Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineSmaug
 User Gallery
Re: interdimensional/interstellar travel via psychedelics? [Re: muhurgle]
    #2089892 - 11/10/03 03:59 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Well during my shroom trips I experience a lot of what has been said here already. The thing I've been thinking a lot about is layers. During my trips, it seems that there are many layers to the reality that exists, how ever I didn't try to experiment with them or anything. That's just what I've noticed. I have however, played with a seemingly endless loop of time, slipping through the near past and future randomly.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineguitarmon
musician

Re: interdimensional/interstellar travel via psychedelics? [Re: Swami]
    #2090336 - 11/10/03 06:31 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Swami said:
Disregarding all the blather, not one verifiable piece of data about any planet in our solar system has come from psychedelic journeying. END OF STORY.

*Please - no more faulty references to the Dogon tribe.*

No verifiable piece of evidence that you know of, but even if someone actually did come forward ... I doubt that they would be taken seriously by the scientific community.

But thats not the point, Im simply wondering if its 'possible'. Flying machines and traveling to the moon were only 'dreams' a couple of hundred years ago. Even so, there were people with imagination that thought about flying machines and trips to the moon long before it became a reality. If you can imagine or conceive of the idea ... why couldn't it be possible?

If there are multiple dimensions all around us ... but we are currently unaware of how to see or get to them ... maybe the use of psychedelics could somehow help us 'see' the way.

We only use a small percentage of our brains capabilities ... who knows what we could do with a little meditation, imagination, and shrooms.

Invisiblemr crisper

Re: interdimensional/interstellar travel via psychedelics? [Re: guitarmon]
    #2090351 - 11/10/03 06:40 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

We only use a small percentage of our brains capabilities

more like - the researcher, who originally said that, was only able to fathom a small percentage of our brains capabilities.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #2090620 - 11/10/03 08:27 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

No verifiable piece of evidence that you know of, but even if someone actually did come forward ... I doubt that they would be taken seriously by the scientific community.
That is an incredibly weak "argument" that is casually tossed out here repeatedly. Millions of trips taken and no previously unknown stellar data reported - how much simpler can it get than that?

Im simply wondering if its 'possible'.

Flying machines and traveling to the moon were only 'dreams' a couple of hundred years ago.
Irrelevant. The physics for those things were there, but the technology had yet to catch up. What could possibly be different about your next trip that will be able to bring back data about Mars?

Even so, there were people with imagination that thought about flying machines and trips to the moon long before it became a reality. If you can imagine or conceive of the idea ... why couldn't it be possible?
Reread the previous lines: BECAUSE THERE WILL BE NOTHING NEW AND DIFFERENT ABOUT YOUR NEXT TRIP that will enable cosmic remote viewing. Most every conceivable dosage, setting and combination has been tried.

If there are multiple dimensions all around us ... but we are currently unaware of how to see or get to them ... maybe the use of psychedelics could somehow help us 'see' the way.
One mo' time: if we haven't accessed these mysterious (external) realms yet, what will be different tomorrow?

We only use a small percentage of our brains capabilities ...
This has been debunked in g-r-e-a-t detail. Please list your source for this fallacy, rather than stating it as fact - it is not.

...who knows what we could do with a little meditation, imagination, and shrooms.
People who have tripped hundreds of times know - and the answer is: very little.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Offlineguitarmon
musician

#2090682 - 11/10/03 08:55 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Swami, you can split hairs and quote till the cows come home. You talk about science and evidence? Prove me wrong then, with scientific evidence. You won't ... because you can't.

I'm not trying to 'prove' anything ... nor am I attempting to state anything 'as fact' ... I've only put out some thoughts for discussion, and stated my 'opinion' ... all of which is subjective ... but regardless of that you have no evidence to the contrary anyways.

How do you know we (or someone ... not necessarily 'you' or 'me') haven't accessed 'these mysterious realms' already, but just haven't realized it?

The anwser is: you don't. Because you haven't ... or can't ... doesn't mean someone else can't, or hasn't already done it ... or will in the future.

All you know is what has gone on in your head ... and what you've read about other peoples experiences. All of which is open to interpretation and debate.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#2090801 - 11/10/03 09:39 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

You have yet to give any reason for even the belief in the possibility of interstellar travel from tripping. With no evidence and no precedence, what would point you in that direction except for a McKenna quote or cheesey sci-fi movies? Even conjecture MUST have some launching pad.

--------------------

OfflineZenGecko
enthusiast
    #2090857 - 11/10/03 10:08 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

I dont know a specific place where u can read about holographic theory. I've just picked up bits of info all over the place. type it into yahoo and you should get some hits, but i'd say try to stick with what actual scientists are saying and ingnore the psuedo science. because of the nature of the thoery, being that its more holistic, alot of crap has been said in regards to it.
Someone said something about layers of reality. I think about that alot. Sometimes i feel like i can almost see the grainularity of reality(that is a topic often discussed by scientists), like seeing the grain on film. And i often have the feeling that if i could just focus a lil bit more i would be able to see right through normal reality, or the surface of reality, to what really is. Kind of like Neo in the matrix i guess, like i can almost see the code. Especially since i had i guess a kensho like experience awhile back, the feeling has come more often and with greater intensity. Basically it is the feeling i suppose that everything i see is just like the surface of a pond, ripples and whatnot, but just below is a whole other world, and i can almost see it. I dont know, its an intresting feeling though. Its not that this isn't real, its just that there is so much more then this.
Sincerely,
That which is, and has no choice but to be

Offlineguitarmon
musician

#2090919 - 11/10/03 10:49 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Swami said:
You have yet to give any reason for even the belief in the possibility of interstellar travel from tripping. With no evidence and no precedence, what would point you in that direction except for a McKenna quote or cheesey sci-fi movies? Even conjecture MUST have some launching pad.

I don't have to give any reasons or evidence ... this is the 'Spirituality and Philosophy' forum, not the 'Science & Physics' forum. I am merely putting forth ideas and theorys for discussion.

If you're bent on the science and physics of it all, or merely trying to establish how clever you are ... then YOU prove me wrong ... smart guy. Use all the physics and science you want ... you still won't be able to do it. I beat you at your own silly game.

I'm not out to bash or ridicule you Swami, but if you're going to come on strong fronting me with weak science and physics rhetoric ... then you better back it up. I'm calling you on it. Prove me wrong.

OfflineZenGecko
enthusiast
    #2090949 - 11/10/03 11:07 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

You cant exlude science from spirituality, or philosophy, nor them from science. By their very definitions they must include one another. Or in the very least based on what many people believe those things to be, they must include atleast some of the others. Saying science has nothing to do with or say about god, is as nieve as saying that philosophy and/or spirituality are the only things that have anything to say about god.
Sincerely,
That which is, and has no choice but to be

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#2091095 - 11/11/03 12:23 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Using guitarmon-style "logic", why not believe in the possibility of interstellar travel from cutting your toenails or eating a bowl of Cap'N Crunch? The same "arguments" that you have supplied apply equally to any random activity.

--------------------

OfflineNoviseer
Percussion isFree
 User Gallery

Re: interdimensional/interstellar travel via psychedelics? [Re: nubious]
    #2091124 - 11/11/03 12:32 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

nubious said:
where can I do some reading on the holographic theory?

--------------------

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: interdimensional/interstellar travel via psychedelics? [Re: Noviseer]
    #2091148 - 11/11/03 12:42 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Off-Topic: your avatar

Dude, that is one hellacious wipe-out. I shudder just looking at it. Where did you get the pic? Ever been to The Wedge in Newport Beach, CA?

--------------------

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: On the Brink of Madness
    #2091269 - 11/11/03 01:40 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

guitarmon: I don't have to give any reasons or evidence... this is the 'Spirituality and Philosophy' forum, not the 'Science & Physics' forum. I am merely putting forth ideas and theorys for discussion.

If you're bent on the science and physics of it all, or merely trying to establish how clever you are ... then YOU prove me wrong ... smart guy. Use all the physics and science you want ... you still won't be able to do it. I beat you at your own silly game.

I'm not out to bash or ridicule you Swami, but if you're going to come on strong fronting me with weak science and physics rhetoric ... then you better back it up. I'm calling you on it. Prove me wrong.

Um... just go here, bro: Burden of Proof

--------------------
Note: In desperate need of a cure...

InvisibleXochitl
synchronicitycircuit
Loc: the brainforest
    #2091280 - 11/11/03 01:47 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

I consider the psychedelic/entheogenic experience to be a form of exploration of the collective unconscience; an expedition of the landscapes and tunnels and fields and deep seas of the mind-network that connects all sentient and dreaming creatures. The dream internet, if you will.

I have no emperical proof, nor do I know of any way to obtain anything of the kind in regards to these experiences. In my mind, evidence is irrevelent or nonexistent in this area. I suppose I am more interested in pragmatic models; the model of a mind-network that can be accessed via entheogens or meditation or extreme physical states has a positive effect in my life (and could also be positive for others). I peacefully follow that model despite the limitations of logic and science.

--------------------
As we know, there are known knowns. There are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns. That is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns, the ones we don't know we don't know.

-Donald Rumsfeld 2/2/02 Pentagon

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: On the Brink of Madness
Re: interdimensional/interstellar travel via psychedelics? [Re: Xochitl]
    #2091288 - 11/11/03 01:51 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Xochitl: In my mind, evidence is irrevelent in this area. I suppose I am more interested in pragmatic models

What better evidence is there than the practical application?
Maybe you meant to say something else.

--------------------
Note: In desperate need of a cure...

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#2091297 - 11/11/03 01:58 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

I have no emperical proof, nor do I know of any way to obtain anything of the kind in regards to these experiences. In my mind, evidence is irrevelent in this area.

Sorry for bringing to forefront the same line as sclorch, but...

Why is it on the forum, when one can give no apparent reason for a certain belief, that apathy ALWAYS accompanies this chasm-jump? Is this a weak attempt to preclude any discussion thereof?

"Bro, it doesn't matter how you respond. Didn't you read the line where I said "I don't care if..."

That would be fine is this were the "State Undisputed and Unsubstantiated Opinions Forum", but alas, it is not!

--------------------

InvisibleXochitl
synchronicitycircuit
Re: interdimensional/interstellar travel via psychedelics? [Re: Sclorch]
    #2091344 - 11/11/03 02:45 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

What better evidence is there than the practical application?
Maybe you meant to say something else

I suppose what I meant by emperical evidence is long-term case studies, EEG brain topography data, and other repeatable involvments of the scientific method. What I see is a peaceful worldview that helps me deal with the mystery of the universe; I do not have such data, nor am I particularly interested.

--------------------
As we know, there are known knowns. There are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns. That is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns, the ones we don't know we don't know.

InvisibleXochitl
synchronicitycircuit
    #2091346 - 11/11/03 02:48 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Why is it on the forum, when one can give no apparent reason for a certain belief, that apathy ALWAYS accompanies this chasm-jump? Is this a weak attempt to preclude any discussion thereof?

"Bro, it doesn't matter how you respond. Didn't you read the line where I said "I don't care if..."

That would be fine is this were the "State Undisputed and Unsubstantiated Opinions Forum", but alas, it is not!

Was this directed towards me? I do not fully grasp at what you are saying, nor do I think I engage in such apathy, from what I gather you are trying to say.

--------------------

Offlinenubious
1up on the rest

Loc: Canada
    #2091442 - 11/11/03 03:35 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

--------------------
No one knows the worth of innocence till he knows it is gone forever, and that money can't buy it back. Not the saint, but the sinner that repenteth, is he to whom the full length and breadth, and height and depth, of life's meaning is revealed. Good and evil loose all objective meaning and are seen as equally necessary and contrasting elements in the masterpiece that is the universe.

OfflineMixomatosis
great ape

Loc: cipherland
Re: interdimensional/interstellar travel via psychedelics? [Re: nubious]
    #2091500 - 11/11/03 04:11 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

thats the lamest website ive ever seen. If I wanna see a bunch of crazy shit, I'll walk on down the road to Mr. Schubacher's house. He is trying to build a perpetual-motion machine out of scrap metal and spare parts from old bicycles.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder