Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinedudeownsproperty
Stranger
Loc: Fort Walton Beach, FL
Mexican tarragon (tagetes lucida) - visuals?
    #3826023 - 02/24/05 01:39 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Various vendors are selling this, claiming that it produces visuals when smoked. If anyone has tried this, what results did you get? Please give as many details as possible, such as the amount smoked, how it was smoked, in what time span, and how long the smoke was held in the lungs. I am very curious. Thanks!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinestefan
work in progress

Loc: The Netherlands
Re: Mexican tarragon (tagetes lucida) - visuals? [Re: dudeownsproperty] * 1
    #3826160 - 02/24/05 04:14 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

never even heard of it :shrug:

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
Re: Mexican tarragon (tagetes lucida) - visuals? [Re: dudeownsproperty]
    #3827849 - 02/24/05 02:26 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I got an ounce or so from IAmShaman, and it did absolutely nothing. I tried smoking it in bowls, joints, smoking a lot of it, nothing happens in my experience. I wouldn't waste your money on it.

It does taste kind of nice and fruity, even though the smoke's a bit harsh.

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

Offlineblaze2
The Witness
Male

Loc: San Antonio, TX
Re: Mexican tarragon (tagetes lucida) - visuals? [Re: Ravus]
    #3831435 - 02/25/05 01:29 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

tarragon is a cooking herb. There are varieties that taste like lemon. so the fruit flavor makes sense. Ive never heard of any tarragon bringing on hallucinations tho, admittedly i cant say that ive ever actually looked into it either. Its probly fake like all those other "legal high" herb blends. Peace

blaze2

--------------------
"Religion without science is blind, Science without religion is lame." Albert Einstein

"peace is not maintained through force it is acheived through intelligence." Albert Einstein

"Those who desire to give up Freedom in order to gain Security, will not have, nor do they deserve, either one."
Thomas Jefferson

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." --Thomas Jefferson

OfflineAneglakya
mephiticconjurator

Re: Mexican tarragon (tagetes lucida) - visuals? [Re: blaze2] * 2
    #3831860 - 02/25/05 06:49 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

egh.... They use to mix it with Nicotiana rustica which was likely the principal hallucinogen in the mixture.

Its just marigold... Burpee's, Johnny's and many other seed vendors sell this very common variety of marigold... Regular Marigold is even considered to be hallucinogenic.. Tagetes erecta was used by the Aztecs... There are tons of common plants out there that have been used as hallucinogens at one point in time(think about it. the main stream ones like coleus, petunia, marigold, morning glory are all very well known 'entheogens' but there are countless more.. Many of them are considered to be hallucinogenic or mind altering based on a single lead. Shultes heard about the ecquadorian highland natives using a variety of petunia to induce feelings of flight, we took this lead and ran with it, began testing samples from various countries and suppliers, etc. etc.) Same this with Mexican Marigold, we heard that it was possibly used as a hallucinogen based on a few leads and ran with it. Maybe we will someday learn to unlock its secrets. We've knew about salvia d long before we learned that it contained the most potent natural hallucinogen and many just disregarded it, thinking that it was just another plant to profit from. There are hundreds of leads out there just waiting to be explored and its our job to do so. Sunflower petels are said to be used as a potent aphrodisiac... A common sedge member in the midwest is one of the most feared and powerful herbs of the tarahumara indians... Let me share a little something with you, its an excert from an old post of mine.. I got this info from Jon Ott's Pharmacotheon(highly recommended) but I added my own comments to it:

Tagetes erecta: (this is a fairly common plant. Marigold. IAMSHAMAN sells Tagetes lucida which was commonly mixed with N. rustica by the Huichol indians into a smoking mixture called ye-tumutsali. Many think that the psychoactive affects are actually due to the rustica rater than the lucida. I've also read that t. lucida is considered poisonous. okay on with the text)
.......Tagetes erecta, the famous zempoalxochitl of mexico, has been reportedly used as a sacred inebriant by the Mixe indians of Oaxaca who make hot-water infusions of nine flowers for divinatory purposes. This species is used as a malaria remedy in Madagscar. (Do not confuse this plant with Pot Marigold. This is pretty easy to find at green houses and garden centers. I have yet to experiment with it. Someone should do a search at Dukes Database and find it's constituents).

So lets get to work and unlock the secrets that nature has in store for us.

--------------------

Offlinedudeownsproperty
Stranger
Loc: Fort Walton Beach, FL
Re: Mexican tarragon (tagetes lucida) - visuals? [Re: Aneglakya]
    #3832027 - 02/25/05 07:50 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

this is all some great information, thanks!

Invisibleobaku
student of theuniverse
Male User Gallery
Loc: Northwest Oregon
    #3832258 - 02/25/05 09:11 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I think I've read accounts where the Aztecs blew a cloud of dried and powdered tagetes into the faces of their prisoners to stupify them before they had their hearts cut out on the sacrificial altars. Curious, but I've never checked it out.

--------------------
The master's gone herb gathering, somewhere on the mountain, cloud-hidden, whereabouts unknown.

OfflineAneglakya
mephiticconjurator

Re: Mexican tarragon (tagetes lucida) - visuals? [Re: obaku]
    #3848583 - 02/28/05 06:59 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Wow! I would really like to hear / read more about that account!

--------------------

OfflineCerebro
Spawnmaster C
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cocytus
    #6136307 - 10/05/06 01:03 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

I know Tagetes lucida is a mild stimulant and it contains a chemical called trimethoxycoumarin maybe that is why they mixed it with their peyote.  Coumarin itself in high doses is a narcotic. But then I read in a book called "Plants that Heal" that T. lucida has a substance which bares a striking resemblance to LSD-25.  It was used for itching and hangovers which involves a neurohormone known as cortisterone which in turn is also involved in anxiety neurosis.  LSD blocks corticoids.  But forget about it because it is probably a waste of $$$. :thumbdown:  Get some salvia or herb or something. :thumbup:

Edited by Cerebro (01/15/07 01:23 PM)

OfflineCaleaGardener
Mind Opener
Male User Gallery
Loc: State country ect
Re: my exeprianc with mexican tarragon. Mexican tarragon (tagetes lucida) - visuals? [Re: dudeownsproperty]
    #20836494 - 11/14/14 01:07 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

I grow this plant because I collect entheogenic plants. I've tried smoking it with little effects other then drowsyness and a strange diconected type of feeling but even this was very mild. Then I made tea out of a large fresh harvest and I experienced something pretty unique. First off as far as closed eye visuals: what happened was when ever I closed my eyes I would have a strange dream like effect. When I closed my eyes it was like I was dreaming but i knew I was awake. When I actually fell asleep it inhanced vividness in my dreams that's about it. But no true closed eye visuals like patterns nothing like that it's like dreaming while awake.

--------------------
Seconds, minutes,  and hours is a made up human concept used to try to control something that we simply can't. The fact is without seconds, minutes, and hours nothing in the natural world would change.

Offlinekactus.brand.g
Re: my exeprianc with mexican tarragon. Mexican tarragon (tagetes lucida) - visuals? [Re: CaleaGardener]
    #20838369 - 11/14/14 08:22 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

I want to see someone unlock the secret of the coleus:ahahaha:

Invisiblekarode13Facebook
Tāne Mahuta
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: LV-426
Re: my exeprianc with mexican tarragon. Mexican tarragon (tagetes lucida) - visuals? [Re: kactus.brand.g]
    #20838413 - 11/14/14 08:32 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Coleus shmoleus...

Here's the secret:

There is no secret. It's bunk.

:mindblown:

--------------------

Offlinekactus.brand.g
Re: my exeprianc with mexican tarragon. Mexican tarragon (tagetes lucida) - visuals? [Re: karode13]
    #20839685 - 11/15/14 06:34 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

karode13 said:
Coleus shmoleus...

Here's the secret:

There is no secret. It's bunk.

I can name a few others that are claimed to be psychoactive that aren't either,but I'll let people find out on their own like I had to do:haha:

Invisiblekarode13Facebook
Tāne Mahuta
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: LV-426
Re: my exeprianc with mexican tarragon. Mexican tarragon (tagetes lucida) - visuals? [Re: kactus.brand.g]
    #20842226 - 11/15/14 05:56 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

I was being a smart arse more than stating a fact.

But in my opinion anyway, the plant is not useful as an entheogen.

This guy cracks me up as well:

--------------------

Offlinekactus.brand.g
Re: my exeprianc with mexican tarragon. Mexican tarragon (tagetes lucida) - visuals? [Re: karode13]
    #20842449 - 11/15/14 06:48 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

karode13 said:
I was being a smart arse more than stating a fact.

But in my opinion anyway, the plant is not useful as an entheogen.

This guy cracks me up as well:

So I see:tongue2:well unbeknownst to you,you actually were staing a fact:thumbup:

I love this guy too,he's so rad!
:mindblown::mindblown:
:mindblown::mindblown:

Edited by kactus.brand.g (11/15/14 06:49 PM)

OfflineSTPLSD25
Shaman
Male User Gallery

Re: Mexican tarragon (tagetes lucida) - visuals? [Re: dudeownsproperty]
    #27073822 - 12/05/20 04:24 PM (3 years, 3 months ago)

So, I know this topic is extremely old and only a few people are even still around from it, but I was reading up on what was being said on Tagetes erecta and it just turned out that my fiance grew some this past growing season and I saved it.

I smoked a 1gr cigarette with a filter to see if there were any detectable psychoactive effects. The taste is good in small amounts with other herbs in herbal cigs (i've tried it before) but straight herb was really potent and harsh, it was nearly unbearable. I managed to smoke 3/4ths of it. Though it could be placebo, i did notice slight color variations and size disorientation in a similar high of mugwort and blue lotus if they were taken together. I also notice that my green seems to be effecting me more also... So, what I'm doing now is making a 10X Tagetes erecta extract, I'm going to get a feel for the dose in grams (0.1 being equal to 1gr) and seeing if I can get any kind of psychedelic/psychoactive/hallucinatory effect.

Also, I like what you guys were saying about seeing what Mother Earth has given us... A beautiful sentiment, which I share...

--------------------
"The State is a soulless machine, it can never be weaned from violence to which it owes its very existence"." ~Mahatma Ghandi

“It is through separation that you will win: no representatives, and no candidates!”
― Pierre-Joseph Proudhon

OfflineSTPLSD25
Shaman
Male User Gallery

Re: Mexican tarragon (tagetes lucida) - visuals? [Re: STPLSD25]
    #27074013 - 12/05/20 06:30 PM (3 years, 3 months ago)

Upon further research they are saying it has a salvatoran A like chemical in it that is not fully understood. Hopefully it is soluble in water, I guess I could've used my last little bit of alcohol, but knowing the Aztecs would brew it in a tea I decided in favor of a low heat water extraction. It is slowly drying now...

--------------------
"The State is a soulless machine, it can never be weaned from violence to which it owes its very existence"." ~Mahatma Ghandi

“It is through separation that you will win: no representatives, and no candidates!”
― Pierre-Joseph Proudhon

OfflineSolipsis
m̶a̶d̶ disappointed scientist
Male User Gallery

Loc: the Neitherlands Flag
Re: Mexican tarragon (tagetes lucida) - visuals? [Re: STPLSD25] * 1
    #27076367 - 12/07/20 12:04 AM (3 years, 3 months ago)

If there is such a neoclerodane compound in there, it would mean it would need to be used buccally or otherwise parenterally to get an effect just like salvia orally doesn't work effectively.

There is an obscure mushroom species also found to contain such a chemical called collybolide and it was bioassayed with mild effects (which could easily be a matter of dosage and potency of the mushrooms). That mushroom is pretty disgusting and bitter so it is probably no surprise that nobody came with the idea to chew on it for half an hour.

Maybe make a sublingual tincture? I have Tagetes lucida seeds I think, I guess I should grow them in the spring!

Edited by Solipsis (12/10/20 10:32 AM)

OfflineSTPLSD25
Shaman
Male User Gallery

Re: Mexican tarragon (tagetes lucida) - visuals? [Re: Solipsis]
    #27076745 - 12/07/20 08:41 AM (3 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Solipsis said:
If there is such a neoclerodane compound in there, it would mean it would need to be used buccally or otherwise parenterally to get an effect just like salvia orally doesn't work effectively.

There is an obscure mushroom species also found to contain such a chemical called collybolide and it was bioassayed with mild effects. That mushroom is pretty disgusting and bitter so it is probably no surprise that nobody came with the idea to chew on it for half an hour.

Maybe make a sublingual tincture? I have Tagetes lucida seeds I think, I guess I should grow them in the spring!

That would be a good idea, but I only have Targetes Erecta... I'm thinking about growing Tagetes lucida in the spring also.

After making 10X Tagetes Erecta I can say it has strong aphrodisiac,anxiolytic and, sedative properties. Psychoactivity is mild.. I could see how the "strange" feeling could enhance psychedelics, though.

Interested in trying Tagetes lucida, even if just to enhance other psychedelics.

--------------------

― Pierre-Joseph Proudhon

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates