Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience >> Trip Reports

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineFritzs_caindealer
Fritz tested,dealer approved

Loc: Montreal, Canada
AS THE SHROOM TRIP ENDS
    #2084317 - 11/08/03 04:49 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

and the body is exhausted, the mind no longer bombarded with wave after wave of thoughts, you realize the trip is ending. and you're happy with all the things you've come to realise and understand about yourself but at the same time it makes you sad because you would love to remain in that form of conciousness forever.

...you just take what you learned and know that you're ready to face what's out there: life, society etc.

also helps if you can find the perfect song to fit the mood...some accoustic for me usually...i lke to play Alice in chains unplugged, track two: brother.

how do you guys deal with the come down off shrooms?

--------------------
And then at night I would wonder:
Had I been wasting all my time enjoying the sweet taste of Tennasse bourbon, brownest of the brown liquors? Where was my girlfriend? Where was my car? Who's bed was I lying on? Which state was I in? And I got that sad feeling to make me cry...

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineChiefThunderbong
Inhale to theChief
 User Gallery

Re: AS THE SHROOM TRIP ENDS [Re: Fritzs_caindealer]
    #2084336 - 11/08/03 04:59 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

I like to smoke a bowl.

--------------------
Yeah spinnin' around again
yea caught in a tailspin

Onlinewrestler_az
PsiLLy BiLLy
Male User Gallery Arcade Champion: Chopper Challenge

Loc: day dreams of a mad man
Re: AS THE SHROOM TRIP ENDS [Re: ChiefThunderbong]
    #2084375 - 11/08/03 05:12 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

^^^^^^what you said :grin: 

--------------------
how's your WOW?

Edited by yageman (04/20/06 4:20 PM) 

OfflineJimiStoneFree
Shroomer

Loc: Colorado, U.S.A.
Re: AS THE SHROOM TRIP ENDS [Re: wrestler_az]
    #2084394 - 11/08/03 05:22 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Yeah, I like tokin a bit while I'm coming down...rather than crashing head-long into the ground, I ease my way down.  So instead of falling off the 30 meter platform into a cold pool, I ease myself back down into the shallow end!  :laugh:   

--------------------
"Today, a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively. There is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves!" -Bill Hicks

Offlinematteo
empty

Re: AS THE SHROOM TRIP ENDS [Re: JimiStoneFree]
    #2086260 - 11/09/03 12:03 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Yep, smoking is fun on the way down, merely because i can literally feel myself, as my mind loses its wonderful lucidity and begins to ache with all the work my brain did processing my ideas (the ones that came not from my brain, but from the effect of the drug), and my mind\being can no longer make that instant jump "around" a subject to view it from all points instantly, and must now make that journey the slow way around, I can actually feel that downgrading from mushroom lucidity into stoned haze, and the haze is like a warm blanket to snuggle in after all the work i've just done. And of course it's nice to talk, and listen to quiet, calm music. I particularly like Nick Drake for early morning comedowns... the mood is perfect.

--------------------
I have presented the above as fact, but it is only based on one of an infinite number of possible theories, each of which is as true as the other is false.

OfflineRespectTheFungus
Fungus Fan

Loc: In a spore
Re: AS THE SHROOM TRIP ENDS [Re: matteo]
    #2086604 - 11/09/03 03:30 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

That was a very good description of a shroom comedown fritz, exactly how i would describe it. Peace.

--------------------
"With a bit of luck, his life was ruined forever. Always thinking that just behind some narrow door in all of his favorite bars, men in red woolen shirts are getting incredible kicks from things he'll never know."

Offlineant61
Male
Loc: colorado
Re: AS THE SHROOM TRIP ENDS [Re: RespectTheFungus]
    #2086618 - 11/09/03 03:43 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

I like to smoke alittle , and have a glass of wine or two, to relax
until sleep come's.

Offlinejong21
Mycologist/CSMajor

Loc: Berkeley, CA
Re: AS THE SHROOM TRIP ENDS [Re: ant61]
    #2086642 - 11/09/03 03:55 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Yeah good description, the best setting for coming down (for me) is talking with people, either people doing shrooms with you or people who might be sober but have done plenty of shrooms/psychadelics before. Talking to a sober person (who understands you) while still tripping but more in control of your thoughts can be really stimulating, and will keep your mind off the fact that you are coming down. In my experience doing this fully utilizes the benefits of the psilocybin, helps you discuss things that you thought about before but couldn't explain before, and of course passing the bong around at the same time. Reality creeps back in a little bit at a time, and this helps to really congeal the topic of conversation in your mind in a new way, a way that makes the topic you are discussing feel really important, and deep. Even if it is something simple, what you talk about seems deep, and as time passes you realize what is actually important and what wasn't, a little bit at at time. Utilized the right way I think the coming down experience can be very positive, in a different way from coming up and tripping of course.

--------------------
I either talk about my friends in the first or third person, but I never, ever talk about myself on this website. Except that last sentence.

Offlinematteo
empty

Re: AS THE SHROOM TRIP ENDS [Re: jong21]
    #2086687 - 11/09/03 04:12 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

I agree entirely jong, I would say that the coming down, and the week after a trip is still very much within the "effect" of the drug. You have to take the time to put words around what you have experienced and file it in your conscious mind. The time after a trip is just as exciting and interesting as the trip itself to me.

--------------------
I have presented the above as fact, but it is only based on one of an infinite number of possible theories, each of which is as true as the other is false.

Offlineangryjslice
now with 20%more anger
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: AS THE SHROOM TRIP ENDS [Re: matteo]
    #2086697 - 11/09/03 04:18 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

the best thing to do when your coming down is sit with good friends in a diner, smoking ciggerettes and drinking coffee, especially if your friends are just comin down too :wink: .  i love the afterglow, i try to ride it out as long as possible, and when it starts to go away, i fall asleep.

~JSlice~

--------------------

Offlinekaptain_karma
We're all inthis together
Loc: the jolly old land of Oz
Re: AS THE SHROOM TRIP ENDS [Re: angryjslice]
    #2086867 - 11/09/03 06:37 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Oddly enough, I enjoy getting drunk at the end of a shroom trip. For some reason it just sort of perpetuates the nostalgia for the triip you just had and makes for a btichass night.

I'm also a big fan of sitting around listening to whatever music relaxes you most and reading children's books like Dr. Suess and Edward Gorey type stuff. It's really soothing.

OfflineFritzs_caindealer
Fritz tested,dealer approved

Loc: Montreal, Canada
Re: AS THE SHROOM TRIP ENDS [Re: kaptain_karma]
    #2087182 - 11/09/03 09:19 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

i've seen this with alot of people, including myself, you know you tend to show more emotion than usual as the trip wears off, maybe this is because your mind is exhausted and you don't have you guard up to supress the emotions. i say this because i remember getting to my place after having tripped with a bunch of friends near the lake and reading this children's book called the veleveteen rabbit, it made me so sad...how the parents of the child burn the old, dusty, chewed up rabbit, who had been in a gift from the child's parents when he was like one or two.

i don't know why but for some reasong it really got to me...
i especially become nostalgic, thinking about childhood memories...he innocense and such...the shrooms still reacting i guess or is it some higher power?

peace

--------------------
And then at night I would wonder:
Had I been wasting all my time enjoying the sweet taste of Tennasse bourbon, brownest of the brown liquors? Where was my girlfriend? Where was my car? Who's bed was I lying on? Which state was I in? And I got that sad feeling to make me cry...

OfflineNiamhNyx
I'm NOT a 'he'
Female User Gallery

Re: AS THE SHROOM TRIP ENDS [Re: Fritzs_caindealer]
    #2089286 - 11/10/03 02:14 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

The children's book thing is a beautiful idea:)

When I was extremely baked one night *extreeeeeeemely baked* A friend and I started talking about kids books and it occured to me that I would write one at some point. I got really excited about the idea and began to fantasize about all the things I'd put in it, all the dreams I'd forgotten and hadn't brought to conciousness in many years.

On the other hand, the only bad trip I can remember ever having involved imagery from a book I read as a child overlaid with green swirling patterns while I could hear a woman screaming 'NOOOO!!!' at the top of her lungs like she was being killed or something.

Drugs and kids books have a mixed history for me apparently.

To stay on topic, I'm not huge on pot coming down. I feel like it overpowers the little bit of shrooming thats left and takes away my time to say goodbye by putting me in pot-space. I like to let go of the shrooms staying closely in contact with them. It is a little sad to say goodbye, but at the same time incredibly peaceful. I wouldn't trade that peace and closure for very much at all.

I do like to take a little walk down the street and say goodnight to the moon, the stars, the rain and the trees on the comedown. I live in a suburb so sometimes I'm too worried about cars and other people to venture outside during the peak... I know, its a damn shame.

Another thing I enjoy is looking around at my fellow shroomers, smiling hugely and discussing what we've been experiencing. It's a pleasant way to touch back to reality, sharing the surreal with something real that you care about immensely.

I definitly will be reading a childrens book on my next comedown, my next trip buddy (it will be her first time) is quite obsessed with kids books so she'll love the idea. In fact, I'll keep a few of her favourites around to read in case her trip starts getting scary.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience >> Trip Reports