Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Loc: Pongyang, North Korea
1 AM and the damn sleeping pills just arent working
    #20782305 - 11/02/14 12:30 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

So, im a chronic insomniac. Given no schedule, and no sedatives... my sleep schedule will invert, ill be awake all night, and sleep all day. Now this is a problem, because you cant work, and you cant hang out with normal people.  So to remedy this particular aspect, I have a ARMY of sleeping pills and sedatives.

On any given day, i have about a months supply of xanax, ambien, dipenhydramine, melatonin, and L-thenanaline, and and usually a bottle of bourbon. And yes, some of those compounds may be spelled wrong, it happens.

so tonight, im using the xanax. It seems to work the best, but I cant use it all the time, because i dont want a crazy tolerance/addiction. I usually top out at around a quarter milligram, although some times i have to up it to a half. sometimes you throw some gasoline on the fire to get it going (booze)

I really am not a fan of drugging myself to sleep almost every night, but god damn.... I gotta do something to get to sleep.

So, is anyone else out there similarly afflicted? Awake untill the early early morning hours? Seeing the sunrise with a feeling of contempt that both you and It are awake at the same time?

--------------------
PEACE

:mushroom2:zippoz:mushroom2:

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinespore baby
Male

Re: 1 AM and the damn sleeping pills just arent working [Re: ZippoZ]
    #20782317 - 11/02/14 12:35 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Edited by spore baby (12/14/14 03:33 AM)

OfflineAcaterpillar
A little mad...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Down the rabbit hole
    #20782321 - 11/02/14 12:36 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

It usually depends on if I open my laptop when I get home.
Or if I ever even left my house that day in the first place.

--------------------
Aaa...E I O Uuu...A E I O Uuu..A E I O uh Uuu..
*Cough* *Cough*
Ooo...U E I O Aaa...U E I Aaa..A E I O Uuuuu...

At first sight, The Perfection of Wisdom is bewildering, full of paradox and apparent irrationality.

Offlineteamkiller
ghetto drama whore
 User Gallery

Re: 1 AM and the damn sleeping pills just arent working [Re: Acaterpillar]
    #20782347 - 11/02/14 12:43 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

i don't have a problem sleeping, but i have no sleep schedule.  like left to myself, none.  like "yesterday" i stayed awake for 40 hours then slept for 5, then stayed awake for 8 hours then slept for five. 
Most of the time i got to bed between 2am-7am and wake up 10am-noon, the previous two weeks i had been going to bed at 8pm and waking up 3-4am every single day.

its chaos.

edit: the only thing is i can't ever force myself to go to sleep, and i'm incapable of naps 98% of the time.  I'm a heavy sleeper but stupid things wake me up and i can very rarely fall back asleep within a couple hours of waking.

--------------------

OfflineShroomslip
Architekt
I'm a teapot User Gallery

#20782372 - 11/02/14 12:56 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

My natural clock runs on something like a 26 (not significant but enough to throw everything to chaos) hour schedule. Most people have no problem going to sleep and waking up at the same time more or less everyday.. I find it almost impossible. If I just let things go normally, my sleeping will constantly shift. I'll go to bed later and later every night.

I have to heavily tranquilize myself to go to sleep when I need to, to work. I have to even when I don't have to work because if I just let things go, then I'll end up staying up all night and sleeping all day, then all the pills and booze in the world won't put me to sleep that night.

I've dealt with insomnia my whole life and it really sucks. I don't know if I was born with it or if it was my grandmother who induced it, but she's had me on sleeping pills since I was 5 (at least). Before I got on ambien I was taking 400mg of diph. a night. A long with valerian, melatonin and booze... And if I wasn't trying to be clean, all the weed I could smoke.

The worst years were around 13-16.. I was always pulling 36+ hour days just because I couldn't sleep. I've stayed up for dayS in a row (no uppers or anything) simply because I never got sleepy. Tired, yes.. But being tired and sleepy are two different things. I can lay in bed for hours and hours when I'm 'tired' and sleep will never come. When I'm sleepy, it takes me about an hour to finally go out.

Also once I wake up, regardless of how much sleep I've gotten, I'm up for 'the day'. Going back to sleep is impossible. And I don't even know what a 'nap' is.. I don't get how people can go to sleep for a couple of hours and wake up feeling great and rested.. I just feel like I got woke up after an hour of sleep after spending the last 20 hours awake. In other words.. Death.

And you're lucky if all you need to put you out is .5mg of xanax and some alcohol. That wouldn't do shit for me. I'd need a lot of booze and 2mg, even then I take my ambien on top of it. Weed too, if I got it.

--------------------
With my face against the floor I can’t see who knocked me out of the way.
I don’t want to get back up but I have to so it might as well be today.
Nothing appeals to me no one feels like me, I’m too busy being calm to disappear.
I’m in no shape to be alone contrary to the shit that you might hear.

You can't wake up, this is not a dream. You're part of a machine, you are not a human being
With your face all made up, living on a screen. Low on self esteem, so you run on gasoline

Edited by Shroomslip (11/02/14 01:03 AM)

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Loc: Pongyang, North Korea
Re: 1 AM and the damn sleeping pills just arent working [Re: Shroomslip]
    #20782391 - 11/02/14 01:11 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Shroomslip said:

I have to heavily tranquilize myself to go to sleep when I need to, to work. I have to even when I don't have to work because if I just let things go, then I'll end up staying up all night and sleeping all day, then all the pills and booze in the world won't put me to sleep that night.

I can lay in bed for hours and hours when I'm 'tired' and sleep will never come. When I'm sleepy, it takes me about an hour to finally go out.

Also once I wake up, regardless of how much sleep I've gotten, I'm up for 'the day'. Going back to sleep is impossible. And I don't even know what a 'nap' is.. I don't get how people can go to sleep for a couple of hours and wake up feeling great and rested.. I just feel like I got woke up after an hour of sleep after spending the last 20 hours awake. In other words.. Death.

And you're lucky if all you need to put you out is .5mg of xanax and some alcohol. That wouldn't do shit for me. I'd need a lot of booze and 2mg, even then I take my ambien on top of it. Weed too, if I got it.

Wow, ok, so I have to completely agree with what you're saying here. Yeah, a nap? What the hell is that... i can occasionally, with great effort drug myself to sleep mid day, but thats about it. I feel like its an addrenaline sort of thing, or a thyroid thing.... something is just kicking neurotransmitters into the blood that makes it impossible to sleep.

I also find that I am a very hyper active person, diagnosed add, adhd etc.

As for the sleep aides, I go heavy on the booze, and try and stay away from the drugs. I know that all of them are strong GABA manipulators, and that they are all tickling the same receptors, but i try and switch them up when I Can to try not to get in a situation where I would ever come across a withdrawal should i be separated from my stash of meds.

Lately, ive been using this natural mexican sleep aid quite often, Tequila.....

--------------------
PEACE

:mushroom2:zippoz:mushroom2:

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

OfflineBitter Cactus
reformed bad boy
 User Gallery

Loc: Alberta, Canada
Re: 1 AM and the damn sleeping pills just arent working [Re: Shroomslip]
    #20782393 - 11/02/14 01:12 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

GHB is the best sleep aid and gives you a natural sleep.

I was prescribed seroquil and took 50mg every night for two weeks. It worked a lot better then benzos for a quick sleep and I would be out in ten minutes. Might wanna try that.

--------------------
Taking acid and thinking you are a better man is a lot different then actually becoming a better man.

OfflineShroomslip
Architekt
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Re: 1 AM and the damn sleeping pills just arent working [Re: Bitter Cactus]
    #20782437 - 11/02/14 01:31 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

I think insomnia is one of the worst 'diseases' to have.. It's so much more than just not getting to sleep.. It drives you insane and if you have a schedule to maintain it puts so much stress on you which only makes things worse. Watching the hours count down until you're supposed to be getting up to get ready for work is damn near infuriating.

Every single night I have to stress out about my sleep. If I take my pills too early, they won't work, I take them too late, and then I don't have time to take my back up medicines without sacrificing a very valuable hour or two of sleep I needed. Can't just 'cover all the bases' because then I'd become dependent on the full out assault of sleeping pills to sleep and when that didn't work I'd be totally screwed.

I take my pills and sit here wondering every night "is this going to be that day?" Are they going to work like they should, am I going to be able to drag myself to bed when I think they're working? Am I going to miss my window of opportunity waiting for "the full effect"?.

I refuse to go to bed before I feel I'm ready to sleep because laying there trying to sleep and then not being able to only pisses me off and gets me worked up, which is highly counterproductive.

It's all a delicate balance, and it's always stressful. I'm doing good at the moment. Nothing's perfect but things are a lot better than when I was a teen.

Although there's a new problem on the horizon for me. My doctor wants me to half my doses of my pills. I can't be honest with him and tell him "they only work with copious amounts of alcohol" because he'll take me off them completely, but there's no way in hell halving my dose will work. The full dose barely works and not even all the time. I'd be telling him to up it if it weren't for the fact that I'm already maxed out.

--------------------
With my face against the floor I can’t see who knocked me out of the way.
I don’t want to get back up but I have to so it might as well be today.
Nothing appeals to me no one feels like me, I’m too busy being calm to disappear.
I’m in no shape to be alone contrary to the shit that you might hear.

You can't wake up, this is not a dream. You're part of a machine, you are not a human being
With your face all made up, living on a screen. Low on self esteem, so you run on gasoline

OfflineSoulidarity
With Your Halo Slippin . . .
 User Gallery

Loc: Atlantis Flag
Re: 1 AM and the damn sleeping pills just arent working [Re: Bitter Cactus]
    #20782441 - 11/02/14 01:31 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Seroquel is bad juju and should be avoided. That's anti psychotic meds.

--------------------

R.I.P. WoodRuss67, Todcasil, TheMerryIguana, The Rompus, Lord Senate.
[/url]

Offlinemy3rdeye
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
    #20782740 - 11/02/14 04:15 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

ZippoZ said:
So, im a chronic insomniac. Given no schedule, and no sedatives... my sleep schedule will invert, ill be awake all night, and sleep all day. Now this is a problem, because you cant work, and you cant hang out with normal people.

I want to be offended as a night shift worker but it's true. Anyone that wants to meet up with me for a beer when I get off work at 8 am is an alcoholic.

OfflinePureless
Crushed it

Loc: Blueridge
    #20782761 - 11/02/14 04:42 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

I use Sonata (Zaleplon) and weed for my insomnia. I still can't sleep sometimes, but 4/5 nights I get good rest. Ambien did nothing for me, Xanax makes me want to do stuff other than sleep.

Invisiblevinsue
Grand Old Fart
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Garden State(NJ) Flag
Re: 1 AM and the damn sleeping pills just arent working [Re: my3rdeye]
    #20782894 - 11/02/14 06:43 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Back when I worked swing shift, I'd roll into a bar at 7:30 ready to pound a few.
Usually the only ones there were the 'breakfast club', a few old timers having shots and beers with toast and an egg or something,
and a few 'rough' types who looked like they 'forgot' to sleep that night.

My sleep patterns are pretty normal these days,
though in the past, I depended heavily on alcohol to sleep.

:goodnight: . . . :peace:

--------------------

"All mushrooms are edible; but some only once." Croatian proverb. BTW ...
  Have You Rated Ythans Mom Yet ?? ... :taser:  ... HERE'S HOW ... (be nice) .  :mod: ... :peace:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom