Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinedastats
Efrum theretarded rabbit
Loc: B.C.
DEPRESSION IS A BITCH!!!
    #2082427 - 11/07/03 11:40 PM (13 years, 29 days ago)

So I have had chronic depression fer the past 12 years of my life. Lately I have been trying meds, I have found uthin to werk. So, its shrink time. I have nuthing to be depressed about, except the shit all of us have to go thru everyday. I run a music studio, i make decent money, and I have my gurl. Today my gurl and I decided to split up, cause I'm to flakey and don't want her to have to deal with me. I want to fix this problem, because its starting to get scary fer me. Been comntemlating suicide, but I won't go that far. I would dissapoint everyone around me.

Any of you have depression, and have you fixed the problem? If so, how? I really need help.

Thanks fer yer time guys. And yes, I am as sketch.

--------------------
Peace all.

Jater

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleZero7a1
Leaving YourWasteland

Loc: Passing Cloud
Re: DEPRESSION IS A BITCH!!! [Re: dastats]
    #2082542 - 11/08/03 12:11 AM (13 years, 29 days ago)

Ive ran through depression... the highs... the lows... the hells... the pains... the trains... Going through my brain? You know what im talking about. Well i guess it got to be too much for me... And i started to look at my life and who i was... and all those people. And i tried to just be quiet, to let the waters swell as they would... and try not to scream as my body drift through an emotional cyclone. I think you have to ask yourself, are you going to be depressed for the rest of your life... or are you going to accept that some things are the way they are... and some things we must seek to change? A part of it never leaves me, and i find that accepting that its there... that i am unhappy about some things relieves the stress caused by the thoughts which trigger depression which triggers thoughts ( < that causes anxiety). Ultimately... ive had to ask myself... so am I going to tough it up... or am I going to sit here for the rest of my life thinking about how much everything sucks instead of doing something to change it?

I thought for a long time that i was just putting a veil over my eyes, trying to block out the emotional pains associated with not dealing with the social issues which i found to be total bullshit. But i realized that i really did have trouble with issues on the inside, and that it wasnt just the exterior world. Ive had to balance sides of myself in order to free my more concious reasoning... which in turn has alloted me the ability to transcend the "whims".

I did go to a "shrink", actually a counselor, she was great, she gave her heart out to listen to me... even if it was all bought time.... for someoone to go through listening to my crazy ass delve into an emotional abyss... they gotta be a pretty tough and compassionate individual. That could go for anybody... but regardless she was great... and she showed me those things i didnt want to see.. Only till i saw those things was i then allowed to come to grips with the truth... Only when i could come to grips with the truth could i be allowed to make my way down the road of sunshine.

But of course that was almost two years ago, and ive since then royally racked my brain... and developed a more anxiety problem... or ive started to realize it... But its been better every day... You gotta hold on to that hope... Look at the sky, know that beauty is their for you, make your own decisions on where you want to go, after all it is your life.

an intense battle... My avatar :wink: . sculpture has helped a lot too, people help, talking, walking, staring, seeing... these things help. Seeing a counselor may not be a bad idea, just get one you know you can trust, and one you know you can talk to. If they look like a robot, or their teeth are in a glass of water... you may want to consider finding a different therapist. Good Luck  :thumbup:  :laugh:

"Dont... Dont... Dont Stop" :eyemouth:  "there is Hope!"  :sun:

--------------------
What?

Offlineeve69
--=..Did Adam and ...?=--
Male User Gallery

Loc: isle de la muerte Flag
Re: DEPRESSION IS A BITCH!!! [Re: Zero7a1]
    #2083444 - 11/08/03 10:18 AM (13 years, 28 days ago)

I recommend chanting to a God of your choice. It's something I figured out. Thoughts are waves, and so are sounds. When our own waves aren't so groovy then it's good to choose another more happy wave. People with depression like Kali and Durga for instance. Durga removes psychological and physical barriers. Kali brings peace of mind. Both bring enlightenment. And light and happiness are what is wanted, no? If this appeals then some valid chants are

Om kreem klim Mahakaliyei namaha

And

Om doom doom Durgayei hum swaha

Try them out.

BTW, I am the mantra/tantra expert. If you have questions on these topics then feel free to ask. I am non sectarian and can work with you with your own religion to make a good mantra just for you.

--------------------
...or something

Offlinewrestler_az
PsiLLy BiLLy
Male User Gallery Arcade Champion: Chopper Challenge

Loc: day dreams of a mad man
Re: DEPRESSION IS A BITCH!!! [Re: dastats]
    #2084018 - 11/08/03 03:12 PM (13 years, 28 days ago)

my bout of depression slowed down dramatically when i came to the realization that there are just some things out of my control...i was too busy trying to control so many things that are just out of my reach (for example, death, choices friends/family members make, traffic :grin: you get the idea)

the only thing i can control is me, the actions i make in my every day life...and when i finally started to focus my attention to me, rather than my suroundings, i was able to check alot of my baggage at the door... 

--------------------
how's your WOW?

Edited by yageman (04/20/06 4:20 PM) 

Offlineeve69
--=..Did Adam and ...?=--
Male User Gallery

Loc: isle de la muerte Flag
Re: DEPRESSION IS A BITCH!!! [Re: wrestler_az]
    #2085066 - 11/08/03 09:57 PM (13 years, 28 days ago)

Yeah, it's true and good knowledge that much in life is totally out of our control. I used to try to see life as a gift, regardless of circumstances, since it is. There's greater miracles in the play of a cat, than in the Virgin Birth. I never understood why with all the amazing variety and beauty everywhere we had to have the supernormal on top of it.

--------------------
...or something

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being