Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineLucifer
Novice
Loc: IN
NW Indiana ID, possible P. Caerulipes?
    #20811250 - 11/08/14 07:38 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Novice hunter, 1st possible active find. What interests me is the greenish gills, dark purple spore print, but no bluish bruising. warm rain past few days, cold today. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I do realize no claims of Caerulipes in NW Indiana, but the relativity of ohio seems hopeful. This was the closest genera i could think of if it is indeed active.

Habitat:
near edge of wooded area, growing on a stump (possibly oak?) in a mulched area of a landscaped yard in a suburb about 20ft from a not very-to-slight active street. some pedestrian activity. 25ft from house. mostly shaded and damp. rainy fall season, on and off warm/cold weather.

Gills:
Whitish brown gills with green haze, mostly adnate to sinuate I think. close to crowded. cheilocystidia.

Stem:
6-10mm diameter towards base, 1-4 inch in Length, greenish yellow fading to whitish brown. no real solid blue base, perhaps speckles of blue around mycelial mass, soft to hard texture. dry peeling annulus. some with fibrillose annular zone.

Cap:
1cm-4 inch in Diameter, most being 1.5-2 inches, dark brown fading to yellow brown in color, mostly dry but they seem old? mostly convex in shape with some leaning towards broadly umbonate. oldest one in bunch went very dark, plane in shape. hygrophanous.

Spore print color:
dark purple brown

Bruising:
no visible bruising immediately, or after 24 hours. no real bluish tone, sadly. slight blue speckle on some bases.

In the pictures below, the greenish tone can really only be seen on the stump in the lower left side. The blury spore print picture is the only one that truly captured the color. The detail of the print can be seen in other photos. Some are fresh picked today, some yesterday for the print. some still on bark.

Pictures:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblemaynardjameskeenan
The white stipes
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 'Merica
Trusted Identifier
Re: NW Indiana ID, possible P. Caerulipes? [Re: Lucifer]
    #20811280 - 11/08/14 07:45 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

I think they might be Hypholoma,  Psilocybe caerulipes is a North Eastern species I believe.

--------------------
May you be filled with loving kindness.
May you be well.
May you be peaceful and at ease.
May you be happy.

AMU Q&A

OfflineLucifer
Novice
Loc: IN
Re: NW Indiana ID, possible P. Caerulipes? [Re: maynardjameskeenan]
    #20811387 - 11/08/14 08:04 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Hypholoma seems like a very good candidate. The greenish is now making me think Hypholoma fasciculare :mad:

InvisibleRuralAnomaly
Sporadic
Male User Gallery

Loc: Spitzenkörper Ohio
Re: NW Indiana ID, possible P. Caerulipes? [Re: Lucifer]
    #20811479 - 11/08/14 08:23 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

maynard is spot on with the ID as usual, and i think you narrowed it down, but as to your original question, they've been spotted in northern ohio, so nw indiana isn't out of the realm of possibilities (i'd say)

keep looking and welcome to the forum

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck