Home | Community | Message Board

Myco Supply
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
 User Gallery

Loc: By The Lake
Sadam May Have Been Right.
    #2080648 - 11/07/03 12:41 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

So now we have controll and we say that peace in the middle east is what we want.

Sooo we will train people to run a democracy, we will be heros and forever remembered as the ones who opened schools to women, saved children from starvation and brought freedom to millions.

Iraq used to be a pretty safe place when Sadam was in charge. Sure people were shot and killed on sight for breaking the law and sometimes they would torture them while their families watched but HEY, it worked.

In a country where every house owned an AK-47 and just about every 5 year old knew how to strip and clean several guns blindfolded, they never had much crime.

Drugs were around but drug warlords werent, gangs were non existant, theft was unheard of and murder... PPppsssht.

Now in Iraq drugs are making a come back, warlords are on the rise, gangs are forming both in oposition to the US as well as for teritory and local power. Iraqis are once again killing Iraqis, carjackings are a daily thing in every city, theft and assaultare skyrocketing.

Maybe these are people who needed to be beaten into submission and maybe Sadam Knew that. Hell, its plain to see that things were MUCH safer for his people before we got involved.

FAMM.ORG          C8.com                    http://www.beatsopjefiets.com/   

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Loc: ATL
Re: Sadam May Have Been Right. [Re: GabbaDj]
    #2080654 - 11/07/03 12:44 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

At least now the murder that is happening is illegial. And also consider that Saddam let all the prisoners out before he was removed from power.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." - C.S. Lewis

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

wiffle bat.
Male User Gallery
Loc: Great Southern Land.
Re: Sadam May Have Been Right. [Re: z@z.com]
    #2082745 - 11/08/03 01:33 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Gab said"Sure people were shot and killed on sight for breaking the law"
This happens on a regular basis in western countries aswell.
how often do you here about the trigger happy cop who shot 'the offender' because his wallet looked like an AK47.

Coaster is an idiot...
[quote]Coaster said:
but i thnk everything thats pure is white?

Resident Cynic

Loc: Apt #6, The Village
Re: Sadam May Have Been Right. [Re: Hanky]
    #2082774 - 11/08/03 01:41 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

hanky said:
how often do you here about the trigger happy cop who shot 'the offender' because his wallet looked like an AK47.

But I did hear about New York cops interrogating a Haitian immigrant with a broom handle pushed up through his rectum... and some people wonder why I am against giving governments more power. Go figure...

To call humans 'rational beings' does injustice to the term, 'rational.'  Humans are capable of rational thought, but it is not their essence.  Humans are animals, beasts with complex brains.  Humans, more often than not, utilize their cerebrum to rationalize what their primal instincts, their preconceived notions, and their emotional desires have presented as goals - humans are rationalizing beings.

The Art of Casterbation
Male User Gallery

Re: Sadam May Have Been Right. [Re: GabbaDj]
    #2082793 - 11/08/03 01:46 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Your nutz. I know there was a lot of talk about this region needing a strong ruler to keep order but jees man. Maybe those people just need time to aclimate and start to learn how to take responsibility for themselvs. A transition like this is not going to be a smooth one.

Be all and you'll be to end all

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Political Discussion