Home | Community | Message Board

FreeSpores.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisibletuna
Stranger

Loc: california, bay area
mycelial transfer
    #2085010 - 11/08/03 09:40 PM (13 years, 27 days ago)

i have some pf jars that i dried out a little on a heating pad :frown:, and i got to thinking... will these cakes be weak producers even if i rehydrate them :confused:? if so, i want to just start some new jars, but i'm out of spores. can i grab some mycelium from a casing and plant it in a pf jar? if so, i have the following questions: 1. which mycelium sample should i choose? i have a casing with some aerial growth, or would something attached to the casing be stronger? 2. what is the best way to get the mycelium into a steril pf jar? i was thinking of using fine pointed tweezers, or maybe putting the mycelium in a syringe and injecting it. 3.has anyone ever thaught of putting some h2o2 in a pf jar to help prevent contam? think it would work?
any other tips? 

--------------------
i do not do anything illegal. (other than j-walking) everything i say i am doing or have done is a lie.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineGregHimself
Just a guyobssesed withshroomies.
Male User Gallery

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
Re: mycelial transfer [Re: tuna]
    #2085015 - 11/08/03 09:42 PM (13 years, 27 days ago)

if you but h2o2 in a pf jar and try to inocc with multispore the spores will be killed by the h2o2. If you have some fully colonised pf jars laying around...do a search on there for poor mans syringe tek, transfering mycellium from a casing CAN work, but the contam risks are so bloody high...better off waiting for your shrooms crop, take a spore print and starting new syringes

--------------------
"The key to successful cultivation is to match the skills of the cultivator with the right strain on the proper substrate under ideal environmental conditions."
Paul Stamets
Growing Gourmet and Medicinal Mushrooms(Third Edition)

InvisibleHanky
wiffle bat.
Male User Gallery
Loc: Great Southern Land.
Re: mycelial transfer [Re: GregHimself]
    #2085406 - 11/08/03 11:26 PM (13 years, 27 days ago)

you can easily use pf cakes to spawn grain jars.just do it in a glovebox/flowhood.

--------------------
Coaster is an idiot...
[quote]Coaster said:
but i thnk everything thats pure is white?
[/quote]

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation