Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon Scales

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineraas
Stranger
Nausea on Shrooms always ruining trip
    #2080322 - 11/07/03 10:31 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

I've been taking shrooms recently, but can never get a good high in fear of puking!

1st time we took 30 liberty caps, and i was pretty ill. Didn't trip very hard at all. Second time, we upped it to 40 shrooms. We all felt very ill, and one of my mates puked.

Now... as the season is on the verge of closing, i would like to eat something like 100 to have an amazing trip... but i just know we'll vomit them back up again.

Can anyone explain why they make us so ill, and how to stop it? Thanks

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflinePNutButta
Stranger
Re: Nausea on Shrooms always ruining trip [Re: raas]
    #2080376 - 11/07/03 10:51 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Mushrooms are very fiberous and difficult for the stomache to digest. In addition, the skin of some mushrooms have "scales" that can increase irritation. It is suggested that you thourghly chew the mushrooms before swallowing to ease digestion. You could also make a tea to circumvent the need to actally ingest the mushroom bodies. Or, you could grind the mushrooms to a fine powder and ingest in gelcaps or mixed in a drink. The mushroom powder will usually be easier to digest.

There is also a possibility that you are allergic to the mushrooms, however, you would most likely get much more sick than just vomiting.

P. Nut Butta

InvisibleDreaMaTrix
Shaman I am

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Falling into place
    #2080600 - 11/07/03 12:28 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Make sure you fast for at least 4 hours before, this always helps.
Many people feel nausea from shrooms, just one of them things.

Good luck

--------------------

"We are the one's we have been waiting for" - Hopi saying

OfflineHarbinger
The Power of theRiff Compels Me

Loc: Far Away
Re: Nausea on Shrooms always ruining trip [Re: DreaMaTrix]
    #2080911 - 11/07/03 02:09 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

If you smoke weed it USUALLY gets rid of the nausea.....but sometimes its no use....if you're going to puke, you're going to puke.

--------------------
Click the pic to hear some songs I've recorded.

:rockon:

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: n. e. OH, USSA
Re: Nausea on Shrooms always ruining trip [Re: Harbinger]
    #2080932 - 11/07/03 02:17 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

make tea (or psillycider w/cinnamon spice)...
sip slowly over 1/2 hour or more...
chew some crystallized ginger root...

--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Loc: Pongyang, North Korea
Re: Nausea on Shrooms always ruining trip [Re: gnrm23]
    #2080958 - 11/07/03 02:27 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

mushroom tea is the answer, and use some ice blue raspberry koolaide mix, you cant even taste the mush!

--------------------
PEACE

:mushroom2:zippoz:mushroom2:

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

OfflineDogomush
Barbless Aryan

Loc: The Canadian west coast
Re: Nausea on Shrooms always ruining trip [Re: ZippoZ]
    #2081603 - 11/07/03 06:36 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

tea isn't always the answer. Weed is the only answer I've found, and not always. but you know what? I LIKE pot!

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #2081733 - 11/07/03 07:15 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Stay with the tea.
And as another quality member said, drink it slowly.

SECONDLY, your SPIRIT is vomitting out the psilocybes because you aren't making yourself compatable for the experience. Do what must be done in order to become compatable with the mushroom. Submission is a key. You may need to do them alone and use LESS than you are currently using for the time being. You may need to do yoga for the first 45 minutes of feeling the effects. You may need to be still and do nothing and say nothing. You should also avoid all other foods in the hours preceding your experience. Also, drink plenty of spring, bottled water available at the grocery store.

Do not be afraid to ask God for guidance.

Anonymous

Re: Nausea on Shrooms always ruining trip [Re: World Spirit]
    #2081757 - 11/07/03 07:22 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Maybe you just don't do well with lib caps? :sad:

Maybe try another species!  :smile2:

OfflinePsilocybeingzz
Male User Gallery

Loc: International waters
Re: Nausea on Shrooms always ruining trip [Re: ]
    #2081774 - 11/07/03 07:30 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

"Maybe you just don't do well with lib caps?"

Well if your other option is stunzi's , stick with libs.

anyway, swallow some ginger with a little water, smoke some cannabis and have some peppermint tea.....this is what I do with some drugs that make me kinda sick sometimes but nice and itchy:)

I never need this for shrooms , but its the 1 2 3 punch that kills the nausea.

good luck.

--------------------

OfflineSheepish
 User Gallery

Loc: Exile
    #2081796 - 11/07/03 07:38 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

You shouldn't fear puking! Sure, it's not very nice, but rest assured that puking doesn't always mean that the shrooms are wasted. If you can last 30-60mins after eating before puking, your body SHOULD have absorbed much of what you dosed with. 2 trips ago was one of my most powerful trips, and I puked an hour into the experience. It actually got more intense after I dispelled them into the toilet.
Here's a tip that might help (I personally tested it, as I was puking on pretty much every trip, and I wanted to be able to avoid that).
Buy either ginger pills, or some ginger beer (with real ginger pieces) and some papaya chewable pills. I found ginger beer works quite well, and it seems to rinse out most of the taste as you wash the shrooms down with it.
Now, sit down, eat a few shrooms at a time, and chew them up quite well. You can avoid the gag by chewing with your teeth only, and not letting them sit on your tongue. Eating smaller amounts makes this easier to do, and then you just take a mouthful of ginger beer and swallow it down. Then repeat.
Remember, it's no race, so if you're feeling unsettled, slow it down, and take a break for a minute. You can either eat the papaya pills before, or after. I do both, but don't go eating handfuls, just 2 pills. If you still feel sick later, eat maybe 2 more pills and find something to distract you.
The best position is to lay down, and focus on your breathing. I find that watching a movie or something while coming up helps take my mind off the nausea, instead of sitting there and focusing on the sickness.
Bear in mind, the ginger/papaya are NOT nausea cures, but it does seem to take the edge off the nausea. I still felt nausea, and nearly puked, but all it takes is a few minutes of breathing and relaxing before it's gone. Seems that once the nausea hits, I'm ready to run off to the bowl, but I really should just work my way through it, because it doesn't seem to last that long at all.
Also, the environment you're in can help a lot. I've found the more chaotic, noisy environments made the nausea a hell of a lot worse. What you need is a nice, semi quiet room, with some place comfortable to lie. After that, you can run around, crank music, or whatever.

Offlineraas
Stranger
Re: Nausea on Shrooms always ruining trip [Re: Sheepish]
    #2084140 - 11/08/03 03:48 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Thanks for the advice, fellas. Sheepish, nice technique for avoiding vommitting... but sometimes it's just inevitable.

I think PnutButta summed it up in the first post, generally either drink it in tea or grind into a smaller powder.

Nausea was a very unpleasant surprise with Lib. Caps, here's hoping the above techiniques reduce it. Thanks again.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon Scales

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience