Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblekarode13Facebook
Tāne Mahuta
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: LV-426
***The Garden Shed--Official EG Off Topic Thread*** * 3
    #20852351 - 11/17/14 07:01 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

So as the thread title says. This could be the official off topic discussion thread for the EG forum. If it's popular then it will stay and probably get moved to the sub forum Grow logs, if not then it'll get cut into pieces and thrown on the compost heap. Up to the forum members.....

I know the regulars like to chat about all sorts of things so I thought I'd make a thread so we could do this without derailing threads. New comers are welcome to say hello or post here as well.

EG and General shroomery rules applies. This means no flaming, trading, sources, etc...

So what's happening out there in the ethno world today?

I've got a boring day of paper work ahead so am loading up on coffee. Later on today I plan on setting up a table for my seedlings as they're being eaten by some type of Weevil. It's been pissing me off for a few days now.:goodmorning:

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineP.Zappatecorum
Lophophilus
Male

Loc: Cactaceae
Re: ***The Garden Shed--Official EG Off Topic Thread*** [Re: karode13] * 1
    #20852477 - 11/17/14 07:23 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Good idea, hopefully the thread will catch on.  Seems like either mite season is over or the rosemary oil I sprayed finally kicked in and starting working, haven't seen any of the red bastards in a week or two.  :innocentjoy:

Invisibleferrel_human
stone eater
Male User Gallery

Loc: Darkside of the moon Flag
Re: ***The Garden Shed--Official EG Off Topic Thread*** [Re: karode13] * 2
    #20852524 - 11/17/14 07:30 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Its late fall here in deep south texas and im making really stupid moves e.g. taking cuttings and doing grafts. Does this say something about my anxiety or my eagerness? Cause aint nothing going on but the rent.

Now the weather really fluctuates here. Like sunday was really nice and then BAM! Today its cold. I dont know anymore.:facepalm:

Feel free to discuss.

--------------------
Nature is my church and walking through it is gospel. It tells no lies and reveals all to those who look, and listen, closely.
-Karode

Tāne Mahuta
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: ***The Garden Shed--Official EG Off Topic Thread*** [Re: ferrel_human] * 1
    #20852556 - 11/17/14 07:36 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Just shows you're eager to get things done is all. Make hay while the sun shines and all that.

Weather does as weather wants. Be like water...:brucelee:

Uh spider mites. Don't remind me of them. Peak seaon for them here will start in about 6 weeks as the weather gets hotter and drier. Good to hear they've gone from your grow area, I'm going to trial Rosemary oil and see how it goes.

--------------------

Invisibleferrel_human
stone eater
Male User Gallery

#20852626 - 11/17/14 07:48 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

We did not have such a bad mite season here. Last year was horrible for aphids though. Poor my chili peppers and citrus trees. Aphids really suck a dick.:shakefist:

--------------------
Nature is my church and walking through it is gospel. It tells no lies and reveals all to those who look, and listen, closely.
-Karode

Invisibleferrel_human
stone eater
Male User Gallery

Re: ***The Garden Shed--Official EG Off Topic Thread*** [Re: ferrel_human] * 2
    #20852650 - 11/17/14 07:53 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

karode13 said:
Shitty to hear about your Dad ferrel. :sun:

Come from the earth and return to the earth. I want a small anount of my ashes put on every single one of my plants. With life rushing by me at break neck speed, the afterlife is inevitable. At least i can live on through my plants.

--------------------
-Karode

Tāne Mahuta
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #20852686 - 11/17/14 08:00 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Aphids are just sap sucking bastards. :lol:

I like giving them a good torching. :flamethrow: (I don't recommend people do this to their plants)

Your roughneck sig is funny too.

Edit: Yeah man, really not good news to hear about your dad. I have experience with dementia and was a caregiver for a couple of years. It's taxing on the soul and can do your head in, but you need to understand the disease and be very patient with the person. Just enjoy the time you do have and don't concentrate on the negatives.

I'm trying to get myself buried beneath a tree so the bugs can make me useful to said tree. If human composting is legal by then then I'll be composted.

Just about to break open the Christmas avatar and other christmas things. If anyone needs a Santa hat on their avatar then post them. I'll do them as I have time.

--------------------

InvisiblecowsRmeat
Don't step on the MomeRaths
 User Gallery

Loc: Wonderland
    #20853499 - 11/17/14 10:23 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

You gonna draw santa hats on avatars?! Sweet! Sign me up! Kinda a tiny pic tho...

--------------------
One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree.
'Which road do I take?' she asked.
'Where do you want to go?' was his response.
'I don't know', Alice answered.
'Then', said the cat, 'it doesn't matter.'

InvisibleJayZ Morgan
Samder's 4 prez'
Male User Gallery

Loc: Alameda Co. Flag
Re: ***The Garden Shed--Official EG Off Topic Thread*** [Re: karode13] * 2
    #20853534 - 11/17/14 10:32 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

The new person who comes over to help clean my great grandmas bed stopped by today and was admiring my cactus collection.
He began to bring up a book by Luther Burbank , although I forget which book he mentioned, I just thought that was funny.
i beleive there is a bridgesii which gets called Luther Burbank.

To get in the back of the house where my grandma rests in the same position all day long  the caretaker had to walk past the harvest room containing Deadhead OG , Jesus OG & Girlscout cookies.
the door was open and I'm guessing he must have seen or smelled the plants.
The weed was grown with minimal nutrients and is very sticky and covered in trichromes.

He shared a few good Native American stories once he saw the painting of a San Diego mission painted by grandmas art teacher.

I bought a Brigessi monstrose cloneA which after the 2nd day of being in a pot , it decided to pup.

--------------------

Tāne Mahuta
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: ***The Garden Shed--Official EG Off Topic Thread*** [Re: cowsRmeat] * 1
    #20853700 - 11/17/14 11:15 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Cool story. It's always nice to have people relate to what you do. My last house inspection consisted of talk about poppies and blues guitarists, nothing about the property itself. If Mr. Burbank was alive today he'd be a popular person within the cactus community. Even though he's long passed he's still revered.

Quote:

cowsRmeat said:
You gonna draw santa hats on avatars?! Sweet! Sign me up! Kinda a tiny pic tho...

Why draw when I can unleash the GIMP!

--------------------

OfflineLSoares
Farmer
Male User Gallery

Loc: Portugal Flag
    #20854082 - 11/18/14 02:04 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Why pimp your avatar when you can make a fool of yourself?

--------------------
Z. in sunny Lisbon, Portugal
Cactus grower particularly fond of north american miniatures.
http://jardineiroazelha.blogspot.pt/

Sowing cacti - my way!
Random pictures of my collection.
Photographing cacti, Z's way.

Tāne Mahuta
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: ***The Garden Shed--Official EG Off Topic Thread*** [Re: LSoares] * 1
    #20854120 - 11/18/14 02:24 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Hey you!

Welcome to the shed. Pop a cork, put your feet up and then sharpen my secateurs would ya?

:awesantabig:

--------------------

OfflineLSoares
Farmer
Male User Gallery

Loc: Portugal Flag
    #20854162 - 11/18/14 02:57 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Things are quickly winding down here in sunny Portugal. There's been a lot of rain, meaning a lot of cloudy weather preventing the final flush of Ariocarpus flowers (I have nine plants of A. kotschoubeyanus in bud, waiting for some warmth) to open.

Grafting to Pereskiopsis keeps me mildly entertained, but it's becoming a problem. This is the routine: grow Pereskiopsis stock, graft when it gets to 3-4". Root top. Graft sprouts two or three tips more before scion takes over. Cut tips, root. Cut to two-three weeks later: you have four Peres stocks. Graft to them. End up with 12-16 stocks. If you had infinite space, 100% success and considering a cycle of 4 weeks, you'd end up with nearly 17 million grafts in a single year, from a single Peres stock. Hell, even considering a 10% long term success and two stocks from each graft, you'd end up with over 400 grafts.

Better start sowing some more seeds...

--------------------
Z. in sunny Lisbon, Portugal
Cactus grower particularly fond of north american miniatures.
http://jardineiroazelha.blogspot.pt/

Sowing cacti - my way!
Random pictures of my collection.
Photographing cacti, Z's way.

InvisibleMrGiraffe

#20854375 - 11/18/14 06:00 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

ferrel_human said:
Its late fall here in deep south texas and im making really stupid moves e.g. taking cuttings and doing grafts. Does this say something about my anxiety or my eagerness? Cause aint nothing going on but the rent.

Now the weather really fluctuates here. Like sunday was really nice and then BAM! Today its cold. I dont know anymore.:facepalm:

Feel free to discuss.

It was 12f when I woke up with a wind chill of -3f.  Winter's coming early this year I guess.

Quote:

karode13 said:

I've got a boring day of paper work ahead so am loading up on coffee. Later on today I plan on setting up a table for my seedlings as they're being eaten by some type of Weevil. It's been pissing me off for a few days now.:goodmorning:

You going to put the legs in buckets of water with dish soap?  I remebmer someone using that to keep ants (I think it was ants) off of their stuff.

--------------------

Invisibleferrel_human
stone eater
Male User Gallery

Re: ***The Garden Shed--Official EG Off Topic Thread*** [Re: LSoares] * 1
    #20854532 - 11/18/14 06:56 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

LSoares said:
Things are quickly winding down here in sunny Portugal. There's been a lot of rain, meaning a lot of cloudy weather preventing the final flush of Ariocarpus flowers (I have nine plants of A. kotschoubeyanus in bud, waiting for some warmth) to open.

Grafting to Pereskiopsis keeps me mildly entertained, but it's becoming a problem. This is the routine: grow Pereskiopsis stock, graft when it gets to 3-4". Root top. Graft sprouts two or three tips more before scion takes over. Cut tips, root. Cut to two-three weeks later: you have four Peres stocks. Graft to them. End up with 12-16 stocks. If you had infinite space, 100% success and considering a cycle of 4 weeks, you'd end up with nearly 17 million grafts in a single year, from a single Peres stock. Hell, even considering a 10% long term success and two stocks from each graft, you'd end up with over 400 grafts.

Better start sowing some more seeds...

Thats alot of grafting. I have all my pereskiopsis in a clear tote with about 3 inches of months old rainwater. They are still alive even though i rarely open it but like you said, its mildly entertaining. It loses its happy factor so quick. Sowing seed is a blast though. I could never get tired of that
:awebig:

--------------------
-Karode

Offlinekactus.brand.g
    #20854870 - 11/18/14 09:15 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Neato idea karode:thumbup: Winter isn't here early,it's just letting us know that it can do to us want it wants when it wants.I's 19f here,and there's snow on the ground:snow:
It's also not even going to get out of the 20's for highs today:snowflake:
That being said,this time next week it's going to be in the 50's and 60's,so pretty much old man winter was just giving us a little tease for things to come,stupid old man:mad2:
On a side note,all my plants are doing fantastic!
I have some Pepper plants I dug up and brought in that are pushing out mad blooms,and peppers,even in a cold dimly lit kitchen!!!
Going to be nice to have a winter harvest of fresh Peppers:thumbup:

Invisible1234go
#1 Swiftie
 User Gallery

Re: ***The Garden Shed--Official EG Off Topic Thread*** [Re: kactus.brand.g] * 1
    #20855088 - 11/18/14 10:30 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Been cutting everything down before the freeze these last few days.
It's turned into quite a pretty pile of winter waste.

Other than that, stressing about potted plants that I haven't got a winter spot for. No GH anymore, no proper lights in the garage.
I have no idea what i'm gonna do with all my plants, it's maddening.

Invisiblespaceman101
Friend to all
Male User Gallery

Loc: In heaven bored as hell
Re: ***The Garden Shed--Official EG Off Topic Thread*** [Re: kactus.brand.g] * 1
    #20855136 - 11/18/14 10:44 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Neato idea karode:thumbup: Winter isn't here early,it's just letting us know that it can do to us want it wants when it wants.I's 19f here,and there's snow on the ground:snow:
It's also not even going to get out of the 20's for highs today:snowflake:
That being said,this time next week it's going to be in the 50's and 60's,so pretty much old man winter was just giving us a little tease for things to come,stupid old man:mad2:

:whathesaid: We must be fairly close. Were dealing with the same shit right now so Today I'm putting together my grow room for when the weather really takes a turn.

BTW sorry Ferrell that's really sad to hear but in time everything goes as nature intended.

--------------------
-------------

Check out my Pollen Trade thread for spreading Good genetics far and wide :grin:

Great Vendors thread where we can discuss "Non Shroomery" Vendors that sell good products worth checking into :stoned:

A few things I wanna get my hands on check it out and let me know if you have any of these:grin:

Need help getting started growing mushrooms
              Here's The Noob Forum

Edited by spaceman101 (11/18/14 05:11 PM)

Offlinekactus.brand.g
Re: ***The Garden Shed--Official EG Off Topic Thread*** [Re: 1234go] * 1
    #20855160 - 11/18/14 10:50 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

1234go said:
Been cutting everything down before the freeze these last few days.
It's turned into quite a pretty pile of winter waste.

Other than that, stressing about potted plants that I haven't got a winter spot for. No GH anymore, no proper lights in the garage.
I have no idea what i'm gonna do with all my plants, it's maddening.

I see some Klip,Castor,Legumes,pretty colors:stoned:
Why no winter spot for your plants anymore?

InvisiblecowsRmeat
Don't step on the MomeRaths
 User Gallery

Loc: Wonderland
    #20855601 - 11/18/14 12:43 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Looks like good food for some rabbits....

Thanks karode for the santa hat!

--------------------
One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree.
'Which road do I take?' she asked.
'Where do you want to go?' was his response.
'I don't know', Alice answered.
'Then', said the cat, 'it doesn't matter.'

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds