Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | < Back | 210 | 211 | 212 | 213 | 214 | 215 | 216 | 217 | 218 | 219 | 220 | 221 | 222 | 223 | 224 | 225 | 226 | 227 | 228 | 229 | 230 | Next > | Last >
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinechibiabos
Cosmic Pond Scum
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Re: ***The Garden Shed--Official EG Off Topic Thread*** [Re: chibiabos]
    #24425718 - 06/22/17 02:47 AM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Yanked the plant.  My neighbor let me keep the latex and the whole plant though.  So I'm just going to get as much sap as possible out of it (also got some seeds).  Like I said, I could always use a bigger lump of opium.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblesharpie117
Living the dream

Re: ***The Garden Shed--Official EG Off Topic Thread*** [Re: chibiabos] * 4
    #24428283 - 06/23/17 03:28 AM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Thought i would share some animal pictures from my backyard/garden.

Found this lazy bastard sleeping behind the water tanks.

Young guy strutting his stuff.

First Funnel Web i've found in the garden. A good reminder to wear gloves.

A friendly Tiger snake.

If anyone else has any animal pictures from around there place i would like to see them.

Invisible1234go
#1 Swiftie
 User Gallery

Re: ***The Garden Shed--Official EG Off Topic Thread*** [Re: sharpie117]
    #24428405 - 06/23/17 06:13 AM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Great pictures. Love the sleeping koala, and that tiger snake. I remember seeing those on Steve Irwin's  show.

InvisibleMostly_HarmlessM
wyrd bið ful aræd
Male User Gallery

Loc: Perfidious Albion Flag
Re: ***The Garden Shed--Official EG Off Topic Thread*** [Re: 1234go] * 2
    #24428443 - 06/23/17 06:47 AM (6 years, 9 months ago)

There's not too much wild around these parts. Sometimes through winter Sparrowhawks make a showing, this one is perched on my apple tree after its meal.

Pigeon leftovers

A poor vid of it feeding
https://sendvid.com/e0ivtlty

--------------------
●  EG Rules and Guidelines ● 

|| Lophophora Growers Unite! || Trichocereus Growers Unite! || Stone Eaters - A Soil Revolution ||

You must gather your party before venturing forth.

Invisible1234go
#1 Swiftie
 User Gallery

Re: ***The Garden Shed--Official EG Off Topic Thread*** [Re: sharpie117] * 3
    #24428461 - 06/23/17 06:59 AM (6 years, 9 months ago)

I've shared these before, but they're worth posting again...

Invisiblesharpie117
Living the dream

Re: ***The Garden Shed--Official EG Off Topic Thread*** [Re: 1234go]
    #24428481 - 06/23/17 07:12 AM (6 years, 9 months ago)

That hawk sure made a mess of that pigeon.

Snakes and spiders I don't mind but those centerpeds are what freak me out we have these big blue ones that live under the bark of trees. Absolutely hate them crawling on me.

Invisible1234go
#1 Swiftie
 User Gallery

Re: ***The Garden Shed--Official EG Off Topic Thread*** [Re: sharpie117]
    #24428532 - 06/23/17 07:41 AM (6 years, 9 months ago)

I've always loved snakes, and my tolerance for spiders has grown a great deal since I started gardening and getting outdoors a lot.
When you're clearing brush, or out wandering around in the woods you're gonna end up with spiders on you at some point.

Yeah, those centipedes are pretty creepy though...but as long as they don't get on me I'm fine.
I find them in my house from time to time, big ones like that...and it doesn't make for a good night's sleep.

Offlinekizatzhaddarak
Fairy Tail
 User Gallery

Loc: Pacific Northwest
Re: ***The Garden Shed--Official EG Off Topic Thread*** [Re: 1234go]
    #24428586 - 06/23/17 08:17 AM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Years and years ago, I was an scientific exchange student to Australia. I have a fondness for the "lands down under", which includes Aotearoa (New Zealand).

There were several things that were memorable to me when I was in (OZ).

1.) I didn't realize how big wombats get. We went out at night and rode around on ATV's looking at the Nocturnal wildlife in the Blue Mountains . The wombats I saw were about the size of hog/pig. . I was like, WTF! I thought they were small and cute. The Smell of all the Eucalyptus in the Blue Mts. is something I'll never forget, and is why I grow some Eucalypts in my greenhouse.

2.) OMG All the poisonous creatures. I can remember the Science professor's tag line at the end of the description of a: Snake, Spider, Centipede, Jellyfish, Starfish, fish, etc.. that always ended In, (And if you get bitten/stung you have an hour or less to get to a hospital or you will die). There is a centipede that is on Fitzroy island, that looks like the one that 1234go posted, that is Bright orange, and is VERY toxic. The waters around that Island also host the Irukandji jellyfish.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irukandji_jellyfish

No Swimming or going in the water during Polyp/medusa phase, of their life cycle. The Bird catching spiders creep me out too.

3.) The plants.. OHH So many nice plants. I wish my climate were at times like, Carins. I could grow tropicals and Mangoes in my yard. I love Mangoes and Guavas.

Yeah, there is lots to love about the lands down under especially the plants. Its why I import seed for some of the species there.

Now, If I could only get seed from New Caledonia. I would love to get my hands on New Caledonian Plant seeds. Caledonian sweet potato, Gardenia, and Most highly sought after by me, (Auricaria tree seeds) Especially Auricaria columnaris.

Now as far as critters in my garden.. . . Well we get:Pseudacris regilla, (pacific tree frogs),dragonflies, butterflies. Western fence lizards, red breasted-green humming birds, Blue Jays, etc. Further out in the country where my folks live They get: Bobcats and Cougar, and black bears, foxes. etc.

I'll make sure to grab my camera when I see some critters, and post. 

Miss-K

--------------------
The Sleeper Must Awaken!  (I do not advocate the ingestion of any substance without extensive research, and or the advice of trained medical and or spiritual personelle)

Offlinechibiabos
Cosmic Pond Scum

Re: ***The Garden Shed--Official EG Off Topic Thread*** [Re: kizatzhaddarak]
    #24435637 - 06/25/17 10:49 PM (6 years, 8 months ago)

I'm starting to wonder whether my "giganteums" are really mislabeled Tasmanians.  Not that I'm complaining...

OfflineP.Zappatecorum
Lophophilus
Male

Loc: Cactaceae
    #24435780 - 06/26/17 12:07 AM (6 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

chibiabos said:
I'm starting to wonder whether my "giganteums" are really mislabeled Tasmanians.  Not that I'm complaining...

Pretty sure they're the same thing? "Giganteum:  is just a gimmick name for opium poppies with good genetics. You still need the right conditions and a bit of luck to get them to get really huge.

InvisibleLipa Kreepa
Antisocial People Person

Loc: Where ppl are herded and ... Flag
Re: ***The Garden Shed--Official EG Off Topic Thread*** [Re: P.Zappatecorum]
    #24435792 - 06/26/17 12:14 AM (6 years, 8 months ago)

Yeah I was thinking I coiukd be the growth conditions that play a part in getting to have massive heads. I've never grown gigantiums though. Yet I've seen variability in the same old strains I use to grow, year after year.

--------------------
LOVE LIFE AND LIVE IT HARD!

'Great Spirit, today, let me touch the Earth so the Earth can touch me.'

"I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.'" -- Vonnegut

A monkey w/out his jungle is just an inmate-- :heart:lipa

Offlinechibiabos
Cosmic Pond Scum

Re: ***The Garden Shed--Official EG Off Topic Thread*** [Re: P.Zappatecorum]
    #24435998 - 06/26/17 05:02 AM (6 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

P.Zappatecorum said:
Quote:

chibiabos said:

Pretty sure they're the same thing? "Giganteum:  is just a gimmick name for opium poppies with good genetics. You still need the right conditions and a bit of luck to get them to get really huge.

No complaints on my part, unless it's about how the earwigs ate all of the plants that I tried to start, earlier in the season.  Really hoping that the ones growing now are going to bloom before the summer lets out.  But I've got more than three grams of raw opium as it is, so I should be good for a while regardless.  Them being Tasmanian poppies just means that I already have my hands on a good strain.

Edited by chibiabos (06/26/17 05:05 AM)

OfflineArgyreia
Grafting cacti is awesome
Male

Loc: France Flag
Re: ***The Garden Shed--Official EG Off Topic Thread*** [Re: chibiabos] * 1
    #24443932 - 06/29/17 07:04 AM (6 years, 8 months ago)

Harvested all my pereskiopsis mother pots.

I'm gonna graft the shit out of that. Astro, turbs, matucana, lophs etc.

First I'll let the pereskiopsis cuttings dry some days, root them in one single huge rectangle pot, let only one pup on each stalk and graft on it when big enough. I'll do the grafting part during a humid week in full shade late july.

I think I'm experienced enough now to go to the industrial scale :thumbup: Plus I figured out how to grow pereskiopsis. It's simple, never let the soil dry, loads of water everyday and partial shade.

And do you think pereskiopsis grafts, once nicely rooted and growing, can hibernate ? I mean kept dry with very low light and +6/7 °C min temperatures ? Gonna run an experiment next winter trying to hibernate a pereskiopsis mother.

Edited by Argyreia (06/29/17 07:07 AM)

OfflineLSoares
Farmer
Male User Gallery

Loc: Portugal Flag
Re: ***The Garden Shed--Official EG Off Topic Thread*** [Re: Argyreia]
    #24443946 - 06/29/17 07:17 AM (6 years, 8 months ago)

Pereskiopsis will likely lose their leaves at low temps - below 10-12C, I guess. Plus, letting it go fully dry and dormant in winter will make it very stubborn to wake up in spring, the neglected plants I have scattered around only in the last couple of weeks started growing, a full three months after most cacti started showing signs of life. Bottomline, keep them warm(ish) and ticking over winter for best results.

--------------------
Z. in sunny Lisbon, Portugal
Cactus grower particularly fond of north american miniatures.
http://jardineiroazelha.blogspot.pt/

Sowing cacti - my way!
Random pictures of my collection.
Photographing cacti, Z's way.

OfflineLemnaminor
Lophophora - eyed
Male User Gallery

Loc: Sicily
Re: ***The Garden Shed--Official EG Off Topic Thread*** [Re: LSoares]
    #24444380 - 06/29/17 11:46 AM (6 years, 8 months ago)

Hi guys, whats'up?
i haven't been into the shroomery for a loooong time. basically i have hundred of pics to share with you guys, and i feel a bit ashamed of not having done that already. gonna upload some soon.!

--------------------

"The best things in life, come covered in spines."

Invisiblespaceman101
Friend to all
Male User Gallery

Loc: In heaven bored as hell
Re: ***The Garden Shed--Official EG Off Topic Thread*** [Re: Lemnaminor]
    #24444400 - 06/29/17 11:55 AM (6 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Lemnaminor said:
Hi guys, whats'up?
i haven't been into the shroomery for a loooong time. basically i have hundred of pics to share with you guys, and i feel a bit ashamed of not having done that already. gonna upload some soon.!

OMFG LEM I've Missed you Sooooo Much Brother. How have you been doing?

--------------------
-------------

Check out my Pollen Trade thread for spreading Good genetics far and wide :grin:

Great Vendors thread where we can discuss "Non Shroomery" Vendors that sell good products worth checking into :stoned:

A few things I wanna get my hands on check it out and let me know if you have any of these:grin:

Need help getting started growing mushrooms
              Here's The Noob Forum

Offlinechibiabos
Cosmic Pond Scum

Re: ***The Garden Shed--Official EG Off Topic Thread*** [Re: spaceman101]
    #24444830 - 06/29/17 02:53 PM (6 years, 8 months ago)

Having issues with poppies getting separated from their tap roots (at the stem) again...

Found one that looked like it was wilting, gave it a bunch of water, touched it and it came right out of the ground.  Didn't even pop off of the root...At least I have fourteen other candidates for planting...

Edited by chibiabos (06/29/17 02:53 PM)

Invisiblespaceman101
Friend to all
Male User Gallery

Loc: In heaven bored as hell
    #24445128 - 06/29/17 04:33 PM (6 years, 8 months ago)

I'm horrible at growing poppies but maybe Mostly harmless will pop in to help you. He's fucking AMAZING with them :smirk:

Hey Mostly I've been stressed lately but I'll get back to you soon Bro I promise.

Also Thumbprint Please PM me back. I lost the PM you sent me but I'm down Bra :super:

--------------------
-------------

Check out my Pollen Trade thread for spreading Good genetics far and wide :grin:

Great Vendors thread where we can discuss "Non Shroomery" Vendors that sell good products worth checking into :stoned:

A few things I wanna get my hands on check it out and let me know if you have any of these:grin:

Need help getting started growing mushrooms
              Here's The Noob Forum

Offlinechibiabos
Cosmic Pond Scum

#24445328 - 06/29/17 05:49 PM (6 years, 8 months ago)

I honestly figure that it's cutworms.  All I can really do is dust the plants with sevin.

InvisibleMostly_HarmlessM
wyrd bið ful aræd
Male User Gallery

Loc: Perfidious Albion Flag
    #24446141 - 06/30/17 12:36 AM (6 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Lemnaminor said:
Hi guys, whats'up?

:wave:

Quote:

spaceman101 said:
I'm horrible at growing poppies but maybe Mostly harmless will pop in to help you. He's fucking AMAZING with them :smirk:

Hey Mostly I've been stressed lately but I'll get back to you soon Bro I promise.

Also Thumbprint Please PM me back. I lost the PM you sent me but I'm down Bra :super:

My climate and garden do it all for me. Sowed once with no ground preparation and now will never be able to get rid of them! Neither will me neighours :laugh:
An odd summer so far. The poppies have all finished early.

--------------------
●  EG Rules and Guidelines ● 

|| Lophophora Growers Unite! || Trichocereus Growers Unite! || Stone Eaters - A Soil Revolution ||

You must gather your party before venturing forth.

Jump to top Pages: < First | < Back | 210 | 211 | 212 | 213 | 214 | 215 | 216 | 217 | 218 | 219 | 220 | 221 | 222 | 223 | 224 | 225 | 226 | 227 | 228 | 229 | 230 | Next > | Last >

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck