Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinebdalak
Stranger
Phalaris and peruvian torch identification
    #20753945 - 10/26/14 04:12 AM (9 years, 5 months ago)

Hello and nice to meet you all.
This plant is grow here pretty much everywhere, in any season.
Relly look like phalaris, but the leaves look more like straws then leaves, and they dont spread out when time pass.
Here is two pictures of the plant:

What you think?, a chance of dmt containing plant?

And now for the second question, This is really look like peruvian torch to me but i would prefer to upload the pics to be on the safe side:

What you think?, thank you all.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinematt1208
HERBALIST

Loc: in the heavens
Re: Phalaris and peruvian torch identification [Re: bdalak]
    #20754025 - 10/26/14 06:03 AM (9 years, 5 months ago)

Doesn't resemble phalaris to me at all, a simple image search would have told you this aswell...

as for the cactus I wouldn't have a clue, looks like a trichocereus to me though

--------------------
I AM ZEUS

Offlinebdalak
Stranger
Re: Phalaris and peruvian torch identification [Re: matt1208]
    #20754045 - 10/26/14 06:19 AM (9 years, 5 months ago)

The flowers look like phalaris flowers to me, seems to be something that worth the question...

Offlinematt1208
HERBALIST

Loc: in the heavens
    #20754239 - 10/26/14 08:18 AM (9 years, 5 months ago)

I don't see any resemblance at all, I know what that plant is I just can't quiet remember the name of it

--------------------
I AM ZEUS

Offlinekactus.brand.g
Re: Phalaris and peruvian torch identification [Re: matt1208]
    #20754280 - 10/26/14 08:34 AM (9 years, 5 months ago)

You have a Trichocereus I'm pretty sure,but I'm not sure which one it could be.

OfflineLemnaminor
Lophophora - eyed
Male User Gallery

Loc: Sicily
Re: Phalaris and peruvian torch identification [Re: kactus.brand.g]
    #20754797 - 10/26/14 11:34 AM (9 years, 5 months ago)

That trichocereus,it might be an hibrid between Peruvianus and Pachanoi....

--------------------

"The best things in life, come covered in spines."

Offlinebdalak
Stranger
Re: Phalaris and peruvian torch identification [Re: Lemnaminor]
    #20754954 - 10/26/14 12:11 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

Why you think thats an hybrid?
San pedro dont got this spines, achuma either, Why you think that is not a regular torch?

InvisibleRafiikii
 User Gallery

#20755140 - 10/26/14 01:00 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

looks like trichocereus cuzcoensis

--------------------
"You didn’t come into this world. You came out of it, like a wave from the ocean. You are no stranger here."

Offlinebdalak
Stranger
Re: Phalaris and peruvian torch identification [Re: Rafiikii]
    #20755168 - 10/26/14 01:09 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Rafiikii said:

Nice man...(*****Non-sponsor link removed*****)
According to this url this is what you said, What about the potency?
Can I brew it or just let it grows and look for others?

(Mod Edit: No non sponsor links are allowed in the Ethnobotanical Garden. Please read our forum rules>>https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/7399068)

Edited by karode13 (10/26/14 08:03 PM)

InvisibleJayZ Morgan
Samder's 4 prez'
Male User Gallery

Loc: Alameda Co. Flag
    #20755203 - 10/26/14 01:18 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

Looks like a Cuzcoensis from my point of view aswell ,
Most of the Cuzcoensis have been reported on the lower spectrum of activity than others of the family.
From weak Pedro's to totally inactive cuzcos , I wouldn't risk my gut/gullet on that bad ass looking cactus , especially if its not mine,

--------------------

Offlinebdalak
Stranger
Re: Phalaris and peruvian torch identification [Re: JayZ Morgan]
    #20755268 - 10/26/14 01:33 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

Actually its in my garden right now, but getting san pedro isn't gonna be problem here so im probably won't eat this one...

OfflineLemnaminor
Lophophora - eyed
Male User Gallery

#20755660 - 10/26/14 02:57 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

Actually, the top part spines were more similar to regular Pachanoi
Also if "Achuma" refers to T.Bridgesii they kinda get long spines

Anyway, sometimes we happen to see strange ones to identify and hybrids are pretty everywere

If it is a Cuczoenis, well, just dont eat it.

--------------------

OfflineBigHeart
Burner

#20757559 - 10/26/14 10:04 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

I'm gonna cast my vote for cuzcoensis as well,  but who knows whether it's actually inactive or not.  The odds seem to be that it's not worth destroying that badass cactus since it's probably not that active, but then again it very well could be a hybrid, or the spine length and coloration could be factors of the climate and soil nutrients.  I also don't know how reliable internet reports are when it comes to potency, because there are nearly infinite variables to take into consideration when someone says it's not potent (their weight, tolerance, method of preparation and how well they actually follow it, diet, experience with psychedelics, how much cactus they actually took (most people don't weigh or measure exactly) and the growing conditions of the cactus). 

Just like how people say Pachanoi are weak, well I beg to differ. 

If you do decide to try it out, leave at least 6 inches up from the roots intact, and it will regrow quickly although will never have that nice clean single column look again.

--------------------

Offlinebdalak
Stranger
Re: Phalaris and peruvian torch identification [Re: BigHeart]
    #20758310 - 10/27/14 03:17 AM (9 years, 5 months ago)

Thanks all for the help, I think the best way to deal with this one is to extract it.
My botanical knowledge is not really rich as you saw, but chemistry is.
For my opinion crystal formation after a gentle deep extraction is the best indication for the potency after calculating the yields.
hope to report soon...

OfflineBigHeart
Burner

#20758339 - 10/27/14 03:42 AM (9 years, 5 months ago)

I agree, a solid, well executed extraction would be more indicative of potency than subjective experience reports.  It's just so rare to find any solid extraction reports that include pictures and species.

--------------------

OfflineLemnaminor
Lophophora - eyed
Male User Gallery

#20758388 - 10/27/14 04:43 AM (9 years, 5 months ago)

It would be great if you could extract, since T.Cuzcoenis is a topic of debate
Many Reports say that it is not good for trips, because if it's active it has a lower amount of mescaline compared to other trichs(namely Pacha Peru Brid), so you'd have to eat a shitload of that to get the desired effect (and eating big amounts is kinda troublesome).
Anyhow, still happens that some individual species get to have staordinary amounts,so just do extraction, if you can. It would be a great contribute

--------------------

Invisiblekarode13Facebook
Tāne Mahuta
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: LV-426
Re: Phalaris and peruvian torch identification [Re: Rafiikii]
    #20758412 - 10/27/14 05:08 AM (9 years, 5 months ago)

And update the original post with clear pictures. If you're having trouble getting clear close ups then enable macro mode on the device you're using.

I haven't chimed in because the pictures aren't clear. It does appear to be a either a T.cuzcoensis or T.peruvianus. The lower growth was grown in brighter light as is evident by the prominent spination and compact areoles. Compare that growth with the top and you can see how it's stretched for light, note the space between areoles, and the spines aren't as prominent as lower down on the cactus.

T. cuzcoensis has a bad reputation due to a large internet based vendor selling them under the guise of T. peruvianus in the mid to late 2000's. These plants were weak compared to real peruvianus and this has been translated to T.cuzcoensis being weak by those who parrot what they read without knowing the facts. Compared to T. peruvianus they're weak. The cactus does contain mescaline though.

Quote:

Rafiikii said:

Nearly there. Some advice:

Always capitalise the genus name but not the specific epithet(species name). Eg: Lophophora williamsii

--------------------

Offlinebdalak
Stranger
    #20758719 - 10/27/14 08:57 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

BigHeart said:
I agree, a solid, well executed extraction would be more indicative of potency than subjective experience reports.  It's just so rare to find any solid extraction reports that include pictures and species.

You will get them I promise...

Quote:

Lemnaminor said:
It would be great if you could extract, since T.Cuzcoenis is a topic of debate
Many Reports say that it is not good for trips, because if it's active it has a lower amount of mescaline compared to other trichs(namely Pacha Peru Brid), so you'd have to eat a shitload of that to get the desired effect (and eating big amounts is kinda troublesome).
Anyhow, still happens that some individual species get to have staordinary amounts,so just do extraction, if you can. It would be a great contribute

First, You talking about a genus that able to produce indole ring and and aromatic ring naturally, the 3 Methoxy substituents forms from 3 different enzymes.
I'm trully sure that a hell lot of other intoxicating alkaloids can be formed via this interesting biosynthesis, Try to look on it sometime, fascinating.
In this case gentle extraction can raise surprising results, worth the test.

Offlinebdalak
Stranger
    #20758766 - 10/27/14 09:23 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

New pictures:

Offlineintelligentlife
Noaidi
 User Gallery

Loc: EU
    #20760176 - 10/27/14 04:15 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Seems pretty much those "peruvian torch" what usually are t. cuzcoensis plants.

Well.. Karode explain already why spines grow different and new growth at top isn't like it should, simply before plant have exposed to stronger light levers than after the new growth.

I would call that t. cuzcoensis of some sort based on those pictures. Cuzco(noids) have always those big white aeroles, and big spines, darker at base.

That plant have probably sold as "peruvian torch" ...many cuzcoensis and peruvianus are often confused.

As the matter of fact, I don't even know for sure where t. peruvianus comes from at first place.. I believe t. peruvianus is just name for plants from peru. cuzcoensis is likely just named after location of town named cusco.

Some of those look-a-like plants have mescaline, yes, some may have even more than weak pachanoi plants.

Their reputation(plants similar to pics) is just bad when plant used for ingestion. Some really have relatively strong amount mescaline in them, some doesn't have much.

Maybe dried chips drug trade have been confused too much to actual cactus cultivation and taxonomy. If cuzcoensis have got bad reputation because vendors sell weak dried cactus under the name of t. cuzcoensis, so be it.. but from dried stuff it's impossible to say for sure what cactus it even is.

I have taken trip from one cuzcoensis, well, it was not so potent I was used to.. What I mean to say is some of them have weak amount of mescaline and some have more. Probably most of cactus plants look like that doesn't even have been bio-assayed much.

Also what comes to modern day, it's not unheard-of you have hybridized cactus. In general you can say it's "peruvian torch" or whatever you like to call it. But what comes to "real peruvianus" and so on.. They have little bit different(but yet similar) appearance to cuzcoensis. They are very easy to confuse, but usually most so called t. peruvianus plants have been totally different colored spines, even many trichocereus turn their spines to white when aging, new growth tip spine coloration differ very much from "real peruvian torch" to "fake peruvian torch" (whatever they really even is)

I still could say I am 90% sure plant in the picture doesn't yield "normal dose"(ie. 12-14inch of cactus) of mescaline cactus, but don't take my word for it, I can't say 100% sure from picture but that seems very similar cuzcoensis I have tested and I felt mescaline, yes, but it were weak clone in overall.. 15inch section was just some minor trip, not even so strong to south american pachanoi plants..

Most potent plants so far I have test have been southern america pachanoi imported to EU, I would estimate those pachanoi somewhere between 1-2% (dried dose to "full trip" usually have been under 50grams, but over 20grams)

That plant is 100% sure trichocereus.. Only person/nursery you have got this plant have background data(if they have) ..if not, I would add trichocereus cuzcoensis label there if you want.. It doesn't go far from cuzcoensis I would not say it's not.. But I know some have cross-breed cuzcoensis with bridgesii and others, how long ago and when and what continent, I don't know..

Your plant sure have more spikes compared to my cuzcoensis plants sold as "not real peruvian torch but peruvian torch" ..my vendor said my they are not "real peruvian torch" and said they are likely hybrids or just spiky trichocereus plants without more accurate name or location where it's from.

Your plant haven't probbaly grown similar big spikes what it have at base maybe because it doesn't have got full light, or if so, do you have given how strong fertilizers to your cactus? (Nitrogen can cause sometimes elongated growth, aeroles far away from each others and spines may grow like that)

But picture, it's hard to tell, it's probably one of those, either you have given lots of N-fertilizer to your cactus or it just doesn't receive enough light. That plant should grow big spines when it's exposed to sun or when it's in greenhouse receiving intensive light.

My cuzcoensis plants grows spikes towards sun, similar what bridgesii does, sometimes it doesn't grow big central spine, sometimes it does.. Now early winter, I clearly can see from tip of another cuzcoensis where sun shines afternoon, it have long spines at top of cactus reaching ~45degree angle upwards, towards sun. Except sun isn't anymore so high in the sky. But those plants give me some idea where strongest sunshine comes when I just look their spines.. Same with bridgesii.. Pachanoi does very rarely long spines but it's not uncommon "spineless" pachanoi(in here EU) grow one, two bigger spines, usually to side what have been exposed to strongest sunshine over summer.

Edited by intelligentlife (10/27/14 04:22 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale