don't even know if the trip lasts 5 minutes (like it does) or 5 hours. You also don't know what kind of effects the drug has, wich is pretty hard to explain with Salvia. Mindblowing works.
If you did some research into the effects you might even have come across a site that explains how to smoke it. A site like this one:
http://www.sagewisdom.org/smokeadvice.html
"How to obtain effects from smoked Salvia divinorum."

It's also very possible that you have bought a crappy extract (the cheapest on eBay maby). Or you might have bought plain leaves. In both cases it will be hard to obtain any effects. Try some 5X extract to begin with. Then 10X if 5X doesn't do it for you. Also try switching vendors, quality varies widely.
Anyway, do some research next time. Good luck with your Salvia. Report back to this thread if you finally experience the full effects.

We are getting a lot of these posts recently, maby a sticky-post would be handy, moderators?

--------------------
futuretribe.space

OfflineAKA PC
Every One
 User Gallery

Re: Salvia was a great disappointment [Re: Harbinger]
    #2088522 - 11/10/03 03:16 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Harbinger said:
Make sure you use a torch lighter as well....salvia has to be very hot for the chemicals to be released.

Definately... was gunna say it myself b4 i read Harbinger's post... lots of people i know who say salvia doesnt work have used reg. lighters... i've had no problems when using a torch lighter.

--------------------
-pc-

:peace: :peace: :peace:

:mushroom2:    :mushroom2:

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: Salvia was a great disappointment [Re: AKA PC]
    #2088586 - 11/10/03 04:27 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

> i've had no problems when using a torch lighter.

I have had no problems with a regular lighter, but I seem to be a minority on this one.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

InvisibleEffedS
 User Gallery

Loc: Daylight Slavings
Re: Salvia was a great disappointment [Re: Seuss]
    #2088630 - 11/10/03 05:05 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Regular lighters work too. :smile:

InvisibleDreaMaTrix
Shaman I am

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Falling into place
    #2089030 - 11/10/03 10:21 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Salvia is extrememly potent, yet some users feel nothing or very little first time.
When you break through you may wish you hadn't, I've heard people smoke salvia and use comment like 'fucking hell' and 'oh my god!' :wink:

You don't take her, she takes you

--------------------

"We are the one's we have been waiting for" - Hopi saying

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: Salvia was a great disappointment [Re: DreaMaTrix]
    #2089137 - 11/10/03 11:09 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

> You don't take her, she takes you

No kiddin' there. I felt like a wet rat being shaken to death by a dog.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

OfflineHarbinger
The Power of theRiff Compels Me

Loc: Far Away
Re: Salvia was a great disappointment [Re: Seuss]
    #2089321 - 11/10/03 12:26 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

I'm really looking to try it again....I didn't breakthrough my first time, but I'm hoping to my second time. The oddest effect I got from it was that when I felt like my feet were pushing down the ground when I was walking....not quite sure how to explain it.I allso had some nice colorful patterns as well, but no breakthrough....I'm looking to buy some more soon, probably 10X this time.

--------------------
Click the pic to hear some songs I've recorded.

:rockon:

OfflineTheEggman
Mind-expandingStudent
Loc: Central California
Re: Salvia was a great disappointment [Re: Harbinger]
    #2089796 - 11/10/03 03:13 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

I have had many experiences with Salvia.

A while back, I had only a supply of dried leaves. I would smoke bong load after bong load after bong load of this stuff to no avail. A little bit out-of-it and light-headed, but definitely no breakthrough experience.

Next, I tried some standardized 6X and standardized 18X. The dosages were too low for a full breakthrough experience, although I was on the brink of an out-of-body experience. I think the problem was that I was calculating how much Salvia to smoke in order to inhale 1 mg salvinorin A (the active ingredient); a bong load of Salvia 20X has 5 mg salvinorin A, and that's the way to go.

My friend recently bought standardized 20X. Wow. That's all I can say about it. Take one big bong load of Salvia 20X, and blast off! I'm not sure any words could quite have prepared me for a breakthrough Salvia experience, but I feel that I am a more grounded person for having had that experience. (By the way, most of my friends have been tripping off one bong load of mixed bulk 6X and bulk 10X extracts. Use a torch lighter, and hold the hit in for as long as possible. Those are the only secrets.)

--------------------
Peace and love,
Tim.

Anonymous

Post deleted by Papaver [Re: TheEggman]
    #2089887 - 11/10/03 03:57 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale