Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineSeeker1111
Wonderer

Loc: Texas
High Expectations Crushed...
    #2082640 - 11/07/03 11:00 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

I am new to consuming mushrooms. I have always heard so much and what I heard excited me. So I began to search the internet and I found the cubensis mushroom grows wild in the Southeast. So I embarked on a mission to retrieve this mushroom from a local cow pasture I found. Well to make a long story short, earlier today I found 10 various-sized cubensis mushrooms. Some big, some average, and some small. I brought them home and weighed them-60 grams. From what I read this should have been a strong dose, no? I got nothing more than dilated pupils, SLIGHT visual distortions, and some mild euphoria. Now I have been taking dextromethorphan for now 2 years. I know the two chemicals are totally different but I was tremendously let down. Maybe I was hoping more for an earth shattering psychedelic trip. Well anyway, to achieve said trip do I need to take more than 10 cubensis or stick to dxm for the totally mind-blowing trips I seek?

-Worried Consumer

--------------------
----------------
-Seeker 11:11
----------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleEffedS
 User Gallery

Loc: Daylight Slavings
Re: High Expectations Crushed... [Re: Seeker1111]
    #2082666 - 11/07/03 11:08 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Maybe you should weigh the dose, are you SURE you have cubensis?

InvisibleScratcher
Stranger

Loc: eH
    #2082667 - 11/07/03 11:08 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

You ate all 60 grams? If you did, that's about 6 g dry and that should have been more than enough to get you tripping good. How did you ID the shrooms?

InvisibleOsker246
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Washington
Re: High Expectations Crushed... [Re: Scratcher]
    #2082697 - 11/07/03 11:16 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Yea im wondering the same. 4g's put me in a whole diffrent world. I totaly thought I was the only person alive in the world once. Which was cool for like 5 sec then I started to freak out about what will I do after the trip.

OfflineSeeker1111
Wonderer

Re: High Expectations Crushed... [Re: Scratcher]
    #2082715 - 11/07/03 11:20 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Well I looked, for one, a mushroom growing on cow manure. Then noticed the dark brownish-orange center fading to white. On the mature shrooms, the cap was inverted, while on the fresh ones the cap was more conical. The stem was white with the fallen veil on it. The spores on some had colored the white veil to a dark violet-blackish color.

This was actually my third attempt trying mushrooms. Previously on one occation I had a gigantic cuby with the cap maybe 3 or 4 inches in diameter. I felt giggly and had more visuals. I did eat this one as soon as I picked it, and from what I have read this creates more visuals. Although this is true, I ate 10 today, 10. Hmmmm....but yes I am positive as to the identification and the weight. I even fasted several hours before I ate them.

--------------------
----------------
----------------

InvisibleOsker246
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#2082735 - 11/07/03 11:28 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

10 grams dry or wet?? cuz if its wet dont be expecting very much. thats about 1 gram dried. You might want to take 20 grams wet or 2 grams dry for a decent trip.

*edit* Dont forget if you did other mushrooms with in the last few days or week. You might want to wait so your tolerance can go down.

Edited by Osker246 (11/07/03 11:29 PM)

OfflineSeeker1111
Wonderer

Re: High Expectations Crushed... [Re: Osker246]
    #2082763 - 11/07/03 11:38 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Oh no, I meant 10 various sized cubensis shrooms. They weighed wet 60 grams.

--------------------
----------------
----------------

Edited by Seeker1111 (11/07/03 11:41 PM)

InvisibleOsker246
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#2082796 - 11/07/03 11:47 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

oh ok then. All I can say is that is strange you ate 60 G's wet and didnt trip hard. If that was me I would have been talking to plants or something. what I would suggest is then next time you go pick just up your dosage a little see if it makes a slite diffrence. So from there you know where to go. Or try picking cubes that have recently had the veil ripped. Some say when the veil rips they begin to lose potentcy. I hope you have a better experience next time.

OfflineMadtowntripper
Sun-Beams out of Cucumbers
 User Gallery

Loc: The Ocean of Notions
Re: High Expectations Crushed... [Re: Osker246]
    #2082838 - 11/08/03 12:07 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

I would almost have to say they werent active. 60 g's wet cubensis would blow me, or anyone else I know, into a damned hard trip...And cubensis arent even *that* potent.

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

OfflinemotamanM
old hand
 User Gallery
    #2083398 - 11/08/03 07:49 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Are you on any type of medication.?

--------------------
http://heffter.org

OfflineSeeker1111
Wonderer

Re: High Expectations Crushed... [Re: motaman]
    #2083874 - 11/08/03 12:07 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Just the occational dxm trip =)

--------------------
----------------
----------------

OfflineChiefThunderbong
Inhale to theChief
 User Gallery

#2084083 - 11/08/03 01:31 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

I know what your feeling man. First off, wild picked cubes are often waterlogged, so they weigh more than what they normally would. For instance, I just picked roughly 400g wet (I forget the exact number and dried out it it's only like 22g, half of what I was expecting.

As for not tripping, I don't think he is saying he didn't trip at all....it just wasn't the mind blowing experience he was expecting. I had the same problem when I first started tripping, from reading about it you expect to see crazy visuals and all sorts of whacked out shit...but that isn't always the case. I don't think you need to up the dosage, what you ate is very capable of blowing your mind. It's all about the set and setting really, sometimes things just set off your trip like you wouldn't believe. Did you smoke any pot while tripping, that boosts the intensity of the trip quite a bit for me, as does good chill music.

--------------------
Yeah spinnin' around again
yea caught in a tailspin

Anonymous

Re: High Expectations Crushed... [Re: ChiefThunderbong]
    #2084706 - 11/08/03 05:31 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Some people have to have their brain acclimated to psychedellics. My first LSD trip was a bit mild even though the acid was good.

Just try taking them again :smile2: 
You may also just have found unusually weak strooms. It can happen.

OfflineSeeker1111
Wonderer

Re: High Expectations Crushed... [Re: ]
    #2085578 - 11/08/03 11:21 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Thanks for the suggestions. I did not smoke pot while I was on them. When I tripped previously to this time I did, and that might have been the reason I got more effects (in some ways that is). Would picking the shrooms while it was been raining and even still is raining affect the weight a considerable amount? I guess so huh?

In the previous post above this one...I think you could be right about me personally having to try a couple of times to get me tripping hard. The reason I say this is because I did not get high on marijuana until my third time as well as tripping on dxm. Maybe the third-fourth time is actually a charm for some people.

It has been raining this whole weekend where I live. I think my plans will involve going out Monday morning and finding several more again and giving it another go. With all the rain, there should be an abundant supply of fresh cubensis. =)

One last question concerning the consumption/preparation of the mushrooms: Would it be a stronger more visual/mental trip eating the shrooms fresh as opposed to letting them dry out and eating them that way?

Peace

--------------------
----------------
----------------

Offlineatoning_unifex
bovine entity

Re: High Expectations Crushed... [Re: ]
    #2085579 - 11/08/03 11:21 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

maybe you should go into the next trip with an open mind....

ive gone into (large dose) trips of (various chemicals) and been sorely dissapointed..... true i am something of a hard head...( which dosent mean i dont start out very low with new gear.... ya just never know)
but still ...

try going into the next one with the idea that "im not going to get really farked... but if i do then im prepared". Maybe your killing a strong trip (maybe subdueing would be a better word) with your "im not really farked up so im obviously not high " attitude....

ive done it.....

just a thought ...

--------------------
" time is a drug.... too much will kill you"

......Ballad of Atoning Unifex.....

At the age of 30 something
he realised
he'd never ride
through london
in a black cab
with weird drugs
in his veins......

OfflineFazEd
Ego Exploration
    #2085619 - 11/08/03 11:49 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Buy 6g's dried off the street and ingest them.. Then come back and tell us what you think. :smile: 

--------------------
-Completely FazEd
Leggo my Ego

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract