Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinemyzaree
sleepy.
Female

P. cubensis (Cambodian), post-birthing SGFC method w/pics **11/12 new pics and B +!
    #20776044 - 10/31/14 07:01 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

This is my first grow, I just wanted to get people's opinion/comments/critiques on how this looks? Does it look "normal"? RH 98-99%(ETA: Temp steady at about 73-75 F), 2 days post birthing. They were gently dunked for 24 hrs and then rolled in vermiculite. I mist and fan when they don't have that dewy look about them. I don't think there are any visible pinsets yet, other than the obvious one that pinned in-vitro. I wasn't worried about the in-vitro pin, it seems normal for the Cambodians, as their mycelium looked and behaved VERY differently from the B+ that is still finishing up colonization(inoculated same time). Super aggressive! And a ton of metabolites where the B+ has none. They smell clean & good. I was wondering if I should get rid of the one that is trying to grow, or leave it? Will it hinder the other ones?

Lmk what you think. Any advice is appreciated

--------------------

“A man, though wise, should never be ashamed of learning more, and must unbend his mind.”

Edited by myzaree (11/12/14 04:33 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblewowimflabbergasted
supercalifragilistic
 User Gallery

Re: P. cubensis (Cambodian), 2 days post-birthing SGFC method [Re: myzaree]
    #20776128 - 10/31/14 07:43 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Cool nice job!

Don't get rid of the mushroom growing, why would you do that? :confused:

Other than that, everything sounds good. Give it a few days and I bet you'll see a lot more pins, 2 days isn't enough time for much to grow yet.
I'll be watching:popcorn:

--------------------
TempMail | TempPMs
My Guide | MJ Grows

Offlinemyzaree
sleepy.
Female

Re: P. cubensis (Cambodian), 2 days post-birthing SGFC method [Re: wowimflabbergasted]
    #20776149 - 10/31/14 07:53 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

I just figured that particular mushroom would be done far before the other ones would be, and I thought that cakes were supposed to be harvested all at the same time? Sorry if I sound ignorant. Thanks for repsonding! I'll update w/ pics when there are visible changes.

--------------------

“A man, though wise, should never be ashamed of learning more, and must unbend his mind.”

supercalifragilistic
 User Gallery

#20776154 - 10/31/14 07:55 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Nah man don't apologize. You want to pick them as they mature, ideally right before the veil breaks and especially before they drop spores everywhere. Sometimes they can all be done at the same time, but with MS it's unlikely.

--------------------
TempMail | TempPMs
My Guide | MJ Grows

Offlinemyzaree
sleepy.
Female

Re: P. cubensis (Cambodian), 2 days post-birthing SGFC method [Re: wowimflabbergasted]
    #20776178 - 10/31/14 08:06 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Gotcha. I remember reading here on the forum that there can be a problem with mold or something if they're picked at different times. But I guess I really shouldn't worry about that yet. The environment is clean and thus far everything's been healthy. Is that mushroom considered an abort, or is it too early to tell?

--------------------

supercalifragilistic
 User Gallery

#20776247 - 10/31/14 08:37 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

That mushroom is still growing.

--------------------
TempMail | TempPMs
My Guide | MJ Grows

InvisibleMescalitoe
Psychonaut
Male

Loc: California!
    #20777072 - 10/31/14 12:57 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

It's all looking good bro, I don't have that much experience since I'm in the midst of my first grow as well but I don't think you should pick that shroom. I had a cake that pinned way before the others and it ended up being a pretty huge mushroom.

Offlinemyzaree
sleepy.
Female

Re: P. cubensis (Cambodian), 2 days post-birthing SGFC method [Re: Mescalitoe]
    #20779783 - 11/01/14 09:46 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Uh... Imagine my surprise when I come home from working the night shift to find this mess. Is this bruising? It APPEARS to be part of the mycelium, not sandy or fluffy like trich. Another reason why I don't think this is a contam is that ALL of the cakes have it, right where the water would fall on them from being sprayed? It's pretty uniform. The case still has a very good mushroom smell.
Can anyone tell me
A. Is this bruising? Since this is my first grow, I'm unaware what that really looks like.
B. Why is the one mushy that is trying to grow looking so weird? Fat stem, smaller cap.

--------------------

OfflineGoldberg
Stranger
 User Gallery

#20779813 - 11/01/14 09:57 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Looks like bruising, that coarse Verm sucks ass
Dunk and roll in fine Verm next time if you can
I'm pretty sure your cakes are just bruising from drying out but it could be trich make sure it doesn't turn green

Offlinemyzaree
sleepy.
Female

Re: P. cubensis (Cambodian), 2 days post-birthing SGFC method [Re: Goldberg]
    #20779830 - 11/01/14 10:03 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Agreed. Would it benefit me at all to crush the verm in a bag and redunk/roll? I don't care if it suspends or makes things take longer, just want them to be healthy.

eta; I have five more cakes being birthed this week. So I should definitely crush this verm up finer and roll in that?

--------------------

Edited by myzaree (11/01/14 10:05 AM)

InvisibleNativenglish
Novice
 User Gallery

#20779858 - 11/01/14 10:17 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Just a thought...

I am researching Cambos also, and if that was my grow, I would think very seriously about getting a piece of that one fruit on agar. It has a bunch of really nice characteristics, not the least of which is fruiting speed.

I am new as well, and I haven't gotten one damned thing to grow (uncontaminated) on agar yet, but it doesn't keep me from tryin'...

If it works for you, please PM me and let me know how you did it!  :lol:

--------------------
The government which governs least, governs best...

supercalifragilistic
 User Gallery

#20779877 - 11/01/14 10:28 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

myzaree said:
Agreed. Would it benefit me at all to crush the verm in a bag and redunk/roll? I don't care if it suspends or makes things take longer, just want them to be healthy.

eta; I have five more cakes being birthed this week. So I should definitely crush this verm up finer and roll in that?

I would crush it up into fine, it covers and adheres to the cake better IME.

Quote:

myzaree said:

:gonnaneedmyglasses: Holy blob!

--------------------
TempMail | TempPMs
My Guide | MJ Grows

Offlinemyzaree
sleepy.
Female

#20779926 - 11/01/14 10:51 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

wowimflabbergasted said:
Quote:

myzaree said:

I would crush it up into fine, it covers and adheres to the cake better IME.

Quote:

myzaree said:

:gonnaneedmyglasses: Holy blob!

Sounds good. Should I rinse the coarse verm off these and reroll in fine? Or just use fine for the next batch of cakes?

--------------------

supercalifragilistic
 User Gallery

#20779962 - 11/01/14 11:09 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

I don't know that's up to you I suppose. Maybe do half and half just to see lol. Definitely use it on your next batch though.

--------------------
TempMail | TempPMs
My Guide | MJ Grows

Offlinemyzaree
sleepy.
Female

#20779996 - 11/01/14 11:27 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

I'm just scared to cause them anymore trauma! They look pretty traumatized. Lol. And I was very carefully handling them during birthing/never touched the actual cake since. I think it's the pressure of the spray bottle. But maybe some more people will weigh in with opinions on what's going on here. Definitely have no idea what that mushy is up to. Is it bad that I'm tempted to eat it? : ppp
I think I will go ahead and rinse 2, reroll in fine and sit back like I have been. Any comments/critiques/suggestions post them here please!

--------------------

OfflineGoldberg
Stranger
 User Gallery

#20780049 - 11/01/14 11:48 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

U might not be misting enough if they're blue it's because they don't have enough water they won't bruise like that from spraying them you can spray cakes all day long if your fae is right

InvisibleMescalitoe
Psychonaut
Male

Loc: California!
    #20780051 - 11/01/14 11:51 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

That is one weird looking mushroom haha

Offlinemyzaree
sleepy.
Female

Re: P. cubensis (Cambodian), 2 days post-birthing SGFC method [Re: Mescalitoe]
    #20780668 - 11/01/14 03:24 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

I have been spraying them every time they don't have a "glistening" look about them. And fanning them. I don't see how they could be dry, but who knows. Maybe my hygrometer is off. I have another, I'll try it. The other one is only getting stranger looking as the day progresses lol. The stem is now bigger than it was in that pic, fatter anyway. Haha

--------------------

InvisiblebodhisattaMDiscordReddit
Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Milky way
Trusted Cultivator
    #20780685 - 11/01/14 03:27 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

a digital hygrometer will always say nearly 100% in a sgfc. take it out and beat it with a hammer.

OfflineTheMustardTiger
Male

Loc: Sunnyvale Trailer Park
Re: P. cubensis (Cambodian), 2 days post-birthing SGFC method [Re: bodhisatta]
    #20780696 - 11/01/14 03:30 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

bodhisatta said:
a digital hygrometer will always say nearly 100% in a sgfc. take it out and beat it with a hammer.

How many times do you think you'll have to say this today?

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom