Home | Community | Message Board

Kraken Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience >> Trip Reports

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineEuphoria
watch theweatherchange...

Preparing for the lone voyage (looking for tips)
    #2083329 - 11/08/03 08:49 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

So I was thinking about tripping tonight, alone, in my room at home. My past two trips have been 3.5g, most recent on Halloween (of course :P ) both times I had a wild mind-fuck, so I think I'm gonna just go for 2.0 or 2.5g. All I really want to do is listen to music. Last time, after 4-5 hours of tripping, listening to Radiohead caused me to believe (not think, believe) that I was Thom York (it was wild).

Anywho, my family will be in the house, but I am thinking I wait until they are asleep until I dose. I'll probably stay in my room most of the time, but I could venture outside if need really be, or to the kitchen for a snack.

In my room I've got a tv, dvd, computer, MUSIC, bed, etc. My main goal is to just relax, mellow out, and listen to some good tunes all night. I just got some new comfy headphones and a 10gb MP3 player, so I'm all set!

I was just wondering if you guys would have any tips in terms of what to have in my room, what to do if x happens, tips on dose amount? Anything at all, thanks guys!

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlineeve69
--=..Did Adam and ...?=--
Male User Gallery

Loc: isle de la muerte Flag
Re: Preparing for the lone voyage (looking for tips) [Re: Euphoria]
    #2083368 - 11/08/03 09:25 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Sounds alright. I like tripping during the afternoon myself because there's nothing I like doing more than tripping and working in my garden. But personally I think if you have any creative hobbies that are spontaneous then set out some of them to do, like finger paint, or something.

--------------------
...or something

OfflineEuphoria

Re: Preparing for the lone voyage (looking for tips) [Re: eve69]
    #2083447 - 11/08/03 10:22 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Awesome suggestion eve, thanks! I think I may get an art kit ready. I play guitar, but that would probably make too much noise at night.

Offlinestudent
Stranger

#2083533 - 11/08/03 11:36 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Please don't waste the whole night listening to music. Music is good until the mushrooms start taking effect, but after that you are missing out. Complete darkness and silence is the most powerful input you could have. Close the blinds, towel the door and explore your head. Most people like the distraction of music and toys and other nonsense because they are afraid to be alone. But you are alone. Give in to it, let it control you. You can learn so much from yourself with no distractions.
Also, without all the interference your mind can do crazy things. Visual and auditory hullicinations become so vivid that you cannot escape them. They own you. The power of two grams will blow you away if you actually see everything that is lost by light and noise.

I like to have a recorder with me so I can talk to something. The most intense conversations I have ever had have been with myself while tripping. And it is good to go back through some of the thoughts that got lost in the jumble.

If you decide that you really must have music; listen to instrumentals. A good background music for your thoughts. A a spectacular background song for real intense journeys is track 14 on You Can Hear the Heart Beating As One, by Yo La Tengo. It is called Spec Bebop. Repeat that one song starting from the beginning of the akward stage. It will shoot you to the other side of the universe. It is the perfect length too. A 10:40 loop is perfect by yourself. You keep the thought flow moving, but you spend enough time in each thought to make some startling revalations. Real quiet through headphones is the only way to listen to it, otherwise it will overpower you. Having that song beamed directly into the back of your head at a low volume is perfect if you need something to keep you from pure thoughts. And if you go to a bad place, the best way to leave is to play track 10, green arrow. It has been the only thing to keep me from pure madness before.

Don't feel that I am telling you that you have to do any of these things. I know they work for me, but everyone is different. If you try some of these things it might change your world. Or it might ruin your trip. You can't be afraid to experience new things.

Good luck,
student

Offlinewrestler_az
PsiLLy BiLLy
Male User Gallery Arcade Champion: Chopper Challenge

Loc: day dreams of a mad man
    #2084213 - 11/08/03 04:19 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

i dont know how i would feel about the whole having the family in the house thing...especially if you start tripping hard, and start making noise and shit....could turn out to be a bad night for you....

just be careful...

--------------------
how's your WOW?

Edited by yageman (04/20/06 4:20 PM) 

Invisiblebert
bodhi

Loc: state
    #2084311 - 11/08/03 04:48 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

That's soooo weird you said that. I was tripping a large amount of DPT and listening to radiohead and I felt that same way, like I had somehow merged with thom. The feeling kep getting stronger until I thought I had become one with all humanity. Anyways, radiohead will be good to listen to for awhile, but as the others said, close your eyes and meditate. That's pretty much the best thing to do, it'll take you deeper. have fun.

--------------------
Persons denying the existence of robots may be robots themselves.

OfflineEuphoria

Re: Preparing for the lone voyage (looking for tips) [Re: bert]
    #2084959 - 11/08/03 09:25 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Student - I will definitely try that man, that sounds intense. I've never not had distractions, so that could be really interesting. Would I just be sitting in darkness, then all of a sudden just see something? Usually my visuals are a result of some stimulus (music, speech, etc.) or are patterns, but if I'm in the dark and quiet, why I don't really know what to expect!

I just got in from work, family's still awake, and I think I have a bit of a cold (could just be over-tired, been up since 7 which is irregular for me - i'm spoiled with sleep)

However I am still planning to go ahead with it. About the worrying thing - I'll be in my room, down the hall, and between two closed doors. I come in at 2, 3am all the time, no one ever comes to talk/see me, so I think I'll be good. My last 3.5g trip i was on the verge of the deep-end of bad trips, and thanks to everything I've learned here, I was able to control myself and return to bliss. So I think a 2/2.5g trip shouldn't be too crazy for me.

Any other last minute stuff guys? 2.0 or 2.5g? whaddya think?

ps - i smoke pot all the time, and have never gone an entire trip without smoking. I may try it tonight to test out the mental-clarity issue, but I am concerned about the come down. Again, I could just roll one up in my room and hop outside for a quick puff puff then hop into bed. I may even pre-roll just in case I want to take a short walk (COLD!)

Hmm....the excitement is building! The best thing is I have the whole day off tomorrow to just veg out, probably meet a buddy, and talk about the experience.

Any last minute tips guys? Musical suggestions highly welcome also, but it'll have to be stuff I can grab of Kazaa tonight.

OfflineEuphoria

#2085440 - 11/08/03 11:43 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

11:43pm - dosed 2.0g

report will follow, wish me luck

Offlinestefan
work in progress

Loc: The Netherlands
    #2085892 - 11/09/03 04:52 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

have a pleasant journey  :cool:

Offlineeve69
--=..Did Adam and ...?=--
Male User Gallery

Loc: isle de la muerte Flag
Re: Preparing for the lone voyage (looking for tips) [Re: stefan]
    #2086157 - 11/09/03 10:12 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

A good night to merge....harmonic concordence and all, part on young peeps

--------------------
...or something

Offlineshr00m
junglisT 2 thefUll3st

Re: Preparing for the lone voyage (looking for tips) [Re: eve69]
    #2086684 - 11/09/03 04:11 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

whether u trip in silence or withmusic.l...whatever choice you make(doesnt matter)...I hope you have a awesome trip.

--------------------
the only constant is change~ life goes on. so theres no point in staying back because you can always catch up. try,hope, and understand!

OfflineEuphoria

Re: Preparing for the lone voyage (looking for tips) [Re: shr00m]
    #2086715 - 11/09/03 04:28 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Okay guys - here's my report (shouldn't be too long).

After dosing I tried to just distract myself a bit (I couldn't smoke weed - a usual thing for me, but I wanted to experience solely the shrooms).  I watched a little TV, fiddled with the computer, etc.  About 20 minutes later, the screen was flickering a bit, and my background was doing some slight morphing.  Throughout this time I had some moderate nausea, but I tried to work past it (my stomach was also somewhat upset all day anyway, so it may have just been that)

So after about 35 minutes I decided to head to my bed and listen to some tunes.  (Interesting note: my cold symptoms were completely gone!  This is a fact, it amazed and surprised me)  I started off with Radiohead's OK Computer and before I knew it, I was at the sixth track.  I just lost concept of 'track numbers' and time.  So at track 6 I decided to get up for a bit.

Now, an important thing to note about me last night was that I was very tired.  This was not from the shrooms, I got 5 hours of sleep the previous night, and had been up since 7am yesterday)  Basically, my body was weak but my mind was going nuts!  Which was fine with me.  I headed to the bathroom for a quick stop, things weren't moving much like they had with my 3.5g doses.

Headed back to my room, this is about 90minutes after dosing.  I listened to APC's Mer De Noms on my bed again, (huuuuge grin on my face when 'Judith' kicked in).  I saw them twice this year and I was getting good CEV's/memories of the concerts.  And before I knew it the cd was over.  I got some slight closed eye visuals, nothing open really.

I tried no music, just lying in my bed, but I just got weird thoughts and felt a desire to listen to music (Im a musician so maybe it's just me - i looooove music).

Then I listened to some Tool, more Radiohead, and just kind of jumped around music.

Then the magic of the trip started (this i think is the magic of a light trip): I decided to get out of bed and went to my desk, I got some sharpies and some gloss paper and just started writing anything in my head.  I would write things, then look back and not remember writing it.  One thing read "I am here to help, don't worry, let me help"  Maybe a conversation with my sub-conscious?

Then I got more paper and just started writing poetry, verse, anything.  I just wrote.  This was 3-4 hours after dosing.  I also came to some good thoughts - I gained closure over my ex-g/f, I gained new perspectives on school and on life in general.  (btw - I am amazed that no matter how many times I do the sacrament, I still learn new things about myself and about life - an amazing tool)

Then I hopped into bed and went to sleep, sleeping for almost 12 hours I think.

So in closing, it was a nice light trip and I enjoyed it.  Today I feel great!  Lots of energy, and a great outlook on life.  I'm going to spend the night with some buds and some 'buds' :smile:  Thanks for all the help guys.  I think I enjoy more of a higher dose experience (I think 3.5 is my magic number (for the fruits I have now anyway) but this trip definitely brought me some benefits.

Offlinematteo
empty

#2086720 - 11/09/03 04:33 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Fantastic, I'm glad to hear it went well and that you had a productive night, I'd be particularly interested to read more of what you wrote under the influence, It's always fascinating to see the different ways the mind works.

--------------------
I have presented the above as fact, but it is only based on one of an infinite number of possible theories, each of which is as true as the other is false.

Offlinestudent
Stranger

Re: Preparing for the lone voyage (looking for tips) [Re: matteo]
    #2086946 - 11/09/03 07:20 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

"I am here to help, don't worry, let me help"
hahaha
the best
that is great that how good of a trip you had.
if i knew you were a musician i never would have suggested the silence. but i am glad you tried it.
Reading your trip report made my day.

thank you so much,
student

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience >> Trip Reports