Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineDogomush
Barbless Aryan

Loc: The Canadian west coast
Bubble hash making tips?
    #2077485 - 11/06/03 03:14 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Hey guys,

I'm familiar with the process, I'll be doing it in a blender or a pitcher or something, and I'm wondering if there are any little tips you'd like to pass along, or any aspect of the process you'd like to emphasize as important or whatever.

And the stuff that floats to the surface.. is it of any use?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePsilocybeingzz
Male User Gallery

Loc: International waters
Re: Bubble hash making tips? [Re: Dogomush]
    #2077724 - 11/06/03 04:45 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

COLD COLD COLD

hmmmmmmm
use bags and water
and enjoy the hash!!!!!

really there is nothing to it , if my goofy friends can makle it anyone can

--------------------

InvisibleStarter
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Australia
Re: Bubble hash making tips? [Re: Dogomush]
    #2078161 - 11/06/03 07:01 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

If I had the kb's I could demo with some pics.

Put an egg beater into an electric drill chuck and do the job in a bucket with ice & water for 10minutes, and then pour to a 220u bag, let it site for 30 minutes. Collect with 25u. That's "average grade".

If you want the best, don't mix for so long and use the varied grades of bag and collect only the 73u & 25u.

--------------------
Convert Metric and Imperial.

Offlineangryjslice
now with 20%more anger
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Bubble hash making tips? [Re: Starter]
    #2078217 - 11/06/03 07:16 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

what is bubble hash in comparison to regular hash? never heard of such concoctions, but i like bubbles, and i like hash...so this sounds good.

~JSlice~

--------------------

OfflinePsilocybeingzz
Male User Gallery

Re: Bubble hash making tips? [Re: angryjslice]
    #2078297 - 11/06/03 07:39 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

www.bubblebags.com

bubble hash is because it bubbles, and this company was the first IMO to get way popular

but I call it ICE hash or water hash
cause thats what it is

its THE BEST HASH
cause it REAL HASH
chemical hash is just SHIT people make
HASH is
HASH!

--------------------

Edited by Psilocybeingzz (11/06/03 07:41 PM)

InvisibleThe One
Mr Shroom
Male User Gallery

Loc: UK
Re: Bubble hash making tips? [Re: Psilocybeingzz]
    #2078538 - 11/06/03 08:41 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

1: Put you bud/leaves in a bag then in the freezer for 1 hour this will make the trichomes drop off allot easier.

2: Make the water as cold as possible put loads of crushed ice or ice cubes in the water.

3: Only mix for 15 minutes don?t go over that time limit or you will end up with a green sludge as your bubble.

4 only leave it to stand after the mixing for a maximum of 30 minutes for the same reason as above.

5 once you have your first batch of bubble run it through the bags again then again get the most you can out of it.

This stuff takes a while to make but its strong stuff. What kit did you get? I have the 1 gallon 6 bag kit.

--------------------

Trade List

OfflinePsilocybeingzz
Male User Gallery

Re: Bubble hash making tips? [Re: The One]
    #2078802 - 11/06/03 09:45 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

MY favorite!!!! MMMMM

I cant wait to get a bag!

I remember one of my friends had one for awhile , he was making money left and right(he didnt even try to!)

dealers he knew were like make me some hash , and I will give you money and shake!

he made 150$(so did his other buddy) off bud he picked out, sold that to someone , then made the hash, sold a bit of that and had more then he could smoke!!

all in all
a GREAT investment

--------------------

Offlineiamhimheisme
jesus christ

Loc: where i dont want to be
Re: Bubble hash making tips? [Re: The One]
    #2079707 - 11/07/03 02:58 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Loaded said:
1: Put you bud/leaves in a bag then in the freezer for 1 hour this will make the trichomes drop off allot easier.

i'd be afraid of losing some trichs in a bag, or is it not something worth worrying about?  i dunno what id do instead of use a bag though...kind of a useless question :smirk:

on another note, how much do these bubblebags cost? or where could i get some pressing screens with varying filtration sizes?  also, anyone know about how much hash you get with say an oz or so of clippings?

thanks in advance 

InvisibleStarter
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Bubble hash making tips? [Re: iamhimheisme]
    #2079794 - 11/07/03 03:21 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

bubble bags cost a bomb, but if you run an lb of trimmings through it, you'll get back what you paid. They're also well made, by seamstress people I suspect as they're also over-locked with gussets too...professional made. Built to last.

If you can't afford them and you know what you're doing on a sewing machine, then DIY bags will work just as well. You will need to get (for a modest 3 bag set) 220u, 73u or 60u & 25u screens as off cuts from the print shop. They don't talk in microns btw, they speak in threads per inch and I can't recall what TPI was to micron, so ask them. You will also need wall material, a water proof nylon and sew it with black nylon or a colour that can be seen against the wall material and the sceens. It's not easy to sew. You can only make one pass, as extra holes = leaks. It gets very fiddly too with the 25u as it is slippery, esp. as you close the cylinder of wall material to the base of print screen. All up, you must make a pattern based on a 20lt bucket. So do so with butchers paper or newspaper, then cut to size and sew. If you can overlock gussets, you'd wanna be good and you'll need an over-locker function on the sewing machine = expensive rig. :smirk:

How much hash will an oz make, fuck all. Basically, an ounce of hash is typical from an lb of trimmings.

--------------------

Offlineiamhimheisme
jesus christ

Loc: where i dont want to be
    #2079921 - 11/07/03 04:25 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

proportions are all fucked up, i did this in about 5 seconds in mspaint, give me a break.

would something like this work? its a sturdy metal frame that would fit tightly into a bucket. the top screen would be slightly below the top of the bucket and the top ring would be protruding as something to stand the bucket on. the bottom ring is to just give the plant matter some room to breathe. the screens (grey) would range from some high micron level at the bottom to some low micron level at the bottom. shrug, just an idea, might be kind of hard to actually make.

InvisibleStarter
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Bubble hash making tips? [Re: iamhimheisme]
    #2080123 - 11/07/03 06:25 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

How would you break this thing apart to collect the various grades? Furthermore, the 1st screen would clog up first go and prevent further extractions, unless as asked, how do you pull it apart?

In fact, the suggested use of bubble bags with all the bags as layers inside one another in a bucket fails, tried it and it doesn't work. You need to do each bag seperate by pouring from each bag-filtered-bucket to the next.

So, if your solid material i.e. metal or plastic cylinder or even a frame holding wall materials with screens were to work, it would need to come apart as sections, at risk of repeating. But the problem there will be is the drum like skins (screens) of each compartment, as it's better to collect wet hash off a loose screen that can be folded inside out and then scraped off to a clean dinner plate with a dull edged spoon. If it were dry sieve, then you want a tight skin (screen).

--------------------

OfflineOook
Oook!

Loc: England
    #2080305 - 11/07/03 08:22 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Is ice hash worth bothering with unless you have a large amount of gear to make it from? I know ice hash is damn strong but you wouldnt get much from say an 8th or a quart.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies