Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineKingChiba
Stranger

Loc: Washington
lsd compared to shrooms?
    #2068639 - 11/03/03 06:59 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

I'm considering buying $10 worth of acid (i believe its on blotter) for this weekend. This is supposed to be pretty good, though it seems like its the only lsd to hit the market in a long time here. What kind of trip do you think i could expect from that amount? I'll try to find out more about it tomorrow, if this isn't enough information.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinemushroomspoon
out of gas

Loc: in a jar of blue honey
Re: lsd compared to shrooms? [Re: KingChiba]
    #2068701 - 11/03/03 07:27 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

how many hits are you getting for $10? and do you know the design of the blotter?

--------------------
-----------
herbs are fun

Anonymous

Post deleted by Anno [Re: mushroomspoon]
    #2069607 - 11/04/03 06:47 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

OfflineKingChiba
Stranger

Loc: Washington
Re: lsd compared to shrooms? [Re: ]
    #2079091 - 11/06/03 11:25 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Alright, finally found the guy. Its 3 hits for $10, and the design is "some crazy monster". I'm in western washington if that makes any difference.

Anonymous

#2079312 - 11/07/03 12:31 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

If the LSD is of reasonable strength then 3 hits would probably produce a very strong trip. You might want to take just two.

LSD, shroom, mescaline, salvia all have a certain amount of similarity in their qualitative effect. However they definantly differ in important ways as well. LSD, and other lysergic acid amides, seems to have the greatest potential of all psychedellics for "mind expanding" effect with shrooms (psilocybin) being a close runner up. Mescaline , while certainly fun, seems to have less mind expansion potenial than other psychedellics. Salvia, when smoked, is probably about equal to shrooms in such potential.

These drugs also differ in terms of duration of effects and physical side effects. LSD often produces very strong stimulant effects, will shrooms are more mellow. Mescaline produces a certain amount of nausia......etc

Offlinewrestler_az
PsiLLy BiLLy
Male User Gallery

Loc: day dreams of a mad man
    #2079383 - 11/07/03 12:51 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Mescaline , while certainly fun, seems to have less mind expansion potenial than other psychedellics. Salvia, when smoked, is probably about equal to shrooms in such potential.

i beg to differ...every time i have tried mescaline, i have had one hell of a mind fuck...i think to say it has less potential for mind expansion may be a little bit off...the native americans around here sure seem to be doing fine with their peyote :grin:

salvia equal to shrooms? am i missing something here? my experiences with salvia have been so intence im scared to let it show me what it can... 

--------------------
how's your WOW?

Edited by yageman (04/20/06 4:20 PM) 

Edited by wrestler_az (11/08/03 11:11 AM)

Offlinelittlejohn747
addict

Re: lsd compared to shrooms? [Re: wrestler_az]
    #2080035 - 11/07/03 05:29 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

IMHO lsd and shrooms is like comparing ying and yang, good(mushies) evil(lsd). only advice i can offer for your trip is for you to be in a good state of mind. because however you are feeling when you take it is going to be amplyfied by 100x times

Offlinebaraka
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: hyperspace Flag
Re: lsd compared to shrooms? [Re: littlejohn747]
    #2080496 - 11/07/03 09:43 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Overall lsd and mushrooms are pretty similar for me, but have subtly differences. Major one being length.

--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

OfflineTheEggman
Mind-expandingStudent
Loc: Central California
Re: lsd compared to shrooms? [Re: baraka]
    #2083678 - 11/08/03 10:47 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

LSD has a strange body load. (Then again, so do good mushrooms.) But LSD is also much more energetic. (Mushroom trips are usually lazy and lethargic.) And LSD plays with bright colors unlike any psychedelic I've ever seen. (I usually only get mild open-eye visuals even on good mushrooms.) I also get much better visuals (read: crazier) on LSD; I've seen the grass grow taller than me and then start forming indented crop circles in the center of the grass. I think LSD's visuals are much more susceptible to an imaginative mind state; whatever is on your mind will bother you (perhaps as karmic apparition) until you get it off your mind.

--------------------
Peace and love,
Tim.

OfflineMycena
mycoexplorer
Loc: indonesia
Re: lsd compared to shrooms? [Re: TheEggman]
    #2084648 - 11/08/03 05:00 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Try acid
youll like it

Acid is good as they say as a stimulant if youre going to party all night and it can lead to some revelations
Shrooms for me are very visual (phosphenes) and mystical, the mind expanding part comes in two stages - first when your blown away by the magnificence of the visuals and afterwards when you get introspective and get all the good ideas and clear insights into personal issues on the comedown. It fades out rather cleanly

Acid comes on like psychedelic speed. I tend to feel a bit icky in the joints, skin and sinus as it comes on but that fades. Like shrooms youll be peaking in about the same timeframe (second to 3rd hour) but the peak hangs around longer and has a stretched and tiring fade out. Ive never had much in the way of visuals from acid - it lends lovely colour changes (brighter more irdiescent) and enhances appreciation of sound and colour, but i think its not as visual as shrooms and its value lies more in the abstraction of thought and feelings of almost god like understanding. Like shrooms the clarity comes after the initial rush is felt and the mind has settled in (when theres no anxiety)
i think this is why people say its dirty - cos theyre just totally wasted from no sleep

Mescaline? magic if you can get enough into you
not the same as either though similarities exist.
havent had it enough to comment fully but i ve found it very spritual though lest cereberal. t does ahve a body load but that all seems part of the sacrifice in order to go where you go.

I think for intensity though the ayahuasca principle takes the cake
The capi seems to add the organic element and add warmth, while the tryptaines adds cold colour ( i dont like DMT on its own - its just mind candy). Unlike the above i get the introispection first along with purging if required - then the fireworks start
This can leave you with a great mental and physical afterglow for days - i think the thought then purge then fireworks chain of events leaves you mentally refreshed as opposed to the afterthought s atht occur with teh others until sleep takes you

Shrooms are a staple but every now and then you can get acid for some extra fun

Anonymous

Re: lsd compared to shrooms? [Re: Mycena]
    #2084694 - 11/08/03 05:26 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Of coarse it important to remember that all these drugs affect individual people somewhat differently.  :smile2:

InvisibleTerrapinSunrise
Stranger
Loc: KY
    #2084888 - 11/08/03 06:57 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

mycena, how can you say that mushrooms give better visuals than LSD? LSD is far more visually intense. FAR more. i know mushrooms give kickass visuals, but in every case, LSD is stronger. maybe you are extremely unique in that the effect is opposite in you and only in you. but, everyone, i think, would agree that acid is much stronger visually. whatever, i dont really care, but i still think you are definitely mistaken. peace out.

OfflineShiva_Shiver
Stranger
Re: lsd compared to shrooms? [Re: TerrapinSunrise]
    #2085525 - 11/08/03 10:28 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Both are awesome.

LSD is a toy compared to shrooms.

InvisibleEffedS
 User Gallery

Loc: Daylight Slavings
    #2085668 - 11/09/03 12:23 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

OfflineDivided_Sky
Ten ThousandThings

Loc: The Shining Void
Re: lsd compared to shrooms? [Re: Effed]
    #2086659 - 11/09/03 02:02 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

I'm just curious, but is there any concensus on what is the more 'profound' drug. Not having used both, I have heard people say LSD is much more intense but alot of people on this board think shrooms are deeper. Thoughts?

--------------------
1. "After an hour I wasn't feeling anything so I decided to take another..."
2. "We were feeling pretty good so we decided to smoke a few bowls..."
3. "I had to be real quiet because my parents were asleep upstairs..."

OfflineMadtowntripper
Sun-Beams out of Cucumbers
 User Gallery

Loc: The Ocean of Notions
Re: lsd compared to shrooms? [Re: Divided_Sky]
    #2086703 - 11/09/03 02:22 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

LSD is a toy compared to shrooms...Heh.

I've taken both many times, at all manner of dosages, and I've never had a mushroom trip that can compare to acid. Like everyone says, your mileage may vary. But to me, acid is more intense, more visual, much more energetic. Just an overall better trip. The only reason I even use mushrooms is because acid isnt around much, and they're so much easier to acquire....

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

Offlinemoosehead
poop deck
 User Gallery

Loc: pnw
    #2088230 - 11/10/03 12:31 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

i say munch all 3 and be well rested before hand :laugh:

also have a trip sitter around if u feel like going some place, walking is cool, but the option of a driver can be very nice

OfflineSeraph
ShroomiN'SeraphiM
Female

Loc: South Flordia
Re: lsd compared to shrooms? [Re: moosehead]
    #2089873 - 11/10/03 03:51 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Acid has always had a very mental effect and an uncomfortable body load. In all the times i have taken acid i have never had any hallucinations, the trips have always been really crazily introspective, and for lack of a better word, a mind-f*ck. loop-thought patterns which are rather scary also seemed increase with the amount of times i tripped. I also seemed to develope a reverse-tolerance - even tho i never took more than one (cept for the first time) that one seemed to have a stronger effect each time i tripped - It soon became something i disliked.

In the three times i have eaten mushrooms, i have seen more visuals and heard more auditory hallucinations that i can recall. Never have i had any bad disturbing thoughts while on mushrooms or experienced any of the body load that is common with acid. There is still a bit of confusion with mushrooms and im sure just as much mind-f*ck when it comes to high dosages. But with mushrooms I am always in a happier mood. Laughing at stuff and all.

I enjoy mushrooms more than acid.

Asking other people of the effects these drugs have is a good way to gain a small amount of insight on what the drug is like but it is really ineffective. These drugs work in ur brain. and everyone's brain chemistry is slightly different. The only true way to get a feeling for psychedelics is to try them in a small amount. Experience is our greatest teacher after all.

If u are planning on taking all three of those hits and it is ur first time trying acid i would suggest u think it through a bit harder.

The first time i tripped on acid i ate two black gel tabs on a friday... i was tripping till sunday morning. it was a rather mind shattering experience, i have never eaten more than one since then.

--------------------
(\(\
( -.-)
o_(")(")

~nicole

Edited by Seraph (11/10/03 04:01 PM)

InvisibleTerrapinSunrise
Stranger
Loc: KY
Re: lsd compared to shrooms? [Re: Seraph]
    #2091096 - 11/11/03 12:23 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

they are both awesome. if you eat enough mushrooms you can get very intense and awesome effects that can rival acid, but acid remains better IMO. the comedown on mushrooms, however, is superior to acid's and is very philosophical for me at least. however, acid is much more energetic, more visual and realistic, lasts longer, and is just more entertaining overall. my coordination is vastly improved while on acid too - shrooms do that too though - i can play guitar uber fast and i can balance incredibly well on psychedelics. the comedown on acid sucks unless you smoke some weed and get the visuals coming back strong again. peace.

OfflineLittlePygmyMan
Space Cadet

Loc: Calimifornias
Re: lsd compared to shrooms? [Re: TerrapinSunrise]
    #2094105 - 11/11/03 08:22 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Acid = The Matrix

Mushrooms = Lord Of The Rings

--------------------
-LittlePygmyMan

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies