Home | Community | Message Board

Crestline Sales - MycoPath
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinemntlfngrs
The Art of Casterbation
Male User Gallery

every man a tiger
    #2075803 - 11/06/03 02:43 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

I know this isn't the bok forum but I wanted your political opinion on this book and author.
I just read Every Man a Tiger by Tom Clancy
Every Man a Tiger is the story of two revolutions: of how a service damaged by Vietnam reinvented itself through vision, determination, and brutally hard work -- in Horner's words, "We had to learn how to be an Air Force all over again" -- and of how war changed fundamentally in the last decade of the century, not only in the new dominance of air power, but in all its aspects. It is a story of speed, accuracy, efficiency, information, and initiative, as well as of smoke, fear, courage, and blood. It is a front-row seat to a man, an institution, a war, and a way of war that together make this a classic of military history.

I already had plenty of respect for millitary people being an ex squid myself but I did find a new respect for them in this book. The average person seems to only hear the bad crap about solders through the media but this book gives the reader some perspective on the type of people who are the back bone and heart of Americas millitary.

For everyone that hates the millitary, do you think Clancy is a propagandaist because of this indepth analysis that puts the millitary in a pretty glowing light?

--------------------
Be all and you'll be to end all

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinemonoamine
umask 077(nonefor you)

Loc: Jacksonville,FL
Re: every man a tiger [Re: mntlfngrs]
    #2076063 - 11/06/03 04:58 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Tom Clancy=world's biggest military propagandist

That bastard even has his own video games (about a dozen of them). I play them all the time.

My family is four generations Navy. My great grandfather was in WW2,my grandfather in Korea,and my dad in Vietnam. They all talk shit about the military now that they're out,but they had grandiose fantasies while in. I think seeing pictures of peoples' heads blown off from sniper rifles and AK's really turned me off from the idea. Thank you rotten and ogrish.

--------------------
People think that if you just say the word "hallucinations" it explains everything you want it to explain and eventually whatever it is you can't explain will just go away.It's just a word,it doesn't explain anything...
Douglas Adams

Offlinemntlfngrs
The Art of Casterbation
Male User Gallery

Re: every man a tiger [Re: monoamine]
    #2078812 - 11/06/03 11:49 PM (13 years, 30 days ago)

Well quit it then if you all hate it. DOes each son refuse to believe their father?

--------------------
Be all and you'll be to end all

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Political Discussion