Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop: Jimi Hendrix

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineSpecialEd
+ one

Loc: : Gringo
When you dream about someone...
    #2085587 - 11/09/03 01:27 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

When you dream about someone, do they dream about you? Can you meet someone in a dream state?

I am asking this with an experiment in mind. Last night I had a dream where I met someone that I had never met, but I knew they frequented this bulletin board. I can't really remember what we spoke of, but I remember the mention of JIMI Hendrix's voodoo chile.
Did this happen in anyone elses dream.

Probably I'm just crazy, but it would be fun to find out.

--------------------
"Plus one upvote +1..."
--- //
-- :meff:
  /l_l\/
--\-/----

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineZenGecko
enthusiast
Re: When you dream about someone... [Re: SpecialEd]
    #2085824 - 11/09/03 04:02 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Ponder this... If the events and people in our dreams are creations of our mind, then why dont we know whats going to happen next, or what the people are thinking? Maybe we are actually simulating a tiny universe and the people are as real as we are, but then when we wake where do they go? or are they still there? Am i the creator and destroyer of worlds? and if so....then so are you.
Sincerely,
That which is, and has no choice but to be

Invisiblebandaid
clever title

#2086148 - 11/09/03 09:50 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

I dont think so, you probably need to be gifted for that or something :tongue:, Ive dreamed about lots of ppl, often the supposed "represented" characters dont resemble their real life counter parts at all.

My brother dreamed about me and mentions it, I dreamed about him a bunch of times'n I told him, nothing like the way he is or even could be, very awkward supposed real life counter parts

Even when "I" walk around in my dream when Im not lucid enough, I do things I wouldnt want to do not just things I wouldnt normaly do, which begs the question, is that "me"?, no matter what I feel or do in my dreams I can often say that my dream has a shit representation of what Im really like so its almost like Im dead but feeling everything this "me" character is, his urges, what he plans to do ect.. as if Im a "spirit" trapped in this persons mind, who again does definitely not resemble me at all even though Im given all his feelings and thoughts.

Ppl say you can learn from your dreams, maybe some ppl, but mine have turned out to be just a crazy/awkward land with nothing to learn from except from knowing what my dreams are capable of.. meh :smirk:

Offlineorizon
shroomin bliss

Re: When you dream about someone... [Re: bandaid]
    #2086289 - 11/09/03 12:20 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Ive had many dreams like that. Let me think and Ill come back with a better reply.

Invisible2Experimental
Male User Gallery
Re: When you dream about someone... [Re: orizon]
    #2086546 - 11/09/03 02:52 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

dreams with people represent your subconcious trying to sort out some sort of feelings you have towards them, or unresolved conflict. it could also be that you are spending time with the person you are dreaming about, or maybe they stuck out in your mind when you first met them, so there they are in your dream... Its impossible to pinpoint the origin of any dream and why we have them and what they mean. Only with time and patience can you begin to see your dreams speaking to you bringing posative suggestions for your life, and letting you know subconciously what your deepest fears and regrets are, or at least i think so

InvisibleArmFromTheAbyss
Old Hand

Loc: Down here in Babylon
    #2086686 - 11/09/03 04:12 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

I've always wondered this myself. I can think of one special person to me that I'm pretty sure we shared dreams.

I can remember us being apart. Then me having dreams in which she wanted to be with me. Then next time I saw her, like a week later, her actions correlated with my dreams, ie her wanting to do shit with me.

Assuming you have the beilef that we are all essentially one, I guess we could share dreams. Personally, I think our dreams take place in another world, the dream world, which parrelels our waking life. Dreams really are representations, stories that convey what we are thinking subconsciously. So even if the dream is not being shared, it's still a message from yourself telling you how you feel deep deep down.

--------------------

OfflineZenGecko
enthusiast
Re: When you dream about someone... [Re: ArmFromTheAbyss]
    #2088059 - 11/10/03 01:40 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

i'm just really facinated by how characters in my dreams seem to act autonomously, yet they are figments of my mind, yet i dont know what they are going to do next, they seem to have as much freewill as i do, ofcourse i dont believe in free will, as most of you know by now :wink: But damnit how do i not know what my own creations are thinking!?!?!?
Sincerely,
That which is, and has no choice but to be

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop: Jimi Hendrix

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology