Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineScarfmeister
Thrill Seeker
Loc: The will to power
We are alone.
    #2077635 - 11/06/03 04:18 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

I have come to the realization that we are all alone in this universe. We are the product of a series of freak occurrences and we are left here hurdling though space with only the grandeur of our dreams to comfort us.
Doomed to live out our lives alone as the only sentient beings in the universe. We are desperately searching for some kind of truth, a purpose but alas there is none. In millions of years form now there will be no trace of us ever existing. All our dreams washed away by the fabric of space until there is nothing. In the grand scheme of things we are merely be a speck of dust blowing in the wind.

All those memories, lost.

--------------------
--------------------
We're the lowest of the low, the scum of the fucking earth!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: We are alone. [Re: Scarfmeister]
    #2077639 - 11/06/03 04:19 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Us as the only sentient beings in the Universe? You are utterly insane. :grin:
Peace.

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

OfflineSpecialEd
+ one

Loc: : Gringo
Re: We are alone. [Re: fireworks_god]
    #2077647 - 11/06/03 04:24 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

"I have come to the realization that we are all alone in this universe. We are the product of a series of freak occurrences and we are left here hurdling though space with only the grandeur of our dreams to comfort us.
Doomed to live out our lives alone as the only sentient beings in the universe. We are desperately searching for some kind of truth, a purpose but alas there is none. In millions of years form now there will be no trace of us ever existing. All our dreams washed away by the fabric of space until there is nothing. In the grand scheme of things we are merely be a speck of dust blowing in the wind."

Thank you for sharing your opinion

"Us as the only sentient beings in the Universe? You are utterly insane."

Thank you for sharing your opinion

--------------------
"Plus one upvote +1..."
--- //
-- :meff:
  /l_l\/
--\-/----

OfflineKremlin
life in E minor
Male User Gallery

Loc: /export/home/Kremlin
Re: We are alone. [Re: SpecialEd]
    #2077656 - 11/06/03 04:26 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

If you believe this, then your only option is to make this life count, have all the fun you can, and dont look back on anything you do. Who cares if no one remembers us? Do we really need that ego-boost of self-importance? Grow from our nature and develop yourself into the person you want to be, regardless of what may happen thousands of years from now.

Revel in what our mistake existence has accomplished, live, love, and learn...because what the hell else are you going to do with your time...?

--Kremlin

--------------------
"Human suffering has been caused because all too many of us cannot grasp that words are only tools for our use, and that the mere presence of a word in the dictionary does not mean it necessarily refers to something definitive in the real world"
--Richard Dawkins, "The Selfish Gene"

"It is the mind which creates the world about us, and even though we stand side by side in the same meadow, my eyes will never see what is beheld by yours."
-George Gissing

"Without a firm idea of himself and the purpose of his life, man cannot live, and would sooner destroy himself than remain on earth, even if he was surrounded by bread."
--Fyodor Dostoevsky

OfflineMAIA
World-BridgerKartikeya (DftS)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Erra - 20 Tauri - M45 Sta...
Re: We are alone. [Re: Kremlin]
    #2078099 - 11/06/03 06:32 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

A debate is made with opinions. Faith is also made with opinions ....
I guess that's what is mostly discussed over here, opinions.

MAIA

--------------------
Spiritual being, living a human experience ... The Shroomery Mandala

Use, do not abuse; neither abstinence nor excess ever renders man happy.
Voltaire

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
    #2078106 - 11/06/03 06:35 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

The universe must be the biggest waste of space in all of existance and creation if we are the only sentient intelligent species in it.

--------------------

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
    #2078110 - 11/06/03 06:39 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

You really think the Earth is so special that's the only planet capable of sustaining life? Do you realize how vast our universe is? Do realize how many stars are out there, and of those, how many solar systems? Do you really think there's no other planets in this universe that have liquid water and an atmosphere(basically the only two ingredients necessary to sustain life on a planet)?

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

OfflineDavid_Scape
Anti Genius
Male

Loc: U.S. of muthafuckin A.
    #2078145 - 11/06/03 06:51 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Aww come on, you know better than that. You are just being negative....right?

The way i figure it, if relatively convenient interstellar travel is possible, aliens have probably already been here. If it is'nt then they probably never will be.

--------------------
focusing
Flow
The Enneagram

OfflineMAIA
World-BridgerKartikeya (DftS)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Erra - 20 Tauri - M45 Sta...
    #2078146 - 11/06/03 06:52 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

In the grand scheme of things we are merely be a speck of dust blowing in the wind.

But we could be united and make a solid stone block. I think the issue is not the size, not the number but the fact we can mean something important as a whole.

MAIA

--------------------
Spiritual being, living a human experience ... The Shroomery Mandala

Use, do not abuse; neither abstinence nor excess ever renders man happy.
Voltaire

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Re: We are alone. [Re: MAIA]
    #2078288 - 11/06/03 07:36 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

I am working on a new masterpiece.. alien/human relations volume 2 :laugh:
Expect it later tonight, or perhaps tommorow. 

--------------------

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Re: We are alone. [Re: Shroomism]
    #2078290 - 11/06/03 07:37 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Shroomism, just wondering: How do you manage to communicate with aliens? Did you find them or did they find you?

--------------------

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Re: We are alone. [Re: silversoul7]
    #2078366 - 11/06/03 08:00 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Both.. I can't go into too great detail right now, as I'm writing.. but you can ask all the detailed questions you like when I make the thread.

--------------------

OfflineSpokesman
The HighPhilosopher

Loc: New Jersey U.S.
    #2078740 - 11/06/03 09:32 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Beliving that we are alone in the universe is like beliving you are the only one who wears pants in Earth. Yeah, a huge explosions occurs, all these particles and dust get blasted off, and only one of these particles of dust was the exact distance of a spark to grow organic and concious matter for a short time. The thought of it is just the most ego-driven of ignorances. Now you can call UFO witnesses wackos if u want. You can claim that we will NEVER meet exraterestial intelegence. You can even claim that you dont exist. But the universe is insanely huge, we are just floating around on a little rock that is currently the right distance of a heat source. Out of ALL the rocks and suns that are out in this INMENSE explosion atleats aciouple billion had to have had the chemical chances we had to suport life, maybe to suport it in inimaginable ways for our current awareness level to comprehend.

--------------------

InvisibleAnnapurna1
liberal pussy
Female User Gallery
Loc: innsmouth..MA
Re: We are alone. [Re: silversoul7]
    #2078933 - 11/06/03 10:34 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

silversoul7 said:
You really think the Earth is so special that's the only planet capable of sustaining life? Do you realize how vast our universe is? Do realize how many stars are out there, and of those, how many solar systems? Do you really think there's no other planets in this universe that have liquid water and an atmosphere(basically the only two ingredients necessary to sustain life on a planet)?

Actually, its not that easy for a planet to sustain life similar to ours. Its easy to have a planet with the right composition and distance from its sun, but you also need to have large outer planets in just the right place to stabilize the planetary system so that all the planets dont crash into each other or go flying off into space. You also need a moon in the right orbit so that your planet spins on one axis instead of three.

Given all the constraints, the number of such planets becomes tiny and its much more difficult for any intelligent life on these planets to contact each other.

--------------------

"anchor blocks counteract the process of pontiprobation..while omalean globes regulize the pressure"...

Edited by Annapurna1 (11/06/03 11:08 PM)

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Re: We are alone. [Re: Annapurna1]
    #2079027 - 11/06/03 11:01 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Spokesman.. I agree completely.. see my new thread.

Anna..Anna...Anna... who said life has to be similar to ours? Water based planets are common throughout the universe, and water-based doesn't even necessitate life. We just haven't discovered non water based life outside our own planet. That doesn't say much, seeing as to how we haven't even left our own solar system. The universe contains billions of galaxies, that we can see... we haven't even left our solar system. Life is more common than it isn't.

Given those non-constraints, travelling in the 3rd density with fossil fuel powered ships is not going to get us very far. yeah, it would be difficult for us to travel very far, because we are doing it the stupidest way possible. Think outside the box. We are in the infant/newborn baby stages of space exploration..to say that travel across the galaxy would be difficult, at this point, is like people saying 150 years ago that human flight is impossible.

--------------------

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

#2079061 - 11/06/03 11:12 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

After my 5-gram trip, I came to the conclusion that the universe itself is alive.

--------------------

InvisibleAnnapurna1
liberal pussy
Female User Gallery
Loc: innsmouth..MA
    #2079077 - 11/06/03 11:18 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Given those non-constraints, travelling in the 3rd density with fossil fuel powered ships is not going to get us very far. yeah, it would be difficult for us to travel very far, because we are doing it the stupidest way possible. Think outside the box. We are in the infant/newborn baby stages of space exploration..to say that travel across the galaxy would be difficult, at this point, is like people saying 150 years ago that human flight is impossible.

First of all, human flight had already been a reality even more than 150 years ago, with baloons. Second of all, i doubt that you could compare the technical challenges of building an airplane with trying to go faster than the speed of light. If this were really possible, than we should have by now had some kind of direct proof that aliens really exist. I believe that they exist, but that the laws of physics might very well preclude them from ever meeting us. Dont forget: Star Trek isnt the real galaxy...

--------------------

"anchor blocks counteract the process of pontiprobation..while omalean globes regulize the pressure"...

Edited by Annapurna1 (11/06/03 11:29 PM)

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Re: We are alone. [Re: Annapurna1]
    #2079107 - 11/06/03 11:32 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

The laws of physics state that with the aerodynamics of bumblebees, they are technically incapable of flight.

Obviously, it's not perfect
Until we master the universe, I would not put all my faith in the "laws" of physics. They are still theories, most of them. Besides that, how are you so sure that physics operates the same consistently throughout the universe, or the galaxy for that matter? I see no evidence of us testing these "laws" anywhere else.

Going faster than the speed of light is a simple matter of entering hyperspace while simultaneously converting coarse-matter into fine-matter. I never watch Star Trek.

Why should we have direct proof of alien contact? You think that intelligent sentient life forms that had mastered interplanetary travel would want to make open contact with a civilization of heathens that wage war for fossil fuels, green paper, and power... couldn't even get along with each other, are stupid enough to play with nuclear weapons, and massacre innocents in the name of God? No. They are a lot smarter than that. No self-respecting alien would be caught dead associating with beings wading in pools of ignorance, arrogance, and self-righteousness like that. Open contact would be the dumbest move they could possibly make.

How are you so sure that I'm not an alien?

--------------------

OfflineDoctorJ
Male

Loc: space
    #2079204 - 11/07/03 12:02 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

We are the product of a series of freak occurrences

What most people consider "freak occurences" are actually quite normal.

Being a man of no principles, I will not rule out the possibility that we are the only sentient life in the universe. But lets just say I would be extremely surprised if that were the case.

Life is the greatest SNAFU

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Re: We are alone. [Re: DoctorJ]
    #2079316 - 11/07/03 12:32 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

yeah I'd like to know exactly what freak occurences? Like the nucleosynthesis that creates stars that happens all the time? Or is it the cycle of nature that is endlessly creating new forms of life? I'm stumped.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies