Home | Community | Message Board

Gaiana.nl
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlined33p
Welcome to Violence

Loc: the shores of Tripoli
School Drug Raid
    #2080493 - 11/07/03 11:42 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Recently in i believe a south carolina school scores of cops raided a school as students were preparing to go to class. They forced all the kids down on the ground with guns drawn. They searched every backpack and handcuffed kids if they did not comply. And guess what they found? Jack shit.

Apparently the principle ordered this to happen to keep his school clean and nice. Since when is south carolina facist?

This happened not to long ago and i cant seem to find the story on the web so if you can find it post a link since the video of it is quite good.

--------------------
I'm a nihilist. Lets be friends.

bang bang

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlined33p
Welcome to Violence

Re: School Drug Raid [Re: d33p]
    #2080510 - 11/07/03 11:49 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Also one thing i found funny was how parents were very angry how cops were pointing their guns at innocent kids.

One cop tried to rationalize it by saying they were holding their guns at a low and ready position. The only problem is that when you have everyone get on the ground you will be pointing at them. Stupid pigs.

--------------------

bang bang

Offlinemonoamine
umask 077(nonefor you)

Loc: Jacksonville,FL
    #2080624 - 11/07/03 12:33 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

You know the deal,buddy: the constitution is null and void when dealing with drugs.

Quote:

Since when is south carolina facist?

Where have you been? The good ol' boy network doesn't look to kindly to dopers.

--------------------
People think that if you just say the word "hallucinations" it explains everything you want it to explain and eventually whatever it is you can't explain will just go away.It's just a word,it doesn't explain anything...
Douglas Adams

Invisiblez@z.com
Libertarian
Loc: ATL
    #2080626 - 11/07/03 12:35 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

The cops have come into our local schools and put everyone against the wall and searched their stuff before (no guns were drawn or even present). I was shocked when it happened because our local cops are generally pretty good guys (I've even smoked pot with a few of them) and we do not have any problems with drugs or violence (besides the standard juvenile stuff). I was disheartened when no one complained. I thought schools were for learning, but I guess not.

--------------------
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." - C.S. Lewis

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

Offlined33p
Welcome to Violence

Re: School Drug Raid [Re: z@z.com]
    #2080639 - 11/07/03 12:38 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

The private school i attended was very lax on drugs. Afterall they wouldnt want to lose any of their $15,000 for tuition. They just had a k-9 unit come in about once a month who would sniff backpacks in classes. But they would only come in on tuesdays or thursdays and once a month so it was pretty much a joke.

What happened in south carolina, now that is ludacris.

--------------------

bang bang

Invisiblez@z.com
Libertarian
    #2080659 - 11/07/03 12:46 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Um....there was never a check for drugs in the 12 years I was in school (well 15 if you count college). Not one dog came through and I was not searced even once. Come to think of it I don't think anyone was ever searched without doing something really stupid first. There is no reason for a drug dog to come in and disturb classes. We never had any problems.

--------------------
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." - C.S. Lewis

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

Offlined33p
Welcome to Violence

Re: School Drug Raid [Re: z@z.com]
    #2080674 - 11/07/03 12:51 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Well i went to a private school so they can basically do whatever the hell they want but didnt you just say in your previosu post your school was checked for drugs?

--------------------

bang bang

Invisiblez@z.com
Libertarian
    #2080677 - 11/07/03 12:52 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Sorry, I must clarify. That happened after I left the school.

--------------------

Anonymous

#2080684 - 11/07/03 12:56 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

they used to bring dogs in the school where i went and have them sniff around. they always found stuff.. that didn't keep 10% of the student body from coming in stoned every day though.

Offlined33p
Welcome to Violence

Re: School Drug Raid [Re: ]
    #2080711 - 11/07/03 01:06 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Well the dogs at my school would always bark at the cars in the parking lot infront of our school. probably due to kids hot boxing their cars before class.

--------------------

bang bang

InvisibleEvolving
Resident Cynic

Loc: Apt #6, The Village
    #2080848 - 11/07/03 01:54 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

This is why I say that 'public education' is a misnomer, the proper term is 'public indoctrination.' These kids are going to grow up being taught this kind of government behavior is commonplace, normal and perfectly acceptable. THAT is what public education is all about, making good little compliant citizens, real education is often given second tier status to 'socialization.' God forbid we should teach children use reason or to question.

--------------------
To call humans 'rational beings' does injustice to the term, 'rational.'  Humans are capable of rational thought, but it is not their essence.  Humans are animals, beasts with complex brains.  Humans, more often than not, utilize their cerebrum to rationalize what their primal instincts, their preconceived notions, and their emotional desires have presented as goals - humans are rationalizing beings.

Anonymous

Re: School Drug Raid [Re: Evolving]
    #2080964 - 11/07/03 02:32 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

indeed.

OfflineAzmodeus
Seeker

Loc: Lotus Land!! B.C.
Re: School Drug Raid [Re: Evolving]
    #2081154 - 11/07/03 03:34 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Definately conditioning rather than education. :thumbdown:

--------------------
"Know your Body - Know your Mind - Know your Substance - Know your Source.

Lest we forget. "

InvisibleDoctorJ
Stranger
 Arcade Champion: Frogger

Loc: space
Re: School Drug Raid [Re: Azmodeus]
    #2081167 - 11/07/03 03:38 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

This is why I say that 'public education' is a misnomer, the proper term is 'public indoctrination.' These kids are going to grow up being taught this kind of government behavior is commonplace, normal and perfectly acceptable. THAT is what public education is all about, making good little compliant citizens, real education is often given second tier status to 'socialization.' God forbid we should teach children use reason or to question.

well, there's something we agree on at least.

--------------------
peace, pot, and microdot!

InvisibleObserver
Stranger

#2081363 - 11/07/03 04:51 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2003/11/07/national/main582492.shtml

Gun-toting police burst into a South Carolina high school, ordering students to lie down in hall ways as they searched for drugs. The commando-style raid has parents questioning the wisdom of police tactics.

The raid occurred Wednesday at Stratford High School in Goose Creek, S.C. Surveillance video obtained by CBS Affiliate WCSC in Charleston shows the police waving their guns and searching lockers as students lie flat on their stomachs or sides.

The school's principal defends the dramatic sweep, caught on the school's surveillance tape. Police came into the school with guns at the ready, ordered all students to lie on the floor and then handcuffed anyone who apparently didn't comply quickly enough.

"We received reports from staff members and students that there was a lot of drug activity. Recently we busted a student for having over 300 plus prescription pills. The volume and the amount of marijuana coming into the school is unacceptable," said principal George McCrackin.

Police didn't find any criminals in the armed sweep, but they say K-9 dogs smelled drugs on a dozen backpacks. Goose Creek police and school administrators defend the draconian measures as necessary for crime prevention.

The parents of some students who were subjected to the sweep disagree.

"I was just upset knowing they had guns put to their head and a K9 was barking at them and about to bite somebody. It was awful," parent Latonia Simmons told WCSC.

The Post And Courier newspaper in Charleston reports the high school is one of the largest in the state with 2,760 students. It has an academic reputation as one of the Lowcountry's best.

The paper quoted Lt. Dave Aarons of the Goose Creek Police Department as saying that the suspected drug dealers appeared to be knowledgeable about where the school surveillance cameras were. He said he watched school surveillance tapes from four days that showed students congregating under cameras, periodically walking into a bathroom with different students and coming out moments later.

"They know where the cameras are. If they stand directly under them, the camera's don't look directly down,'' Aarons told the paper.

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
Re: School Drug Raid [Re: Observer]
    #2081415 - 11/07/03 05:14 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

--------------------

Anonymous

Re: School Drug Raid [Re: Observer]
    #2081473 - 11/07/03 05:44 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

i wonder what would have happened if someone had gotten shot.

InvisibleRandalFlagg
Stranger
    #2081652 - 11/07/03 06:52 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Holy Shit! I am for keeping drugs out of schools...but Jesus Christ.
That's draconian to say the least.

InvisibleEvolving
Resident Cynic

Loc: Apt #6, The Village
Re: School Drug Raid [Re: RandalFlagg]
    #2081763 - 11/07/03 07:25 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

It's okay, it's okay... it is FOR THE CHILDREN, it's okay.

--------------------
To call humans 'rational beings' does injustice to the term, 'rational.'  Humans are capable of rational thought, but it is not their essence.  Humans are animals, beasts with complex brains.  Humans, more often than not, utilize their cerebrum to rationalize what their primal instincts, their preconceived notions, and their emotional desires have presented as goals - humans are rationalizing beings.

Invisibleafoaf
CEO DBK?
 User Gallery

Loc: Ripple's Heart
    #2081771 - 11/07/03 07:30 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

won't somebody think of the children?!

--------------------
All I know is The Growery is a place where losers who get banned here go.

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Original Seeds Store Shop: Cannabis Seeds

General Interest >> Political Discussion