Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1

am i dreaming right now?
    #2085748 - 11/09/03 03:27 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

lucid dreaming has just recently grabbed my interest as a result of a few interesting conversations with some friends and watching Waking Life. i'd like to hear any experiences people have had and or advice for realizing the state of one's consciousness. i tend to have trouble remembering ANY dreams so it is difficult. thanks

...in the middle of a world on a fish hook.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
mndfrayze'speppet urme
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
Re: am i dreaming right now? [Re: billster84]
    #2085792 - 11/09/03 03:44 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

lol, sorry man, it's just that I was talking about the same thing on the post "the harmonic Con-whatchamacallit" that in the last month lucid dreaming has become available. read the post and you'll know why I found it funny.  just another coincidense??

but yeah lucid rdreaming kicks ass!! keep a journal for sure.  I thought it was weird at first, but when I put judgement aside and wrote down stuff, i realized you can learn a lot.  and I mean a lot.  sweet that you can lucid dream :smile:

Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.---senior doobie

Loc: The City
Re: am i dreaming right now? [Re: kaiowas]
    #2085802 - 11/09/03 03:48 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

I just watched Waking Life for the 2nd time a few days ago. I flick light switches all the time.

I haven't been able to have a lucid dream in a couple years, but I think I'm getting there. I've incorporated the exercise of asking yourself if youre dreaming during your waking life all the time. It becomes a habit, and then that habit will eventually surface in a dream, and you can then recognize that you are dreaming. I just find this way of viewing the Moment is excellent. It makes you realize how crazy the world is and just how shiftingly infinite everything is, so dreamlike.

Sloth Nation
 User Gallery

Loc: California
Re: am i dreaming right now? [Re: chunder]
    #2087283 - 11/09/03 09:50 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

yeah i learned all the techniques to realize if you're dreaming. Heh one was to look at your watch for the time and look away and then right back to see if the time matched. Well i wasn't wearing a watch in my dream and i took if off before bed. So i figured i never put it on, that led me to think that the dream was real. Yet I am satisfied that i am able to actually question the dream, i feel i am becomng more productive with it, just a matter of time. The journal definitely works as well. Helps you to remember your dreams, kinda strengthens the dream side of your brain.

There's nothing more I'd rather do, than the drug I call you

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology