Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Buy Kava Tea   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinefroze
Stranger

Re: SSRI's and tripping? [Re: TreeMoss]
    #9441349 - 12/16/08 12:51 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

It depends on the SSRI. They are 'selective' seritonin reuptake inhibitors. Which sites they select is different in each.

Of course, much of this has to also do with your dosage of SSRI and LSD

However, one SSRI, Fluoxtine(Prozac) has been shown to make onset of LSD more quickly. I begin to trip LSD usually in less than 15 minutes. No joke. I've seen medical reports as well as personal experience.

Paxil has been shown to diminish or eliminate the possibility of tripping LSD the most. Then Selexa/Lexapro (same molecule just different isomers) diminish the trip second most. Prozac is the one SSRI that doesn't have any real noticeable effect on LSD.

Also note: all will make you trip harder if you've only been on for a few days, but in general once the SSRI becomes 'effective' then the trip is diminished. One can still trip, it might take much higher doses.

As far as quitting SSRI's... it also depends. Lexapro is easiest to start, hardest to quit in relation to standard side effects. It's half life is around 20 hours. Therefore time of day that you take Lexapro could effect your trip.

Prozac on the otherhand has many side effects to come on, but because it's half life is nearly 10 DAYS it can be stopped at anytime with no added side effects, generally. Your body will naturally taper it off.

Edited by froze (12/16/08 12:53 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTreeMoss
I live in a Fox Hole

Re: SSRI's and tripping? [Re: froze]
    #9445580 - 12/16/08 06:35 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

I think saying that they are selective is a bit of a twist of what they really do.

They weren't designed to affect specific receptor sites as they do, I wish I could find the table that showed different SSRI's and the different serotonin sites that details how much they affect each site (by scores).

They just  "so happen" to effect different sites (they are coded) at different levels.......so each drug just so happens to have a unique serotonin profile........nothing intended about it other than affecting specific sites at different rates than other serotonin drugs has a different drug profile.

They really aren't selective, another term would be more specific since they do not effect just one receptor site.

Down regulation of the neurons is why hallucinogens won't work after SSRI exposure and that will be very specific too which drug and how much it affects different sites.

SSRI's are much better than past anti-depressants, but they are not that great if you get on the wrong one and even that one for you isn't that great.

I've known people to do far better off of them, after learning the hard way.......living a more organic lifestyle.

--------------------
Drug chemicals are going to be more abundant and survive longer than any anti-drug agendas.  Some of us are just ahead of the game, we already know what the future will understand.  Drugs weren't bad but how some people used them were and some people just were bad because they had to be.

OfflineCporzl23
Stranger

#9446103 - 12/16/08 08:17 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

So this is interesting I guess.

I took a tab of acid for my first time the other day (it had no taste), before that I had taken my meds (1 and 1/2 Zoloft, an SSRI) maybe a week previously, and I felt little to nothing on it, I took 2 hits off a blunt so I may have even felt nothing and made false connections, but I thought it was a fake tab.

Thinking now this was the problem, thoughts?

edit: also trying to get off these drugs is so fucked, it really made me mad I got addicted to some legal shit cause it's 'good' for me.

Edited by Cporzl23 (12/16/08 08:18 PM)

Offlineicanttype
Lurker
Male

#9446283 - 12/16/08 08:49 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

i had a gf who was on anti depressants she's tried tripping mushrooms and taking more than a normal dose and it hasnt really worked LSD worked with a little more than the normal dose and i was never around for her to try MDMA which im glad cause she's a crazy bitch and i wouldnt of wanted to deal with her comedown of it

--------------------
GGTBod - "Sounds great, get trippin get naked and get animalistic make her laugh and piss all over you, i see no problems here :blush:"

Invisibleshadyy
aHhahhHA
 User Gallery

Loc: winchestertonfieldville i...
Re: SSRI's and tripping? [Re: Cporzl23]
    #9446287 - 12/16/08 08:50 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

I think you just got ripped off. If it was good acid and you took two hits you should have felt something.

--------------------

ga ga ga eets eets how you gone be mad on vacation?
MONICA COULDN'T TELL TIME UNTIL SHE WAS 13

OfflineCporzl23
Stranger

Re: SSRI's and tripping? *DELETED* [Re: shadyy]
    #9449818 - 12/17/08 12:28 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Post deleted by Cporzl23

Reason for deletion: privacy

InvisiblePhish_Dude
steppin' into yesterday
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: secret tweeker pad Flag
    #9450338 - 12/17/08 02:22 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Me and a friend tripped on mushrooms and he was taking an SSRI. The first half of the trip was good but he started to have a bad trip for some reason. From there to way after the come down he was really depressed, couldn't sleep, just sat up crying his eye's out from 3am to 9am then he went home.
I'm not sure if it was the anti depressants that caused this reaction in him, he was definitely not mentally stable. If only I knew that at the time, it was one of the hardest experiences watching loose his mind like that.

--------------------

Invisibleshadyy
aHhahhHA
 User Gallery

Re: SSRI's and tripping? [Re: Cporzl23]
    #9450589 - 12/17/08 02:58 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Cporzl23 said:
Quote:

shadysteve said:
I think you just got ripped off. If it was good acid and you took two hits you should have felt something.

2 hits of marijuana, 1 hit of acid.

thanks..I'm always high when I'm on here. :vaped:

--------------------

OfflineTreeMoss
I live in a Fox Hole

Re: SSRI's and tripping? [Re: shadyy]
    #9451989 - 12/17/08 07:47 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

That sucks Phish Dude, being depressed or in an otherwise mental situation is not good to add more chemical reaction to the situation.

People want to have a positive experience and think that they can convince themselves that they will......then really impress themselves with how wrong they were.

Drugs are catalyst, if you are already meditated and transcendental (a natural high) then that catalyst can be great......but it's not so good to find a way out of depression, I've gotten into a dark spot myself.

The acid doesn't work on some SSRI's due to the neurons being closed off, this is down regulation......no more openings to receive new chemicals.

Sorry about your friend, he should get off of the meds then try again in a few years...I know it's depressing feeling like a loser who can't even be a successful drug user.....feels very guilty.

I think if we mastered the psychedelic experience we would be better off than saying it's a chemical imbalance it isn't, those chemical situations are reflections you are the one in control (should be)....then we can walk people through the dark part of our human "soul".

--------------------
Drug chemicals are going to be more abundant and survive longer than any anti-drug agendas.  Some of us are just ahead of the game, we already know what the future will understand.  Drugs weren't bad but how some people used them were and some people just were bad because they had to be.

Offlinetempingasashaman
\\\\\\\\////////\\\\\\\\
 User Gallery

Loc: under the rainbow
    #9452169 - 12/17/08 08:15 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

I have a friend who's on Effexor and he enjoys LSD. He knows it's probably not hitting him as hard as it should, but I let him figure that shit out. He figure it out one day I suppose, I think it could scare him when he gets off the meds though. That would be interesting..

He ate a half eighth of mushrooms one time when we went to the beach and he didn't really feel anything except a little body high.

--------------------
the greatest use of life is to spend it on something that will outlast it

Invisibleshadyy
aHhahhHA
 User Gallery

Re: SSRI's and tripping? [Re: tempingasashaman]
    #9452810 - 12/17/08 09:48 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

underaroof said:He ate a half eighth of mushrooms one time when we went to the beach and he didn't really feel anything except a little body high.

That's all I feel off half an 1/8. (body high)

--------------------

Offlinetempingasashaman
\\\\\\\\////////\\\\\\\\
 User Gallery

Loc: under the rainbow
    #9453028 - 12/17/08 10:19 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Yeah, it depends on the mushroom really.

The point is he got little to no effect, and it was (I figure) probably because he is on the medication. Everyone else took an 1/8 including me that night and had a hell of a trip. Sometimes an 1/8 gets pretty nuts. I was so out of it I didn't even want to hit the bowl that was going around. I was like scared of it or something, I didn't know what to do with it.

--------------------
the greatest use of life is to spend it on something that will outlast it

OfflineTreeMoss
I live in a Fox Hole

Re: SSRI's and tripping? [Re: tempingasashaman]
    #9454435 - 12/18/08 05:19 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

What?  You only feel a body buzz from half an eighth, you need better shrooms or to learn to meditate or smoke some weed on it (that is probably it).

I've seen things on half an eighth, quite nice things but nothing really out there.

--------------------

Invisibleshadyy
aHhahhHA
 User Gallery

#9454739 - 12/18/08 07:35 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Well to tell you the truth I haven't eaten a half 1/8 in about 3 years so I'm not actually positive on the effects.

--------------------

Offlineimjrod
Stranger

#20769070 - 10/29/14 05:17 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

SSRI's will usually enhance the visuals of tryptamines. This is because they block the re-uptake process. Serotonin (the chemical that is mimicked by acid and shrooms) is rather unique in its binding process, in that there is both the uptake and re-uptake. When it comes to acid and shrooms, what goes to the "uptake receptors" gives an hallucinogenic effect and is then destroyed, while what binds to the "re-uptake receptors" is destroyed without effect. Therefore if one can block the re-uptake process, one will get more visuals from acid/shrooms or just tryptamines in general.

But it takes a megadose, or 7 to 8 day supply. Now, I highly recommend not taking a megadose of prescription SSRI's, because of the  potential negative side effects. For example, if your prescription might cause liver damage, you'd be increasing risk to take a week's supply at once.

It's best to use natural SSRI's, as they have no negative side-effect, aside from possible interactions with other medications and possible sleepiness.

It's also important to note that the physical/mood effects of acid/shrooms comes from the presence in the brain, while the visuals comes from the uptake process. Therefore, taking an SSRI will slightly increase the duration of the physical/mood effects because blocking the re-uptake will keep it around longer, but the intensity of the physical/mood effects will not increase. The visuals will increase on an SSRI, but the physical/mood effects will just last a teensy bit longer.

When it comes to shrooms, using an MAOI will change the experience due to allowing the DMT in shrooms to cross the stomach lining. Another way to get a DMT experience from shrooms is to smoke them. But that destroys the visual ingredients of shrooms. So, eat the shrooms with an MAOI and SSRI herb like Passion Flower or Kava Kava.

Kava Kava and Passion Flower have both MAOI's and SSRI's in them. Passion Flower has a much more potent MAOI. Unfortunately, the dosage of Passion Flower that will intensify visuals, about 7 to 10 grams, will also make one sleepy.

From my personal experience, I find it best to use enough Passion Flower for the MAOI to let molly cross the stomach lining (2 - 2.5 grams) with enough St. John's Wort to provide the rest of the SSRI (about 5 grams). Also recreational on shrooms or acid is smoking Kanna.

Enough of an SSRI all by itself with give a sparkly tracer type effect. This is recreational to add on top of Muscaria or Extacy/Moonies. The sparkly tracer dose of SSRI's also dramatically enhances shrooms/acid. It's better to smoke the SSRI to get the sparkly/tracer, and this is where Kanna comes in. Kanna is a great SSRI with a euphoria to it. So what I usually do is have Passion Flower and St. John's wort tea or extract pills and then smoke some Kanna after peaking out.

To my experience, smoking natural SSRIs, not just Kanna, but any, on acid or shrooms will give an excellent visual type rush. I've never smoked a pill.

Hope this helps. Passion Flower is good to keep around but due to the sleepiness it's best to add another SSRI. I usually use St. John's Wort for this. I've found that Ginseng prevents the sleepiness of Passion Flower and also enhances the Muscaria experience.

And remember it's best to NOT take a megadose of prescriptions SSRI's and I don't even know what they'll do to you. Some don't even kick in until they've built up in your system. In that case, an 8 day supply might  not kick in your buzz. So stick with the natural stuff. :wink:

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Buy Kava Tea   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract