Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlineqman
Stranger

Serena Williams rips Russian tennis chief for offensive comments
    #20737442 - 10/22/14 10:42 AM (9 years, 5 months ago)

http://espn.go.com/tennis/story/_/id/11726918/serena-williams-responds-russian-tennis-federation-official-comments-supports-suspension

"Tarpischeu called them the "William brothers". He also said that "it's scary when you really look at them."

"Serena Williams said, "I thought they (comments) were very insensitive and extremely sexist as well as racist at the same time. I thought they were in a way bullying.":lolwut:

I do agree that the comments were very insensitive, but I don't see any sexism or racism in the words he used, he insulted the woman (and her sister) and nothing more.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineCHeifM4sterDiezL
Chief Globerts

Loc: United States Flag
Re: Serena Williams rips Russian tennis chief for offensive comments [Re: qman]
    #20737450 - 10/22/14 10:45 AM (9 years, 5 months ago)

Its def sexist. But racist to say its racist.

OfflineHerbologist
Grrratata
I'm a teapot

Loc: Casa Bonita Flag
Re: Serena Williams rips Russian tennis chief for offensive comments [Re: CHeifM4sterDiezL]
    #20737457 - 10/22/14 10:47 AM (9 years, 5 months ago)

Idk what it is. Doesn't seem racist at all.  Its just mean lol.

--------------------
Shroomery Law:  Don't piss off the leftist mods & their friends! :banhamster:

Offlineqman
Stranger

Re: Serena Williams rips Russian tennis chief for offensive comments [Re: CHeifM4sterDiezL]
    #20737466 - 10/22/14 10:50 AM (9 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

CHeifM4sterDiezL said:
Its def sexist. But racist to say its racist.

Why is it sexist?  He's insinuating that their physical appearance seems masculine to him, that's not sexism, that's an insult.

OfflineCHeifM4sterDiezL
Chief Globerts

#20737488 - 10/22/14 10:58 AM (9 years, 5 months ago)

Its sexist to say because a woman has a muscular physique she is masculine imo. :shrug:

Offlineqman
Stranger

#20737640 - 10/22/14 11:39 AM (9 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

CHeifM4sterDiezL said:
Its sexist to say because a woman has a muscular physique she is masculine imo. :shrug:

It's still not a sexist comment, it's a observation or opinion that's very insulting.

People throw out the sexist and racist victimization card without any justification all the time now, it's disgusting.

OfflineCHeifM4sterDiezL
Chief Globerts

#20737665 - 10/22/14 11:47 AM (9 years, 5 months ago)

I agree but if feel this comment made was more of a gender styreotype than an observation of an individual's physical characteristics.

OfflineHerbologist
Grrratata
I'm a teapot

Loc: Casa Bonita Flag
    #20737677 - 10/22/14 11:51 AM (9 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

CHeifM4sterDiezL said:
I agree but if feel this comment made was more of a gender styreotype than an observation of an individual's physical characteristics.

I'd agree but if i remember correctly the Williams sisters are both in very good shape, by that I mean very muscular compared to other women.  Seems like an individual physical characteristic.

--------------------
Shroomery Law:  Don't piss off the leftist mods & their friends! :banhamster:

InvisibleStonehenge
Alt Center
Male User Gallery

Loc: S.E.
Re: Serena Williams rips Russian tennis chief for offensive comments [Re: Herbologist]
    #20738545 - 10/22/14 03:12 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

I think he was being honest, no one is supposed to give their honest opinions anymore unless it passes a political correctness censor. It was not sexist and to say it was racist shows she is a stupid person.

--------------------
“A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship.” (attributed to Alexis de Tocqueville political philosopher Circa 1835)

Trade list http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/18047755

InvisibleSophistic Radiance
Free sVs!
Female

Loc: Center of the Universe
Re: Serena Williams rips Russian tennis chief for offensive comments [Re: qman] * 1
    #20738568 - 10/22/14 03:15 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

qman said:
http://espn.go.com/tennis/story/_/id/11726918/serena-williams-responds-russian-tennis-federation-official-comments-supports-suspension

"Tarpischeu called them the "William brothers". He also said that "it's scary when you really look at them."

"Serena Williams said, "I thought they (comments) were very insensitive and extremely sexist as well as racist at the same time. I thought they were in a way bullying.":lolwut:

I do agree that the comments were very insensitive, but I don't see any sexism or racism in the words he used, he insulted the woman (and her sister) and nothing more.

The Williams sisters are hot as fuck and also very muscular and powerful, whereas the Russians think women should be meek and submissive. That guy should eat garbage until he gets sick and dies.

--------------------
Enlil said:
You really are the worst kind of person.

Offlineqman
Stranger

Re: Serena Williams rips Russian tennis chief for offensive comments [Re: Sophistic Radiance]
    #20738640 - 10/22/14 03:29 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

BlindSophist said:
Quote:

qman said:

The Williams sisters are hot as fuck and also very muscular and powerful, whereas the Russians think women should be meek and submissive. That guy should eat garbage until he gets sick and dies.

"The Williams sisters are hot as fuck"

I do know that many men feel this way, I'm not one of them.

"whereas the Russians think women should be meek and submissive"

The funny thing is that many Russian female tennis players are very masculine.

Free sVs!
Female

#20738653 - 10/22/14 03:33 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

qman said:
The funny thing is that many Russian female tennis players are very masculine.

Then why did he single out the Williams sisters like that? People don't just do things for no reason. It's almost as if he's applying some sort of, oh I don't know, double standard.

--------------------
Enlil said:

InvisibleBurke Dennings
baby merchant

Re: Serena Williams rips Russian tennis chief for offensive comments [Re: Sophistic Radiance] * 3
    #20738663 - 10/22/14 03:35 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

:ohboyohboyohboy:

Invisiblewhatsgrimace
Stranger
Male

#20741794 - 10/23/14 07:20 AM (9 years, 5 months ago)

I don't really see this as a big deal... Everyone should just get over it.

--------------------

InvisibleStonehenge
Alt Center
Male User Gallery

Re: Serena Williams rips Russian tennis chief for offensive comments [Re: whatsgrimace]
    #20742283 - 10/23/14 10:11 AM (9 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

whatsgrimace said:

But this is the age of political correctness and you don't just insult a black person and get away with it. Its automatically racism and the person may lose their job. In this case, putin could care less but if it happened here, lets say a university president said it, he would be toast. Or someone in any of a number of semi-political positions would be toast. If you insult a white guy, be he athlete or whatever, its just a personal dispute, nothing racist or sexist about that.

--------------------
“A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship.” (attributed to Alexis de Tocqueville political philosopher Circa 1835)

Offlineqman
Stranger

Re: Serena Williams rips Russian tennis chief for offensive comments [Re: Stonehenge]
    #20742363 - 10/23/14 10:37 AM (9 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Stonehenge said:
Quote:

whatsgrimace said:

But this is the age of political correctness and you don't just insult a black person and get away with it. Its automatically racism and the person may lose their job. In this case, putin could care less but if it happened here, lets say a university president said it, he would be toast. Or someone in any of a number of semi-political positions would be toast. If you insult a white guy, be he athlete or whatever, its just a personal dispute, nothing racist or sexist about that.

That's my point, why didn't anyone stand up to Serena and say that her pulling the sexism/racism card is not called for in this case, and in fact it was completely inappropriate.

It seems everyone is afraid to confront the PC machine, her words were actually more threatening than his, but since she's the professional victim it goes unnoticed.

InvisibleStonehenge
Alt Center
Male User Gallery

#20742626 - 10/23/14 11:57 AM (9 years, 5 months ago)

>...the professional victim

Exactly!

--------------------

Free sVs!
Female

#20743067 - 10/23/14 01:34 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

qman said:
Quote:

Stonehenge said:
Quote:

whatsgrimace said:

That's my point, why didn't anyone stand up to Serena and say that her pulling the sexism/racism card is not called for in this case, and in fact it was completely inappropriate.

It seems everyone is afraid to confront the PC machine, her words were actually more threatening than his, but since she's the professional victim it goes unnoticed.

I illustrated how it is both sexist and racist, and you refrained from commenting.

She is not a professional victim. She is a professional tennis player.

--------------------
Enlil said:

Offlineqman
Stranger

Re: Serena Williams rips Russian tennis chief for offensive comments [Re: Sophistic Radiance]
    #20743227 - 10/23/14 02:12 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

BlindSophist said:
Quote:

qman said:
Quote:

Stonehenge said:
Quote:

whatsgrimace said:

I illustrated how it is both sexist and racist, and you refrained from commenting.

No you didn't, you said that he "single out the Williams sisters", which he did not, when they were brought up in conversation he made his comments.

Even if he did "single out the Williams sisters" that doesn't make the comments sexist or racist in nature, the comments were just rude and insulting, nothing more.

Free sVs!
Female

#20743258 - 10/23/14 02:18 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

Do you have examples of him saying that other highly developed female athletes are "scary" and somehow not female due to their physical strength?

--------------------
Enlil said:

Edited by Sophistic Radiance (10/23/14 02:24 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds